[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0767.jpg (490 KB, 996x718)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
Recently, Russia has been performing assaults on Ukrainian trench lines using motorcycles and ATVs. They first suppress the defenders with artillery, then rush the trenches. The motorcycles are able to get through minefields by spotting surface mines more easily than AFV crews, and by driving in the tracks left by previous assaults. Barbed wire would probably prevent this tactic from working, but setting up wire while under drone surveillance is impractical.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2024/04/12/ukraine-teams-ancient-and-modern-weapons-to-stop-russian-trucks/

However, Ukraine has been using caltrops to interdict Russian logistics. These caltrops seem to provide a hard counter to these motorcycle rushes. Simply use drones to scatter them maybe 100-200 meters in front of your trenchlines, and motorcycle assaults impractical.

Is this a good idea?
>>
>However, Ukraine has been using caltrops to interdict Russian logistics. These caltrops seem to provide a hard counter to these motorcycle rushes. Simply use drones to scatter them maybe 100-200 meters in front of your trenchlines, and motorcycle assaults impractical.
then
>Is this a good idea?
how did you write that? how could you possibly make a thread where you answer your own question before you even ask it?
just
stop
posting
>>
>>61981083
I’m bringing it up to the forum for consideration?
>>
>>61981083
Faggot. I bet you imagined clapping between those words like the mental gorilla you are.
>>
>>61981060
Yes, it's a good idea, but motorcycle assaults are such a dumb idea that maybe it would have been better to just allow Russia to keep making as many of them as they want
>>
>>61981060
>Is this a good idea?
well it seems like they're working as intended so I'm gonna say no
>>
File: Religion1.jpg (279 KB, 800x600)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>61981060

It'd work in some ways but if they're military then they are likely puncture proof/full of tire goo so they won't deflate quickly.

IMO turning 180* from the enemy and marching back to mow down your blocking teams is the better tactic for survival.
>>
>>61981269
What are you even talking about? What relevance does that map have to anything? And the vehicles being used for motorcycle assaults are civilian dirt bikes and Desertcross ATVs, not wheeled AFVs.
>>
>>61981060
For an air dropped munition that particular caltrop isn't very weight optimized imo.
>>
>>61981304

Oh the map shows which regions of the Ukraine supported different churches. AKA the ones that broke away are ethnically/culturally Russian and also part of the Russia church.

This is why after the western backed coup preceding the war, they also went after the church.

Also thanks for the information. If they're civilian vehicles then it should work a bit but the work around is just tire goo. I'm sure they'd have drones over the engagement zones watching for people running out to throw caltrops.

Caltrops would be best in the entrances to forification and roads in the city/towns. I'd make MUCH more finer caltrops that could go into boots. At worst you'd make a lot of people very insecure about walking. At best might stall a group for awhile due to injuries/soft vehicle breakdowns.
>>
File: rise_mousse_climber.jpg (250 KB, 1200x800)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
> enduro / cross bikes
> not running puncture proof Mosses for ext traction
> not running thick, stiff-walled tires that can be ridden even when damaged
They'd have to be really stupid to run something else than the standard parts proven to survive tough race environments. IMHO it would be worth the effort to install this even if they got only flimsy chinese adventure bikes.
>>
>>61981310
Probably optimised for manufacturing time with basic tools. Cut triangles, cut slots, dab with the welder, next batch.
>>
File: 1715641887416373.jpg (77 KB, 891x558)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>61981340
>They'd have to be really stupid
>>
>>61981340
What on Earth would make you think the Russian military has money for something like that?
>>
>>61981355
It's laser cut.
I could make the same design for the same price with the same materials and manufacturing technique for 1/2 the weight.
Hire me.
>>
>>61981200
>>61981153
cordially kill yourself and stop posting forever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.