[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Heckler & Koch G3.png (96 KB, 803x230)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
Post models or other cad stuff you have or are working on

https://t.me/Galthrap
>>
File: ak-12.png (70 KB, 934x349)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>
>>61947436
Bump for muh nerds.
>>
>>
>>
File: 1688258509707796.jpg (1.02 MB, 4096x3072)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
bumpan
>>
I am learning Solid Edge and Freecad. Anyone has a nice set of beginner+ friendly blueprints so I can try to model and assembly a gun or other cool mechanism?
>>
>>61959921
I do, but I am not sure if a Colt Single Action is easy enough for you.
>>
>>
>>61962927
Post them anyways please.
>>
>>61965247
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6VywTnlROo&ab_channel=Waffenschmiedinx

This is the source I used, I cannot find the file right now that I made because the harddrive on which it is currently is not with me
>>
What is the point of these threads? No files ever get shared, only screenshots and a single telegram link
>>
>>61968755
It is not for freeloaders, I have exchanged several files with people and am very satisfied with the outcome.
>>
>>61968862
Why gatekeep cad files? How does this benefit you?

I’ve even offered to buy files from people in these threads and they refuse
>>
>>61969835
> gatekeep
The commie meeting is in another thread
>>
>>61969846
Read my post again, retard
>>
>>61969864
People will have their reasons
>>
File: cz evo.png (124 KB, 1178x653)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>
>>61947436
Post a fucking pdf or a file or something
>>
>>61972240
Post your member ID number of the Communist party
>>
>>61972258
I suppose it 3567249
>>
>>61968755
>>61972240
Since the gatekeeping retard won't post anything:
https://odysee.com/@TheGatalog-TechnicalDataPackages:c?view=home

I know /k/ doesn't like to hear this, but reddit is much better for this sort of stuff. People on FOsscad share designs, have tutorials, and in general are a much better community for cad and guns. Odysee has databases, and ctrl pew does also. TDPs/CAD really isn't /k/'s strong suite, unless some of this is on the ARK, which I haven't torrented so I'm not sure what's on it.
>>
>>61972740
Forgot. If you are feeling really adventurous, you can look around on Internet Archive for designs, I've found several. What I really want which I haven't found so far is a complete tdp for the mag 58 or any of its variants, all I can find is the bcg.
https://archive.org/details/folkscanomy_military
https://archive.org/details/folkscanomy_prepper
https://archive.org/details/paladin_press

>>61959921
Just focus on non gun designs till you feel confidant in your abilities, most TDPs for guns are old, and hard to read. Some are also in foreign languages.
>>
>>61968755
op just wants to grow his own collection without making the situation better for anyone else.
that's it.
it's a quite retarded waste of a thread that he just keeps making.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: image (70).png (253 KB, 1272x777)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>
File: Winchester 1910.png (54 KB, 1265x383)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>61972785
>better for anyone else.
For the person who does something for me, I will improve the situation. For you who comes to ride on my coattails nah man
>>
>>61972813
I don't wanna ride on your coat tails I want you to quit wasting everyone's time and just make it clear that this isn't a cad or gun design discussion thread, it's a thread so you can make money and get more files for your self

might as well just open a web store or something pajeet, this is not a place to shill your business while pretending to be a part of the community that you just want to extract value from
>>
>>61972848
I have 0 financial interests.
>>
>>61972859
that's cool you should start an odysse or grabcad account or something and start uploading them then
>>
>>61972871
It is file in exchange for file, it is that simple. You won't get free shit from me, get it out of your head.
>>
>>61972882
It just seems so bizarre to keep that mantra these days when everyone and their mother is putting files up online to share with others. It's a beautiful community and yet you care only for your own collection. That's probably why no one really bothers with you, it's very clear you are an outsider with no interest in the community
You are like the last jew on the internet or something
>>
>>61972906
Why would anyone go to this cunt when there are the same designs scattered across the internet. The selfish cunt needs to get off his high horse.
>>
File: AX50.png (239 KB, 1181x518)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>61972906
> It just seems so bizarre to keep that mantra these days when everyone and their mother is putting files up online to share with others
Typical attitude, take a look at what is mostly shared on Grabcad, it is 95% worthless shit made by Indians. This guy from Belgium who uploaded the MK556 and the MP5 simply has made people spoiled and entitled to free stuff. He created an utter monster with that. Getting the original drawings from the archives is bothersome and expensive. He must have really hated HK, I have no other explanation for this behavior
> That's probably why no one really bothers with you
How do you think it has gotten to be this large? Do you think I would do this if it were not working?
> You are like the last jew on the internet or something
You need to go back to pol nazbol
>>
>>61972772
>TDP
how many full TDP are actually floating around out there?
>>
File: M14 and TDP.jpg (171 KB, 1373x827)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>61973421
None.
>>
File: 101 - nc5P3oB.jpg (53 KB, 600x600)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>61973421
You can find the free ones on Odyssey but they usually are missing something, usually the manufacturing content. In general it is hard as hell to find ones outside of that, auction sides, internet forums, governmental archives if you are into older stuff.
I think the only one that might be actually complete that I have is the M1 Carbine. But since I did not have the time to fully sort it yet that is not sure either. Most of them were uploaded by a guy from Belgium shortly before or during the beginning of COVID IIRC and since then have been further spread via the Gatalog.
>>
>>61973430
ok but technically you don't *need* any but the product drawings.
>>
>>61973455
You kind of do. Certain parts have to be machined in a certaind direction or with a certain technique. Theres also other info like heat treating and allowable tolerances. One part may need .0001 accurate while another can be .001. Sure you could just have 3d models but you'd spend a massive ammount of time actually fitting things together
>>
>>61973555
For manufacturing, right. I was only thinking about the model.
>>
I don't get it, OP. Do you just have a collection of .step files from people who have reverse engineered their own firearms or something?

I have no interest in trading with you because I reverse engineer and design my own stuff and have a large enough collection of .step files, but I don't quite understand what it is you're offering. Just .step/CAD files made by randos who also reverse engineered their firearms and I need to believe their measurements are correct?

What's to say it isn't the typical, "Eh, this is ballpark" measurements you see on Grabcad?
>>
>>61975205
That is fine, I am also interested in talking about the software used and such. In the last thread there was a guy talking about his silencer project that was very interesting.
I am currently looking to convert a 3d scanned stl file to a NURBS based format.
> What's to say it isn't the typical, "Eh, this is ballpark" measurements you see on Grabcad?
It depends on the model, some are also made to their original drawings.
>>
>>61975298
Gotcha, so it's kind of a grab bag of quality. I know what kind of work goes into reverse engineering something so I don't hardcore hate people who gatekeep their work. I was more curious about your own archive than anything and how it was made.

>3d scan
That certainly would have made things easier for me back when I first started doing this years ago, but at this point it'd be a luxury for new guns I get. Still a pretty damn neat tool.
>>
>>61975346
Various quality levels, various sources, collected spare parts, exchange, self-made. The size of the archive is a couple hundred gb
> That certainly would have made things easier for me back when I first started doing this years ago, but at this point it'd be a luxury for new guns I get. Still a pretty damn neat tool.
Someone traded me an AR-18 in that condition and I want to fix it up
>>
* it is close to 1tb
>>
File: image (16).png (210 KB, 1332x759)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>
I’ll pay $100 for a full CAD model of a Benelli M4. I need accurate measurements to make some furniture for it.
>>
>>61976766
When i said that I have no financial interest I was not lying. It is my hobby, I am also genuinely interested in conversations about the topic too.

If you want that file get me the AR-50 from this Ben Roll guy. he has it.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-roll/
Given that the AR-50 is more expensive I even add something else on top.

Or this Browning Auto 5 from that French-speaking guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-vkzAPIQwA&ab_channel=JohnMosesBrowning

Alternatively, I am also open to offers of files (but no money)
>>
>>61947436
Hey man, what software are you using?
>>
>>61978783
Solidworks but there are different sub-projects that may require different stuff. Currently I am looking at tools that can convert mesh to nurbs.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.