[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: griz.jpg (59 KB, 912x571)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I will be hiking in an area where large bears are known to be around. Attacks on humans are scarce but all I have is a compact 9mm with a ccw permit. What ammo should I use in case I have to defend myself from getting torn to pieces by an 900 pound grizzly and its cubs?
>>
>>61987195
Did this happen in Canada, or am I misremembering? I'm pretty sure he only hit it in the leg
>>
No you are not. Stop lying. Stop sliding.
/thread.
>>
>>61987211
Kill yourself slavnigger, jfc. This board isn't just for your fucking war
>>
File: 9mmgrizz.jpg (662 KB, 707x1879)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
>>61987195
That depends, how many people in recorded history have hit a bear in the body or head with a 9mm and still been killed or maimed afterwards?
>>
>>61987195
it'll be ok. get some buffalo bore hard cast, the hottest you're comfortable with
>>
>>61987195
depends on shot placement
>What ammo should I use
straight-up AP ammo if you have permits/are in a legal country
overpressure steel core if not
>and its cubs?
you are going to die
if you meet a mother bear at a close enough range that you can't avoid her, you are just going to die
if she doesn't immediately kill you, you need to keep reloading and firing
playing dead doesn't work with cubs present
honestly if you get charged by a mother bear, with 9mm shoot for the fucking head and pray to god for penetration
>>
>>61988949
>straight-up AP ammo if you have permits/are in a legal country
>overpressure steel core if not
Please be bait

>>61988949
>you need to keep reloading and firing
Please for the love of God be bait.
>>
Get and wear a bear bell, the purpose made ones have a magnet on them that can silence them when you want. it's best to have bears avoid you.
also, use a bear bag properly so you dont attract them to your campsite. when i was hiking in black bear country, they told us to have two water bottles, one you used for ONLY water and one you used for gatorade/hydration mixes. you could keep your water only one in your tent with you at night, but the gatorade one had to go into the bear bag at night, because bears could smell it.

Do your best to avoid a fight with a 900lb grizzly, id hate to have to fight one with a pistol in any caliber
>>
>>61987195
When I read the title I thought it said "Is a compact SAW 9mm sufficiant to stop brown bear attacks?"

I hate the NFA so fucking much.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.