[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Which gun is the best for opening padlocks?
>>
Two flat wrenches
>>
>abussy
>>
>>61977978
50 caliber desert eagle
>>
Abus locks are high quality ones. The container is usually weaker, just saw through that with a hacksaw.
>>
12mm shotgun
>>
>>61977978
You'll probably want two. Just to be sure.
>>
>>61977978
honestly a set of picks and an afternoon of practice will get you through 90+% of consumer padlocks. it's not nearly as hard as you think and is a handy and impressive skill.
>>
>>61977978
A set of bump keys and jiggler keys will pop a fair amount of consumer pin and tumbler locks. Additionally, a shove tool, doorjamb tool, and similar implements can allow one to bypass a lock. Failing that, standard lockpicks will do the trick in the hands of someone with practice.
Firefighters generally use Halligan tools to gain entry, and soldiers use fairly standard 12ga shotguns to the hinges or lock areas.
>>
File: works also as a mace.jpg (100 KB, 800x800)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>
>>61977978
A suppressed PP7 should do the trick
>>
>>61978409
>and is a handy and impressive skill
Ever get you laid?
>>
>>61978492
It let me bypass your mum's back door
>>
>>61977978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1g7aCXi7A
>>
>>61978492
I'm married, but not because I know how to pick basic locks.
>>
>>61978409
Dogshit locks, maybe.
Even a 100 year old abloy lock is beyond the ability of a beginner lockpicker.
Sure you'll pick it someday but you'd have cut through the lock with power tools in minutes.
>>
>>61979110
>Dogshit locks, maybe.
The VAST MAJORITY of consumer locks (padlocks, door locks, etc) are dogshit.
Locks can only buy time.
Locks only stop honest people.
>>
>>61977978
breaching rounds are not exactly high-tech
>>
>>61979110
>abloy lock
Those are pretty good. They're not unpickable, but you'd need quite a bit of patience, a steady hand and special tools. Chances are pretty good the criminal will just go elsewhere or break a window to get in.
In either case, I'd say the lock did its job.
>>
>>61977978
I usually just use my cock.
>>
>>61979110
>Even a 100 year old abloy
Abloy is a massive brand that includes everything from cheap POses to very high end. A protec2 is virtually impossible to pick. Some basic model from years ago? Lol. You couldn't possibly be more vague.

>>61978409
If you're specifically wanting to target padlocks the majority can be shimmed and that's even faster than picking.

>>61979146
This is very true in the USA. It's less true in Europe where there are stricter legal standards. US locks are all kinds of bizzare. My favorite exmaple is to look at different Master padlocks, there is just no logic there. They have some huge models like the No. 15, no. 19, etc. These are physically very strong but the core inside is terrible: only 4 pins, none of them are special, and they have the infamous master lock sloppiness that even a noob can pick easily. Then you can compare it to one of their plastic-bodied "lockout tagout" locks. Those aren't even made for real security and yet they usually have a 6-pin core equipped with anti-bump pins. The former is a PITA to mechanically cut but is easily picked. The latter is actually a bit of a challenge to pick though the plastic body could easily be defeated.
>>
>>61979146
>>61979571
Funniest ones are from master lock. If you watched LPL youll realize how dogshit they are. Just stick the wiggly stick in and wiggle a bit
>>
>>61979587
>Funniest ones are from master lock
Yes, I just mentioned those specifically in my post. I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me about them.

>LPL
Billvista was better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.