[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3913.jpg (29 KB, 650x975)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>barely more effective than a literal sharpened stick
>long awkward gangly 7ft tall Pos that you can’t even fight indoors with
>easily snaps or breaks due to weak wood construction and retarted leverage generated
>limited to one thrust attack
>probably will get grabbed by the enemy or the point will get caught on something on return thrust
>literally only used because warlords or kings were too cheap to properly equip their militaries for sacrificial peasant wave assaults

The idea that spears are some inherently superior weapon to any other melee weapon is the most retarted meme I’ve ever heard. It’s the equivalent of retards in 1000s of years saying mosin nagants were better than sub machine guns because they were fielded more and had longer range.
>>
yeah
>>
>>61981508
>It’s the equivalent of retards in 1000s of years saying mosin nagants were better than sub machine guns because they were fielded more and had longer range.

But that’s true, a group with mosins could eliminate a group with SMGs before they even got close enough to threaten them. Same with the spear if I drive it through your chest while you’re way too far to effectively swing a sword I also have the superior weapon

>can’t use indoors

Right because historical melee battles featured house breaching and clearing

Retard. Castles were also engineered to give defenders advantages and choke points and were built around spears denying access via narrow passages.
>>
>>61981508
If it's so shitty how about I poke you with one.
>>
>barely more effective than a literal sharpened stick
a sharpened stick is pretty effective but this can also cut, be thrown effectively (front heavy) go through gambeson and mail with enough force, especially with the speed and weight of a galloping horse behind it, one way or another
>>
File: staff.webm (884 KB, 640x380)
884 KB
884 KB WEBM
>>61981508
>limited to one thrust attack
Its a knife on a hardwood shaft, smacking someone with a hardwood shaft is a good way to break some bones and/or kill them.
>>
>>61981796
*parry’s your awkward thrust into slices your head clean off with superior hand and a half sword*
>>
>>61981508
https://youtu.be/9cwA8xxPG64?si=IorzU74lVG5m_Yss
>>
>>61981508
Did you think that war is about one on one fights? War is about logistics. It is simply easier and cheaper to train and equip more spearmen than any other kind of troops. You can make more spears than swords using the same amount of iron. Training spearmen only requires group discipline and cohesion. To use the spear, simply point it at the enemy.
>>
>>61981508
One good spearman can defend well against 2 good swordsman, as many experiments have proved, can even check youtube for some demo on that.
>>
stirrups are the most overrated military technology, spears are probably the most underrated
>>
>>61982493
based
i have a spear in my bedroom too
>>
>>61983047
>stirrups are the most overrated military technology
Bingo. Heavy Lancers have been a thing since the early iron age
>>
>>61981508
>so bad that Alexander conquered everything by using them
Idiot
>>
>>61981508
For the same metal it takes to make 100 swords you can make 1000 spears [Not exact but you get the idea] second to that the spear is the quickist weapon to master, furthermore the spear and the club are the two most effective weapons to be used without training.
I can hand a spear to some peasant and say "stick 'em" and he will know exactly what to do, step forward and thrust.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.