[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SMILEYDRONE.jpg (4 KB, 134x123)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
in these small drones.

I am seeing devastating payloads being delivered by Very small drones.
is this some sort of shit that Ash Dugan is talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/@duganashley1337/videos
>>
File deleted.
>>61975439
Are you talking about those videos of FPV drones causing turret tosses?
Anti-tank FPV drones carry a shaped charge munition (usually a pg-7) and the jetstream from the munition strikes the fuel and/or ammo, inducing a cookoff.
>>
>>61975549

Like the small drones hitting soldiers and doing crazy amounts of concussion damage. Like not even shrapnel level. Full on complete compromise of the Human Torso through all gear and armor.
>>
>>61975824
>>61975439
Standard explosives. TNT, RDX, Comp B etc. The average 40mm UBGL has maybe 30 grams HE. The average hand grenade has 60-180grams.
FPVs are typically carrying 300-800 grams HE.
>>
>>61975439
>High explosives cases a lot of damage
No shit nigga!
>>
>>61975845
>What explosive is being used

reaaaaaad "WHAT"
its a question.

Which ONE was being asked.
fuckin crayon eatin buttmuncher
>>
>>61975824
The anti-personnel charges those FPVs carry usually are homemade (most of the time 3D printed), this allows the builder to add very high, sometimes dangerous levels of HE, often containing a pound of HE.
>>
>>61975439
>homebrew explosive touched off by a contact fuse
They tell you not to use more than 1lb of tannerite, and that’s a relatively weak binary explosive
Do you really believe that a half pound of Comp B like fourteen inches from you won’t instantly vaporize body parts? Frankly I’m usually surprised at the lack of damage sometimes.
>>
>>61975887
I'm pretty sure any amount of HE is dangerous if it hits you directly.
>>
>>61975887
This. Conventional grenades, shells and bombs have relatively thick casing that takes up weight and space. The Ukies redesigned the bombs to have very thin walls to increase the payload. The trade off is less safety BUT drones are unmanned so it doesn't matter too much.
>>
File deleted.
>>61975926
A standard grenade won't turn you into puppy chow like an FPV drone.
>>
I'm seeing shit that will turn you "literally" inside out. I wanna say its Semtex strength but i mean i just dont know.

Its something up that alley.
>>
>>61975439
>is this some sort of shit that Ash Dugan is talking about
no, he mostly does primary explosives stuff, which make garbo bombs because they have low specific energies.
>>
>>61975439
OP, where did you get that image? I used to have one of those (Angry Birds edition) and want to get another.

As far as your question goes, a lot of them are using RPG-7 warheads. The more improvised ones are probably TNT melted out of TM-62 mines. TNT melts at about 80C, so it's pretty trivial to use a hot water bath to melt it and pour it into another container such as a 3D-printed shell for a drone munition. No open flame needed, just an electric hot plate and a saucepan.
>>
>>61976327
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her weight, or a Bakhmut dog what it ate for dinner.
>>
File: jaxaamg2tix51.jpg (32 KB, 809x611)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>61975439
Can those shitty RC helicopters be weaponized? Would be funny to watch some rooskie sniper get taken out by one.
>>61977275
pic related
>>
>>61977316
>send the next wave *heavy breath*

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.