[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715202880245.png (995 KB, 1080x1923)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
>One of the Marine Corps’ newest suicide drones was unveiled at the SOF Week special operations conference in Tampa on Tuesday. Made by Teledyne FLIR Defense, Rogue 1 is a 10-pound, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) loitering munition with interchangeable warheads that can be recalled and recovered if an attack isn't issued or one is aborted.
>Teledyne FlLIR Defense said it will deliver an initial order of 127 Rogue 1s to the Marines later this summer for testing and evaluation. The initial delivery order is valued at $12 million, or about $94,000 per drone.
How many FPV drones could be bought + an RPG warhead instead of a single "Rogue 1" drone?: https://www.twz.com/air/rogue-1-is-one-of-the-marine-corps-newest-kamikaze-drone
>>
this will ultimately be the biggest reason the military industrial complex will fail.

the US military could build a million FPV drones and strap grenades to it for the same cost as 2000 of these dumb injection molded factory built piles of shit.
>>
>>61589299
Seething third worlder detected.
>>
>>61589330
In fact, he's true.
>>
>>61589299
I predict there will be a countermeasure or system of countermeasures that will render off the shelf drones less usable or unusable, and then the idea of loitering and cheap munitions will have to give way to expensive counter-countermeasures. The same way airplanes went from wooden and canvas expandable scout aircraft to what they are today, wanted capabilities and new countermeasures will put pressure on the system until you have a much more capable yet more expensive system.
>>
File: 4323564356.png (12 KB, 810x142)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
you do the math
>>
>>61589275
>$94,000 per drone
hahahahaha the US is fucking done
>>
>>61589275
>94 thousand per kamikaze drone
That's a scam
>>
>>61589374
Flyaway cost of the drone is probably way less, that price includes civilian training teams, technical experts and support staff, as well as warranty to replace parts.
>>
>>61589359
i dont think so
when you understand that the electronics can be switched out and updated just as much as EW systems

the only real system that can stop this weapon is autocannons with airburst shells. and those will be few and far between for some time to come.

Not just that , the speed at which defense systems will need to be able to detect , range , and fire on these fast (200mph) drones will be astronomical.
>>
>>61589275
Lmao Iran’s big one that can kill tanks is like $40,000 isn’t it? What a joke. But as they say, you go out how you came in
>>
>>61589275
>suicide drones
Why are they called this? What separates it from any other guided munition to warrant the title?
>>
>>61589275
If this thing can operate in an EW saturated environment, then the cost isn't necessarily too bad. FPVs in Ukraine are slowly losing their effectiveness due to the ubiquity of EW countermeasures. A drone that can resist these countermeasures would be extremely valuable. Ideally the US would field a high/low mix of drones, with plenty of cheap ones for tasks that don't require the most expensive tool available, but the DoD sadly doesn't work that way.
>>
>>61589396
Dude we are talking about a fucking FPV drone here, stop fucking coping. Drone + warhead + controller + transmitter + goggles + PC app for training shouldn't cost the same as four new Toyota Corollas a piece. This is a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>61589404
Propeller
>>
charge a billion each idc I dont have an income to pay taxes but that name is heinous lmao
>>
>>61589421
Even with that it's just a chip and components on a board that separates a normal FPV from a EW capable drone. Not more than $50.
>>
>>61589421
Nigga even ew resistant drones cost like 15k dollars. That's a an actual robbery. And if unitedstatians had trully civil society there would've been protests on the streets
>>
>>61589423
You don’t understand anon, the cost of the heckin valid Russian destroying non negotiable gay anal sex super technology is actually appropriate, it can kill six million Russians and will be driven by Vladimir Zelenskyy himself. With just one small $12 million dollar acquisition, we can save democracy
>>
>>61589448
*resistant
>>
>>61589275
>turdies FINALLY get one single percieved """advantage"""" over let ebul wect(drone bombing)
>within a year westernerners start rolling out drone zapper lasers, hammers and microwave beams plus proliferating fused SHORAD platforms
>now they come up with a superior suicide drone too
Man, they really are getting cucked. What do they even have left now?
>>
>>61589275
>94k per drone
Honestly, I'm surprised its not more

Anyways
INB4 a team of Marines accidentally blow themselves up with a FPV suicide drone while trying to look up their own buttholes
>>
>>61589462
And none of that bullshit will get adopted in meaningful numbers because it's too fucking expensive to fit in the budget and they'll only always field a couple testing units in a program before they decide that it's not worth the cost and look for the next one. All those laser programs have been a fucking farce.
>>
>>61589494
The US is was fielding three battalions of their new SHORAD strykers two years ago already and are ready to deploy the laser version and the euros are already adopting the skyranger
>m-muh cost!!!1!!!!
that's one off the turdie cope list checked off
>>
>>61589462
Switchblades were already way better than Mavics on paper, yet in real conditions they were completely outclassed by cheap chinese shit. Tgat's just the meta of drone warfare.
>>
>>61589404
the only difference between suicide drones and cruise missiles is unit cost
>>
>>61589532
And? the FPV threat with $500 drones is a fucking squad level threat. If there is not an initiative to fit a SHORAD on every single front line vehicle down to Humvees then it's not even 10% of a realistic solution. Sure your command might be fine but your units are getting mulched.
>>
>>61589536
>completely outclassed

They weren't outclassed, we just saw next to nothing of switchblade footage, and they didn't send that many in the first place.
All these drone videos hide the fact that the actual attrition rate for drones is hideously high and what we do see is survivorship bias.
>>
File: 1709422651347428.png (49 KB, 203x209)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>61589275
>$94,000 per drone.
>>
>>61589571
>getting mulched

In a stalemated trench war like Ukraine, yeah.

If you think that these situations would happen nearly as often in a war involving western powers then you're delusional.
>>
File: 1715120301618360.gif (2.91 MB, 500x376)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
>>61589584
>3/4 drones are lost to EW
>$400,000 for a single hit on target
>a Javelin missile is $176,000
>>
>>61589275
A single Ukrainian grunt at the frontline is getting paid $2000 a month right now. I don't know in what world an expendable drone worth this much is going to justify its price. At least Javelins and RPGs can take out high value targets. At this point it's probably better to send money rather than shit like Switchblade and this
>>
>>61589579
>they didn't send that many in the first place
How many did they send in USD figures? How many $500 drones would that have been? perhaps "many"
>hideously high
Hence why the Ukrainian initiative to build a million drones or whatever
>>
>>61589599
When are you going to fucking understand that cost isn't an issue to the US
>>
>>61589599
>75% of shitty build-your-own amazon quadcopters are lost to EW
In contrast, this abomination is engineered to operate in GPS denied electronic warfare environments. The engineers are probably even white.
>>
>>61589617
>killing people who are surrendering
Russians aren't people though
>>
>>61589592
Have you not been looking at the WEBM's? Any unit out in the open, such as in a mobile war, fucking die. If you do not have overhead cover you are dead.
Drones are NOT a result of the trench warfare, the trench warfare is a result of the drones.
>>
>>61589631
Dont forget

>instantly swappable warhead
>superior range and loiter time
>retrievable
>can be used as a regular scout drone
>autonomous operation
>>
>>61589599
>program costs=actual cost
You were one of those m Facebook sports screeching about the F-35 being a trillion dollars each, weren't you?
>>
>>61589275
>does the same job as any FPV
>bulkier and weighs more, payload isn't any better
>isn't more powerful, doesn't have 10x the range, does not suck your dick
There is absolutely no grounds to justify this, it represents a strictly doctrinally backwards approach to drone use.
We've been planning for years for the next war to fucking darken the skies with drones to the point that people would be forced underground. That sounds a bit more harrowing to me than coming in with six gold plated drones that the rank and file aren't allowed to touch.
>>
>>61589640
No, the trenches are a result of neither side being able to achieve critical mass to punch through the enemy line, compounded by chronic lack of fuel/ammunition.
If the US entered this war tomorrow every russian unit above platoon size would get a JDAM up it's ass before the first American boot touched Ukrainian soil.
You also act as if the burgers didn't spend the last 20 years figuring out how to jam all sorts of signals to stop IEDs or that they didn't learn anything from this war.
>>
>>61589615
We're pretending the budget and procurement contracts don't exist?

>>61589631
>GPS denied
Wow. You are aware that none of these FPV drones are dependent on GPS, right? You're repeating a marketing phrase that's an inherent quality in the type of product they're selling.

>>61589645
>program costs
It's a fucking suicide drone, anon. Mark up a wooden pencil at $100 a pop and yeah, you get your program costs.
>>
>>61589642
>>instantly swappable warhead
Who the fuck cares, you can just as easily tape any bomb on a normal FPV
>>superior range and loiter time
10km is quite equivalent to the ones in Ukraine
>>retrievable
As retrievable as any other, besides who the fuck cares if a cheap drone is retrievable?
>>can be used as a regular scout drone
Then just make a scout drone and you can at least try to justify the cost..
>>autonomous operation
Oh like on any modern premium chink drone you can buy from Walmart?
>>
>>61589654
>make a gazillion drones
>enemy stays 3km
>wtf how did we lose??
Insane how drones completely revived the same retarded arguments reformers used to make
>>
>>61589668
Russia is not a peer enemy.
>>
>>61589670
Oh God, you're one of those
>SOVIETS USED PENCILS INSTEAD OF FANCY PENS!!
retards too.. grim.
>>
>>61589670
>no u
Unlike an analog FPV drone this thing can navigate on its own, do ATR, and still has an encrypted LPI datalink. It doesn't take a trained pilot who subsequently gets cockblocked by jammers. Any soldier can use it and trust it'll kill the target.
>>
>>61589685
Yes that's exactly my point.
>>
File: turd_world_issues.png (621 KB, 1437x1221)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>61589354
>remember the switchblade?
A smashing success limited by low production numbers.
>i dont
shame about your brain damage and/or skin tone
>neither does the military
see prior comment about your head injury and melanin levels
>>
>>61589687
Nice deflection, asshole. No need to start insulting people just because you were wrong.
>>
>>61589678
>enemy stays 3km
FPV drones are already fucking squad level assets, you telling me you're going to get the entire enemy infantry force to pinky swear not to come within 3km because you'll shit your pants, maybe cry a little? THEY'RE GOING TO SWARM YOU, DUMBASS
>>
>>61589698
Then you shouldn't be talking about how a western army goes against a peer enemy.
>>
>>61589714
I said you're retarded, and you proved me right. You could have proved me wrong, and displayed how you understand the difference between flyaway cost and program cost, but you decided not to.
>>
>>61589723
>I will always be close to the enemy
>beyond line of sight combat is simply a pipe dream
Get back in your hole, Sprey
>>
File: 1694339226143775.jpg (78 KB, 473x1024)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>61589275
>prototypes cost more than mass production
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW COULD THIS BE HAPPENING IM GOING INSANE SAVE ME PIERE
>>
>>61589748
The moment you suggested the project cost of a fifth gen stealth fighter to be comparable to that of a 3D-printable quadcopter, I knew there was no point in engaging you with reason.
>>
File: turd_world_issues2.png (56 KB, 957x334)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>61589743
few orders for unproven tech, my dear brown clown
After BUK breaking here-and-there it seems to have graduated to being a known good, and proceeding to bigger DoD contracts under the Replicator program.
Cry more.
>>
>>61589723
also, following up my own post
>>61589678
The reformers are retarded because a) their solutions waste personnel that would otherwise be used on better platforms and b) their solutions don't actually offer cost benefit returne compared to a tech heavy solution. This is not true of this thing compared to a 500 dollar hobby job with mostly off the shelf parts. There is just no massive tech moat between them comparable to the differences between having and lacking radar, stealth, etc.
>>
>>61589760
Maybe they should have used off the shelf parts then...
>>
>>61589757
>the enemy will never close with me because my side has boutique gold plated super drones
>except I have to fucking call one in and I don't get priority because there's one user per fucking company
>wow I'm glad we didn't take the existence of these as a squad level asset seriously, what's that buzzing sou
>>
File: 1714963186386126.jpg (325 KB, 512x512)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>61589771
>he still can't read
Holy fuck, theres no way...
>>
>>61589275
What makes it worth 94k? Is the camera thing really worth 93k?
>>
>>61589811
>my squad level drone is better then yours
>why? Well because mines cheaper and has range and payload, Sar
You didn't even read the article. You seen your nation's net worth for the program cost and your ESL brain tuned everything else out.
>>
>>61589826
>You didn't even read the article.
Stop viral marketing on /k/.
>>
>>61589738
Then what's the point of winging about how these drones are useless?

They aren't going to be used in a vacuum
>>
>>61589275
Bruh WWIII's going to be so boring. Its just going to be everyone trying to blow each other up with stupid drones. It should have gone hot in the 60's-80's
>>
File: 1686226223925691.webm (1.93 MB, 852x480)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB WEBM
>>61589836
Wait till you figure out war has been about everyone trying to blow each other up with stupid artillery for over a century now.
>>
>>61589615
>When are you going to fucking understand that cost isn't an issue to the US
This is why you can no longer afford basic necessities while losing to goat herders with AKs.
>>
>>61589829
>nooo don't discuss weapons on the weapons board
You're free to leave. But we know your boss will dock your pay
>>
>>61589826
You don't do anything but repeat SAR SAR SAR SAR but you exposed yourself as ESL in the other thread already. Go back to your call center. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn't want the US to fall behind by falling for a meme and overpaying 100x what is necessary and thus overlooking what the actual function of these drones will be on the battlefield moving forward.
>>
>>61589843
Ah so now it's the "Afghanistan" cope
NEXT
>>
>>61589299
Eventually the MIC will catch on to robotics assisted injection molding and electronics assembly/soldering for competitively priced US based production.
>>
>>61589854
"Discuss weapons"
Ah, yes
>You didn't even read the article. You seen your nation's net worth for the program cost and your ESL brain tuned everything else out.
This is totally /k/ and not /int/ or /pol/.
>>
>>61589836
War's been a variation of trying to blow the other guy up while not getting blown up yourself for a while now. Like, a long while.
>>
>>61589821
Extremely costly American labour, no economy of scale + just corruption in the American MIC in general. Average American will consider any design or factory work for less than $5000 a month beneath him, meanwhile Chinese will do the same for $800-1000 + they already dominate the market and produce huge amount of drones, thus driving down the costs for established models
>>
>>61589811
>I don't get priority

Yeah, and I simply call in the readily available artillery strike or bombing run because my country is competent enough to establish air superiority
>>
>>61589863
>>61589842
Yeah but at least then you had to have someone willing to get dirty setting up and loading howitzers and risking getting hurt but now you're getting drone striked by some limp wristed troon on the other side of the planet.
>>
>>61589855
>how does everyone know I'm brown??
>Surely it's only 1 person
>I can't possibly be giving myself away
Meds
>>
>>61589871
Do you dronefags think that because drones exist, all other artillery systems just fade from existence?
>>
>>61589861
>/k/ LOVES us Sars so very much
This is sad..
>>
>>61589885
This doesn't seem like capitalism, this seems like a government funded scam completely devoid of a free market.
>>
File: 1708463511844765.webm (3.68 MB, 1920x1080)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB WEBM
>>61589871
Artillery is still the prime cause of casualties, in Ukraine too.
It's simply the most cost-effective means of blowing up the guys over there, without getting shot by them in return.
>>
>>61589871
It's the same gay shit, what difference does it make if you're getting blown up by artillery or by an FPV drone?
>oh but at least with arty the other guy gets EEEEE!
who cares.
Only difference I can see is the fact that your death might be posted online with whimsical music added in post, if you die in a funny enough way.
>>
>>61589299
fpbp
>>
File: Meds.jpg (372 KB, 1080x814)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>61589890
>I keep getting called brown by a single anon!
>>
>>61589870
You aren't even baiting the hook at this point, but I will reiterate for whoever might be honest and on your side. We, the US, have been concerned about the threat of ubiquitous drones for years now, to the point of developing doctrine around the idea that the surface could literally be made UNINHABITABLE. So no, this cavalier flippant attitude of "well it's okay if we suck at it" doesn't actually work or represent the American stance, and it shouldn't. Artillery and CAS cannot prevent you from getting one tapped by some cyberpunk in a hedge two miles over.
>>
>>61589915
It's nice to see you learned your lesson.
>>
>>61589944
No, we're fine without you, actually.
>>
>>61589935
>It's all the same person!
>the hacker known as 4chan plots against me
It's kind of cute, ngl
>>
>>61589842
that rws looks like CGI
>>
>>61589960
Awwww
>>
>>61589899
Artillery will be king for a ridiculously long time
These 90 thousand dollar drones will be used for SpecOps only
And drones will be used mainly to make ISTAR and artillery acquisition more efficient
>>
>>61589896
Private companies scamming the taxpayer is peak capitalism
>>
File: 1711989711388917.jpg (72 KB, 625x835)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>61589931
How will the guy hiding in the hedge use his drone if he gets killed by a bigger predator drone first?
You have to remember that the drone situation only exists in Ukraine because both sides can't into air supremacy.
Current US meta is to spend 6 months bombing everything to shit and then roll in the troops to mop up afterwards.
>Oh no, 3 US soldiers got killed in a drone attack
Yeah, and 30 insurgents got killed in an airstrike. It's that insurgent lives are worthless so nobody says anything.
>>
>>61589931
>made UNINHABITABLE
How?
>le bajillion millions of drones
Drones which need an operator, drones which need to be made, bought, modified, transported to the front and then used by trained men, where do you get a million dudes to pilot a swarm of a million drones?

How does having our own drones fix this issue better than just jamming them, backtracing the signal to the operator and atomising him with a JDAM form the f15 that's loitering above you?
>>
>>61589401
>when you understand that the electronics can be switched out and updated just as much as EW systems
Has it not occurred to you that systems that are resistant to EW and jamming will be significantly more expensive and harder to procure than systems that aren't?
>>
>>61589971
Given that it's government spending, that's communism.
>>
>>61589973
>How will the guy hiding in the hedge use his drone if he gets killed by a bigger predator drone first?
Retards like you must all be zoomers, because the rest of us have seen this tech in play and it's not a fucking instant kill fieid. Yesterday's haj with a cellphone trigger IED is no different than tomorrow's drone user except that the latter is more potent and easier to set up.
>>
File: 1711492736074967m.jpg (80 KB, 1024x1013)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>61589401
Anon, you do understand that there already exists current close in air defenses systems designed to shoot down cruise missiles that travel much faster than drones right?
>>
>>61589842
This is fucking science fiction.
The piece is on the move before the round can fucking impact.
Good luck everybody else.
>>
File: 1710146663516483.jpg (48 KB, 640x640)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>61589991
And tell me how many hajis died per every American soldier killed
The fact that we're taking 1:10 loss ratios and demanding that it be 1:20 or 1:100 instead just because the army needs to do better is not the win for the drone enthusiast hajis squatting in a bush
>>
>>61589991
I sincerely doubt you can concentrate on flying a drone while bombs and artillery are accurately hitting your position
>>
>>61589401
>when you understand that the electronics can be switched out and updated just as much as EW systems
They can't, though. This kind of arms race will ramp up performance requirements faster than miniaturization can keep up with. You'll need a bigger drone with more space for more hardened electronics to keep up with EW systems on plattforms that can be a lot more profligate with space and weight than your "cheap" FPV drone.
>>
>>61589403
>that can kill tanks
You mean mildly annoy tanks. Short reminder that Lancet still has 0 observed actual kills against MBTs.

>is like $40k
And yet the Russians somehow paid in excess of $300k per unit LMAO.

Also, if the US spends ten times as much as the opponent to kill them, that's a total US victory. Sucks being poor, eh, thirdie?
>>
>>61589448
Utterly wrong. You have less than zero clue what you're talking of. Shut the fuck up before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself.
>>
>>61589981
>How?
I didn't advise them, I don't know. I'm using that to point out that the US does in fact consider drone proliferation as a plausible threat so spamming that it's some kind of brownoid opinion is nonsense deflection.
>How does having our own drones fix this issue
Walk and chew bubblegum retard. You don't counter rifles by festooning everyone with armor, you have to also have guns, preferably more than the other guy.
>>
>>61589352
>he's true
Tell us more, Rajesh
>>
>>61589738
The only peer enemy to a western army is another western army. Except for the US, they have no peer enemy.
>>
>>61590016
>And tell me how many hajis died per every American soldier killed
What does it matter retard? A better scorecard doesn't make you less dead.
>>61590019
>I sincerely doubt you can concentrate on flying a drone while bombs and artillery are accurately hitting your position
Because that will 100% always be the case.
>>
>>61589494
Nigga wat. The DoD has been fielding EW portable assets for the past two decades. Didn't you ever wonder why IED reports dropped after 08?
>>
>>61589448
A gtx 980 from 10 years ago costs $50 now while a rtx 4080 costs $500. The raw material cost for both is just sand and copper and can be measured in the tens of cents.
Furthermore, the software drivers for both cost tens of millions of dollars to develop.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
File: 1711334759143569m.jpg (84 KB, 768x1024)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>61590070
You might be dead, but it's not about you. The individual soldier is not expected to survive on the battlefield. That's just how wars work.
A better question to ask is whether having drones would help you win the overall war any better than not having them. And if the enemy has f15s and you don't, then the answer is no both ways.
>>
>>61590088
Your existence justifies the collective suffering of zoomers as a species.
>>
>>61590070
And I'm sure that there will also always be a drone available 100% of the time too retard.

Don't you understand that these things are just another tool to be used and not some end-all be all superweapon, they can be and are countered regularly by armies with significantly less resources that what the US has
>>
File: package.png (351 KB, 900x600)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>61589275
It's cute
>>
>>61590070
>a single death in a warzone means all that better gear is pointless.
Its so weird how 3rd worlders see White people as literal gods, and that no cost is too high to kill just 1
>>
File: 1713692867800291m.jpg (18 KB, 653x1024)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>61590094
>ad hominum
If you have an argument then say it
>>
>>61590097
>And I'm sure that there will also always be a drone available 100% of the time too retard.
Not at all relevant to the point. You want to push the idea that artillery and CAS are some kind of ur counter to drones and it's without merit independently of any confounding factors.

That said, yes, there will be a point in the future where it will be necessary to assume that any functioning enemy asset of any size will have immediately available drone support.
>Don't you understand that these things are just another tool to be used and not some end-all be all superweapon, they can be and are countered regularly by armies with significantly less resources that what the US has
We are only seeing the first glimpses of this particular strand of drone warfare in Ukraine and it isn't so much that either side has a counter as they are an endemic part of the conflict. That will continue to be the case. I don't consider them a super weapon but I do consider them of consequence on par with the personal firearm.
>>
>>61590105
Haji's death is of no consequence to you, himself, or anyone else. The point is not 'why have all this stuff" it's "there is no k:d ratio that would be satisfactory here, so bringing it up makes no sense".
>>
>>61590135
>We are only seeing the first glimpses of this particular strand of drone warfare in Ukraine
Ukraine isn't a first. We saw drone droppers in the ISIS years of Iraq.
>>
>>61590145
>if our enemies kill us, we win
Grand winning strategy, anon.
>>
>>61589821
>>61589868
once you get the design down, can't you just build these in automated assembly lines with almost no workers?
>>
File: 1709730680566937.jpg (420 KB, 756x756)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>61590135
>You want to push the idea that artillery and CAS are some kind of ur counter to drones
CAS quite literally beats drones by virtue of being able to touch the drone operate while the drone operator can't touch the CAS
Say you have the current drone filled environment in Ukraine, but you sub either side with the US with all their airpower instead. The war would be over in 48 hours because after 48 hours there won't even be an enemy army left regardless of whether they have drones or not.
You're hyper focusing on the wrong question.
The goal isn't to kill a single enemy soldier in a 1v1 duel with your rifle and then repeat that 1 million times.
The goal is to wipe out enemy c2 infrastructure from the top down, and then drop a jdam on anything that moves with your 1000 fleet of f16s
>>
>>61590153
Pretty sure we haven't seen FPV drones used the way they are in Ukraine before. And that is a novel capacity, they are faster and deadlier in return for disposability which ultimately doesn't matter that much as droppers don't make it back that often either.
>>
>>61590135
Yes it very much is relevant when artillery can CAS are both longer ranged and capable of bringing down a lot more hurt on you than a niggerrigged VOG.

In fact, the biggest threat to drone operators today isn't another drone but counterbattery after their link gets tracked back to them by ELINT
guess which country and it's allies has the best ELINT in the world
>>
>>61590174
>CAS quite literally beats drones by virtue of being able to touch the drone operate while the drone operator can't touch the CAS
You are working off of the assumption of complete omnipotence, omnipresence and immediacy. CAS does not have these things, not even close.
>>
>>61590189
Yes I think FPV drones are new for thirdies. They're far superior to droppers for hitting moving targets. But the general concept isn't new. Switchblades are American tech even older than dropper drones. They were fielded circa 2010 and their concept hardware dated back to a cannon fired scout drone from the 1990s.
>>
>>61590135
Second point of contention
If the guys in the video had a drone with them, would it have helped them at all?
Honestly, you would be better off spamming why doesn't everyone just buy attack helicopters instead.
https://youtu.be/egfVEz3Udmw?si=8wnfo0Z8LgA-sCCe
>>
>>61590199
neither do drones
>>
>>61590199
>CAS doesn't have ESM
You've got the classic thirdie problem of assuming the Western meta is 20 years behind where it actually is.
>>
>>61589299
>bro you could have a million dumb chinks rush into a meat grinder instead of ten thousand well trained soldiers
>>
>>61590211
Squaddie with a drone is a lot closer, a lot faster, with more relevant information.
>>
File: 1706092653362957m.jpg (85 KB, 1024x640)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>61590199
>CAS does not have these things, not even close.
Then you have to ask yourself the question of why.
Why not just double the defense budget then and buy 2x CAS? Or maybe 3x?
Or maybe you're just poor.
>>
>>61589275
You just have to give it to the chinks, they know how to mass produce cheap drones and the US MIC will never be able to compete in that segment. They should focus on AI powered ones that are immune to jamming and have all sorts of special features, but stop trying to act like you can beat DJI in their market.
>>
>>61590204
Switchblade didn't represent a novel capacity for the same reason this thing will never be relevant, limited production.
>>
>>61590222
It doesn't apply to us in the US, much less anyone else. If the US budget doesn't do something, it's not practical.
>>
>>61589396
Don’t bother, just let them laugh or seethe. They’re too ignorant to ever get it.
>>
>>61590199
The only reason why you think this is because you're looking at everyone else besides the US. And they are too, which is why thirdies are using drones.
If you just so happen to be the US though, there's no limit to CAS
See gulf war for examples
>>
>>61590217
Not if you have actually competent communications and artillery, and is basically the same as a mortar section.
You still haven't answered how are drone operators supposed to work against a force which can easily sniff them out and strike them quickly and accurately far outside the reach of drones
>>
>>61590227
>Switchblade didn't represent a novel capacity
My old office wall had a printout of a hadji making the basedface look at a Switchblade in 2015. Your opinion is worthless to me. And him lol.
>>
>>61590237
>If the US budget doesn't do something, it's not practical
When exactly was the last time the US ran out of CAS?
And I don't mean oh the politicians are afraid that they'll lose the election so they intentionally gimp the troops sitting around in the sandbox, but rather in a full out war (remember, current 3% defense spending is peacetime spending, cold war was at least 5% and a real war would likely see 10% spending)
>>
>>61589899
FPV drones ALREADY produce more casualties than artillery in Ukraine...
>>
Artillery with drone spotters is a hundred times more potent than FPVs, arguing otherwise is insane.
>>
>>61590246
>See gulf war for examples
See the entire GWOT as a counter example. Is CAS abundant? Yes. Is it omnipresent? No. Is it all knowing? FUUCK no. BRRTTT could be coming for you or the enemy, just bunker down and pray. Is it immediate? Mother fucker it's not in your goddamn pocket so no.
>>
>>61590266
No they don't lmfao
>>
>>61590155
>even if our enemies kill us, we win
Worked in Afghanistan. Worked in Vietnam. Working well with Houthis. Time proven and tested.
>>
>>61590278
>Afghanistan
Irrelevant shithole
>Vietnam
Best bros with the US
>Houthis
More irrelevant goat botherers
NEXT
>>
>>61590275
Yes they do lmfao
https://foreignpolicy.com/2024/04/09/drones-russia-tanks-ukraine-war-fpv-artillery/
>>
>>61590268
I'm not sure that GWOT is a good example for you to use.
It was more a political failure than a military one.
If CAS couldn't solve GWOT by brute forcing the problem, then I'm not sure what drones could do in that situation. Especially since you just mentioned ieds a few posts up being most of the casualties.
Drones would have lost GWOT as badly as CAS.
>>
>>61590290
>irrelevant
Yeah doubling or even tripling shipping costs by sea is irrelevant haha
>>
>>61590313
Oh no, I have to pay $10 for my made in China plastic instead of $5 now. How will I ever live.
Meanwhile, the Houthis is still squatting in his mud hut thinking he's won because his cousin just got killed in an airstrike
>>
>>61590301
>Drones would have lost GWOT as badly as CAS
The problem is that this bifurcated into separate discussions at some point. This is my argument against anons using CAS as a justification for not considering drones a threat, not an argument for more drones per say. That is a separate discussion with separate points.

Or in other words, drones may not have won it, but drones on the other side would have made it much worse, a fact which seems obvious but through tortured logic people have convinced themselves cannot be the case because "we just kill them all immediately EZ"
>>
>>61590313
>Making trade between Europe and China will destroy America, 2 more weeks
lol
>>
>>61590331
Oh, I see. My apologies then.
And yeah, the ideal solution would be to leverage the advantages of both, but this is the 4chins so trying to have a proper conversation here is next to impossible.
>>
>>61590298
Not indicated anywhere in the article. Stop lying.
>>
>>61590298
Your link just proves me right retard
>>
>>61589642
The swappable warhead + retrievable part is big.
Not much stopping this thing from being army aviation except unmanned and piloted/maintained by >E4 MAFIA.
Standard procedure probably becomes dedicated platform attached to back of humvee, launch, fire projectile, retrieve, reload & recharge, rinse and repeat
>>
File: lasers.jpg (119 KB, 856x492)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>61589401
>capable of shooting down drones from 1-5 miles out
>$10 a shot
>>
>>61590393
As if that thing would be 1-5mi from the front
>>
>>61590393
>NATO Vaporwave
So why is it not being sent to Ukraine yet?
>>
>>61590331
>drones on the other side would have made it much worse
How?
ISIS tried this. It didn't work, ergo it's wrong. The entire MIddle East IED ecology switched away from wireless to manually controlled wired bombs because of American jammers.
>>
>>61589404
Some drones observe, some drop grenades and some blow themselves up.
>>
>>61590437
What are they going to do, shoot it with a missile? It can shoot those down too. Hit it with artillery? It can even take out artillery shells. Also it's not like it's just going to be sitting there by itself, there's this thing called combined arms.

Plus they are getting smaller and more powerful as the tech gets better.
>>
>>61590451
probably because they are still in development and don't know their full capabilities yet. Current systems are 60kw but can be scaled up to 120kw. They are even testing them on c130s.
>>
>>61590479
The one I posted was boeing but the lockheed one is a lot more powerful. Apparently they can be small enough to be put on f35s too.
>>
>>61590453
Yeah it's not like ISIS still uses drones wait they do well they're not a thorn in anyone's side wait they're a plague on much of the ME and north africa
>>
94 thousand dollars per drone, Jesus Christ. For this price, this fucking thing better be immune to any form of jamming.
>>
wire-guided drones when?
>>
>>61590504
I highly doubt anything it would ever be used against would even be worth $94,000, the primary advantage of these cuckcopters is that they're supposed to be cheap as shit
>>
>>61589986
Due to the fact that this was posted on an overwhelmingly amerimutt board I cant tell if it's satire or genuine mental retardation.
>>
>>61590504
I've seen apaches use hellfires to take out single taliban soldiers and those cost 120k each.
>>
>>61590537
>the free market is when the government takes all your money and gives it to itself
>>
>>61589275
How much does a SINGCARS-quality SDR cost?
>>
>>61590521
>wire-guided drones when?
See here: >>61590164
>>
File: IMG_0038.jpg (202 KB, 719x900)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>61589275
STAR WARS SUCKS!
Watch Grown Up Science Fiction like Star Trek or Star Gate
>>
>>61590491
>plague in ME and North Africa
So all the places that are world renowned for having a village militia share an AK
>>
>>61590278
So your defense strategy is to die? I'm all for it desu, so long as you go first
>>
>>61589579
That's the whole fucking point retard, Ukraine can shit out 100000 drones for the 500 one we shit out and by sheer numbers alone they are more effective. Longbow vs the musket
>>
>>61590596
Star Trek is retarded
>>
>>61589299
Staying COTS in a military context is stupid because it leaves critical parts of the supply chain exposed and in civillian hands.
COTS is fine if you need something fast or are desperate, but once a capability is identified and understood its time to develop a specialised military use version with an integrated supply chain, even if you end up paying a premium for it.
>>
>>61590267
If you can get the response time down, this is a fair argument. The US is stockpiling massive amounts of PGKs, and has so far declined to send any of them to Ukraine. If the Army only had an autoloader with MRSI capability, one howitzer could drop a half-dozen or more rounds onto a target area--spread out so that they have barely-overlapping lethal zones--with a time-on-target attack for less than the cost of a single ATGM. Bring back skeet rounds, and you can take out tanks rather quickly, too.
>>
>>61590541
personally I don't think sending our country into an apocalyptic debt spiral just to kill a few camel fuckers was an intelligent trade off
>>
>>61589677
>you can just as easily tape any bomb on a normal FPV
No anon, you cannot
Relying on off the shelf drones significantly limits payload options compared to a purpose built alternative
>>
>>61589981
>where do you get a million dudes to pilot a swarm of a million drones?
Can't speak for the thordies but our plan is to have million drone swarm piloted by no-one, just programmed with basic commands like "FIND ENEMY" and "KILL"
>>
>>61590854
that sounds good on paper, but in reality diversity and inclusion mandates by the federal government would require that they're programmed by street shitting indian migrants that would end up targeting bathroom stalls instead
>>
>>61590313
Yeah, sure would suck to be a country whose economy is based around exporting low value high volume freight like small plastic doodads right now lmao
>>
>>61590437
Its a truck with a laser anon, not exactly rare or expensive tech.
There no reason why these things wouldn't get as close to the front as they need to
>>
File: 3trilliondollars.webm (2.93 MB, 720x1280)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>100k per drone
it's all graft and corruption. The more you cope the faster the decline.

picrel. 1.5 trillion dollars that could've been spent on education,
>>
>>61590504
Don't the process thirdies claim fool you, drones are expensive
A single shahed drone costs more than a hellfire missile, despite being far less accurate and carrying a much smaller warhead
>>
>>61589404
The drone became trans
>>
Where does OSINT fall in the realm of novel innovations that have changed the battlefield? A hundred thousand soldiers (citizens) assisting on the internet is a huge boon to the military intelligence community.
>>
>>61589632
cope
>>
>>61590933
>Its a truck with a laser anon, not exactly rare or expensive tech.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/07/lockheed-secures-221m-army-deal-for-high-powered-air-defense-laser-prototype/
>Lockheed secures $221M Army deal for high-powered air defense laser prototype
>This effort will provide up to four complete HEL weapon systems
>>
>>61589615
Are you dumb? They're taking YOUR money and giving it to some asshole senator's cousin's bank account while making zero difference in actual battles
>>
>>61591129
remi ma?
>>
>>61589359
No, no, no. You don't understand, anon. Shitty quad copters are literally uncounterable.
>>
>>61589423
Now make it to where it wont get countered by EWAR.
>>
>>61589299
>You could load your gun with $2-a-pop 9mm self-defense rounds that will work 99.999% of the time
>OR you could use $0.08 big bucket o' .corroded 22LRs that have a 20% chance of being duds.
>hurr durr I'll take the 25 times more ammo, kek. I am very smart.
>>
File: rema.png (583 KB, 756x506)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
>>61591144
not my cup of tea, but you do you.
>>
>>61589401
Show me a cheap COTS quadcopter that has swappable EW-resistant electronics.
>>
>>61589299
NASA's $8 gorillion space probes should use Chinesium screws because they're cheaper.
>>
>>61591198
It's nore like senators taking your money to buy Raytheon brand 22lr ammo at $10,000 a pop that also have an 80% chance od failure.
>>
>>61589494
>it's too fucking expensive to fit in the budget
The US makes up 25% of the world's GDP. I think we'll be fine.
>>
>>61591299
how much of that is production and how much is government eating its lunch using your wealth?
>>
>>61589275
>$94,000
Fucking how?!
>>
>>61591317
100%
Its called gross domestic PRODUCT for a reason
>>
>>61591322
you fail to see the entire picture, when the government pays for its own lunch using your wealth, that counts towards GDP though the spending came from your your wealth through decreasing purchasing power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
>>
>>61589677
>Then just make a scout drone and you can at least try to justify the cost..
Stop pretending that you wouldn't instantly switch to
>The scout drones costs $x and it can't even carry a grenade?!?!?!?!
>>
>>61591321
Gubmint fuckery
>>
>>61589878
Yes. Yes they do.
>>
>>61589878
>Do you dronefags think that because drones exist, all other artillery systems just fade from existence?
at the latest when they start loading machine guns mounted on the drones with self-guiding ammunition
>>
>>61590810
>the faux-populist take
Your type always pretend they care about 'real' peer wars, yet being prepared for those is more expensive than battling hadjis.
>>
>>61591329
this, the whole thing is just broken window economics: MiC edition, you're destroying the entire economy when you print infinite money to buy worthless goods from yourself
>>
>>61591394
I think firing everyone who actually won Afghanistan to replace them with brown transvestites who lost Afghanistan already destroyed our military perparedness
>>
File: Nord_SS.10.png (874 KB, 1318x944)
874 KB
874 KB PNG
>>61590521
>>
>>61591403
>who lost Afghanistan
hold on now
>The Last Centurion is a memoir of one possible future, a world that is a darkling mirror of our own.
>DEDICATION:
>To everyone who has ever felt they were looking out over Hadrian's Wall while Rome crumbled behind them.

the author is an ex-paratrooper with a biology degree and in this 2008 published book of his he tells a story which main plot points include a pandemic spreading out from China in 2019 as well as the protagonist properly destroying an equipment depot hes in charge of on pullout from middle-east to prevent weapons from falling into enemy hands
the book is reportedly inspired by SARS outbreak, official name of covid is SARS-CoV-2
>>
>>61590939
I knew if I scrolled far enough, someone would be seething about the F-35
>>
>>61591426
>I don't want to have Alzheimers at 40! Besides, most flu vaccines don't even work!
>>
>>61591431
You should be seething about the F-35
>>
>>61591448
I dunno. Do you have any articles from 2014 that might convince me?
>>
>>61591467
Why 2014? It's universally recognized the program turned out to be a $1,500,000,000,000 failure.
>>
>>61591231
https://youtu.be/hYWie96j3aQ?si=2MAzKHsEIbaa4T4S
>>
File: 1715229760605.webm (3.18 MB, 854x480)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB WEBM
>>61589275
>$94,000 per drone
The DJI Agras T50 comes with AESA radars and it only costs $13k LMAO!: https://youtu.be/G8gjm2HALEM?si=VnunqXDOTEWXS2cJ
>>
>>61591477
That's true that's why there's no demand or even a production line for it unlike the su57, su75, and the pak41. Oh wait...
>>
>>61591820
"quick look over there" is not a convincing defense of the F-35 program.
>>
>>61591835
Yeah, it definitely has no orders and probably doesn't even have more than 5 models flying around.
>>
>>61591477
For a failure, it's selling remarkably well.
>>
>>61591477
>universally recognized
Over 1000 F-35s have been produced to date and Lockmart is still filling orders for more of them in other countries.
Cope and seethe, retard.
>>
>>61591843
https://youtube.com/shorts/sf3R61ksp_Y?si=4WNglCL5ixCy0yuN
>>
>>61591889
Well, if @Millenium7HistoryTech says so, it must be true.
>>
>>61590384
The US military makes this mistake constantly. Making really tough over built equipment that costs $6 gorillion each works really well when you’re in a PR war trying to reduce casualties to keep a massively unpopular war going. Doesn’t work in a real conflict. Figures that the dumb ass retards in Washington would copy the one bad part about the Wehrmacht’s fighting style after shunning all of it from mission oriented command and orders to the STG for 100 years. And you couldn’t top the cake off with a better cherry than the Sig rifle. Total meme military
>>
>>61590479
Maybe they should be testing solutions to getting my balls off their forehead. I charge $94,000 per removal
>>
File: precision_arty.webm (2.31 MB, 1280x720)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB WEBM
>>61591235
because the one thing we all think when we think about American made munitions is "80% chance of failure", right?
>>
>>61591889
You got me. I as boss of Pentagon under Shiva and trad white man Putin will now cancel all f35 orders but fortunately, no one ordered even one unit since its a universally recognized failure.
>>
>>61591911
>Precision Carpet Bombing
What a time to be alive.
>>
File: IMG_0197.png (138 KB, 410x302)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>61590877
>>
>>61591426
>the book is reportedly inspired by SARS outbreak, official name of covid is SARS-CoV-2
>woah, the events of this earlier coronavirus outbreak look eerily similar to the events of a much larger and more recent coronavirus outbreak, only on a smaller scale
I hate the plague rats so much bros
>>
>>61590877
So you're saying, it'll cause a civil war between toilet hating turdies and toilet worshipping non-using turdies? Sounds nice
>>
>>61591911
Yes, that's why you're posting outdated footage from before you made everything gay and retarded.
>>
>>61591921
Look at the guys face at the end
Thirdies unironically do not understand what they are up against until they see it with their own eyes, that's why they talk so much shit
>>
File: 1699057603356462.webm (2.16 MB, 640x360)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB WEBM
>>61591901
Not when you have something called EW, a functioning first world military, training, tactics, and funding. Those shit drones didn't work for Hamas against the jews because they have great Western supplied or supported EW gear training and funding. They're barely working in Ukraine. If either side wasn't third world tier in terms of military funding, gear, tactics, training, and mostly for Russia corruption, they wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>61591939
Wasn't that from like, 2012 or something?
>>
>>61591198
>doesn’t know the phrase “quantity has a quality all its own”

Absolute shill level giga cope.
>>
>>61591929
you don't see it when you don't read it, or listen to audiobook version, whatever
>>
File: 1696197517120159.webm (2.24 MB, 1280x720)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
>>61591939
What does this retarded gibberish even mean, you inbred mongoloid?
>>
File: 1714249074947084.jpg (522 KB, 3600x2400)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
>>61591939
haha yeah the modern day US military never demonstrates capabilities totally beyond those of its main rivals, what a ridiculous idea
>>
>>61591911
Dude I actually know people from the military, the cliche is true. The first thing they’ll tell you is that military equipment sucks. 25 years ago at the peak of American global military strength on paper and influence and mobile artillery units required 24/7 maintenance cycles and broke constantly.
>>
>>61591957
>can't understand basic english
>calls others retarded
sad, report to sgt tyrona for pronoun drills
>>
>>61591929
did you remember to get your 9th recommended covid booster?
>>
File: 1713654598598492.gif (345 KB, 1280x720)
345 KB
345 KB GIF
>>61591969
>t.
>>
>>61591941
I’m reminded of the story of a panzer commander who out maneuvered, outfought, out gunned, and out killed lines and lines of Sherman’s until he eventually ran out of ammo and surrendered.
>>
>>61591939
I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>61591981
well of course, I'm american, the real question is why you're obsessed with slavs
>>
>>61591983
>Things That Happened: A Memoir by Sturmbannfuhrer Y. Losingwasntmyfault
>>
File: 1713701103375700.png (436 KB, 1546x1634)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>>61591978
Did you, Dmitri?
>>61591983
Is this WWII or is it 2023?
>>
>>61591978
they only recommended 2 booster shots in my country, got the last one in 2022
I'm still waiting to turn into a zombie or become magnetic or whatever
>>
>>61591994
Of course not, I like my blood being clot free
>>
>>61591991
>a post by Noseberg Shekelstien: why you should buy my $6,000,000 drone that costs $33 to make
>>
>>61591990
>I'm american
Proof? Why not just save us time and go back to leftypol, tankie troon. YWNBAW.
>>
>>61591987
I think he's one of those retards that swallowed the "The US military is full of trannies and has become useless" propaganda. So now he's trying to insist older footage is irrelevant.
>>
>>61591997
Weren't we supposed to be killed by deer or something?
>>
>>61592004
Trannies are disgusting and must all be killed without exception.
>>
>>61592008
>I think he's one of those retards that swallowed the "The US military is full of trannies and has become useless" propaganda
You forgot the part where it's the US military constantly putting out propaganda showing that they're full of useless trannies.
>>
File: 1713752642080534.png (236 KB, 1007x647)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>61592006
What the fuck does that have to do with a drone? Holy shit, take your retarded ass away. You're about a subtle as a fucking sledgehammer, and have the trolling skills of a 13-year-old that just found 4Chinz and is going to do some le ebin trollin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>61592021
>full of
Where does it do that? Showing token trannoids isn't the same as being full of trannoids, my autistic black and white retarded shillfren.
>>
>>61592025
>NONONO STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW I FELL FOR THE LAST RETARDED [CURRENT THING] AND HOP ON BOARD THE NEW [CURRENT THING]
don't forget to register your pistol brace with the ATF on your way to get boosted, you fucking faggot lmao
>>
He's reduced to shotgun sperging. Sad.
>>
>>61592029
>it's happening but uhhhhhhh
I accept your concession, maybe stop using the armed forces to promote trannyism in the future and there's a chance people will eventually forget about it.
>>
YWNBAM
>>
File: FvQfsR0aIAAoyCp.jpg (300 KB, 2048x1402)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>61589275
Too expensive. Make it out of thermoformed polyethylene with some garolite ribbing and get back to me. Hell, maybe just injection mold the whole thing out of polyethylene, three parts tops
>>
>>61592040
What am I looking at here?
>>
I remember a time when gay people were the boogeymen that /k/ was fearful of.
how times have changed.
>>
>>61592033
How many more parrot talking points can you hit? Kikes, CCP Virus, MIC corrupt what's next? Polly want a cracker, good boy!?
>>
>>61592044
if derringers were made by disposable onahole manufacturers. This one also includes a cigarette lighter.
>>
File: 1689879490904554.webm (3.45 MB, 480x852)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB WEBM
>>61592038
Who gives a fuck if there's a token trannoid? What does that have to do with a fucking drone?
>>
>>61592006
they recommend more if you are older or have risk factors, my 80 year old grandmother is on 4 or 5 for example
>>
>>61592040
I mean, a suicide drone should be as much munition as possible for as little control hardware and structure as allowable. They should gradually look more and more like warheads with propellers stuck on.
>>
>>61592056
>WHO EVEN CARES??!!
everyone, evidently, given the lack of recruits since you turned the military into the designsted dilation station
>>
>>61592056
So true anon, trannies are based
>>
>>61592059
Fortunately that shape also works very well for high speed flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w5apnkCZqo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pEqyr_uT-k
>>
>>61592063
There is never really a surplus of people lining up for the military anyway. Hell, during the Iraq/Afghanistan war after the initial boost from 9/11 they had to relax requirements in order to meet recruitment levels. China is having a hard time finding enough recruits smart enough to do more than work a plow right now, too. Is it because of the CCPs tranny push? Of course not/ It because we're not in a fucking hot war, nobody has directly attacked the US, and it's more profitable in a modern first world Western country to work in the civilian market. All of this would change under an actual war. Plus, it's because rednecks are waiting until Trump gets in office. They ain't takin no orders from Brandon, ya hear!?
>>
File: 1715233661052.jpg (193 KB, 750x1110)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>61591962
The CH-53 is nothing compared with the Mi-26.
>>
>>61592099
Actually they were all fired for refusing to get the clotshot, and there aren't enough trannies to replace them with.
>>
>>61589275
useful for GDP I guess, otherwise no
>>
>>61592128
I honestly don't give a shit. They signed the papers and during boot camp got a shitload of vaccines and shots. Now they have a problem with it? Come on, now. Seems like an easy way to get out, retire early, or set yourself up for a huge payday from the enviable lawsuits.
>>
>>61592249
>it's not happening and it's good that it did
okay, well now you don't have a military
>>
>>61592276
So the US military has 0 personnel since the rest died two years ago due to zombification?
>>
>What is economics of scale
How do you retards going HURRRR $94,000 not understand that they're produced in few numbers and have all the R&D baked into the price?
>>
>>61592335
correct, except half of them are dead due to trannyficiation, the other half ar dead due to "died suddenly", and military families no longer exist after being betrayed like that
>>
>>61592381
>let's just pretend military procurement works like a rational agent
lol, lmao. This thing will be forgotten long before price renegotiation.
>>
>>61590393
Make the laser thing just an interchangeable box so you can put it in any truck. Here i improved your design.
>>
>>61589299
Why build warships when your navy can be cheap fishing boats?
>>
>>61592385
Sweet, US military has ghost equipment shooting, firing, maintaining, flying, driving, floating, and travelling to other continents.
>>
>>61592589
>Liberty ships were a class of cargo ship built in the United States during World War II under the Emergency Shipbuilding Program. Although British in concept,[3] the design was adopted by the United States for its simple, low-cost construction. Mass-produced on an unprecedented scale, the Liberty ship came to symbolize U.S. wartime industrial output.[4]
>The class was developed to meet British orders for transports to replace ships that had been lost. Eighteen American shipyards built 2,710 Liberty ships between 1941 and 1945 (an average of three ships every two days),[5] easily the largest number of ships ever produced to a single design.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_ship
>>
>>61591161
>develop manportable antiradiation munitions/drones to destroy jammers
>send in cheap spammable drones to clean up the rest
$90k for a single suicide drone that doesn't really do much beyond a $300 FPV drone with a grenade strapped on is stupid
the point of these drones is that they're dirt cheap, simple and can be easily carried in the field, the US already has tons of sophisticated munitions.
>>
>>61589275
>94k per drone

LMAO
>>
>>61592021
The US military isnt full of trannies, its full of brown and black people
>>
>>61590214
>"Who needs millions of dumb artillery rounds when tens of thousands of GPS rounds can hit more accurately?"
>Year 3 of the war in Ukraine
>"More! We need more rounds! Fuck those 'high tech' rounds!"

Obviously this war has shoen that good enough is good enough and expensive high tech solutions come with their own major downsides.
>>
>>61592576
Palletized DEW are on the army's to-do list.
>>
>>61592716
>warship
Learn2read
>>
>>61590214
So why Ukraine needs to draft people and maintain an army of hundreds of thousands of soldiers instead of trainining 10 000 guys and sending them to capture Moscow? If it's so easy, why won't the US just drop 10 000 paratroopers and gg wp Russia in a single week?
>>
>>61593062
>McNamara's Retards
>>
>>61589899
>Artillery is still the prime cause of casua... ACK!
>>
>>61589421
Point is their war demonstrated value of great value low part of high-low robotics. Low end COTS solution cost pennies and they work. Defending again them is very hard even for peer enemies like Russia and these low end solutions have unprecedented cost/effective ratio. Soldiers and AFVs dont have inherit protection against drone (but ever solder and AFV cann destroy other soldier and AFV in direct combat)

Western MIC lacks low end solutions. Do you need high end? Yes. Experience from Ukraine: Russia uses EW protected vehicles to create EW protection "bubble" and Ukrainians blow up them with more expensive and complex AI controlled drones that can approach to EW protected vehicles. But when these EW platforms are destroyed area is swarmed with cheapest FPV drones.

Also these high-low mix solution is not anything new. Guns were the same: ATACMS-Himars-155mm-120mm-25mm-5.56mm. You don't plan shooting every target with ATACMS, yes its super good but you would run out of money trying to hit every soldier with that. This why there are cheapo low end guns and they outnumber high performance guns by orders of magnitude. And with drones Western MIC completely lacks "25mm-5.56mm" drones bracket while there is silent revolution in warfare happening with COTS solution developed by civilians industry that alreayd exist and cots pennies without MIC monopoly overhead.
>>
>>61593087
The logistics for dumping thousands of shells a day would be extremely difficult against an enemy with air superiority
>>
fpv pilot here
these seem like a complete meme when you look at how far along ukranian ai is
the ai brains is cheap as fuck too (same chip as a phone)
>>
>>61589821
currency conversion is a bitch.
>>
>>61589868
The Chinese do not fucking innovate, look at their shitty Boston Dynamics clone they stole the tech data for in 2010 from a tech expo versus the shit we are doing in America. You get what you pay for and the US dominates in designing complex devices. There's a reason why Designed in California was stuck on a lot of Apple products when Apple was huge.
>>
>>61593420
Unfortunately, the Chinese have "all the shit we are doing in America" because they own Biden. They aren't capable of innovation, but they don't need to be, since they just steal all your shit for free.
>>
>>61593394
>>61593394
You may not have air superiority even you have superior airforce.
There already was lesson from Korea when do political reason USAF couldn't move past border and couldn't destroy commie air bases . As result MiG fighters treat remain forever.
But in Korea they dint have SAMs and MIG threat was mild.

Today very long SAMs exist and you can run into situation when long range SAMs are providing "umbrella" over battlefield you cant remove, becsaue of the political implications striking Russian or Chinese mainland.

P.S. And besides US Israel, euro countries for don't posses Air Force strong enough to have major impact on the battlefield.

P.P.S also don't forget proxy wars. Liek in Ukraine, relevance on the air superiority failed NATO support. Without Air Superiority they lack critical capabilities. Like during counter offensive Ukrainian Leopard-2 tanks were defenseless against Russian helicopters ATGM long range spam.
>just send F-16 to deal with the... ACK!
>>
>>61593436
Biden doesn't own the American private industry, he's a corrupt retard who whores out his seat but he can't force Boston Dynamics to hand over tech data.
>>
File: djaamz.jpg (340 KB, 1913x841)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>61593420
>The Chinese do not fucking innova... ACK!
>>
>>61593457
Am I supposed to be impressed with this jammable light useless piece of shit that can't integrate with Infantry ARG systems?
>>
>>61593457
dji is dogshit bro
get a holystone if you really want a crappy camera drone
>>
>>61593457
The fact that you can get one overnight to your place casually is more impressive than chinks adopting innovations from the West or Korea and putting it into consumer products.
>>
File: 6436435.jpg (60 KB, 602x853)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>61593470
You are not gonna jam it when it hovers above enemy positions and spies with its x28 zoom camera. You just have to accept that now high above enemy positions there are always such eyes that are looking at you and you cant escape and your tactics are now outdated.

And America absolutely have no analogues to replace that in case China decides to fuck you.
>>
>>61593486
Its not doing much spying at 34 minutes battery life and its not going to integrate with the chink's nonexistant ARG systems, meanwhile the US has a rifle that overpens armor China can't even afford to mass issue its troops and is working on a system that allows infantry to interact more directly with fire support systems. At best this shitty drone is only useful for third world shitholes that can't afford missiles.
>>
>>61590073
IED incidents dropped in the latter half of 2008 because the surge ended, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>61593489
>Its not doing much spying at 34 minutes battery life
You buy 5 and launch then in rotation. They cost pennies, here is when quantity becomes its quality.

>and its not going to integrate with the chink's nonexistant ARG systems,
Duuuude? Did you saw Ukrainian battalions HQs they revealed in their videos? They have cyberpunk setups filled with screens (consumers TVs bought for pennies too) where command can see video feed of battlefield from such chink drones in real time.
>>
>>61593489
you can do battery swaps bro
this works even better with shit like IVAS
>>
why not just go the slaughterbot route?
big drones with only one payload are dumb
>>
>>61593518
You need better precision. Its not easy done. But its possible and surely we will see such things made by Chinks and Iranians as next steps. (they are not bounded by morals about killer AI like West)
>>
>>61593349
>vehicle losses
>casualties
Bitch tourist.
>>
>>61593420
Where are the US made quadcopter drones that can compete with Chinese made DJI drones in both features and price? Who did they steal the tech from?:>>61591816
>>
>>61593452
He can, actually, because the CCP has access to all information that the federal government does.
>>
>>61593704
You talk like a fucking child.
>>
>>61593514
>How to get counterbarraged by a predator
Do turdies SERIOUSLY think the US doesnt have drones of their own that are integrated to accurate weapons? Do turdies SERIOUSLY think the US doesn't have 2 decades of asymmetrical warfare dealing with garbage like this?
>>
>>61593513
See
>>61593719
Holy shit you goddamn tribals are gooning mad hard over WW1 but with drones when the US can do SEAD.
>>
>>61593712
Is there any part you're denying?
>>
>>61593729
Im not arguing with nuh uh invisible force field tier garbage. Go get yourself a juicebox.
>>
>>61593732
So you're just projecting.
>>
>>61590101
I found out why it costs so damn much
>>
>>61593719
>US doesnt have drones of their own that are integrated to accurate weapons?
Not enough. Low level systems are lacking. Today every platoon should have recon section with DJI 3 pro like recon drones.
Every company strike drone platoon with drop nade drones and FPV kamikaze likes.
In mechanized infantry/armor every platoon should have recon/strike drone section.
>>
>>61590461
>shoot it with a missile? It can shoot those down too
It cant
>Hit it with artillery? It can even take out artillery shells
It cant
It can barely handle mortar shells.
>>
>>61591198
The cheap drones are the $0.5/round normal ammo and this $100 000 piece of shit is some $20/round grifter bullshit. The war in Ukraine isn't being fought with 22lr wake the fuck up.
>>
>>61591333
Are you retarded? Yes you are. Scout drones are always more expensive because they are big, have long range, high quality optics, and long loiter time. $94,000 for a western observation/recon drone would be a good price.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>61589275
Typical US military spending

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.