[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4988.jpg (2.43 MB, 4032x3024)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
I know it’s not a weapon but I had a question. A few years ago I went to a wedding with my wife because her best friend was getting married. She didn’t have a dad but her uncle who loved her like one was gonna hand her away. Well this guy was a Colonel back in the day and we struck it up pretty good. We talked about life, Politics and everything about the human machine and the past and future of everything. Things got deep between when I brought up my mother passing away only a few years prior. To make a long story short I guess he was a cool guy and before he left he brought me aside and shook my hand and left without another word. He gave me this coin which I thought was cool. Thing is super heavy. It was a very nice gift I’d personally never had someone hand something like this to me before let alone a gift.Today I was reminiscing and I took out the coin. I thought to myself…… wait why did he have a coin with his rank on it? That’s random. Or is it? Any Vets have an idea?
>>
>>61974729
It's a challenge coin. Guy must have really took a shine to you.
>>
>>61974729
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin
>>
File: IMG_4545.jpg (641 KB, 1170x1834)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
>>61974729
Hate to kill the vibe but that’s like the most basic bitch challenge coin you can buy from the PX.
>>
>>61974767
The value of the coin is not monetary.
>>
>>61974740
>>61974750
Oh wow…. I need to get in contact with him I really do miss that convo he was a good guy.
>>61974767
Eh no worries this thing is priceless to me it’s just him giving me anything like this is amazing and a honor.
>>
>>61974789
Yeah but if a colonel is bowling around with a basic bitch coin, he is just looking for an excuse to give it out to someone. If he was really worth anything he would have a custom one or at least a unit one.
>>
>>61974815
what a shitty outlook on life
>>
>>61975073
Hey don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just telling it how it is.
>>
Do we now post challenge coins? I have a Pearl of Great Price.
>>
>>61975122
No, you are jaded and projecting how you feel about life because you lack camaraderie and ingroup cohesion.

Obviously, this man takes his rank seriously and uses coins as tools to help inspire someone. You may think it’s petty, but what you really are demonstrating your own lack of pride and sense of leadership.
>>
>>61975187
Bromeo I used coins all the time to inspire people, our until had a load of our custom challenge coins, I loved giving them out to people and we had more than enough. We worked with basic trainees and AIT students so it was amazing handing them out something unique.

Handing out PX challenge coins is the most basic boot thing you can do.
>>
>>61975187
>what you really are demonstrating your own lack of pride and sense of leadership.
This is more of a skewering than a burn. A laser guided munitions precision strike.

>>61975122
Nope. Burnered at the stake, like Joan of Arf, pally.
>>
>>61974767
Kek
>>
>>61975187
>t. Grovels at the Sergeant Major's feet for a handshake and challenge coin
>>
>>61974815
Custom maybe. Giving out a unit coin to someone who didn't join or train with your unit always stuck me as wrong.
>>
>>61975122
These dudes are shit talking you, but everyone who's been in knows challenge coins are pretty worthless trinkets unless you get one directly from somebody cool.
>>
>>61975157
What's the point of challenge coins anyway? I once heard they were used as some sort of "who pays for the drinks" game among .mil -- something like if two people who were supposed to have a particular coin went out for drinks, and one pulled out his coin and the other didn't have his with him, the loser paid for the round.
>>
>>61977363
Senior leaders just give them out as commemorative prizes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.