[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1689210493510089.jpg (1.19 MB, 4000x1954)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
if im allowed to conceal a pistol, why the fuck can't i kill someone with this in my own house? my pistol isn't 18" long
>>
>>61990796
When the NFA was being written, pistols were originally going to be on it, and it was controlling anything they considered concealable. Pistols being removed made it the SBR and SBS portions make less sense. But here we are saddled with it anyway.
>>
Maybe it can be challenged now that vas deferens was overturned
>>
>>61990796
When they signed the NFA into law in the 1930s it was intended to combat organized crime by making all pistols and automatic weapons require an exorbitant tax stamp and registration to legally own. To prevent people from loopholing around the effective total ban on pistol ownership (a $200 tax stamp in 1934 would be about $4700 dollars today in purchasing power terms), they made cut down rifles and shotguns apply by the rules for pistols.

But the pistol part of the NFA was ruled unconstitutional so all that was left was the machine gun and sawn-off weapon tax stamps.
>>
>>61990827
Why isn't the rest of the NFA unconstitutional?
>>
File: 1711458356571745.jpg (161 KB, 437x819)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Who the fuck is using a sawn off double barrel for anything? It's just Hollywood bullshit and it's pretty fucking obvious now that literally no one is using anything besides a rifle or handgun for nefarious shit. Fuck you, let me chop down my old Winchester beaters for killing groundhogs in peace.
>>
>>61990827
It wasn't ruled unconstitutional, the NRA of the time lobbied heavily and got it taken out of the bill.
>>
>>61990796
For the same reason nunchucks are illegal in many states.
>>
>>61990846
ah my bad
>>
File: obrez.jpg (364 KB, 1919x1276)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>61990845
what about one of these
>>
>>61990851
No, I like being able to see what different loads do to those groundniggers.
>>
>>61990826
No, it can’t. Congress passing a law is how the Constitution is supposed to work. The Executive making up laws is not. Very simple.
>>
>>61990846
What happened to NRA?
>>
>>61990851
no if you kill someone with that you're fucked
>>
>>61990845
They were actually pretty popular with the mafia in the early 1900s.
>>
>>61990846
They failed to keep all the other BS from getting passed unfortunately. And failed to stop the Hughes amendment as well in ‘86. They fucking suck.
>>
>>61990876
>100 years ago
The only person I can think of who has been killed by a cut down shotgun in recent years is that Japanese politician that got killed a couple years ago. And that was a homemade shotgun.
>>
>>61990938
Well yeah anon. Cutting down a shotgun is no longer an easy and risk-free way to produce a concealable weapon.

The other thing to keep in mind is that pistols are way more ubiquitous now than they were back in the 1920s. While handguns have always been more expensive than long guns, back in the 1920s pistols were generally harder to get, more expensive, and drew more suspicion/criticism/concern than long guns did. So people very often only owned a rifle or a shotgun.

In an environment when most people only have long guns, if you want to conceal something cheap and powerful you cut it down. These days people just use a pistol.
>>
>>61990876
>>61990845
im guessing you can put them in your car and then roughly aim out the window at some dingus while driving
>>
>>61990947
Like I said, anon.
>100 years ago
This bullshit is right up there with squatters rights.
>>
>>61990980
The longer a law is in effect the less likely it is to be removed desu. I doubt the NFA will ever be repealed. The best bet we'll ever get is the Hughes Amendment being repealed to re-open the registries, but unregistered, unstamped MGs are never coming back.
>>
>>61990845
I'd unironically keep a cut down 12 gauge for bear defense. If would be an amazing hiking and backpacking gun.
>>
>>61991040
Recreational marijuana says otherwise. Especially considering they were both laws enacted around the same time period. Unregistered and unstamped machine guns is not the same as some hick like me cutting down his shotgun to fit in his ATV more efficiently to get rid of little fuckers like groundhogs, coons, and coyotes.
>>
>>61990980
squatters rights rules bitch
>>
>>61991040
That would be a huge first step. The registration sucks, but it's not the expensive part of owning a machine gun. A flood of actually affordable machine guns that aren't clapped out would go very, very far.
>>
File: 1709146809416408m.jpg (49 KB, 1024x621)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>61991119
eat my ass, nigger.
>>
>>61991138
The NFA more or less artificially inflates the prices of machine guns. Take away the NFA and all those $10k+ MGs lose their value really quick. You still see a lot of boomers treating MGs like an investment more than anything else. Can't have all those 60-74 year olds losing out on their dumbass investments.
>>
>>61991072
The difference being is that recreational marijuana has had 50+ years of steady and unrelenting cultural momentum backing it up.

The people making law unfortunately didn't sneak out and assemble a tube machine gun with their buddies on a school night.
>>
>>61990826
That’s in your balls bro
>>
>>61991066
Just buy a 10mm Glock with G9 bear loads. Lighter and less unwieldy, better odds of getting more rounds on target. Or go Marlin guide gun in 45/70g with hardcasts, which isn't much larger than a chopped 12 gauge. I've carried a shotty in the Alaskan bush amd I don't think your idea is the best carry there but you do you.
>>
>>61990841
Regular pistols were considered to be in common use and to have lawful purposes (sports, self-defense), but machine guns and cut down rifles/shotguns were mostly used by gangsters at the time. I think the rules about cut-down weapons comes from both the fact that a number of prominent bank robbers used them, and the fact that the only group who had a cultural tendency to choose them for defensive weapons were Sicilian (lupara- a short barreld, stockless shotgun carried by shepherds to protect livestock from predators, the name means "wolf-getter") so it's easy to see the presumption of mob association. Then as now, sadly, politicians and common people were subject to sensational media, and decided to heavily restrict the sale of such weapons, despite most machineguns used in crime having been stolen from either police or national guard armories.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.