[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are their any countries trying to develop technology to fix the issue of drone swarms well and truly? It seems like as of now Modern SHORAD, even the best of them like Iron dome and Skynex are still vulnerable to low and slow flying kamikaze drones...
This is how I see it:
>Missiles are expensive and limited
>Bullets do not have enough range or precision
>EW isn't completely reliable
How would any military stop them from eventually getting through!?
>>
>>61979383
we need a german Flak88 with manpads and microwaves glued onto it
is that cost effective enough?
>>
>>61979420
No, we need a 80 ton tank with a 155mm autoloading cannon for long range and two 40mm point defence bofors
>>
>>61979439
and a 50 cal for point point defence
>>
File: so_good.png (66 KB, 659x609)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>61979439
>a future where artillery weapons also operate as an air defence battery
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 313x161)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>61979455
>>61979439
it already exists
>>
>>61979383
High caliber airburst shells would make short work of any drone swarm.
>>
>>61979383
How did we deal with enemy aircraft? By having our own aircraft intercept them. No, SAMs were only the last line of defence. Similarly, we need drones to intercept enemy drones, preferably far from their targets.
>>
>>61979455
You will live to see the development of counter-counter battery fire.
>>
>>61979383
You're now aware of CHAMP, MORPHIUS and Epirus.
>>
>>61979823
>HARM Guided 155mm

Why is this not a thing?
>>
>>61981899
Too small and not maneuverable enough. On the other hand, anti-ratiation missiles have seen service on the surface launchers, those include the naval RIM-8 Talos from Vietnam era and the Standard ARM that Israelis mounted on ground vehicles in the late 70s.
>>
>>61979383
Here's your solution, bro. Now tell me, am I retarded as fuck or am I on to something?
>>
>>61979473
Germany is making SupCom real, god bless them. Literally just need to add a shell cam and it becomes a Lobo.
>>
>>61979383
You counter them with bigger and meaner aircraft. Literally anything manned can outfight a drone in the skies, even a helicopter that otherwise has no business in a dogfight.
>>
>>61983633
Leaf screens in front of every poi sounds expensive, thats a lot of fans to keep the leaves alof
>>
>>61979383
Lol. Himars but with high density shotshell. 12 gauge but on steroids compatible with rotary cannons. But cheaper to produce in theory.

>Counter the swarm of bees with angrier smaller bees.
>>
>>61979383
Just put AI-controlled AA machinegun turrets everywhere, firing bird shot rounds.

It'll clap the drones easily enough, and the pigeons too.
>>
>>61979420
Have you heard about the flakpanzer gepard? It’s one of my favorite assault guns in Wargame: Red dragon. Apparently it’s supposed to be an AA gun or something, have to do some more research tho.
>>
>>61983901
How about mosquitos?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.