[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: MalaysianMight.jpg (474 KB, 780x522)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
How strong is Malaysia? Ive been hearing about how they were the only ones that beat a communist insurgency, something America failed to do in Vietnam. Tell me about their tactics and strategies in beating said insurgency.
>>
>>61585494
Not very strong
>>
>>61585548
How so? I saw some pics and they look pretty modern to me.
>>
>>61585494
Weak, and insecure on /k/. They make the worst threads on here.
>>
>>61585550
By being weak and not strong.
>>
>>61585494
Found the indog son of a pig
>>
File: yz9zt9kwatz91.jpg (250 KB, 870x1198)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>61585494
>Ive been hearing about how they were the only ones that beat a communist insurgency
Are you sure about that
>>
>>61585494
Malaysia had the toughest commando and special force unit in South East Asia. Malaysian troops are the only forces in the world to have defeated a communist insurgency. They happen to be the best jungle fighters in the world. In the decades in the fight against the Communists, there is no record of a Malaysian soldier taken alive. Elite fores all over the world are trained by them. The jungle warfare school in Fort Benning, Georgia was set up by a Malaysian team. The UK, NZ and Australian forces have joint training in Malaysia to learn jungle warfare from Malaysian forces on an annual basis, especially after the Vietnam war.

Just learn about Col Charles Beckwith ... he had been part of British Special Air Services (SAS) in Malaya and used the knowledge to further develop US Special Force programmes including Vietnam and Delta Forces. Malaysian Special Force are rooted from SAS the same way and time during his tour there too. Some additional jungle skills from the native were also included, specially in tracking and hiding. When I saw the Delta Force jungle training ... I see some similarities, that why they are able to work together in Somalia and Bosnia among others. The technologies used may not be as great as the US, but the effectiveness are as good.
>>
The Western mind, to place the Malaysian forces in the same category as the Arabs is an under estimation. Malaysian soldiers, sailors and airman join the regular forces for the love of the profession, most of them. There are servicemen with an impressive lineage of soldiering. Most Malaysian servicemen have been blooded. Malaysian troops constantly have combined arms exercises throughout the year, they have elaborately planned out training cycles for the individual,units, brigades, divisions and the corps as a whole. They exercise in peace times with imaginery enemies, they have made mistakes, they go back to the drawing boards. They know their weaknesses,they improvise, adapt and overcome. They also conduct lots of cross training with foreign forces.
>>
>>61585494
That was the British pal.
>>
>>61585494
Fun Fact: Modern-Day Malaysia Has Never Lost A War

>Win against Communist during Second Malayan Emergency (1968–1989)
>Inconclusive against Somalian rebels during Operation Gothic Serpent, part of Black Hawk Down
>Peacekeeping during Croatian and Bosnian Independence as UNPROFOR (1992–1995)
>Win against Pro-Indog militias as International Force for East Timor (1999–2000)
>Win against Timor Leste rebels during Operation Astute (2006–2013)
>Win against Somali pirates during Operation Ocean Shield (2009–2016)
>Win against pagpag eaters during Lahad Datu standoff (2013)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Malaysia
>>
>>61585494

Unlike US which was defeated in Afghanistan and Vietnam, Malaysian are the only sovereign nation that managed to defeat the Communist terrorism by their own during 2nd Emergency in 1972-1990, not only in Malaysian peninsula but also in Sarawak where the communist terrorists were supported by Indonesian military.
>Hearts and minds campaign
>LRRP
>Tighter coordination between military, law enforcement and community
>Total control of border and supplies
>Complete air superiority
>Complete media and public information control
>Shared wealth between leaders and people. (Malaysian is are rare example of education and medical services are free to its citizens)
>Non-isolation on minorities (Even the Malaysian aborigines were given special forces battalion composed of experienced tracker "Senoi Praq" and combat intelligence unit within Royal Ranger Regiment, some of them were send to Vietnam to teaches the SEAL's and LRRP the art of jungle combat)
>>
File: img350.jpg (214 KB, 1600x1066)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>61585689
Wrong, the Second Emergency from 1969-89 was only Malaysia against Communist Terrorist, Commonwealth were only involved from 1948-60
>>
I do not care for thirdies.
>>
>>61585550
Equipment don't mean shit when you don't have the training and skill to use it properly.
Also nations will generally showcase the few best things they have they are not indicative of the average equipment.
>>
>>61585713
>-1989
>Conveniently, when the Soviet Union was dissolving
Malaysia didn't beat anybody. Their backers just gave up funding their little proxy war
>>
>>61585713
So you accept you were wrong when you said "only ones that beat a communist insurgency"
Also without the British training/funding/equipment Malaya wouldnt have survived the first or second commie uprising.
>>
>>61585723
Cared enough to post though
>>
By my Grandfather's estimation, Malaysians have never been interested in warfare and don't have a warrior spirit. There are very few wars in Malaysia's history. He lived through the Japanese occupation and fought communists under the British. He attributes success mostly to British leadership and air support.

On paper I doubt the military is adequate for anything other than territorial self defense and anti-piracy. Which is really just fine. The Thai military is much bigger and better equipped but the geography would even some things out and Malaysia's military is just big enough to make an invasion costly for them. Singapore has a definite qualitative advantage and a much more advanced air force but they have no interest in war and in practice, they're very much reliant on us for water. And while in sheer numbers the Indonesians dwarf us, they're also pretty incompetent and I really doubt their ability to project power meaningfully or stage a complex amphibious invasion, especially since Singapore would almost certainly ally with us in that case.

In summary Malaysia doesn't really need a big military, we don't like war and we're not really great at fighting. We'll do it if we really have to but only just enough to deter foreign aggression, which hasn't really been a problem lately since we're not really worth invading anyway. Unless you really, really like palm oil, satay and roti canai.
>>
File: lf4otdi640r51.jpg (70 KB, 600x445)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
In 1993 during Battle of Mogadishu the burger rangers failed to extract their downed helicopter crews and asked the local UN forces. Pakistan and Malaysia agreed to assist with Pakistani tanks as the spearhead and 32 Malaysian APC to rescue the trapped American troops. But before entering Mogadishu Pakistan got cold feet and ran leaving Malaysian to die with the Americans. In the end the extraction was successful but lost 4 APC and a guy took RPG-7 to the torso covering the convoy after his vehicle was disabled.
>>
>>61585723
What is your definition of third world? In sheer economic, HDI and educational terms parts of Malaysia already outstrip parts of the southern United States and some euro countries. An increasing amount of american young professionals in medicine, technology, engineering ect. are immigrants from the "third world" because the core of your country is declining so quickly. You can only coast on granddaddy's coat tails for so long, and from what I've seen from living in both countries for an extended time, Americans are getting stupider, fatter, and lazier at an exponential rate while everything that made you powerful is stagnating, and your politics have become so divisive that even public institutions have become partisan. You know I'm right even if you seethe about it. In about another half century the US will be no different than any other brown nation.
>>
>>61585693
I bet they won some military exercises too, don't forget to list those
>>
>>61585494
>>61585651
>>61585661
>>61585693
>>61585704
>>61585782
My man this shit is beyond pathetic. Our military is tiny, outdated and completely irrelevant. This is worse than when Chinese posters cope that they "won" the Korean war by posting the outcome of individual battles. Stop kidding yourself.

T. Malaysia
>>
>>61585897
have you considered being paid to post here? you'd do a better job than OP
>>
>>61585872
No. I'm going to drink my tap water now.
>>
>>61585872
>You know I'm right even if you seethe about it. In about another half century the US will be no different than any other brown nation.

Considering that even Mexico is going to be first world in the next 20 years and the US is managing to still grow massively in spite of any and all negatives. I strongly suspect the US is just going to keep on chugging forwards and this rhetoric will continue from thirdies who will still keep coming here while claiming the US is in decline.
>>
>>61585897
The enemies of America have an incentive to sow petty rivalries between us and other countries.

>boy malaysia sure is strong isn't it? not like AMERICA, which sucks obviously
>t. chinese/indian/russian spammer
>>
File: SIBMAS AFSV 90.jpg (2.29 MB, 2300x1529)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>61585897
how much do I pay you for a SIBMAS AFSV 90?
>>
>>61585494
>>61585630
Britain's casualty ratios were pathetic

The communist rebels killed British high commissioner Henry Gurney

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Gurney

7,000 Malayan communists fought against 451,000 British commanded troops.

Malayan Communists lost 6,710 dead while British, local pro-British Malaysian forces, New Zealand and Australia lost 2843 dead

The communists in Malaysia did better than Vietnamese number wnd casualty wise, millions of Vietnamese were slaughtered with not a single high ranking American official killed.

Vietnamese communists outnumbered Americans, Communists in Malaya were outnumbered by a gazillion times but managed to fight for over a decade.
>>
>>61585494
>the only ones that beat a communist insurgency, something America failed to do in Vietnam
To be fair the US succeeded in that many times in South America.
>>
>>61585782
ghurkas were there too, but no one talks about them because they tried to take some heads as war trophies or something like that
>>
File: pinocho-3724775333~2.jpg (194 KB, 971x1061)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>61588909
>To be fair the US succeeded in that many times in South America.

The US never landed troops in South America to kill commies despite what South American pinkos will tell you. Helicopter man did most of it himself.
>>
Philippines is a shithole
>>
the only countries that didn't beat a communist insurgency are cuba china russia and south vietnam
>>
>>61585782
Your forces were also too pussy to dismount during the extraction, so the exhausted Rangers and Delta who had been in combat for nearly 24 continuous hours were forced to run out alongside your vehicles while trying to protect your column from Somali footmobiles which you were unable to effectively engage.
>>
>>61589662
It was Pakistanis who chickened out and abandoning the rescue convoy.

The original rescue plan is to have four Pakistanis M48 MBT to lead and protect the rear of the convoy. Not to mentioned to neutralise any roadblock encountered.

But just before K4 roundabout the refusing to move forward. Claiming shit like "M48 couldn't stand against IED unlike 10th Mountain Humvees and Malaysian Condor", "Didn't have NVGs", "Didn't know the road" and lastly "Order from Islamabad".

The cowardice of Pakistanis to become shield and hammer to the rescue convoy wasting too much precious time while American are dying, forcing General Garrison and MALBATT commander to change the plan and led the lightly armoured Malaysian Condor to proceed into Bakara Market WITHOUT any heavy armour protection. This led to Mogadishu Mile and more casualty both Americans and Malaysians.
>>
>>61589662
According to Major Jeff Struecker, Pakistani are literally abandoned the Americans forcing lightly armoured Malaysian and 10th Mountain ventured into Bakara Market alone.

(Skip to 35:00 onwards)
https://youtu.be/gFoefxX3rb8
>>
>>61585494
Strong enough to be America's vreatest ally in the region but chink spies infiltrating the upper echelons of the pentagon and all that tech got sold to the chinese through Singapore, a chinese colony.
>>
>>61591654
Continue to seethe, Malay.
>>
File: SAF 2021.Chart.jpg (119 KB, 1024x773)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>61591654
Despite the fact that Malaysia is a larger and more strategically important country when it comes to countering the PRC in the South China Sea, the US ... has chosen to favor Singapore diplomatically and arm it with latest equipment like F-35 and HIMARS and give them basing rights in Guam. While Malaysia's armed forces facing budgetary constraints. Yet US only provides token assistance to Malaysia such as donating maritime surveillance radar and MPAs. Just because Malaysia in the past adopted a principled neutral stance and refuse to support illegal US war in Iraq, Israeli genocide in Gaza and condemn Russian war in Ukraine.

Ironically, Singapore are nothing but a Chinese bitch. Just another Chinese province. Don't agree? Just look at who in charge of Singapore Armed Forces.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.