[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1244.jpg (250 KB, 800x514)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
They look pretty well kitted out for a third-world shithole, at least on paper (even have handmedown Soviet submarines). Their procurement doesn't look like it's centered on COIN operations, so probably near-peer. Who are they preparing to fight? Is there anything known about their doctrine?

Also, are Russians taking them for a ride selling them Potemkin equipment for ridiculous prices, or is the stuff they own actually operable?
>>
>>61986188
>Who are they preparing to fight?
Morocco
>>
>>61986188
>Their procurement doesn't look like it's centered on COIN operations,

300 BMPTs and 330 BMPT-62s ensure that they are quite well equipped for COIN operations.
>>
>>61986188
France. Probably because the french haven't gave up the idea of retaking Algeria although nowadays they're more subtle about it

Glad that Algeria are cool with america so the frogs couldn't do shit (at least directly)
>>
>>61986188
>Their procurement doesn't look like it's centered on COIN operations
COIN is a meme for western countries. Shithole countries can get away with just genociding the opposing populace until they win. 155mm artillery is excellent for COIN if you don't have a traitorous media telling everyone you're evil for winning.
>>
>>61986907
>>61986868
I mean that they are not equipped the way e.g. Colombia is - lots of MRAPs and IFVs but not so many tanks, light CAS planes, etc. I'm sure they have that capability, yes, but also:
>T-90
>Su-30
>Su-24, holy shit
>Kilo-class subs adapted with Kalibr launchers
This isn't the kind of equipment you buy and maintain if you intend to fight a bunch of raghead rebels, even if you intend to genocide them.

They also outspend most countries in the world by % of GDP on mil procurement (about 8%).
>>
>>61986988
Colombia has jungles and bridges, if they were a flat parking lot i'm sure they would have something like those terminators as well. Also i think the two nations have diffrent ideas of what COIN is.
>>
File: Live Utahraptor reaction.jpg (244 KB, 1899x1059)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>61986188
>third world shithole
>life expectancy identical to the United States
>similar literacy rates

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.