[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709009783945.jpg (208 KB, 1080x1080)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
I'm looking for a (cheap) pistol red dot for target and practical shooting on a CZ P-10 C. I'm torn between the Cyelee Wolf X Pro and the Holosun EPS since they're around the same price (~430€) and both are seemingly well regarded. For reference where I am an Acro P-2 is around 780€ and an RMR 2 is almost 1000€ and I'd rather buy ammo. Any /k/ommandos have experiences with either? Or other recommendations? Cowitness isn't a must but I'd rather it be duty rated.
>>
are older holosuns not available, like the 507k?
>>
>>61894795
Holosun has their own European site so yes. The 507C seems to be around the same price as the other two. I'm not considering K models since CCW isn't an option for me anyway and I'd rather have the more ubiquitous RMR mount + bigger window.
>>
>>61894932
if you don't might the added size, the 507comp is a fantastic pistol red dot.
>>
>>61894566
The gideon omega should be a contender, the prices have been unbelievably low hopefully they are similar in your area.
>>
Whenever I see anyone discussing GRIZZLE BURR defense it's always "9mm vs .45 vs 10mm", with someone interrupting with "use a 12g slug retard". But what about rifle rounds? If you don't mind a big handgun what about something like .300 blk? (Mostly because that's the main rifle boolet I can think of that is actually useful from a tiny barrel)
>>
EPS is better because its enclosed
>>
>>61895898
.300 BLK super sonic is nothing to sneeze at, very similar to 7.62x39 numbers. the subsonic rounds on paper are very similar to .45 ACP but with a different bullet shape, I am not versed on .300 blackout ballistics so I can’t tell you if it’s good or not.
>>
Anyone have the Williams 10/22 peep sight? I'm seeing mixed reviews. Some love it, other says it falls apart even if you loctite the screws. I dunno maaaaaaan
>>
>>61894566
lookup "holosun EPS battery life"

holosun quotes the EPS at 50,000 hours but it uses a CR1620 which is half the mAh as he CR1632's it uses in other optics it quotes at 50,000 hours....

needless to fucking say, no they did not make the EPS emitter use less power and then not update the old optics or something, they literally just lie

that is in addition to the plate which makes the eps sit the same tallness as the 507c making it a 507c but enclosed but without any solar or multi reticle system and with more failuire points because a plate and 4 screws, AND less battery life

lol I checked the price of the other optic and it's nowhere near the same it's like half the cost, but anyway you would be retarded to buy the eps for rmr
>>
>>61896323
The eps can direct mount to 407K footprints which is a modified shield footprint. When doing so it’s one of the lowest deck height optics on the market, while being enclosed.

>solar or multiple reticle system
They sell EPS optics with those features, they’re not necessary and a lot of people try the different reticles and then just settle on the dot. Might as well save money and not get the useless solar or reticles.
>>
File: 20231223_134737.jpg (548 KB, 1470x1960)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
EPS all day. Great optic.
>>
>>61896374
>The eps can direct mount to 407K footprints which is a modified shield footprint. When doing so it’s one of the lowest deck height optics on the market, while being enclosed.

yes with a non-OEM plate that costs $75, $25 more than the OEM RMSc plate because Holosun is too retarded to just make a more compatible optic

https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-p-10-optics-ready-red-dot-plates

OR you can use the included RMSc adapter plate and it makes it the same height as every other RMSc optic on the market with an additional shifting failure point between the optic and your mounting plate making fucking 2 mounting plates

can't really brag about deck height when they just shortened the recoil posts and called it a new footprint can you

>They sell EPS optics with those features, they’re not necessary and a lot of people try the different reticles and then just settle on the dot. Might as well save money and not get the useless solar or reticles.

as if enclosed isn't the most fucking useless feature of all while making it so many customers are cucked with a CR1620 getting 3-4 months battery life while Holosun quotes 50,000 hours

lmfao, keep getting cucked Holoshill, other brands don't even fucking need enclosed because they don't have a dirty ass sight picture that is hard as fuck to clean with a q-tip
>>
I have astigmatism (i know, i'm a fucking genetic disaster). I found out by looking through the following optics and seeing a starburst: romeo 5, romeo msr gen ii, aimpoint t2. A 1 moa dot looks more or less like a 4 moa dot with my tism.

But I still want a pistol red dot. What are fellow astigmatism freaks using on their pistols? I'm thinking holosun EPS.
>>
File: Sig_04132024.jpg (519 KB, 1600x1600)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>61896475

Here are some of my findings as a fellow astigmatic piece of shit:

>Green dots usually work better for me

>EPS is waaay more clear than the 407k/507k models I have owned

>my 6moa 407k-gr is a disgusing blob; my 6moa EPS Carry-gr is super crisp and round, even without my glasses

>I still find 2moa to be superior to 6moa for my eyes. Much easier to get precise shots. Maybe a touch more blooming than the 6moa EPS series, but still a smaller retical

>2moa is Arizona daytime visible 2 clicks from the brightest setting. 6 moa is visible 3 clicks from the top at high-noon. Despite this, the 2moa blooms less in dark conditions at this bright of a setting.
>>
>>61896525
Thanks man, looks like i'm going eps for sure. eps seems to be universally like amongst astig degenerates like myself
>>
>>61894566
EPS is pretty GTG. They've got a non zero lemon rate but if yours doesn't run into issues fairly quickly then you should be good. Just swap it out for a new one if you're unlucky. The EPS and EPS carry are some of the most popular RDSs for carry in the US and is well regarded. Your other option is mystery meat and doesn't deserve to be considered given the comparable pricing. There are some good threads on pistol-forum about the EPS if you'd like to read more.
>>
>>61894566
does anyone have the pastebin for poorfags?
>>
>>61895898
For most people I'd imagine it comes down to the relative ease of being able to handle a lot more powerful options when talking about shoulder fired guns. It's a lot harder for the average dude to manage a .44 magnum than a 12G shotgun. Even lowly 9mm gets pretty impressive penetration figures with hardcast, and you probably aren't going to want deforming loads even with the magnums so theres less to gain. With many intermediates youd have penetration concerns, particularly 5.56, where even FMJ likes to fragment and penetrate to depths typical of handgun JHP. Honestly I think they'd work fine still given bears don't like getting shot and they produce considerably wider wound cavities than handguns. .300 blk should work fine with a non deforming load and even the deeper penetrating expanding loads would likely be fine on anything but the biggest of Kodiak bears.
>>
>>61896976
What are you looking to get? I could probably help you out
>>
>>61896427
Little man and a retard
>>
How would you go about reducing the gas pressure on a piston gun?

QRD:
>Rifle length barrel
>carbine length gas system
>overgassing causes excess stress on piston

Reducing diameter of the gas port is one way, what about reducing piston cup diameter to catch less gas?
>>
>>61894566
>Cyelee
wut?
PSA, Holo, Sig or Swamp Fox if on a budget.
>>
>>61895898
Never even considered it but >sonic is not a bad choice with monolithic copper and heavy grain "++P"
>>
>>61896427
>if enclosed isn't the most fucking useless feature
Unless you expect to encounter more than moderate precipitation.
>>
>>61896475
>>61896525
Astigmatism sucks
t. X-eye dominant sufferer
>>
>>61898326
>Rifle length barrel
>carbine length gas system
Found your problem.
>>
>>61898391
Yes, but for whatever reason the manufacturer decided to build the rifle that way. Swapping to another system isn't an option
>>
>>61894566
Never buy Holosun products at full MSRP. Small US dealers sell the EPS for under $300 after emailing them for a coupon code. Find a European online retailer who will do the same.
>>
>>61898351
Copper is a lot less dense than lead, youd probably end up with projectile OAL limits gimping velocity and weight compared to a lead hardcast. Might be worthwhile given the novel designs you can do with copper though.
>>
>>61894566
I got the wolf2 with the circle dot reticle because I have retard eyes.
>>
>>61898398
What gun?
>>
>>61898326
Don't think that's work well, gas blowing past the piston head sounds problematic. Porting the piston to bleed off the excess would probably work better. That's a thing on some designs.
>>
>>61898474
Yes, but on bear you want penetration. Lead or hollows stopping in the inches of muscle after the inches of hair and fat is not optimal.
>>
I have a cylee mounted piggy back on a vortex spitfire. It was one of only a few dr cut options. Its been okay so far, I haven't beat on it, but it has held zero for 120 rounds of 5.56. take that for what you will.
I'd buy something trusted if my life was to depend on it. You're worth an extra $100 anon.
>>
>>61898488
K180C, Canadian shitrod rifle based on the 180b series.
>>
>>61898326
With smaller piston cup you may get overflow which could or could not still hit you in the face. (Are their relief ports in your tube and are they faced?)
Reducing your port is the option I would try first. Probably cheaper too if you have any tools and skill. New pistons, especially non standard sizes are usually pricey.
>>
>>61898529
What is preventing you from swapping the barrel on this thing? It looks like an off the shelf AR barrel.
>>
>>61898542
More room for tuning too. You can make a port bigger easily if you but undersized first, you cannot really add mils to a piston or even downsize it without a lathe.
>>
File: PhotoRoom-20231227_120540.jpg (414 KB, 2000x1500)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>61898528
On one of my shitty ARs.
>>
File: DSC02903-L.jpg (76 KB, 800x600)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>61898474
>Copper is a lot less dense than lead
Not enough to matter. Monolithic copper solids have been well proven for decades on dangerous game in Africa.
>>
>>61898369
yes because notoriously people complained optics became useless in the lightest of rain

I love when people make up absolute dumb shit that is easily disprovable, even Holosun says it's for lint
>>
>>61894566
Are CAT suppressors better than Rugged? I'm thinking of getting one for 300 blk and 308 winchester, for context
>>
>>61896374
This.
>>
>>61894566
Looking for a cheap red dot and rail for my smith and wesson 460V. I'm in Canada so finding a rail is the more difficult challenge.
>>
>>61896427
>enclosed denier
The idiocy and deranged ranting makes sense now
>>
>>61895955
Assuming shits been degreased properly then loctite shouldn't fail assuming it isn't getting heated up. That design however looks like it uses a single screw for windage and elevation and no real detents to know how much you moved or turned just friction holding everything in place against a smooth surface. It just looks like a winchester wildcat rear sight that got dolled up with a cut rate boob job.
Check out tech sights. They're aperture sights with detents. Some have tool less adjustment and some have m16a1 style protected rear sights.
>>
>>61898916
On second look. It seems I'm wrong on there being only a single screw to hold things down however it still relies on the screw to butt up against a smooth surface. Meaning if there's any rough handling it's liable to move. Not that those types of irons are to be expected to be infantry retard proof but I can see it being used by someone who just shoots soda cans or blasts squirrels bumping the rifle as he pulls it out of the car and knocking his sight off zero.
>>
>>61894566
Does Cyelee support the ccp too?
>>
>>61898556
the proprietary carbine length piston system, unless you think I could just run an AR gas tube into the receiver?
>>
File: file.png (155 KB, 1321x484)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>61899546
Yeah, I see issues after reviewing further. I don't think you can run a gas tube based on pic related and reviewing their spare parts on their website shows nothing about a longer gas tube, etc. These guys are retarded?
>>
>>61898949
Thanks for the response. I guess I'll give it a try for $45. It's just a range 10/22 plinker but you know how the stock sights on that thing are. I also like that they're a little taller
>>
Consider Gideon optics as well.
>>
>>61899806
>These guys are retarded?
Pretty much. Their rifle has a reputation for breaking pistons so I wondered if there was a way of potentially mitigating or solving the issue using some home gunsmithing.
>>
>>61894566
Is the APX A1 Compact a better choice for carry than a CZ P07? Not talking shooting wise but the dimensions. The CZ seems thinner but the APX is smaller overall.
>>
File: IMG_9755.jpg (1.24 MB, 2047x3293)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>61895955
I like my Tech Sights, I have the peep rear. The Ruger limited edition peep/pic rail looked nice and the Samson is nice too.
>>
>>61901218
Thanks. I understand the concept is good but I'm unsure how solid those specific sights are. Oh well, ordered them already and will report back
>>
>>61901835
They seem popular enough, often see them on the lever guns. Can’t hurt to try. I remember a rifle I had when I was on a rimfire team as a kid with a huge peep contraption.
>>
>>61894566
do you use armslist or another peer to peer bartering site? Every gun shop thinks the bottom of the barrel old surplus deserves rare prices
>>
File: 1680976878916962.jpg (453 KB, 1080x810)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Got some extra funds laying around. If I'm gonna waste em should I do so on nu guns, or buy parts and accessories for my old ones?
>>
File: IMG_5084.jpg (1.49 MB, 4030x3022)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>61904256
USP Match is an incredibly underwhelming firearm. You have to be drunk on hk hype to justify it
>>
what's the 10/22 of air rifles? i have an old red ryder from when i was a kid, but it's in pretty rough shape and not much fun to shoot. budget is like idk $200-300 USD
>get a real gun faggot
i do own one (well, an ithaca 37 that was passed down to me) but i cant really shoot that thing in a backyard lol.
>>
>>61904469
What's wrong with it? T. HK45 owner.
>>
>>61904518
Get a Wiehrauch hw30 from Krale. I've shot about 8,000 pellets since I got it in February. Don't buy turkshit.
>>
Can someone point me towards a good over barrel suppressor? One of the first results on Google is fucking Blaser.
>>
>>61904518
I bought a Gamo from Spain for about that price. Easy enough to mount a scope or optic if you'd want to.
>>
>>61905659
I have this one on my hunting rifle and it's really quiet, also not that expensive.
https://www.a-tec.no/silencers/optima-rifle-silencers/optima-50
>>
would the holosun SCRS be a good piggyback for a prism scope
>>
Are 7.62x39 AR bolts any cheaper than 5.56 bolts?
>>
>>61895955
I had one of those years ago and got rid of it because it would not retain zero and the smaller diameter peep hole kept falling off
>>
>>61910781
Kek great, already ordered it. Well, maybe they fixed production or enough loctite will work
>>
File: gas mask walkin.jpg (689 KB, 3500x2137)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
I need to buy some bulk water storage for ~200gal. Should I just buy plastic 55 gallon drums, or is there some better product?

Also, where do I even buy those if I want them from a retail store instead of paying a billion dollars for shipping the least efficient package in the world?
>>
>>61914672
Where do you need to store the water and for how long? Indoors or outdoors?

Farm/feed stores will have drums, but there are other options like collapsible tanks and "bladder tanks" that might be even better.
>>
>>61904256
depends what you have and how competent you are at gunsmithing. Probably you should buy non-perishable food and a gym membership.

>>61908198
They shouldn't be because they don't have economy of scale. Besides you shouldn't be trying to buy inexpensive bolts anyway... why would you skimp out on the one single most pressure-bearing part of your rifle that will immediately fuck your day up if it fails?
>>
>>61914692
Indoors, storage for an indefinite period, but so long as tap water is running I don't mind emptying out the barrels one at a time to let them dry and cleaning them
>>
Is a .22 magnum revolver decent enough for CCW? I know some loads can be as good as .380 but it’s a little cheaper. Normally I’d consider a Shield 9 or a CSX but I want something I can practice with easily and reliably guarantee accuracy.
>>
>>61914750
no.

It's not centerfire, and it's smaller than 35 caliber. It fails both realistic minimums.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (119 KB, 489x346)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
are these sites scam
>>
>>61915082
do they ask you to pay with crypto/zelle/PayPal friends+family?
if they do: yes
if they don't, probably not because they wouldn't be able to avoid charge backs.
>>
>>61898729
>Rain
Snow, tropic nigger.
>>
>>61895442
Had not heard of them until now.
https://gideonoptics.com/the-differences-between-expensive-vs-cheap-red-dots/?ue-mini-cart-product-added
I like what I hear though.
>>
>>61915082
Why risk it?
>>
>>61915082
I'm pretty sure these are all dropshippers with minimal customer support if you run into an issue
>>
>>61894566
Would a pistol red dot be better for a pcc or a regular one? Also are foxtrot mikes bad, I consistently see ones that are gunsmith specials.
>>
>>61915217
what are dropshippers? Aren't all online FFLs dropshippers?
>>
File: bbruhhhhhhh.png (332 KB, 1050x741)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>61915213
cause nigga look at that deal
>>
So I'm looking for cheap bolt actions (or, less preferably but still acceptable, single shots) with irons that aren't going to cost hundreds to feed.
There's a gun show coming to my region this weekend so I'm hoping I might see something...but what should I look for?
>>
>>61915496
Just know your budget, and stick to it. There are countless models for break action and cheapo hunting rifles.

Because of rate of fire, any real cartridge that you can find in stores won't cost much to shoot but something like .308 or 350 legend as a more modern hunting option will cost less and have good bullet selection for practical use.
>>
Can somebody please post the current version of the black sea fleet infographic?
>>
>>61915255
No
Some sites are run by companies with actual warehouses with inventory inside them on hand
These are not
>>
>>61915812
so where are they getting guns?
>>
>>61915496
>with irons
there aren't many with this, mostly because it's retarded.
Ruger no. 1 express, out of production CZ550s, savage 110s have a couple of models with them, Winchester model 70 safari express. For calibers it really depends on what kind of shooting you expect to do. 5.56/223 is quite nice for small bolt actions because you shoot cheap surplus or reload a HPBT with probably excellent accuracy (check the gun's twist rate first) all of which won't be mercilessly expensive. if you do plan on hunting, something with better terminal performance like 350L would be good and gives you usable subsonic options as well. it'll be more expensive per shot, but also more fun to shoot.
really thinking about dollars/shot needs to be balanced against fun/shot, and bolt guns are already going to be a lot more fun per shot than semi-autos. any given amount of ammo will last longer, which defrays the cost of ammo immensely
>t. plinks .458 Lott (which costs way less than you'd think)
>>
File: IMG_20240621_102849_861.jpg (2.45 MB, 5906x2305)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
I have hair like dust particle between collimator and front glass of my red dot sight. How do I clean it?
>>
>>61915259
I mean, I ordered from this site multiple times and they're good and legit. LL seems legit, but the prices are mixed - some deals, some ain't. Gunprime is a meme with their prices. DD is the same as LL, legit but the pricing is mixed.
>>
>>61915922
>Because it's retarded
Don't like scopes, simple as.
>>
>>61916425
My friend kept shilling gun prime to me but by checkout end it was more expensive than guns.com for what i wanted. They were charging me 60$ more for just a "free" spare Beretta mag and didn't even list any FFL within an hour from me.
>>
>>61915255
>what are dropshippers?
A drop shipper doesn't own any inventory. When you buy something from them they immediately order it from their wholesaler and have it shipped directly to you (or your FFL in the case of a gun). This can sometimes save money because it means the dealer doesn't have to deal with the costs of keeping stuff in inventory. But the downside is there's an extra link in the chain--the person you're dealing with is not the one doing the shipping, so there's more opportunity for delays or fuckups.

>Aren't all online FFLs dropshippers?
No, like the other anon said many of them are actual warehouses that maintain their own inventory or they brick-and-mortar gun stores that also sell online.
>>
>>61917240
That's fine, but the fact is that it's hard to find irons on rifles from the factory these days, just like it's hard to find a good corded telephone these days. It's just out of date compared to with what most of the market wants.

Instead of worrying about what rifles come with irons get whatever rifle you want and add irons. An gunsmith can do it if you aren't up to the task.
>>
>>61916398
>How do I clean it?
You don't. You need special tools to take those apart and the chance of you doing it without fucking it up are zero. Don't buy chinesium and there won't be hairs in your optics.
>>
File: 1717815461484032.png (312 KB, 680x597)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>61917958
Thanks you brother
>>
>>61917971
>An gunsmith can do it if you aren't up to the task.
this is advice more people need to take. you can change guns once you buy them, and it's not as stupendously expensive as you might think. I got my model 70 threaded for my can and color-match cerakoted for less than 200 bucks. Is that free? no. but now it's exactly the gun that I wanted. it's got a durable, modern finish in perfect condition and can accept my suppressor. Oh, and that included moving the front sight back so I could still use the irons.
also, if whatever you have is still in production, there's no moral qualm about it either. it's YOUR GUN make it exactly what YOU want!
>>
>>61894566
I don’t know where to ask this and I may sound dumb. But my dad is fully convinced that an ak is better then most modern rifles just because it doesn’t jam as much so im wondering does this make a way bigger advantage then say an ar ?
>>
File: IMG_20240621_204140_960.jpg (3.69 MB, 3467x4388)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
>>61917974
Apparently it wasn't that hard. I accidentally was able to dissolve the glue when I poured alcohol into it, trying to just move the hair like thing with it..
>>
File: IMG_20240621_204309_678.jpg (1.6 MB, 2084x2784)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>61919336
The innards are quite interesting, and the LED is simple red green indicator bipolar 5mm led. Can be changed to any color with ease like blue yellow or neopixel if you feel gay enough.
>>
File: IMG_20240621_222244_928.jpg (2.88 MB, 4455x3334)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
The led was held with a tape, but I replaced it with hot glue.
Took literal hours to get my finger smears (before assembling it back together) and alcohol mist when I had it back together, but I did it.
The trick with getting the alcohol out was simply blow drying it.
>>
File: IMG_20240621_225538_745.jpg (3.82 MB, 3889x5197)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB JPG
Stay on the board, as I turn this sight gay tomorrow
>>
>>61919310
Most jamming is the fault of factory qc and mags. People think m14 is bad now because of the bad qc on issued ones, people used to think the m16 was bad but it was qc and ammo.
>>
>>61894566
Is cyelee and at3 reliable brands. Ive been looking at the catalog for both and the wolf pro looks good for a pcc.
>>
>>61919310
An AR-15 where the U.S. Ordnance department does not intentionally sabotage the gun by deliberately using the wrong gunpowder (dirtier, different burn rate causing much faster cycling than designed) is perfectly reliable. Other than that, the original 20 round magazines for the M16A1 weren’t great and many people down loaded them to 18 rounds for better feeding. A modern AR will go tit for tat with any gun for reliability
>>
>>61917971
A recommendation for a bolt action or single shot to have a gunsmith put irons on is also acceptable.
>>
>>61919632
Thank you
>>
>>61915259
Who wants a cruiser? Birdhead or actual stock.
>>
>>61919400
I got one of these in a bulk paintball deal once. I could wiggle the laser emitter around and actually hear it moving
>>
>>61915496
PSA needs to get off their ass and start making the Nodak Spud irons for Ruger Americans again
>>
>>61919680
Pic related for Kino look
>>
>>61919632
A big point of failure I've found with ARs are the magazines. USGI metal mags are *supposed* to be periodically checked with a gauge to make sure the feedlips are good, but nobody ever does. If USGI mag feedlips are bent or bulged out of shape, you're supposed to toss them away ASAP. I've seen people take pliers to bend them back into shape which is specifically not supposed to be done because that makes the metal weaker.

USGI mags with in spec feedlips are reliable, especially if they have anti-tilt followers. Pmags you just need to make sure there is no crack at the base of the lips. With Pmags this is normally going to be caused by somebody gorilla strength pushing 31 rounds in.

All that retardation aside, USGI with anti tilt and Pmags are both reliable.
>>
>>61919696
LED, not a laser. But that sight is so shit, it's exactly why it wouldn't hurt me modding that sight into something ridiculous
>>
File: IMG_20240622_000340_424.jpg (3.84 MB, 3564x4762)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
>>61919755
Too bad, it fell and I cracked the lens. but the show must go on.
>>
File: 1712884816454081.jpg (24 KB, 280x219)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>61904256

Imagine irreversibly milling your USP for a dogshit optic
>>
>>61919962
optics are based. I'd mill a C96 right in front of John Mauser himself, idgaf.
>>
>>61919310
AKs have a good reputation for reliability and there are aspects of their design which help. They are very simple, and production was licensed widely with full TDP and technical assistance from the USSR to ensure proper quality. A dogshit American AK made of butter metal using crappy plastic mags will still be unreliable or even unsafe to fire though, so like anything else it's still down to quality. That is also the case with ARs. A quality AR with good magazines and ammunition can eclipse a poor quality AK in reliability.

In short, there is a grain of truth in what your dad believes but reality is far more nuanced. A badly made AK will still be unreliable despite being an AK. It's just that we historically had good milspec or parts kit AKs and surplus magazines available years ago, which is where their reputation comes from.
>>
>>61920024
Is the AR better for close quarter combat than the AK? I imagine it would be so with the lighter weight
>>
>>61920118
Neither is better or worse than the other if we're just going with generic "close combat"
>>
>>61920118
Which AK? Which AR?
A Mk18 is better than an RPK in close quarters.
An AKS-74U is better than an M16A2.

Nothing inherent to the mechanical system. Lighter, less recoiling caliber is better, so 5.56mm > 7.62mm, but westerners don't realize that 5.45mm has been widespread since the 1970s in AKs.

Overall, the difference between each is negligible compared to the organization and skill of the opposing sides. The exact small arm used shouldn't be the make or break
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 987x551)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>61920202
It's mainly Russians using 5.45. Maybe if we can start getting some over here in the US. I would love to have a 5.45 AK.
>>
>>61919577
they're both no-names so they're a gamble. In general, though, you can gamble on a gun that's safe with an interesting feature set and it might be fun even if it's not reliable. You can't gamble on no-name optics because they ALWAYS suck... until they hit a critical mass like holosun.
>>
>>61920249
Used to be super easy, surplus 7N6 cost half the price of commercial 5.56mm. I literally bought pallets of spam cans.

In 2014, the ATF reclassified 7N6 as "armor piercing pistol ammunition" for bullshit reasons, which meant it can't be imported anymore, not just from Russia but from anywhere. You can still buy commercial 5.45mm but it is as or more expensive than 5.56mm so there is basically no point.
>>
>>61920249
It's not just Russians, but other militaries because it was the standard Soviet round and thus it profilerated. The Ukrainians use 5.45mm AKs for example.
But the framing of the question has to be narrowed when somebody asks "what better?"- are we talking in a global sense, a sense of what is being actually issued to competing militaries, or what U.S. civilians can easily get ahold of? All of those lead to possibly different answers and it would be wonderful if people asking questions specified, otherwise we get drawn into tangents.
>>
>>61919978
For a burris/docter though? At least rmr gets you a massive catalog and even a leupold cut has better options. This gets you vortex, one primary arms dot made to throw a bone to said footprint, and then a bunch or literally whos.
>>
>>61920265
Ill try them anyways because i have a perfectly fine home defense weapon already and the optic isn't for that. But would a pcc be better on a pistol optic or a rifle optic?
>>
>>61894566
is there some kind of tier lists for M1 carbine manufacturers?
>>
File: CHMF8979.jpg (82 KB, 466x631)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>61919577
If you want to go turbo budget, get a Bushnell TRS-25. I had one for like a decade, three years of which it was on an AK on an Ulimak being shot a 3-guns at least once a month plus normal range time. Despite being on the hot gas tube area, I never had issues with it aside from 7-8 years in developing a -slight- starburst on the reticle but it was still perfectly usable. I gave the optic away to a buddy for his starter rifle.
For $60 I think it did tremendously well. You can upswing a bit to a Sig optic, or a Holosun or Primary Arms which all exist in that lower tier but decent optics ecosystem.
>>
File: IMG_2293.jpg (606 KB, 1280x960)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>61919962
USP is a trash gun
>>
>>61920410
Short answer: buy a pistol dot and a riser

Long answer:
"pistol optics" are really better understood as "micro dot" sights.

The sacrifices they tend to make are that their batteries are harder to get overseas than AA's, (but most modern rifle optics don't use AA's either) and those batteries slightly complicate your internal logistics by forcing you to buy something like a 1620 that nothing else uses as opposed to something like a 1632 which is widely used in rifle optics as well.

Open emitter micro dots are universally fragile, but if the rifle lives in a safe and only moves outside a case off the bench to shoot and then back into the case then that's fine.

If you shoot under night vision or in awkward (re: practical use of cover) positions the smaller window can also be a bother, but it sounds like that's not really a concern for you.

>>61920433
The tier list is:

B tier
>Stored well oiled in a cool dry place with all springs relaxed and never fired corrosive ammo (re: never issued)

C tier
>Issued, but never sent to war

D Tier
>Sent to war

F tier
>Rebuild

The manufacturers are far less to blame for how the guns work than the design itself, and the way people neglected them over the past 70 years

>>61919577
do NOT listen to >>61920477. TRS 25 is the absolute most DOGSHIT optic I have ever owned out of literal dozens and even including airshit tier stuff. I had three of them, all of them broke under recoil/general handling, the first two on an AK and an AR, the last one on a 10/22. After three strikes bushnell gave me a credit and their next-up-the-chain red dot at the time, and that one... also broke under recoil.

Bushnell, not even once...
>>
>>61920350
I am wondering for military use, because in my retard mind in thinking larger caliber=better
>>
>>61920537
>1620s
lmfao thank god for amazon. after my initial 1620 battery died on my eps carry i thought i'd be good with the 1632s i had, only to see that no, they were not, and that i needed a whole new battery.
>>
>>61920537
>The manufacturers are far less to blame for how the guns work than the design itself
M14, m50, and the original issued car15 are the exact opposite. The manufacturing never had any reliable level quality control to speak of despite good examples being perfectly fine when quality standards were actually met.
>>
>>61920433
None of the issues manufacturers had any major issues just there are preftencess on fitment and storage for where they are from. It isn't that big of an issue on m1 carbines and garands but it is on a lot of other wwi and wwii firearms as it can determine bolt quality and mag fitment as well as accuracy in some cases.
>>
>>61920542
Biggerer caliber = more recoil. More recoil means more difficult to accurately land fast semi-auto shots, and full auto is less controllable.
An AK will inherently have more rise off the target than an AR thanks to the AK having a big chunky bolt carrier & piston moving around inside, so on top of that you really don't want to make it 7.62mm if you're looking to keep shots on target.
7.62 AK mags are also just kind of a pain in the butt compared to 5.56 or 5.45 mags when it comes to figuring out the best place to situate the most as you can in an easy to reach way.

NONE of this is make or break compared to having competent dudes in the first place. Skilled guys with iron sight AKMs would thrash inexperienced, unorganized guys with MK.18s & Eotechs.
In terms of small arms hardware the only real situation in close quarters where hardware just unfairly unlevels the field is when it comes to sticking night optics and good weapon lights on stuff (NVG for medium distance and spotting in urban environments, white light for room to room loud doorkicking stuff).
>>
>>61920622
that's because the inherent features of those designs don't hamper them as much as those of the M1.
>Rimmed case
>Straightwall case
>Long length to width ratio of case
>Low operating pressure to feed a round with those difficulties
>Thin feed lips on magazine
>Relatively thin springs (which makes metallurgical problems more of a problem at a time when people were literally eyeballing the temp of steel before spring tempering)
>>
So I got a dumb question.
Aside from their complete non-viability as personal defense weapons due to difficulty of loading, is there anything wrong with weapons that take powder?
>>
>>61920757
Define "wrong" since you've already excluded practicality.
>>
>>61920757
No. There is a quite a few enthusiastic black powder shooters. You probably won’t be allowed into any indoor range. I was next to a guy shooting a pirate pistol at an outdoor range. It’s pretty cool, economical since you literally cannot shoot that many rounds per hour plus the guns don’t cost that much.
>>
>>61920757
define what you mean by "take powder"

Do you mean firing an irritant or a compressed powder projectile, or a frangible bullet? all regular firearms take powder in the sense that gunpowder is part of their operation.
>>
>>61919310
You dad must have bought some shitty guns to think an AK is superior at anything. It was only ever good because you could get one for $300 and a spam can of ammo for $90 while an AR would cost you $1500. Today A
a $450 PSA will outperform it in terms of accuracy, ergos, and modularity.
>>
>>61920862
You know what I actually mean.
Most modern guns take bullets that have powder in the cartridges, and require no addition of powder added from a horn or other container.
>>
>>61921132
you're asking a question about a virtually nonexistent vein of self defense tool, powder applies to a lot of those, and irritant powder like CS balls is actually a lot more common than what most american readers will think, which is "black powder firearm"
>>
>>61920477
Trs-25 is ancient garbage and if you don't have good eyes will look like a fucking blob
>>
File: kube.png (1.2 MB, 855x640)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Does anyone know if the /k/ube has all four sides of it pictured? I really want to make a 3D print of this thing and I'm looking for the easiest route.
>>
>>61919711
I actually considered one of these but I want a decent cheekweld and it kind of seems wrong not on a quality (aka old) 870.
>>
>>61920494
Lösche das, sofort.
>>
File: IMG_0388.jpg (73 KB, 625x465)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>61921733
The cube is not actually a cube.

If you want to make a murdercube just download a bunch of weapon stls and merge them with a cube in blender
>>
>>61921739
Shame it's the only currently available top folding stock so yeah.
>>
>>61921752
Oh that sucks. I'll have to figure out something then. Maybe be lazy and take two sides and repeat.
>>
File: IMG_20240621_200539_847.jpg (3.42 MB, 3701x5170)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
Are Chinese sights really nitrogen purdged?
There's only one O-ring on the whole thing (under the brightness dial/switch).
The lenses have enough gap between itself and their retainer to allow liquid leaks, and no O-ring between them.

The zeroing dials have no O-rings.

Is nitrogen purged, just a meme?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (15 KB, 300x299)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Can someone please share more info on these cheap 5x magnifiers? Are they just a set of convex and concave lens or proper prism optic?
>>
Do gunshows require payment in cash for products or do they have those little credit/debit card readers?
>>
Are handguards regulated in the USA and banned from international sale ?
I can only find what I'm looking for on Gunbroker and i'm in Europe
>>
>>61915496
Something that helps me figure out "what is available" was budsgunshop. Their website is designed pretty easily to search by type and caliber like "rifle/bolt-action/308" etc. Other sites do it, but buds does it best, imo.

I bought a Savage 110 apex hunter xp .223 bolt action that came with a scope for about $600 total and that thing is awesome. It's a lot more manageable when at the range, because the 308 bolt I have is very loud and a lot of people don't want to shoot it lmao. I'm buying a .22 bolt action eventually, due to ammo price.
>>
What's fudlore?
>>
>>61925196
>>61915496
>>
>>61925230
Shit that was made up or misconstrued passed off as factual before the internet age mainly by people who didn't want to look it up.
>>
I've never had or used a gun in my entire life.

At first it was because of liberal parents and now it's because I have suicidal ideations regularly.

Should I get one? Sometimes I feel unsafe in Portland, but I wonder if I wouldn't just turn the gun on myself one day.
>>
>>61924635
most booths will have a card reader and there will be an ATM if you need cash.

>>61924599
they're cheap magnifiers with bad lenses - what do you want to know? Physics-wise they're the same sort of lens arrangement as a regular scope just without any etching for a reticle or assembly to adjust an etched lens.

>>61924968
some companies don't send anything you can attach to a gun outside the U.S. due to ITAR.

>>61925464
If you're going to shoot yourself, don't buy a gun - you'll just get turned into a statistic to justify taking guns from the rest of us. Get yourself some saber spray.
>>
Can anybody post technical manuals on the stinger missile guidance system?
>>
File: 1717383823995416.jpg (376 KB, 1200x717)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>61894566
Are there any ways to store a break action shotgun that are a little more space efficient? I was thinking most could have their barrel and action separated and put on a rack but couldn't find anything like what I was thinking. Looking for DIY solutions mostly. Pic mostly for attention as it's only mildly related.

>>61895955
Look into the Samson B-TM sight. Sorry if I'm a little late here. Cheap as $58.23. Looks cool as well.
https://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=04-04082-01
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/850006871599
>>
>>61926461
LOL
>>
>>61904518
10/22 of air rifles in what way? If you're talking about aftermarket and customization I'd have to say the Crosman 1377 or 1322. The aftermarket is pretty big and it's been made since 1977 albeit with slightly different variations from the modern 1377. The 1377 or 1322 carbine with the 1399 stock with steel breech to allow installation of a scope is a nice upgrade. Pyramyd Air sells them and will even put the breech on for you. I find that .177 is generally cheaper and more available so it's what I'd buy as a beginner (model 1377).
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/crosman-p1377-with-shoulder-stock-black?m=3606
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/crosman-p1322-with-shoulder-stock-black?m=3608
If you want the steel breech which I highly recommend if you want to install a scope, you can add it a little further down the page under "Service Plans" for some odd reason. Note that you will no longer have a rear sight if you go for that. I do recommend learning irons though; generally cheap irons are more reliable than cheap scopes anyways and you won't end up like me who wants everything to have a scope lol. I don't really recommend using them in pistol form but I may be biased. It's about 26" long with a stock and it's one of the nicest handling air rifles I own due to its size and weight. The .177 model is shootable in the backyard and you can even make your own pellet stop cheap if need be (ie. for suburban backyards or with close neighbors).
>>
>>61919696
This dumb mf is over here buying red dots for paintball guns, fucking idiot
>>
>>61928285
Not understanding how buying a bulk lot of stuff works but ok
>>
>>61894566
watever you do get a mil bud to get that 10% off on primary arms if you decide to and tip him a beer
>>
File: 1706864122176710.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1281)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>61915496
Check out Backfire on Youtube. He has a bunch of budget bolt action videos with reviews and comparisons. No .22s on that channel though.

>>61919704
Man I hope they do something with all the old NDS product designs. Mike is working hard on the H&R retro M16/M4 stuff right now though so I can kinda understand. Also PSA is going to make a build-it-yourself bolt action supposedly. Eventually. As well as a pump action shotgun that's a mix of 870 and other parts ("570").
>>
>>61919891
Lol. Gamo sold a similar sight for years. Green dot. Would not be surprised if it came out of the same factory. Aluminum or plastic?
>>
File: 1697008392034147.jpg (467 KB, 1350x900)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>61921739
>>61921777
I really wish Remington would start making this stock again but knowing their condition I understand why it won't happen. It still makes me sad. And even if you could find an original I think the recoil goes through the grip which makes me concerned for their longevity. Maybe one day...
>>
Why are the old leaf shaped broadhead so underutilized by today's bow hunters? Everyone seems to use mechanical or 3 - 4 blade broadheads. Why is there no love for the big ass spear shaped arrowheads used by our ancestors?
>>
File: 11871171-1814397537.jpg (85 KB, 1200x1005)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>61928358
Oog use flint arrowhead!
Oog kill big duur!
>>
>>61928358
Is there a benefit to using leaf-shaped blades over 3-4 blade arrangements? Besides being easier to forge by hand.
>>
File: 0167-01-48362388.jpg (413 KB, 2040x1374)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>61928405
The look cooler!
>>
>>61928301
This dumb mf bought a bunch of jazzed up tippmanns with reddots, laugh at him
>>
>>61915496
>What should I look for?
A job, poorfag.
>>
>>61921733
>>61921752
The Re/k/tangle
>>
>>61894566
Red dots should deserve their own thread. If you're playing around during the day it's all fun and games. Iron sights is a real fuck it, why bother I aint never going to use it. Iron sights don't work at night unless you're trying to use the flash of your muzzle or other peoples flashes and they're not aiming. It seems like a superfluous luxury but at night it's indispensable.
>>
>>61930808
Just stable another paper in front of the other one. Some guns people don't care you're fucked with, you can just stable a piece of paper on top of your other paper and it's too easy. Someone will say well you're here here and here like fucking another piece of paper over it, you do it every other round you're not running out of paper or staples but they'lre going to say, well you hit outside the paper we need to aim dead center to make this paper last the next 20 fucking times you miss it. You fuckin dial anyone in to fucking hitting anything someone will come along and be like fucking why isn't it bulleye you need to miss paper all day and try to dial it in.
>>
I'm a nogunz lurker that lives in a small town in the US. Someone tried to break into the house that I share with some roommates and I need to be armed. Rental agreement forbids me from keeping firearms in the house so it needs to be small and concealable, preferably from roommates (eg in a drawer). It also needs to be cheap because I don't have a ton of money. Gun laws do not apply beyond the normal fed ones. I was looking at some cheap .38 revolvers for around $250 that looked like they would work but does anyone have any better suggestions.
>>
recommendations for good books on rhodesia?
>>
is 303 British hard to get a hold of?
>>
>>61930991
If you could save up another $100, I would really consider the Arex Delta.
https://dkfirearms.com/product/arex-delta-m-gen-2-9mm-optics-ready-pistol/
Don't own one myself, but I've seen guntubers running them and they seem to work well. 3x the ammo capacity of the revolver, cheaper ammo overall, options for adding lights and optics should you wish to do so later. It's really a handgun you could buy and just be DONE purchasing handguns for the rest of your life.
If that isn't feasible though, a gun you have is better than one you don't. Make sure to study your state's laws regarding firearms for self-defense.
>>
>>61931489
In store, probably. Online, it's around but not cheap.
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/303-british
>>
I live in immediate proximity to an oil refinery. What gas mask filter should I get for protection so I can tactically fuck off if it leaks/is attacked?
>>
>>61931489
No. PPU makes it. It's abundant and not particularly expensive. If you live anywhere near a place where the sun never set then it will be in stores, otherwise it's easy to get online.
>>
File: IMG_1359.jpg (509 KB, 1133x2762)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
When I was cycling my M95, one of the rounds got jammed up and got pushed forward into the bottom of the inside of the chamber. I tried to pull it back forward with some pliers but could only get this far. Is it safe to shoot or should I abandon this one. Here is it next to a regular round, it sits a little shorter in the brass.
>>
Is 45-70 Government hard to get a hold of?
I have a (less than one decade) old rifle sitting around that fires the stuff. It's got irons so it should be a fun range rifle.
>>
>>61930991
>rental agreement forbids
a cheap 9mm or .38 special you can shove in a CC holster (Inside Waist Band). Taurus, Glock, and Charter Arms have your back, nigga.
Your landlord is a faggot.
>>
Is it possible to give your buddies a couple hundred yards away a new mask filter by putting it into an M203 and giving it a good

>thunk

and sending it to them?
>>
My home build AR15 with a vltor mur upper, centurion 13.9 barrel, and ripcord ldr1 rail shot good groups with 77gr otm when i used an eotech, but i struggled to get a good zero with a steiner t432 prism scope. Shot iwi razor core and then black hills mk262. Is it possible that its the pin and weld? (overtorqued flash hider?). I did overtorque the barrel nut a tad to 55 instead of 46 inch pounds...but that shouldnt matter with good parts right? Am I just gay and cant keep my eye in the same parallax on the 4x? been shooting Acogs for like 6 years before this so i dont think so. going to try different loads but I dont see how Steiners mount could be so shitty that i have a big sloppy stringing 4-5 moa group with gucci ammo off a (admittedly loaded) leadsled.
>>
>>61934270
>Am I just gay
Yes. This is your problem.
>>
>>61933966
>Is 45-70 Government hard to get a hold of?
not really. it's a bit on the expensive side, but you shoot a lot less 45-70 per range trip than something like 5.56. if you want to start reloading it's very easy to reload.
>>
>>61934497
Sadly I'm not a reload bro, but I have gotten a job that pays more so maybe it won't hurt as much.
>>
>>61934813
it's not that expensive then. plenty of options on ammoseek. I haven't seen much/any in stores.
>>
>>61934832
I saw them at a gun show for $50, I presume for 20 Bullets.
>>
For the LCR in 357, is it possible to load 9mm in it using moonclips or is the LCR in 9mm the only one designed to use 9mm with moonclips?
>>
>>61935394
What would give you the impression that that would work?
>>
>>61935474
The LCR has a 9mm variant that uses moonclips. Was wondering if it was a proprietary thing since I know you can shoot 9mm out of some .38spl guns with a moonclip, figured this might be similar.
>>
>>61935496
I'm not saying you can't try, but if you can't afford to just buy .38 special instead you probably ought to consider more productive ways to spend your time.
>>
>>61894566
I'm looking at a sightmark 3x or 5x. Are these any good?
The average reviewer says they are fine, but the AR subreddit seems to despise these.
Any thoughts on em here? I can pick one up for less than 100 at my local pawn.
>>
>>61894566
What is this?
>>
>>61936970
A foldy boy revolver by Standard Manufacturing.
https://stdgun.com/switch-gun-22-lr-single-action-folding-revolver/
>>
>>61936995
Yeah but is it a real gun? It say “switch gnu” on it and I’m not sure if it’s the toy version or one with live ammo.
>>
>>61937072
Reading is hard.
Switch Gun .22 LR Single Action Folding Revolver
SKU:SWITCHGUN-LRSHIPPING:$60.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
$459.00
PLEASE ENTER THE INFORMATION OF THE GUN DEALER THAT WILL BE HANDLING YOUR TRANSFER (NAME, CITY, STATE) IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE WE WILL FIND ONE: REQUIRED

Nobody is asking you for $500+ (after shipping and tax) and an FFL for a toy.
>>
>>61937195
I'm only asking because the mentally unstable tranny (my brother) who lives with my mom had this sitting on a table in her house. She sent me that pic to see if I knew if that exact object in the pic was a toy or not. I only know like two gun guys irl so I figured I'd ask this board.
>>
>>61895927
>300 BLK super sonic is nothing to sneeze at, very similar to 7.62x39 numbers
I've actually read higher velocity (as much as 50fps) with sigs 125gr 300blk supers from a 10" barrel than 124gr golden tiger x39 in an m92.
This is probably because of powder optimization, but still was surprising.
>>
File: 20240623_214538.jpg (3.41 MB, 4000x3000)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
>>61935496
>>61935749
I don't see this working except for like the Medusa. 9mm is tapered, .38 isn't really. I'm also going to have to get a pencil because I stuck that 9mm in pretty hard.
>>
>>61932199
Anything?
>>
File: 1707385779668932.jpg (73 KB, 1200x1200)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>61936970
The fact that it's misspelled is weird as I can't find toy versions that are. But I think the center of the rear of the rounds seem to have "primers" in the center which neither 22 LR or 22 WMR does not have as it's rimfire. Probably a toy that shoots little plastic "bullets" with the force of the hammer.

In fact, in trying to find a pic of a model that even had the extended barrel and a black cylinder in 22WMR I found the exact toy version. Probably paid $70 for it lmao
https://brrrrt.com/products/switch-mini-revolver-toy
>>
>>61937640
Find someone who works there, buy them a beer, and ask them what they get for respirators. They're probably looking at the osha requirements for whatever products they're refining and buying something suitable. If you know what the products are, could try looking for the osha sheets directly, that's my best idea.
>>
>>61937640
Probably 3M. Do you really want to trust some old surplus gas mask that has been stored and used god knows where in god knows what conditions? Or get one of those ones with the bubble lenses if you want a full face; I forget who makes them and I'm sure someone here would know as they're popular but pricey. But really if something leaks and it's gas like methane or carbon monoxide (not some kind of airborne chemical or dust) a gas mask isn't doing shit for you AFAIK. If there's not enough oxygen in the air it's not saving your ass short of getting a tank of breathable air like scuba divers use. If you're worried about chemical and particulate, then sure. And >>61937731

Also where the fuck do you live that you're worried about an oil refinery attack lol
>>
File: IMG_4440.jpg (1.73 MB, 1290x1423)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>61928357
Having been issued an 870P for many years and still loves them, I never had a cool top folder but damn if it isn’t peak aesthetics.

>>61931967
Based opinion. I’d try one if I didn’t get my M9-A2, I think they are similarly underrated.

>>61936620
For under $200 you can get a Falke B5X, which is much higher quality materials (those low tier ones all use the same cheap mount and are the same despite branding). Falke is made in China but more like Holosun or PA. You will only get that price through Dvor.com.
>>
>>61898798
by rail you mean the rear sight dovetail type?
theyre $30 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Revolver-Picatinny-Scope-Mount-Silver/dp/B01G97Y292
get it sent to a amazon locker on the usa side, and pick it up.
>>
>>61928320
I'm waiting for that damned shotgun. I will go to the big HQ store to buy it.
>>
>>61937731
My brother in law has worked there for like a decade, but he's a fuckhead and thinks it's cool to be disagreeable, so I'll never get it out of him.

>>61937749
No, I don't want to trust some old mask. I just want to find a good 40mm filter for it and have it beside my mask, then if something DOES happen, I'll have it.

I know it won't do me any good if all the oxygen is displaced, but I'd rather have it with low oxygen than not.

And it's like the odds of a squirrel falling from a tree onto me and biting out me trachea: low, but never zero. I'm much more concerned about a leak or failure due to corporate complacency, but I wouldn't put attacking an oil refinery past some retards.
>>
File: 1692925787127186.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1281)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>61938711
While I'm not 100% crazy about the 570's magpul styled receiver aesthetics, I'm excited to at least see something new and between it and the rifle being build-it-yourself, I'm glad to see them at least trying it; maybe it'll get other companies to offer a similar thing for their guns. Like, I'd love to be able to buy a complete receiver from Ruger but right now the best option is to just buy the cheapest $200 10/22 on a July 4th or Father's day sale and part it out. If Ruger charged me like $100 for a complete receiver I'd jump on that shit. Hell, let me buy a complete receiver with a BX trigger for $150.
>>
>local gunshop makes Frankenstein ar-15 with parts he sources all over the world
>supposed to be top quality for each part
>3500€
Is it worth it?
>>
>>61939681
Almost certainly not. I don't see a lot of point to buying someone else's frankenar unless it's a really good deal for the parts they chose. Now I should say I don't know the market in Europastan, but for that kind of money over here you could just get any top tier AR manufacturer like Knight's Armament or LMT and retain a hell of a lot more resale value should you decide to move on.
>>
>>61938405
Just made an account to take a look at the deals. Pretty nice.
Is sightmark really that bad? I know nothing about magnifiers, as I've always run only red dots, so I'm pretty in the dark here.
>>
I got gifted a bunch of magpul glock mags, my friends are saying they are trash but they been running fine for me. Are they really that unreliable or did I just get lucky?
>>
>>61894566
How do you like you P-10C? I have a 97b but it's kind of big to carry around (I bought it to try competition shooting) and I am considering the P-10C as a carry gun.
>>
>>61941111
I think the Sightmark is probably the better of the cheaper ones, the think I’d look for is all the really cheap ones have that exact same clamshell mount with pineapple rubber cover. There’s a pricier Sightmark that looks like a Holoson and it gets better reviews. It’s also on Dvor a lot.
>>
There is a ruger american in .308 at my local pawn shop with a poortex scope on it for $670. Should I jump on it? I heard the gen 1 of that rifle had cycling issues.
>>
File: tritiumFiberOpticCombo.jpg (68 KB, 1200x1200)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>61894566
I'm having trouble deciding between tritium and fiber optic irons for a pistol. I'm aware there are combination options like picrel, but am unsure if the sight picture would be too busy. Does anyone have experience with this?
>>
File: IMG_8897.jpg (498 KB, 1706x2097)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>61944744
My understanding is fiber is great for visibility in daytime settings but doesn’t do anything in the dark. While with Tritium sights you have night time visibility (most cops shoot better on low light quals because the 3 dot style are very simple when glowing) and you can have enhanced daytime visibility with a bright ring around the front sight that is semi luminous itself. Disclaimer: I’m a tritium autist and have them on everything. They will eventually dim in 10-15 years and I have two sets at Trijicon to get new lamps installed ($114 for two guns, better than buying two new sets of sights).
>>
File: IMG_4786.jpg (1.76 MB, 2556x2949)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>61944744
My favs are the Trijicon HD with wides standard width post and rear U-Cut, and Night Fisions are totally underrated.
>>
Is M855A1 worth the hype? Should I spend $60 for a mag to keep around for HD?
>>
>>61932199
Full face MSA or 3M with Organic Vapor and Acid Gas cartridges. If they have an HF Alkylation unit and you live on the fenceline then learn how to seal your basement up with tape in a hurry too.
>>
What European countries have good gun laws? Stuff like no registrations, pistols and ARs allowed, and so on?
>>
>>61945158
It will break a level IV plate faster than most other 5.56, but I've seen no evidence of single hit penetrations even at close range, so you're still planning on mag dumping them. Also more overpenetration risk because of the big steel penetrator. Having a single mag of it isn't as helpful as just training to shoot someone in the face if body shots don't seem to be accomplishing much.
>>61945386
>no registrations
I'm pretty sure literally none of them.
>pistols and ARs allowed
Considerably more of them, Czech Republic is usually called best (normal people can actually get concealed carry licenses), Slovenia improved a lot recently, ARs are a available in a lot of them but you're joining a shooting club and registering everything.
>>
probably not the best place to ask, but what sort of pants do you guys wear? I need something tougher thank dickies jeans. button fell off on one pair, paddle holster pokes holes through them, one belt loop just snapped on the pair i'm wearing.
>>
>>61944744
They're totally different beasts. Fiber is very bright during the daytime but is useless in the dark, even a plain white paint spot is much easier to see if it is dark. Tritium is no different than ordinary sights during the day but is (slightly) visible in the dark. Hybrid sights don't have any different sight picture then others, they superimpose the fiber over the tritium, the sight picture is the same.
My personal preferences are really clear: Fiber for my hunting revolver, Tritium on CCW.
>>
>>61948078
not him - What does the 365 XL use? They were very visible in moonlight only conditions.
>>
>>61948047
Jeans suck now. I have an older pair of Luckys that are hanging in there, but I don't expect any current brands to hold up to more than a year if I'm hitting a slide into the dirt.

If it's just to the range, I just buy surplus hot weather field pants and don't give a fuck when a tear a hole in them.
>>
>>61948047
Fishing pants, CAT pants, motorcycle denims.
>Dickies
They are bottom of the barrel in cost so they do not last.
>>
File: IMG_20240625_114744_HDR.jpg (1.9 MB, 4000x3000)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Is the "1/2x36" my barrels thread size? I'm looking to change it out and want to make sure I buy the right one. It's a Live Free Armory Challenger, 9mm AR15, blowback no gas block.
Also the barrel nut will not come loose, is it supposed to be on so fucking tight?
>>
>>61948047
Basically nothing but Wrangler Riggs FR. Very comfy, massive pockets (can just almost pocket carry my 4" Security Six), very tough. But the tags are very noticeable and people who know will ask why you're wearing FRs and if you don't have a handy excuse like working for oil & gas company, you might look like a bit of a poser.
>>
>>61948764
>Is the "1/2x36" my barrels thread size?
That's the size of the threads on the muzzle.

>Also the barrel nut will not come loose
It's almost certainly treated with a threadlocker of some kind and since you ask noob questions you're probably not using the right tools either. Barrels are usually tight as fuck. Expect to need a good vise and heat.
>>
>>61949871
Yea definitely a noob. Cars are so simple and straight forward with changing parts, I thought guns would be too, but finding info on specific manufacturers and models sucks bro. Are any of those other numbers the diameter of the barrel at the receiver end? The manufacturer doesn't have any clear information I've found so far, but I'm not giving up, just need some help. I've got a receiver vice and the barrel nut on this one is just a square, not the kind I'm seeing in all the YouTube videos that needs an armorers wrench.
>>
Dumb question, but are there any tools to extrapolate a longer range optic zero? i.e. I only have access to a 25 yd range, but I'd like the optic to be zeroed to 100 yds?
>>
>>61950170
>but are there any tools to extrapolate a longer range optic zero?
Yes, it's called a ballistics chart. You compare the difference in elevation between the two and set your zero that much higher or lower.
>>
>>61894566
>€

Enough larping, euroboy. Either get a green card and move your ass over here or give up on your dreams of owning anything more dangerous than a butter knife.
>>
>>61948047
I have to wear braces on both legs at all times, so I go through pants fast and hard. Slacks are dead in 6 months to a year. I burn through lightweight Levis and Dickies in maybe six months. I've found that the stretch denim fabrics (the ones with ~3-5% spandex in the mix) seem to be slightly more abrasion-resistant than some of the heavier-duty all-cotton options, but they tear more easily if you're doing innawoods shit.
I used to wear Duluths almost exclusively, their old Fire Hose jeans were absolutely excellent. Unfortunately they became a "lifestyle" brand about 5 years ago, stopped offering American/union-made pants, and the quality and durability has been absolutely cratering. I have one pair of jeans from 2018 that are still in good shape and a couple older ones that are wearable but every pair I've bought from them since then has died in 6-18 months.
My current preference is plain old Wranglers in a relaxed fit cut. Got one pair over two years without significant damage, although there are definitely rub marks on the brace contact points. And a worn-in holster print at the waistband under the belt. I have another four pairs that are ~1.5 years old with small holes at the knees or pocket corner tears, but no white prints from my EDC shit. All of them have held up to my carry belt well.
>>
>>61950195
Great, thanks for helping my dumbass out anon.
>>
>>61950214
This wasn't a productive response. Attitudes like this weaken the community and make it vulnerable to /pol/ users and other such scoundrels. Like half of Europe allows citizens to own hand guns, it's just more expensive for them. It's morally correct to hate Europeans, just hate them for one of the many factual reasons to hate them and stop making us look bad.
>>
Any good pistol caliber carbine rifle cheap scope recommendations that don't require a battery. I looking for one for my KUSA kp9 any recommendation here?
>>
File: 20240617_195823.jpg (2.63 MB, 4000x3000)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
So I recently bought my first handgun. I'm looking to get a good cleaning kit, glasses for the range, and ear protection. Anyone have suggestions on good brands or brands to avoid for any of the above?
>>
>>61950261
>make it vulnerable to /pol/ users
The Venn diagram of /k/ and /pol/ users is a donut.
>>
>>61950846
Glass, anything z87.1 ansi rated minimum if you are in america. For earprobit is 3m or walker. I suggest doubled up earpro for any indoor shooting. But some ear plugs and clean your ears out. For cleaning kits it is more about storage vs firing. I strongly suggest nano oil for long term storage. Rem oil and hopps for range day for quick oiling every 100 or so rounds. If you want something for internals you can't easily get to I suggest tetra and nano oil over.
>>
>>61951080
Thanks anon, I'll look into some of these. Planning on buying online tonight prolly
>>
>>61950411
Primary Arms SLx prism, maybe. Yes they has illumination, but it's an etched reticle so you can leave the battery out if you want.
>>
>>61950846
>ear pro
I like my Howard Leight Impact Sports a lot. It's fun hearing conversations at the range people think you can't hear lol. And they only take 2 AAAs. Use gun.deals to find a good price on them and buy online.
>>
>>61950846
Walker Razor PASSIVES, the blue tooth electronic headphones always have worse dB reduction ratings.

You get walker razor passive headphones then replace the ear cups with gel cups off amazon.
>>
>>61950943
Only a /pol/ scoundrel or new friend would think that.
>>
why the fuck does revolver ammo come in nickel-plated brass? the only advantage to coating the brass in nickel is to make it smoother and slipperier for autoloading guns to eject and cycle, why would this make a difference for a revolver?
>>
>>61952566
Buy another brand and stop being pedantic.
>>
>>61894566
How much play is acceptable in a revolver cylinder? Inherited my old man's model 586 and there's more movement than I'm comfortable with. Am I just being a bitch?
>>
>>61953841
5 millimeters
>>
File: scpe.jpg (687 KB, 1080x720)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
is it possible to torque scope rings wrong so that you run out of windage?
say you do one side first then the other, rather than doing an x pattern
>>
>>61952566
Nickel plating is seen as a premium product. It's a marketing move. It's shiny and pretty so the ammo must be better.
>>
>>61955149
Torque pattern has no effect on windage or elevation. The reason why you tighten in that pattern is to apply pressure evenly evenly to avoid accidentally causing damage to the scope and to make sure the scope doesn't move after you've installed it.
>>
How are diamondback ARs? I was looking at an AR10 from them and was curious how their quality was
>>
File: picture.png (817 KB, 927x658)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
What model of rifle is in this picture?
>>
>>61959756
What country would've been using these rifles if you have that information anon?
>>
File: dick.jpg (49 KB, 680x680)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Can someone please post the UFC fighter turning into a mobik in a golf cart webm?
tits in advance
>>
Don't see a reloading general up so I'll ask here - anyone ever load the 140gr interlocks in 6.5 creedmoor? Just bought a t3x ctr and put it in the mdt hnt26 chassis for a new hunting rig and shot some 143gr eld-m's I had with 41.5gr of H4350. I wanted to try the 129gr interlocks but the only store in my area that sells reloading supplies only had the 140s so I picked those up and loaded them yesterday. I'm assuming that same load should shoot pretty similar between the 140gr interlock and 143gr eld-m's.
>>
Which in your opinion would be more fun to mess around with?
>AK
or
>Sten
(Both semi-auto of course)
I’ve been planning on building an AK, but there’s definitely a part of me that thinks a Sten would be a ton of fun. Not to mention cheap 9mm.
>>
>>61894566
>Cyelee Wolf X Pro
dude it's all chinkshit
check red win or vector optics
all other "new" brands are oem of that with a slightly different design
>>
If you had the choose between a cap and ball revolver, muzzle-loading rifle/musket and a howdah pistol/musket (also cap and ball at best) what would you say is the most fun, accessible, or enjoyable option? Also, why would you say that?
(I have very limited options in terms of firearms due to my jurisdiction)
>>
Any good reccomends for a P365 laser light combo?
>>
>>61962899
For me, that’s a tough one. I have always had the most fun with shotguns and revolvers.
>muskets
I will say this- if you get a smoothbore musket, you CAN load it like a shotgun with a solid lead ball (basically a slug). Muskets are basically black powder shotguns.
However the down side is they’re expensive. You can get Indian ones from a site called “middlesexvillage” for around $700 (other options are around $1000) but it’s my understanding that you have to drill your own flash hole because laws.
>cap n ball
Cap n ball revolvers are fun, and the cheapest option but I absolutely HATE cleaning them. You’ve gotta get every nook and cranny so it doesn’t corrode.
If you get one, do not get a brass frame because they’re known to stretch from extended use with full power loads.
You CAN get conversion cylinders so you can load .38 Special or .45 LC, but keep in mind that the moment you put it in your revolver, it IS considered a firearm under federal law.
>conclusion
If it were me and I could do it again, I’d probably just go with a smoothbore musket, or maybe a percussion rifle (example an 1861 Springfield)
But at the end of the day it ultimately depends on what you want, because if you go with what someone else recommends, you’ll never be as happy with it as you could’ve been otherwise.
>>
>>61962899
>>61962964
Meant to say you can load it like a shotgun with shot, or a solid lead ball.
>>
>>61962899
I adore my muzzle loading firearms. I've got a Pietta Lemat, a Pedersoli Kodiak Express and a Brown Bess. if you are new to it, a cap lock is a much shallower learning curve than a flintlock. if you get multiple, get them all to accept the same cap size (like No. 11) so you only have to stock one kind. caps can also be a bastard to find, but you can also make your own with kits, which are pretty easy to do.
I think I enjoy my brown bess the most, you can shoot whatever you want out of it, from 12ga slugs to birdshot and patched round ball. and you can load it from paper cartridges, which is fun.
>>
Will opening beer bottles with mags (steel or plastic) damage the feed lips
>>
Why are hunting marketed semi autos such as the BAR and benelli R1 so complicated in take down and operation then every other semi auto on the market
>>
>>61959756
Arisaka Type 30 6.5mm
>>
>>61961509
No. Go back to /hm/
>>
>>61962460
Just stick to playing with your weewee kid
>>
>>61962902
No. Go to CTD and find whichever you like the look of. You'll never use your gun for it's intended purpose so it literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>61963398
>Is aluminum harder than steel
Anon....
>>
>>61963689
Think about that question for 5 minutes, if you can't figure it out then you don't need to own guns.
>>
>>61898756
You're not using your gun for it's intended purpose so it literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>61963976
>Bottle caps are made of aluminum
Anon.....
>>
>>61963689
>>61963981
It's obviously a safety mechanism to prevent animals from sabotaging hunters by disassembling their guns while they aren't looking
>>
>coworker says 45-70 gvt is hard to get
>find it in the first gun shoP I show up into
What a faggot.
>>
>>61964299
Most of them are. You could have googled that. Sorry I embarrassed you in front of the other anons.
>>61964333
Exactly, thank you.
>>61964546
Maybe he didn't check that store. Did you check other stores? It'd be pretty funny if that was the only store in y'all's town with them. Also, the fact that you came here to post that makes you a friendless faggot. Go talk to real people loser.
>>
>>61964625
To be fair he lives in a separate county. To play devil's advocate, he works in the county that the store exists in, and it's one of the most prominent stores in this county.
>>
>>61964631
Not quite what "to play devil's advocate" means. Kind of an unusual error, wonder if this is a bot.
>>
Bumping
>>61962460
>>
>>61964698
>anime girl poster
you got your answer brother, nobody's going to tell you how to become another statistic
>>
Cross linking my question, actually semi related to what the anons bellow is asking. >>61965445
I have range glasses but they're old and scratched up given I used to use them more for yard work than actual shooting also not nearly as nice even if they were brand new.

>>61950846
I dunno I just have one of those cheap Hoppes cleaning kits and plus a box of q-tips and it works just fine. Nice gun btw, had the chance to fire my friends Ruger 1911 in 9mm down range once and it was pretty pleasant.
>and ear protection.
I'd ask the anons in the Gear Queer thread, they'll be able to give you a lot more detailed advice.

Get more Wilson combat magazines I guess.

>>61951080
>Glass, anything z87.1 ansi rated minimum if you are in america.
I think what I'm looking at exceeds that (Leupold Sentinel). Thoughts?
>>
File: 1718155445211874.jpg (14 KB, 212x238)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>61962460
>>61964698
Just get parts kits of both but prioritize building the AK first since that's the more practical of the two.
>>
>>61965643
Refer to chart. If it is unmarked, I really don't trust then. Ansi z87 and en 166 are impact protection. If it is an extra code it usually is the extra feature.
>>
>>61966366
Also to be specific you want z87.1+/z87+ with x/l/u markings depending on use. You don't even need to buy one with most the markings. A majority of ranges already sell ones that are z87.1, 87+, and 87x or some combinations of them. 87.1 standard is a minimum of 8.5J
>>
>>61964649
It's a common expression. Pretty old one too.

Google is your friend.
>>
>>61964649
He used it correctly "someone who pretends, in an argument or discussion, to be against an idea or plan that a lot of people support, in order to make people discuss and consider it in more detail"

Are you a bot?
>>
>>61965659
Burgerbros, why haven't you voted this guy to the office yet?
His comedy is at least funny, unlike the orange man. Though admittedly that clown also had some great moments, like drink bleach to cure covid.
>>
>>61966366
>>61966420
Oh okay, looks like they meet the z87 standard then after all, I'm just retarded...
Plus I've seen plenty of videos of people shooting the things with spicy birdshot and still holding shape, albeit with some dents. Just in case I ever get Cheney'd I guess.

What other brands would you recommend other than Leupold if any?

>>61967282
Our choices are orange jew or hairy legs because.... JUST BECAUSE OKAY!
We aren't allowed to have a Constitutional respecting president for some reason, ESPECIALLY a LibertAryan one.
>Get Captcha: 2GAS
Lele lol
>>
I'm sure a romeo 5 is better but is it better enough to cost more than 2x this much?
(it would go on an M92 PAP)
>>
If one loads up some .45 LC rounds with black powder for a SAA (or SAA clone) how hard would it be to clean vs a cap n ball revolver?
>>
>>61969206
it's going to be pretty much the same, except the SAA doesn't break down quite as much. if you have a revolver where you can pull the arbor pin out, it'd be a lot easier.
>>
>>61969168
Idk everything about these, cyelee, and at3 look about the same. Built in china designed outside, good for pistol calibers not worth it outside that.
>>
>>61969168
Romeo 5 has shake awake and I don't think the one you posted does
That's probably the main tangible difference
>>
File: Flak_Jacket.jpg (219 KB, 1380x979)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>61894566
With the renewed realisation that artillery and explosives in general are the major threat in war, why arent there new flak jackets made?
>>
>>61970058
what do you think body armor is for?
>>
>>61970058
Even IIA armor is better than an old-school 'flak jacket'.
>>
Why do flecktarn pants cost like 2x what a shirt/jacket costs?
>>
Looking for F-35 EOTS footage .webm
Showed stupid amount of detail
>>
>>61970608
Are flecktarn pants a weapon anon? No? Then go back to your containment board /fa/ggot.
>>
>>61894566
I recently acquired an M&P sport 2 and a primary arms holo sun. I want to mount the holosun on top of a carry handle. Are there any picatinny mounts for carry handles that allow you to aim thru the carry handle's peep sight?
>>
Does anyone have screenshots of that German forum user who said he'd rather see his daughter get raped and murdered than legally allow people to kill in self defense?
>>
Are full autos actually as fun as they seem, or are they just a waste of ammo? Are there any real time practical uses even in a real life self defense scenario?
>>
>>61971845
The only people who think full auto is useless are people coping with the fact that they have never shot a gun in full auto. It absolutely shits on semi in close quarters, especially when shooting reflexively. And with training I'd you can easily land your shots on a man sized target at ~40 meters with something like an M4. Even machine pistols are useful, because you can use them for suppressive fire while you get away or get something bigger. See: SAS glovebox guns.
If you have something like an M249 or M240 it's an even more brutal mogging
>>
>>61971845
FA is super fucking fun, but it also loses its appeal fast. The first time you shoot a machine gun excitement is 10/10. The fifth time? Meh, I have more fun blasting clays with shotguns.
>>
>>61894566
>QTDDTOD
>questions that don't deserve their own dread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.