[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: appendix-carry.jpg (211 KB, 848x477)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>risk blowing dick off
>risk blowing major artery in leg

how do people carry without paranoia?
>>
>>61967329
Many, many, more people drive in cars despite the risk of wrecks and that doesn't seem to bother people. In other words, people's ability to assess risk is very inconsistent. People take bigger risks every day and think nothing of it, and simultaneously they worry their ass off about things that are actually less dangerous.
>>
>>61967329
if ghosts can move furniture and open cabinets, they can pull your trigger
>>
>>61967339
Only if it's a Sig.
>>
>>61967348
Those go off even when ghosts aren't involved.
>>
File: howtoglockleg.jpg (35 KB, 667x367)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>61967372
A Glock has a half-cocked striker and firing pin safety, it's perfectly safe. As long as you ensure you're not retarded and using a bad holster made of leather
>>
>>61967329
I carry a scythe which doubles up as a walking stick then the ground is slippery so I have no such fears
>>
>>61967397
nta but this can be avoided by using a gun with ACTUAL safety features, not the bare minimum.
>>
Just don't carry with 1 in the chamber and practice a LOT of drawing and racking the slide in one motion to make it a habit.
>>
>>61967492
t. retard who uses leather holsters so he can distance himself from kydex 'tryhards'
>>
>>61967329
Don't carry SIG
simple as.
>>
>>61967329
>how do people carry without paranoia?
Try carrying a gun cocked with an empty chamber if it worries you. Then wait X number of days to find out the trigger never goes off by itself
>exception to Sig and Taurus
Also get a good Kydex holster made specifically for your gun, not something that fits multiple things
>unless it's literally the same gun design, e..g Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, etc.
Keep your holster clean
Kydex cause it doesn't warp
>oh and don't leave it on your dashboard in the sun during the summer cause it will warp
Most importantly, pay very close attention every time you holster, even if you know i'ts empty. Keep your shirt well out of the way when you holster too
>gun design choices you can consider for extra peace of mind:
>DA/SA gun
Heavy DA trigger means you're less likely to have the trigger depress accidentally
>Decocker
It is practically impossible for any modern gun design to be able to fire if the firing pin/striker is not cocked at all.
1911s are a possible exception to this, but that's another story
Moving on:
>Thumb safety
Obvious, right? But presents a training issue, or you can use it to just holster, then disengage it, if possible.
>External hammer (with DA)
Keep your thumb on the hammer, if the trigger starts to depress your thumb will feel it
>>
>>61967630
Glocks have gone off in kydex holsters as well, and then idiots like you shift the goalposts again. The whole point of a safety is to stop pulling the trigger from firing the firearm. If something pulling the trigger defeats your "safety," it isn't one.
>>
>>61967670
>The whole point of a safety is to stop pulling the trigger from firing the firearm
That's a stupid and simplistic definition. Many guns can go off if they are dropped even though the trigger isn't pulled. Why do you want to restrict the definition of a "safety" to only apply to trigger pulls?
>>
>>61967329
Carrying a modern DA/SA gun with firing pin block that works
>>
Empty chamber, don't go for a quickdraw.
Find cover or just a more advantageous position in general depending on the situation, not that anyone can really plan when they're going to need to shoot. But I think there are quite a few shootouts even with police where both sides magdump and no one is hit, so move quickly, prepare your gun, then aim more carefully.
>>
>>61967712
Carrying a empty gun is carrying a fucking paper weight
>>
>>61967689
Because that's the only kind of safety relevant to a discussion about preventing the firearm from going off by pulling the trigger, whether it is pulled by a leather holster or a shirt's hem.
>>
>>61967811
>Because that's the only kind of safety relevant to a discussion
Yeah, but you sound like an idiot when you claim there's no such thing as a drop safety, therefore nobody is going to listen to you.
>>
>>61967329
That's not a sig p320
For real though you're an idiot bitch and know nothing about holsters, guns, or retention.
>>
>>61967692
or just a modern DA/SA with the hammer down.
>>
>>61967827
Okay sophist.
>>
>>61967850
Cocked and locked is perfectly fine with a modern DA/SA gun
Personally I use a decocker only Beretta 92G LTT Elite and carry it always chambered, hammer down.
You're retarded if you don't carry chambered anyways
>>
>>61967329
Gun safeties were solved a century ago.
>>
>>61967867
yeah, thats what I am saying. CZ75 PCR, load it and just drop the hammer then put it in a kydex holster. You could be in a horrific 90 mile an hour car accident and pull a gorillion g's and have the gun fly 200 yards and it wouldnt go off.
>>
>>61967868
Tell that to SIG lmao
>>
>>61967329
if you are retarded you don't worry
>>
>>61967329
if I shoot myself in the cock, the arterial bleed better kill me or im going to kill myself anyway. why worry about it it if the end result is instant death
>>
>>61967329
Why don't they make the front of pistol holsters out of a couple dozen layers of kevlar or s-glass to catch any negligent discharges?
>>
>>61967329
You get a DA/SA pistol and never have to worry about this for the rest of your life
>>
>>61967329
i pocket carry unchambered. though i could carry with the hammer uncocked as well since i carry a single action pistol. oh and all of that is without even relying on or thinking of the mechanical safety.
>>
>>61967329
This shit has got to be the most white collar gun phobia I've ever heard of. Have people never used power tools or utility equipment? Never been around machine shops or processing plants? What existence do these people live? Hell my Jesus blessed down syndrome cousin crushes cardboard 2 hours a day and he is one sneeze away from losing an arm during those 2 hours. You have to be some kind of fucked up to worry about shooting yourself on a draw.
>>
>>61967329
10 lb trigger.
>>
>>61967329
1. Don't have the cheapest shitass holster or a floppy leather one.
2. Practice drawing and reholstering at home with an empty gun. Keep your finger out of the trigger guard and drill till it feels as natural as buttoning a shirt.
3. Trigger time with your carry gun(s) until you aren't worried about it going off.
4. Use the same one or two carry guns, don't cycle through a ton of different ones with different features/safeties/actions/triggers. Example: my EDC is a Glock 23 and I take an LCP to the gym/running, nothing else.
5. Carry the same WAY as often as possible. Same side, same type of holster, etc. Whether it's cocked & locked, empty chamber, loaded chamber, half cock, whatever, you should never have a millisecond of doubt what state it's in. Personally, I carry guns that don't have a safety and keep one in the chamber. But it's consistent 100% of the time and I practice drawing that way.
>don't carry a Sig
>>61967348
>>61967667
>>61967845
>>61967885
>>
>>61967329
By not carrying a SIG or Glock
>>
I carry by putting it behind me, that way If it goes off the bullet will go between my ass cheeks instead of my leg or balls.
>>
>>61967329
I don't get it. There's nothing wrong with 4 o'clock.
>>
>>61967339
Fuck ghosts! They're gonna have to chamber a round first then pull my trigger.
>>
>>61967329
I don't care about shooting myself in the dick, I just don't understand how folks carry appendix all day. I tried for a month and nearly every day I had to take it off because it was that uncomfortable. Went 4 o' clock and haven't looked back.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=8wurWgLr1JA
Put condoms on your gun to catch stray bullets
>>
File: 1611088791035.png (145 KB, 296x306)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>61967329
I carry cocked and locked in a kydex holster because I'm not a fucking retard
>>
>>61967329
just carry it in your hand
>>
>>61967720
It’s worse than carrying a paperweight. A paperweight is a lot less likely to get you shot by someone else.
>>
>>61967712
>Find cover or just a more advantageous position

That's a good way to get a murder charge. You aren't law enforcement, unless you are shooting in defense of others or stopping a armed robbery, retreating away to where you aren't being pursued and then chambering a round to reengage is how you get yourself charged.

Just keep walking away from the person.
>>
File: Barami Hip Grip.jpg (61 KB, 880x660)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>61967329
You do it every day and somewhere along the line you forget about it. Before you know it it's 30 years later and you never shot your dick off.
>>
>>61967712
Worst advice ITT.
>>
>>61967329
>>risk blowing dick off
My pp is too small so it wont get hit
>>
File: 20230206_205502.jpg (177 KB, 777x1068)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>61967329
It works best if you don't have a dick.
>>
>>61967329
DA exposed hammer in a proper holster
>>61967338
To be fair I'd rather burn to death in a car wreck than shoot my penis off
>>
File: 1661284544661587.gif (1.89 MB, 728x408)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>61970798
>unless you are shooting in defense of others or stopping a armed robbery
Is that not what we're discussing?
If you're anticipating a quickdraw from being held up at gunpoint, there's just not a whole lot of options.
Or are you pretending to be the police of your own description, walking up to someone you pulled over and expecting to quickdraw as they turn in their car to start shooting at you?
What is the scenario that you are envisioning that needs this kind of silliness.
>>
>>61967670
>Glocks have gone off in kydex holsters as well
When?
>>
>>61967668
>Most importantly, pay very close attention every time you holster, even if you know i'ts empty. Keep your shirt well out of the way when you holster too

I just avoid that situation entirely and take the holster out of my pants, point it in a safe direction to reholster.
>>
>>61967712
this is the single dumbest thing I've read this year so far
>>
>>61967329
ok
>>
>>61967329
so now you're a sniper?
>>
>>61967492
>ACTUAL safety measures
The glock has multiple. It's part of why they're so popular.
>>
File: glawkballs.png (623 KB, 800x720)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
>>61971253
>When
When a retard gets something in the holster that can depress the trigger.
>>
>>61971697
True. But seeing as it happened to a retard, nothing of value was lost. In fact, it could be argued that it was a net gain for posterity.
>>
>>61971731
Glocks are bad because the lack of safety means anyone can yank it from you and be ready to use it with a pull of the trigger.
>>
>>61972133
>obese cop using a leather holster instead of a retention holster
what a dumb boomer retard
>>
>>61972133
Anyone can put their own gun to the back of your head any time they like if you're paying that little attention. If you want to cover retarded edge cases, you're going to have to ban guns. And cars, and power tools, and bricks.
>>
>>61971697
it's MECHANICALLY impossible unless the kydex was so fucking thin it could flex into the trigger guard and depress not only the safety on the trigger (weird angle for part of your leg or pants to stick so far into) but the trigger itself enough to go off

>>61972133
idk like don't get disarmed maybe faggot lmao?
>>
>>61971697
I fucking knew you were going to post that video. That's not in the holster, that's something catching the modified trigger as it's going into the holster. The only modern handgun I know of that has gone off inside a holster is a p320. This video can also be avoided entirely by taking out the holster before putting the gun in it.
>>
>>61971286
I take off my pants with my holster, then reholster into my pants in a safe direction, then put my pants back on. It’s safer than fiddling with a holster with a loaded gun in it
>>
File: stron.jpg (252 KB, 1800x1200)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>61967329
I'd prolly go with something like this if I was carrying on me
>>
>>61973579
can you be 100% sure it won't go off in the store waiting line or when your mom's making thanks giving dinner?
>>
>>61973591
I don't carry a Sig, so yeah.
>>
>>61973126
>gone off inside a holster
Better to say "when properly holstered".
Idiots are really fucking creative, I'm sure somebody's managed to leg himself with a DAO service revolver.
>>
>>61967329
I carry a Beretta 92, so I don't have to worry. Sucks to suck OP
>>
>>61973126
>>61974414
Doesn't matter, a manual safety would have prevented this from happening if it were engaged. The lengths strikershitters go...
>>
>>61974574
>if it were engaged
See "properly holstered". Everything works when it works and doesn't when it doesn't. It's perfect;y possible to knock a manual safety off and not notice if you're the kind of mouth breather that Glocks himself.
>>
File: FR8PoYWXIAANoLi.jpg (255 KB, 947x816)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>61967329
Looks like 1911?

1 in the tube and hammer back safety on. So what is wrong?
>>
>>61974747
Still one more point of failure before the gun fires compared to safetyless guns. And as long as the safety is on I don't have to worry about the consequences of improper holstering too much.

Also broadly speaking, people tend to say good holsters make safetyless guns safer. But a gun doesn't spend all its time inside a holster. Does that mean a gun without a manual safety is more dangerous whenever its outside a proper holster? I shouldn't have to buy another thing just to make my gun safer when I can just flick a switch instead.
>>
>>61974883
>one more point of failure
>I don't have to worry about the consequences
Until your shitty leather holster flicks the safety off and your 2lb trigger touches a stray pube, and you don't notice because you have a safety so you're safe.
You are now the improved idiot that makes idiotproofing impossible.
>>
>>61967329
Don't carry a nigger gun, get a beretta and use the safety.
>Glock niggers go away
>>
>>61971193
I'd take a shot penis over a gasoline-burned one. At least it's quick.
>>
>>61974414
They said "gone off inside a kydex holster" implying that it was inside a holster and went off despite being handled perfectly. I didn't come up with that.
>>61974574
Also wouldn't happen if they didn't point the gun at their nuts while reholstering so it does matter.
>>61974883
>point of failure
Isn't a safety one more point of failure when drawing and firing? Which is kind of the more important part for a firearm? I just don't get that if a handgun is safe in a proper holster and when I point it at my target I don't want it to be safe, why we need to cover the small amount of time between the holster and aiming. Especially when you're probably flicking the safety off at some point during this time which still opens you up for an ND ala Tex Greener.
>>
>>61967338
Yeah but you don't drive while doing something else as a focus.
You might briefly look away or divert your attention (and even that is technically illegal road behavior), but anyone driving is going to be spending that time paying at least the majority of their focus on handling the vehicle and avoiding danger.

When you're carrying, you're not paying that kind of attention (unless you're paranoid like OP says). You're putting yourself at a low risk of a high hazard, and then not paying attention to the risk.
>>61967329
Get a good gun that's considered to be appendix carriable with minimal risk.
Get a good holster that's designed to support carry and prevent this ND's. Not a cheap holster, not an old-fashioned holster, a modern one with a modern design and modern safety standards. Ideally, one designed to be compatible with the gun you have.
Carry without having one in the chamber because that mitigates practical risk, and highly reduces overall risk.
Consider getting a pocket pistol to put in a jacket pocket instead.
Consider changing carry position to the 4 o clock position which has reduced hazard.

There are many ways to reduce hazard and risk. Ultimately I still advocate for not carrying if you don't have a genuine reason to think you'll need to use it, but anons can do what they want.
>>
>>61975888
>I still advocate for not carrying if you don't have a genuine reason to think you'll need to use it
Retarded or black (and therefore also retarded)?
>>
>>61972133
Open carrying without an active retention holster is crazy
>>
>>61975888
If you think you'll need it then don't go. You can't pick where something bad will happen.
>>
>>61973579
Nice. Now just move somewhere where the temp doesn't get above 70 degrees so you can always wear a jacket.
>>
>>61975936
Anon it's common sense. If you come from O-block, stay strapped or get clapped is very literal, but realistically a lot of people itt will never have to, or get the chance to, fire a CCW in their lives. If you are one of those people, habit carrying a CCW may actually be harmful for you, both in the extra hassles it may cause, and in how the weight (or its absence) can determine self-confidence or personal security.
>>61976524
Correct, when talking about a specific situation.
I more meant in general life and lifestyle.
There is a certain risk of a situation requiring a CCW. It is not very big at all, but some people will have a bigger one than others. For some it will be an insignificant chance not worth considering (where I'd then recommend not habit carrying, at least on your person), and for others it will be a small but still significant risk, due to the high hazard. In those cases, I advise carrying.
You should always have a gun in your car however. Preferably something with a brace or a stock.
>>
>>61967339
THIS
>>
>>61976705
>go to places you think you have a good chance of getting into a gunfight
>common sense
Mup da do didda gub ho, muhfugen bix nood.
>>
>>61976705
>Car guns
I see this meme constantly, and I've still never heard of anyone actually using one for anything other than fucking up a cop trying to give you a speeding ticket.
>>
>>61976816
there's a video of that guy accidentally driving into a protest during the great 2020 chimpout and people trying to drag him out of the car. He used a pistol in the car to blast some faggot pointing an AK at him and managed to get out of dodge. Not sure if that counts as a car gun tho
>>
>>61976705
>the habit of CCW may be harmful to you
Literally how? You know what maybe you shouldn't be carrying.
>>
>>61967329
if you are constantly paranoid over things that won't happen, you should not be owning or carrying a gun in the first place
>>
>>61967329
When I first started to carry, I thought to be extra safe and carry safety on and empty chamber. After about 2 weeks I realized that was fucking stupid. Have a good holster and don't be an idiot. I now carry a cocked and locked as God intended.

My biggest paranoia now is that some yuppy antigunner will see it and freak out, making a scene. But the worry about accidently shooting yourself? Non-existent.
>>
>>61967329
My carry gun has a manual safety. I replace the firing pin spring every couple months. It's not that hard.
>>
>>61967329
Locked and uncocked, simple as.
>>
>>61974883
>I don't have to handle my gun safely because the safety switch does it for me
you're the same type of retard who will point your gun at other people and say "don't worry the safety's on", aren't you?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.