[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just had a "negligent" discharge at home and I just feel the need to talk about it
I put negligent into quotes because it was straight weird retardness that led to the discharge, not negligence, so story time

At home after dinner, wife is tending to the kids downstairs
Realize I haven't checked on my nightstand pistol for awhile, get it, unload it properly
Point at wall, dryfire it for a bit
Look at the ammo I ejected beforehand, notice the bullet has been pushed a bit into the casing
Wonder if it will still chamber properly, but it back into magazine, insert magazine, rack the slide
And then, probably due to muscle memory due to dryfiring just moments ago, complete braindead moment, I immediately pull the trigger after racking, bang, ringing sound, hole in the wall.
Complete oh fuck moment, wife wasn't too pissed, was relieved I didn't hurt myself or shot a window. I'm usually very safe with guns, always double check them etc...I don't know how to cope with doing something so retarded that could have ended horribly. Does something similar happened to some of you ? The ego hit is horrible, it's gonna be a while before I manipulate my guns with confidence again
>>
>>61597039
its something all gun owners go through, don't worry
i've had plenty over the years
>>
>>61597039
This is literally how mine happened lmao. Confidence in dry firing leads to NDs. You have to be in full presence of mind to make damn sure it's unloaded, in my case I went into autopilot like you and blasted my wall. Luckily wasn't pointed at the neighbor's apartment or anything, patched it and didn't get caught because it wasn't too noticeable from outside.
>>
File: 1714963462823137.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>61597039
>straight weird retardness that led to the discharge, not negligence,
Same thing. You were blatantly negligent in your handling, both treating your firearm as if it were unloaded, and aiming it at something you didn't specifically want destroyed. All you had to do was follow the safe rules of firearms handling, but you didn't.
(You) ignored the only rules that can guarantee the safety of your people. (You) solely, are responsible for this.
>>
File: 1660527793575797.png (774 KB, 958x700)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
>>61597039
>it was straight weird retardness that led to the discharge, not negligence
>>
>Not negligence
>Chambered a round and pulled the trigger

Pick one.
>>
>>61597082
>>61597088
>>61597131
Fair enough I guess, but my point is that it's worse than negligence. I willingly loaded the gun and for some reason I automatically pulled the trigger instead of putting the safety back on and putting it back in the nightstand like I planned to
>>
>>61597154
That is literally what negligence is.
Your nervous system gets so used to repeating these actions that you end up doing them regardless of if you should or not.
That's precisely why you should ALWAYS follow the rules of gun safety, no matter what. It's the only way to ensure that when your brain does an oopsie and forgets you just chambered a round, you won't fire it, or at the very least won't fire it at anything you don't want to be shot.
>>
>Store my guns loaded because I'm not a retard that has to guess whether his gun is loaded
>House burns down
>Gunsafe was on an outer wall, got hot enough to discolor most of the plastics and warp some thinner bits but not enough to damage any of the metal or wood
>Safe has a dozen holes in it from ammo cooking off, both handguns are completely destroyed
Was it negligence?
>>
>>61597186
Yes. You should store your guns unloaded and check the chamber every time you get your hands on a firearm, so there's no
>I'm not a retard that has to guess whether his gun is loaded
>>
File: 1703366258199346.png (258 KB, 449x478)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>61597154
>my point is that it's worse than negligence
>I willingly loaded the gun and [...] pulled the trigger
My guy, what kind of argument are you trying to make here?

I'm glad no one was hurt, but please make sure to practice safety at all times so that it becomes automatic
I wouldn't load a "weird round" to check unless I was at a range
>>
>>61597249
Actually, I wouldn't load a weird round at all
>>
>>61597202
>You should store your guns unloaded
Why would I store my guns without ammo? Are you that much of an idiot that you can't keep your finger off the trigger?
>>
>>61597265
>Why would I store my guns without ammo?
For one, because the mag spring's constant compression will keep it from functioning properly and lead to failures to feed until you unload and reload the mag.
>>
>>61597202
Which rule of firearm safety am I violating by storing my weapons loaded?
>>
>>61597249
>My guy, what kind of argument are you trying to make here?
I don't know, I'm still really pissed at myself hours later
>I wouldn't load a "weird round" to check unless I was at a range
Yeah, I didn't realize but you just made me, that was the first mistake, what the fuck was I thinking ?
>>
>>61597285
>the mag spring's constant compression will keep it from functioning properly and lead to failures to feed until you unload and reload the mag
This is thoroughly disproven boomer bullshit. Springs only wear out from being cycled, not from static compression.
>>
File: 090516-F-3188G-007.jpg (497 KB, 2400x1607)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
play with firearm, boolet go bang egs dee,
>>
>>61597330
Did you even read the post?
Your mag will 100% have failures to feed if you keep it loaded for a long enough time. But it'll work just fine once you unload and reload it. It's not "worn out," as you claimed. It's just a temporary problem that's rectified by just letting the spring decompress. Exactly as I wrote in that post.
>>
>>61597449
This sounds like the sort of shit your granpappy told you when you were just a little shit and you never bothered to question it. I've been storing my magazines loaded for 20 years and never once had a problem that was rectified by unloading and reloading the magazine.
>>
>>61597285
>>61597449
fuddlore. There is no difference between keeping a magazine loaded for a while, or keeping it loaded for a while, then unloading and reloading it.
What a bunch of horseshit.
>>
They've happened a few times

First time
>At friends apartment at college. Just bought my first pistol from a gun show (I was 18)
>Drinking with friends
>Show them my new Jericho
>Try to manually decock
>Thumb slips on hammer, ND into celling
>Upstairs neighbors too high and drunk (underage and illegal drugs) to call the police.

Second time
>At range
>Showing friend pistol
>Think gun is unloaded
>Point at ground show him how to wrack and pull the trigger.
>Forgot loaded mag in
>Shoot between his feet

Third time
>At parents house.
>Just bought a sig from a guy
>Get home
>Try swapping slides with another sig I had
>Forgot the other sig slide was chambered.
>Pull trigger
>Shoot parents wall

Fourth time
>At my new house
>Playing with a friend's 5.56 AK
>Release bolt
Slam fires round into ground

Fifth time
>Showing a friend how to use it
>No idea how but a round got chambered
>Show him how the trigger works,
>Pull trigger
>Shoots round into floor in the same place as before

Sixth time
>Thought maybe the house was haunted
>Grab a sig
>Physically clear it, (racked the slide 3 times) with no magazine in
> pull trigger at the same hole
>Round goes off

Seventh time
>Friend brings over a used Glock wants me to look over it
>I grab it and pull the trigger without clearing it
>Didn't even realize the thing was loaded.

Eighth time
>Friend brings over his transferable Mac 10
>I had no idea how open bolt guns worked.
>He's showing it off to me
>I put a loaded mag it and decided to try and release the bolt (I thought it shot from a closed bolt)
>Pulled the trigger for some reason
>Shot 3 rounds into my wall
>>
>>61597459
>I've been storing my magazines loaded for 20 years
How long between firing or reloading? What specific mags?

>>61597465
It's anti-fuddlore. The actual fuddlore is that your spring gets worn out by keeping your mag loaded. The reality is that the failures to feed resulting from keeping the spring compressed for a long enough time are ameliorated just by reloading the magazine, i.e. letting the spring decompress before being recompressed.
>>
I've owned guns for 20 years and I fuck with them pretty much every day and never had an ND, what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>61597487
>The reality is that the failures to feed resulting from keeping the spring compressed for a long enough time
This doesn't happen.
>ameliorated just by reloading the magazine, i.e. letting the spring decompress before being recompressed.
This does nothing.
>>
>>61597487
USGI, pmags, 92FS, Cz52, fucking Start BM factory mags, R700 and nugget internal mags, etc. Maybe you should actually try it before pretending to know about how magazine springs magically stop working if you don't cycle them often enough. Maybe all of your followers are so fucked that they get jammed sideways in the magazine, but I've never had that problem.
>>
File: 1450846640864.jpg (66 KB, 590x589)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>61597487
I can't believe the op that had a nd is the second dumbest on the thread.
>>
>>61597512
>This doesn't happen.
Feel free to try it out for yourself.

>>61597541
And for how long? Your failure to answer suggests you're probably running through them weekly.
>>
>>61597549
I go to the range maybe once a month and usually only bring one or two guns. I haven't shot the garbage rod in years and I just now pulled it out and ejected all 5 cartridges without a single problem.
>>
File: 1692480569870818.jpg (92 KB, 800x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>61597582
>I go to the range maybe once a month and usually only bring one or two guns.
And that's too short of a time for just about any and every mag out there. Maybe original M16 mags would have been that terrible.
> I haven't shot the garbage rod in years and I just now pulled it out and ejected all 5 cartridges without a single problem.
With a spring like this, do you think it's a fair equivalence to what you'll find in some more modern weapons?
>>
>>61597621
What I'm hearing is that I may or may not face issues if I leave my magazines loaded for literal decades without being used. I guess that's a risk I'll just have to take if I ever decide to never shoot my guns again. I doubt I'll care much about whether the gremlins eat my magazine springs in that case.
>>
>>61597667
It depends on your magazine. If you have non-descript "guns," you shouldn't store the mags for them loaded. If you have decent quality mags (by Western standards) you're probably not going to face feed issues unless you store them in adverse temperatures for awfully extended periods of time.
Though there have been threads on /k/ in the past with people having exactly these problems. Genuinely can't remember what firearms they were dealing with though.
>>
File: 1000001417.jpg (83 KB, 1000x1000)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>61597039
>>61597088
>>61597052
>>
>>61597039
>Does something similar happened to some of you ?
No.
>I don't know how to cope with doing something so retarded that could have ended horribly.
Unironically, better habits for starters: don't do gun practice stuff at home with your kids there (unless you have a concrete basement with concrete ceiling or something). Don't treat it casually. I don't. Wait until when they're not home, or go somewhere else yourself if you can. Always treat it formally, get to a specific area like a basement, know your backstop etc. If you have no safe place where a shot could go at home, then don't do it.

Still, lesson learned and no one was hurt which I'm glad for. I have never done a dumb gun thing but I HAVE (like, 25 years ago) done a stupid thing I've never forgotten in the car, that also by the grace of god left no one hurt but shook me. And it should shake us. Just internalize it, and you'll be better for the rest of your life. Remember the whole point of good habits is for when we AREN'T at the top of our games, when we're tired, distracted, maybe a bit drunk, or whatever. That's when muscle memory matters.
>>
>>61597265
>Why would I store my guns without ammo? Are you that much of an idiot that you can't keep your finger off the trigger?
Uh, in case of fire, you fucking retard? It's fine to have one or two actual home defense guns ready to go somewhere on their own. But for STORING guns you should never do it in the same container as ammo at all, let alone with ammo in the gun. Guns are actually quite heat resistant, even poly ones can handle a few hundred degrees and be fine. Wood won't start charring until over 400 degrees. Most fire safes are designed to keep contents below like 200-300-ish, not room temp. Only special paper document ones have a lower temp rating (for a specific time).

But ammo primers will start cooking off at a significantly lower temp. So it's perfectly possible to have your guns in a safe in a house fire, where the guns would have been totally A-OK, but the ammo started smouldering/burning and everything is ruined. And ammo cook off outside of a gun is totally safe, they don't go anywhere without a barrel. As you found ammo cook off inside a gun is not safe.

FWIW, if you have loaded guns in a burning house fire fighters in general will just refuse to go in and let the place burn beyond spraying in water from a distance. For obvious reasons, why the fuck would they risk their lives even more for shit like that?
>>
>>61597738
All my guns are home defense guns, fag.
>>
>>61597817
No they aren't you larping bitch. But sure whatever, enjoy losing them all unnecessarily in fire lol.
>>
>>61597039
>visiting cousin in his new house
>cousin just bought a VP9sk and shows it off to me
>drops mag, clears the chamber and hands it to me
>I check it out, it’s a neat gun
>dry fire it a few times to see the trigger pull
>hand it back to him
>I don’t notice that he rechambers the gun
>I forgot to pay attention to the sights, cousin hands it back to me and I finger fuck the gun some more
>at some point I realize there’s a loaded mag in the gun
>check chamber and yep, there’s a live round in there
>hand the gun back to cousin and silently shit my pants, if I decided to dry fire the gun I would’ve ND’d into his wall since I assumed it was still clear
I got very lucky and also learned a lesson with the best outcome.
>>
>>61597834
You have guns and don't use them? Or are you noguns? HMMMMMM?
>>
>>61597039
I was getting ready for dove season last year and went to clear my gun and had an nd. I have several shotguns but like my winchester 1300 since I don't give a fuck if it gets beat up. All my guns but 2 are in a safe and loaded at all times. I know this and when I went to clear my gun I pumped it three times. Third time I pulled the trigger and shot a hole in the ceiling of my garage with bird shot. As I was pulling the trigger my mind was like you fucking retard there is a bullet still in there. Wife and kids were asleep so I run upstairs to tell them I'm alright and all 3 were still sleeping. Shit happens man you and your family are ok thats all that matters. Learn from it and move on.
>>
Cringe forced meme
>>
>>61597848
I'm sorry about your poverty.
>>
>>61597738
>Uh, in case of fire, you fucking retard?
The simple solution would be to not burn your house down. It was only an issue for me when half the fucking country burned down a few years back. Storing your guns unloaded just because they might get damaged in a once-in-a-lifetime incident that's also more than likely to melt your guns to slag (I got lucky, I have neighbors who didn't even have foundations left afterward) seems silly.
>>
>>61597039
>I'm usually very safe with guns
>NDs with his entire family sitting right there
every retard thinks they're a genius
>>
>>61597039
I don't keep one in the chamber at home.
>>
>I deliberately loaded the gun and pulled the trigger, how could this have happened to me?
>>
>>61597905
>The simple solution would be to not burn your house down
lol. There are around 360000 house fires per year in the US. Most of the causes are things people don't have much control over, or in some cases any. It's not some lightning strike thing, and if you're worried about something on the improbability level of home invasion at all (which is the only reason to store ammo in guns) then fire should be way up there on your list too.

Honestly kinda blows my mind to see people spend all this time and money on guns because HOME INVASION SHTF fantasy stuff and then have fuck all on basic physical security including fires.
>that's also more than likely to melt your guns to slag
No, it's not if you have a decent firesafe. It's extremely preventable. That's the point.

Of course if you've only got like low 3-4 figures worth with zero special value then sure whatever, that's not worth any real effort on vs just insurance. But unlike real safes to stop burglars, merely having a few hours of protection against fire with a basic fire safe is a much lower ask and not expensive. The cheap shit sentries or whatever will work fine.
>>
>>61597154
Probably because you dry-fire it like a retard
>>
>>61598072
I bet I have more fire extinguishers in my house than you do guns.
>>
>>61597052
QRD?
>>
File: PXL_20240331_220505079.jpg (3.21 MB, 2268x4032)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
Had my first ND around a month ago
>Weekend trip in the sticks with my father on our little plot of land
>taking my first shots on my new bolt gun (CZ 600A, in .308)
>Had one of our neighbors, OLD ass boomer, but nice as hell to us, come up to shoot the shit
>turned around to greet him/shake his hand
>let a shot fly off to the distance on accident
Played it off but damn I felt like the dumbass I am
Thankfully it's a fuckton of floodplain in that direction, nothing to really damage, but I had the same reaction as 8 year old me fucking up a mirror with a bb gun
Picrel, was an enjoyable time outside of my ND
>>
>>61597474
>"Well, thats one for the safety video"
>>
had my first ND when i rented an Uzi. i turned my head to the side to tell my friend how to turn it to automatic when i put a round down range into the floor.

Thank god no one running the place saw me.
>>
>>61598128
I bet I've never had any of my guns burn and discharge in a fire lmao. Well done on losing everything :^)
>>
I wouldn't worry too much about what 2/3 of these dicks have to say, OP. Most of /k/ doesn't even own guns, let alone touch them. Just be careful, man.
>>
>>61598072
Housefires are every bit as preventable as NDs. What's not preventable as an individual citizen is a wildfire that incinerates an area the size of West Virginia. I came out better than most from having my property prepared (grass trimmed, 50 ft defensible space, nearby trees pruned of branches below 8 ft, etc), but there was no saving my house short of a fucking clearcut and counterburn.

>No, it's not if you have a decent firesafe. It's extremely preventable. That's the point.
I'm not sure you understand the kind of fire I'm talking about. I have neighbors who couldn't even find their house when they came back. Concrete foundations, a car in the garage, all reduced to dust and slag.
>>
>>61598227
>Housefires are every bit as preventable as NDs
They are not. There are tens of thousands of arsons alone per year. There's surprise shit like lithium ion batteries bursting into flame due to some manufacturing defect, back before that was a known risk. Mice can chew on wires without people knowing it.

If you're going to say that anyone can rebuild/find a house that's totally fireproof, well:
>What's not preventable as an individual citizen is a wildfire that incinerates an area the size of West Virginia
Then anyone can avoid that too, by not living in such an area, building underground, building a safe underground or whatever. If you're going to claim magic house fire prevention you don't get to whine about wildfires like certain areas aren't obviously, obviously prone to it.
>>
>>61598259
Fire suppression systems work great as long as you don't have power to your well disrupted by a 15,000,000 acre wildfire. Run your wire in conduit and you don't have to worry about rodents.
>>
>>61597039
Unless you wanted the gun to shoot or the gun shot on its own, it's a negligent discharge.
>>
>>61598279
>Fire suppression systems work great as long as you don't have power to your well disrupted by a 15,000,000 acre wildfire.
>not having your own power
git gud
>Run your wire in conduit and you don't have to worry about rodents.
Ie, "just rip apart all the walls and redo your house it's cheap and easy also that will defend against arson or any other cause of fire". And in that case anon you should have spent the equivalent amount of money and time on punching through your basement wall and doing an isolated fire vault 8-12' underground. I have a 9' backhoe on my tractor to get me started, why didn't you?
>>
>>61597738
>And ammo cook off outside of a gun is totally safe
No it isn't. And especially not when it's thousands of rounds in a single location as would be the case for most people. And firefighters aren't going to go near that, either. Or the "one or two home defense guns" that are somehow OK.
Keeping your guns unloaded specifically because of the potential of a house fire is extremely retarded.
>>
>>61597039
Don’t worry OP I’ll do you one better
>sitting in bed at 11PM
>fingerfucking FNX45 while watching friends on an iPad
>have a bad habit of pulling the trigger to take up the slack in double action
>ipad starts to fall
>reach to catch it, sympathetic squeeze
>BOOM
>smoke fucking EVERYWHERE
>panic
>wife is just “???”
>go searching for trajectory to see if I’m gonna have some real hard shit to explain tot the neighbor
>bullet went through 1in of doorframe and bounced off a hollow-core door
>still panicked, not thinking clearly
>hop on police scanner to see if cops got called
>after like 20 min I hear something about a gunshot
>call the cops on myself
>they show up looking bored
>take the bullet and shoot the shit with me for a while
>shamefully order spackle, wood filler, and paint on Amazon
I learned two things
1. Don’t be a fucking stupid negligent retard idiot
2. .45 JHP doesn’t penetrate SHIT and I will never use .45 for home defense
>>
happens anon, I honestly don't keep anything loaded except for my daily carry. Furthermore you have to have your full presence of mind and the safety rules ready
t. NDer who did so because I was on autopilot
>>
>>61598306
>>not having your own power
>git gud
I do, but solar doesn't work great like this. I'm not going to trust my life and my family's lives to a backup generator running for an indefinite period of time.

>>Ie, "just rip apart all the walls and redo your house it's cheap and easy also that will defend against arson or any other cause of fire".
lol, lmao.
>Someone else did his electrical
>Someone else probably did his plumbing
>Someone else almost certainly framed his house
Get a load of this fag. I bet you pay someone else to change the oil in your car, too.
>>
>>61598357
Least you got a good story and lesson out of it to share. Hope you didn't suffer to much on the ear either for it.
>2. .45 JHP doesn’t penetrate SHIT and I will never use .45 for home defense
Me neither but that's precisely why some people like it, they're worried about overpen. I'm not but I don't live in some tiny ass apartment either, my nearest neighbor is like 1/2 mile away, so not gonna judge. If I had 50 kids running around my stick and drywall building I'd think twice about what I use now too and probably switch to a shotgun with 00 or even frangible ammo or something.
>>
>>61598366
>I honestly don't keep anything loaded except for my daily carry
There's your problem. Always treat your guns like they're loaded because you know they always are.
>>
>>61598385
Doing shit yourself is only free if your time is worthless. I actually did design and frame my house myself fwiw, but any time I do work I don't pretend the hours don't count vs what I could be making per hour professionally. And you're now shifting goalposts as well, from what any of us individually can do to what most people should do as standard prevention. All while avoiding my question about you not doing a proper firevault.

Based on your picture though I guess you're a commiefornian and lived out in immolation land? Sucks to be you then but sympathy diminishes given you're true to california form on being an absolutely insufferable faggot who thinks your state experience is the entire country's.
>>
>>61598410
> Hope you didn't suffer to much on the ear either for it.
I already have tinnitus, so it didn’t do much to my hearing but wife never fucking lets me forget about it. Any time I have a gun around her she says some shit like “be careful while you’re out, there are doorframes everywhere”
My current thing is that I just use 5.56 and depend on the tumble to kill momentum after striking something. In my new place, the walls are slab concrete, so I could use fucking .45-70 if I really hated my hearing.
It was just surprising how through like an inch and a half of wood, it had full HP petal deployment, and it ended up with so little KE that it bounced off a shitty hollow core door. Federal Personal Defense HST
>>
I was drunk in my car racking and dry firing, reinserted magazine bc wanted to feel the weight of the full weight in my hands again, took a drink and smoked a cig and fucked around on phone for a bit, forgetting I reinserted slide I picked the pistol up again and racked it and shot going to dry fire and shot a hole through the door, mind you I wasn’t drinking and driving I was just applying armor all on the interior while chilling in the drive way, ears were ringing like a mfer and I immediately thought of the scene in sopranos I’ll link below for reference when Philly gets shot
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW3vipCS_Xk&pp=ygUpU29wcmFvbnMgY2FyIHNob290aW5nIHNjZW5lIHRlaW0gYnJvdGhlciA%3D
>>
>>61598465
Reinserted magazine* not slide
I’m fucked up rn to
>>
>>61597039
I had an ND once.

>At the range with my section
>Have minimi
>RI taking 60000 years to give orders to fire.
>legitimately says "Targets up shooters ready."
>"Fire- "
>I let a round fly.
>"CEASE FIRE, DID I FINISH MY FUCKING SENTENCE? GET THE FUCK OFF MY RANGE"
>Got charged with ND
>My excuse wasn’t good enough because I was impatient but honestly why was he just yelling the entire fucking time, wasting fucking time.

No there wasn’t any persons on the field of fire.
Was absolute bullshit.
Never again was I the first to ever fire at the range. Fuck RI's.

What is bullshit to is that at this time I had already been deployed to Afghan twice and seen my fair share of combat and still this shit happens.

Op keep your finger off the trigger until you are going to shoot shit.
>>
>>61597186
>>Safe has a dozen holes in it from ammo cooking off
>Was it negligence?
Yes.
Lawmakers are stupid fucking retards who can not be trusted to regulate firearm safety.
You should always consider yourself the first, and the last, line of defense between your firearms and the rest of existence.
If you have a gunsafe that can be penetrated by the ammunition it contains in the event of cook off, or one that can have an internal mass detonation lead to containment rupture, you've failed and also you're a stupid fucking retard who should not be allowed to own guns
>b-but muh freedoms!
randomly directed ballistic hazards and/or frag are a part of your freedoms and so you are responsible for their safe existence
>>
File: 1714225911754461.png (74 KB, 206x234)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>61598456
>be careful while you’re out, there are doorframes everywhere
>>
>>61598434
I'm not, but most of the pictures are from california since there's more people in california than the rest of the pnw.
>>
>>61598456
>I already have tinnitus
Ah, well shit, sorry about that anon. Though fwiw man are we suddenly in a wild decade of hearing related medical research. Like just saw this crazy shit a few hours ago:
>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/deaf-cure-girl-gene-therapy-b2541735.html
>Deaf girl is cured in world first gene therapy trial
By the end of the decade who knows maybe the EEEEEE will be licked.
>“be careful while you’re out, there are doorframes everywhere”
OK I fucking laughed. What a keeper.
>My current thing is that I just use 5.56 and depend on the tumble to kill momentum after striking something
Not gonna criticize on that I use a 308 battle rifle and 9mm lol.
>ended up with so little KE
45 hp not really known for sectional density and velocity. Could squeeze some more out of it with those high speed copper monolithics maybe if you really liked the guns, or else as you say just use 5.56 like a normal person.
>>
File: 13987489131.jpg (26 KB, 554x600)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>61598456
"Doorframes could be here" he thought. "I've never been in this neighborhood before. There could be doorframes anywhere." The cool wind felt good against his bare chest. "I HATE doorframes" he thought. Sweet iPads Are Starting To Fall reverberated his entire car, making it pulsate even as the $9 wine circulated through his powerful thick veins and washed away his (merited) fear of darkened doors after dark. "With a car, you can go anywhere you want" he said to himself, out loud.
>>
File: GDd9mV3bkAAUzou.jpg (105 KB, 970x546)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
LA Times had an article about the progressive gun club today. Turns out the instructor has had an nd. "It's a miracle I didn't kill my friend" He still doesn't know why it happened, "maybe a loose firing pin.""
>>
>>61598530
>A gunsafe needs STANAG level 4 protection so no one gets hurt if the temperature is at lethal levels for hours and hours
This is silly. A gunsafe is to prevent unauthorized access to firearms. Fancier ones can keep your valuables intact in case of a normal housefire or prevent more determined attackers from accessing them, but that's only important if you're worried about losing your valuables in a normal housefire or concerned about determined thieves stealing your guns. It's not a gunsafe's job to protect people nearby, and in the case of a cookoff it's very unlikely that there would be anyone alive nearby to endanger. I guess maybe if you live in the middle of town and you store your .50 bmg in a 20 gauge steel safe in the garage next to your stockpile of batteries and gasoline you could pose a risk to someone.
>>
Its well known that when you load a round into the chamber (especially repeatedly) it sets the slug deeper into the casing. There's no need to "check on it."
>>
>Negligent discharge
>I just feel the need to talk about it
My story. I went to lunch, saw this super hot 10/10 women wearing sexy clothes. All guys looking, but none approach. She walks out, I follow and make smooth approach, get phone number. Take her out to popular hilltop restaurant. Back a her place I was dry humping her getting ready for some real fun and 'bang' I had an unexpected discharge in my pants. I was young and, well, these things happen. Took my suit to the dry cleaners.
>>
>>61597039
were you drinking? were you hungry?
>>
>>61597449
Blatantly untrue, go get fucked
>>
>>61598226
Actually anons have been nicer than what I expected, I thought I'd be called (deservedly) a dumb retard much more when making this thread.
As most said, thank God nothing more serious than a bruised ego happened and I will be much more rigorous and careful from now on. I was convinced until then that this kind of stuff just happens to others
>>
If I had a ND I would feel so retarded that I may just kms myself, honestly I don’t know how you can feel you should own a gun after that.

The fire shit is concerning though. I keep my HD pistol and shotgun loaded and don’t want to have a fire result in buckshot fireworks.
>>
>>61599355
>were you drinking?
I had a drink before dinner but not enough to feel tipsy, I also didn't had a real good night prior and felt a bit tired but I don't feel it was enough to explain the autopilot mode
>>61599647
>f I had a ND I would feel so retarded that I may just kms myself, honestly I don’t know how you can feel you should own a gun after that

I felt/feel the same way, of course I'm not gonna KMS or give up my guns over it but I feel pretty terrible desu
>>
>>61597039
The closest thing to ND was me being at a range surprised by how light the trigger was. The gun was pointed in the general target direction but I was still just preparing to shoot.

I think about that day every now and then and cringe. Is it as bad as I make it out to be?
>>
>>61599827
>I think about that day every now and then and cringe. Is it as bad as I make it out to be?
It's not really bad since the gun was aimed down range
>>
>>61597039
>dryfire it for a bit
You repeatedly dry fired it? A lot of NDs are the result of needless finger fucking.
>>
>>61597202
You should store guns loaded or the chambers will go bad
>>
>>61600001
>You repeatedly dry fired it?
Yes, as I did hundred of times already
>>
>>61597039
Do mishandled hangfires count as an ND?
>at the range having fun
>first time out with my Mini-30 shootin some steel case slavshit
>pull trigger
>doesn't bang
>oh no
>range officer was nearby and instructs me to put the safety on
>wtf this safety won't go on
>safety is on the trigger guard
>range officer staring holes through me as I look like a retard fumbling with the safety
BANG
>round goes downrange but slapped a post
>finger was around the trigger guard and the rifle was on the table
>recoil partially field stripped the gun as my finger yanked the guard forward
>RO assumes I accidentally pulled the trigger while fucking with the safety
>get chewed out and sent home
>tfw while cleaning and reassembling my gun, remember/realize the safety can only be engaged while the gun is cocked
Should have just dropped the mag and waited longer desu, but I let the RO rush me.
>>
>>61600175
Why the hell did he told you to put the safety on ?
Here in my european country the procedure for a hangfire in a shooting range scenario is
>Keep gun pointed at targets for a few seconds (30secs is the official recommandation but nobody waits that long)
>Take out magazine
>Eject the chambered round
>Inspect for cause before resuming shooting
>>
>>61599642
You're a dumb retard who did dumb retard shit. But - you held up your hand and said "I'm a dumb retard" which counts for a lot as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>61597039
If you're still here OP, another thing you could do is get in the habit of only doing dryfire exercisers with snap caps/dummy cartridges. I do that anyway since some old guns don't like bare dryfire, and also laser cartridges are cheap and fun to practice with. But if you get in the habit of never using your real loaded mag and having dryfire practice be a whole separate thing with a bit of barrier to entry and requiring a clearly different dummy/cartridge be chambered that can avoid incidents like this as well.
>>
>>61600619
I'm still here, solid advice thanks
>>
File: liar.gif (32 KB, 220x299)
32 KB
32 KB GIF
>>61597039
No you didn't. This is yet ANOTHER larp thread. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>61600699
fwiw there are some neat cheap/free apps and shit that use laser cartridges, you aim your phone at some target and it'll report your shots. As well as just giving a little more feedback, also means you can do some dryfire exercises that are harder otherwise, like from your holster, or moving around. Of course no recoil and with most guns you'll need to manually reset each time, but still adds a little variety.
>>
>>61600705
I wish, why would I larp about this ?
>>
>>61598421
or, you know, just treat all guns like theyre loaded until you verify that they aren't. im surprised that's not one of the fundamental rules of firearm safety.
>>
>inna middle of nowhere on bureau land with best friend, shootin rifles
>load the Win94
>work the lever
>lever comes right down on my hand crushing my pointer finger into the trigger
>trigger does what it’s supposed to, rifle fires into the air
>index finger bleeding.
>fuck
>welp that’s why you never point gun where you don’t want hole, fuck you sky people
>>
>>61598157
I’ve always wanted to make a table out of one of those wire spools. Looks like you just gave me an even better idea
>>
>>61597621
I rotate my ammo every few months but I noticed I had a stack of 6 AR mags. 3 PMAGs, 3 metal GI mags. These mags had been loaded and sitting for at least over a year, probably longer. I took them to the range and ran through all 6 with zero malfunctions. The whole "don't leave your mags loaded" thing is bullshit and retarded because I've done the same thing with glock mags before. Also you're a fag.
>>
>>61601287
it's not the constant tension that's killing the springs, it's loading and emptying the mags
>>
>>61601353
Exactly. Mechanical wear and tear. Not compression. That was the point I was trying to emphasize.
>>
>>61597356
>pic
What is going on here?
>>
>>61601457
Clearing barrel. Everyone coming into a safe area after using live ammo is supposed to have a safe weapon, so after unloading and unchambering you dry fire into a receptacle to display that you or your gun isn't malfunctioning.
>>
>>61601457
>What is going on here?
After taking out the mag and ejecting the round, they still have to pull the trigger while pointing the gun in a safe direction, which is special can you see on pic.
I don't know why they don't simply do it toward a training target, maybe some milfag can explain better
>>
>>61597052
this.
my brother had an ND in the house.
i had one at the range.
no one was hurt, no damage to anything important.
neither of us have had one since due to it.
>>
>>61597474
the loose slide with a round chambered in it gets me every time.
>>
>>61597052
I've been handling guns for 30 years now and never once has a negligent discharge. What are you talking about?
>>
>>61600893
The problem, which you can see in any of these threads, is that people will clear their guns and then start fucking around with them and reload them and forget about it and go back to fucking around with them. If you train yourself to never fuck around with guns, you won't have that problem. But most (all?) people can't genuinely treat a gun they "know" is clear like it's actually a deadly weapon. By making sure it's never clear, you make sure you never treat it like it's anything but a weapon.
>>
>>61597202
If u cant remember which of your guns are loaded you're not handling them enough
>>
>>61597817
Now you won't have a home to defend when the ammo cooks off and firefighters let it burn
>>
>>61597039
I haven't ND'd yet (yes I know we all go through it, some over 30+ times) but this was a wakeup call. I've noticed myself getting more and more complacent, though I still press check and thumb the hammer and safety. Someday I'll fire a round through my PC screen while "dry-firing" but not today.

Complacency is the enemy.
>>
>>61598357
If you are dryfiring just clear the gun. Or use a snap cap in the chamber. If you kept the chamber loaded and still decided to play with it that's just foolish, and even when you weren't absent minded you didn't realize it.
>>
>>61597052
Just the pot heads.
>>
>>61597039
>"not negligence"
>fires gun inside house because of negligence
Fucking retard.
>>
"NDs are normal and everyone has them. They teach you to be more careful." -- Every copetard in this thread
>>
>>61600803
Same reason everyone else does.
>>
>>61597834
>>61598072

You own guns but not a fire extinguisher? what's the point of being smart enough to prepare for shitty situations like home break ins but not smart enough to own equipment that would prevent a full blown house fire, every time I come back to this board I'm just confirming it's full of turbo faggot late stage autists like yourself.

>hurr durr 360000 house fires a year
just fucking don't. how many break ins occur to people with no access to a loaded firearm? the whole idea of our little subset of culture is preparedness, we don't own guns solely because they're pretty little neat machines that make noise, you might, and if you do you're a faggot.
>>
>>61605773
>I never leave my home and rarely my basement
Hahaha, imagine coming right out and admitting that as a BRAG.
>>
PROTIP: if you own a gun over a year without negligent discharging at least once, you aren't handling it enough. NDs are a natural part of handling weapons, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and car accidents are part of driving. I ND several times a year because I actually HANDLE and know how to USE my weapons. It makes me a better firearms handler and marksman, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your finger on the trigger and pointing the gun wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the weapon. Taking time to check whether the gun is loaded whenever you pick one up will serve to make you hesitate in a personal defense scenario. You fucking safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this fucking "ND" shaming. Guns are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.
>>
>>61598357
Me and buddy go day drinking. Go back and fingerfuck like 20 guns in a row, clearing mag and chamber, get to 1911 I just got, didn’t notice flush fit mag.
“Check out the trigger on this man it’s so smoo-“
*BOOM
**45acp fmj goes through 2 drywalls, wooden cabinet, buries an inch into tile and concrete shower, 2 inches from bathroom window that goes to neighbors yard

***hold pose for 3 seconds stunned this happened, friend does too.

Thankfully it’s a Mexican neighborhood I live in so nobody said nothin’

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.