[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: qtdot.png (747 KB, 964x1279)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
what the fuck is this shit.
>>
File: kupferpaste.jpg (88 KB, 1000x1000)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>62073365
Looks like "Kupferpaste". It's a lubricant.
>>
>>62073627
it is
only comes off with paint thinner or gunoil
I use the same stuff on 30 mm Mausers
>>
Are Mini 14s a good alternative to an AR for someone who has to move to CA or WA? They seem to fly under the radar due to the lack of pistol grips, etc. I've been considering a Mini or just a full-size Garand for a minute now.
>>
>>62074642
I'm pretty sure they've already addressed that discrepancy. You might get away with the Garand.
>>
>>62073365
are there any pistols chambered in 7.62 x25 that aren't Toks? or at least are decent quality toks?
>>
>>62073365
I've seen charts or maps that show the ideal camo pattern for each area of the US. Has anyone ever made a similar chart for the ideal rifle caliber and barrel length bases on geography/sightlines/terrain/foliage etc?
>>
Why can't I cock the hammer of my pistol with my arm extended, while they can do it in the movies ?
>>
>>62073733
Glock will use it from the factory but only as a break in lube. after that it only recommends a regular light machine oil. if you really feel like you need a grease, then simple lithium grease is all that's needed. a broke in pistol doesn't need anti-seize particles in the grease.

>>62074642
>>62075048
Mini-14s are fine in both CA and WA as long as it doesn't have a threaded muzzle or a mag over 10rnds
>>
>>62075119
Just talk to hunters in your area, but have them explain the reason for their choices if you can. However, many different things will work in the same situation so you gotta just pick what works for you.
>>
When it comes to putting lights on stuff like the Benellis, whats the trick to mounting them where they're closer to the front and "between" the barrels? Is there a specific mount you have to get first?
>>
File: 4HPG9u6[1].png (722 KB, 1107x650)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
I was wondering what you all might recommend for a good SHTF sling? I have been training like a machine for a few months to try and hit longer range targets (50+ meters) and I think I'm ready to start my CQB training.

I am open to suggestions!
>>
>>62075112
In 2012 there was quite a few PPS-43 pistols at gun shows for ~$350-$400, they’d have the folding stock sometimes but it would be welded to the receiver if so. The longer barrel is nice but it’s really only a “pistol” in the American law sense. Probably not the sort of pistol you’re looking for but it’s the only other commonly available one off the top of my head. Atlantic had them for $470 recently.
>>
>>62075267
I'm not sure. Perhaps you have poor dexterity, poor hand strength, or short fingers. Perhaps you're trying this with a gun whose shape isn't well suited for it. Colt single-action armys and similar revolvers were designed to be used one-handed, that's why they have the grip shape they do. Many later guns weren't designed with cavalry or cowboys in mind and therefore the grip shape isn't well suited to cocking with one hand. What gun are you trying this with?
>>
>>62075119
>a similar chart for the ideal rifle caliber and barrel length
No, and if you stop and think for a moment you realize that makes no sense at all. For starters, the ideal caliber for what exactly? Are we hunting squirrels or bears? And in what circumstance? Terrain and sightlines vary so much on a small scale that maps aren't really useful. For example, I hunt deer on my property. 75 yards would be a very long shot because my land is not cleared. Most shots are more like 30-50 yards, and I'm walking around. A light pistol-caliber levergat is ideal. But if I drive over to my buddy's property not even 20 miles away to hunt that's a totally different situation. That's all clear farm fields with zero cover, and the deer there are much more skittish. So instead it's more like 200-300 yard shots from inside a blind. Weight of the rifle doesn't matter because I'm not carrying it but something flatter shooting is nice.

Think about what you will be doing specifically, not what some list tells you to consooom.
>>
>>62075436

Hell CA doesn't care about threaded muzzles on rifles as long as the actual muzzle device isn't a flash hider or grenade launcher in any way. A plain thread protector or simple muzzle brake is fine.
>>
>>62075112
>>62076555

Don't forget the CZ-52 and a few other combloc pistols. NORINCO makes a crazy SIG P226 clone in it too, but you can't get those in the US.
>>
File: Tombstone-16-9MM-Right.png (69 KB, 789x1545)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>62074642
>Are Mini 14s a good alternative to an AR for someone who has to move to CA or WA?
If you want a bulky rifle that never holds zero and requires a mallet to disassemble sure, albeit they do look cool. Instead get one of those hybrid AR like rifles that have a traditional rifle grip or just get an SKS or even become a lever action bro. Or don't and just get a mini 14 anyway, up to you anon.
>>
>>62076973

Or you could go AR, either maglocked or featureless. Featureless isn't bad at all with a Strike Industries fin grip and an ambi safety, unless you're a lefty. Handles better than my Kel-Tec SU-16, that's for sure.
>>
>>62076973
I've looked at this lever AR as well, seems cool if suppressed. I've got a Henry 44 mag already, just interested in purchasing a semiauto rifle next.
>>
>>62074642
yes it's gonna be cliche, but get an SKS. 10 rounds fixed mag, rifle stock, pretty light and light recoil, can be cleaned and easily disassembled in the field, and cheap ammo. chinese ones are by far the cheapest and you can see it as an investment because they are going up in price as the supply dries out. just don't expect them to be snipers - you're looking at 3 MOA accuracy and maybe 1.5 MOA with the yugo and match rounds at best. sadly in CA the yugo will either have its grenade launcher attachment replaced with a knockoff FAL muzzle or it will be ported completely to the point of it not being functional.
just keep in mind these guns are obsolete - so you're stuck with the irons, fixed mag, and no attachments unless you wanna bubba it
>>
>>62073365
>what the fuck is this shit
A gun
>>
In the context of war, I mean. There's places where intermediate calibers are insufficient, and others where ranges are far too short to effectively use a battle rifle
>>
>>62074642
I really enjoyed my mini, but I sold it because I didnt have a range I could shoot it at, at the time. now I do and I'm kicking myself about it regularly. they are delightful to shoot. very different than an AR due to the lack of a buffer spring in the stock.
>>
File: Sheridanp268crop01.jpg (752 KB, 1250x954)
752 KB
752 KB JPG
>>62073365
I need a sword geek to help me out. I'm trying to figure out what sword is in the pic of Phillip Sheridan in the latter half of the Civil War. Options are the 1860 Cavaly, 1840 Cavalry, and 1850 Staff Officer.

Idk if it's even possible to tell, but I'd appreciate some input regardless. Thanks for any help.
>>
>>62076517
>longer range targets (50+ meters)
Anon... that's close as fuck. Also, PCCs are a meme and you should really have a 5.56 if you're going to LARP about SHTF.

My opinions about your inadequacies aside, just get a good two piece sling, adjustable if you can swing it. I like the vickers one made by blue force. The magpul one is also good I've heard. If you really want to pinch pennies, you can get the USGI nylon one for a few bucks at the local surplus store.
>>
File: 92703.png (323 KB, 1000x490)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
How much could I sell this zpap m85 chambered in 5.56?
>>
File: SU-16B-left-1-1.jpg (50 KB, 1500x354)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>62074642
It's alight. Not great, but it does the job. Pretty pricey when compared to an AR, but when you can't buy an AR...

Others have put up other alternatives, but I'll also submit the hexscrew enthusiast one.
>>
>>62079028
$100-200 less than for what it costs new
>>
File: 09312075sp_2b.png (200 KB, 700x700)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
would a subsonic 95 or 75 gr xtreme defender/penetrator in 30 SC penetrate deeply enough (i.e. 12 inches after heavy clothing as per FBI protocol)?
>>
>>62077352
Sadly, WA named the SKS specifically in their ban.
>>
>>62073365
It's copper anti-seize. Glocks come from the factory with a dab on the rails so some people think that means they need to slather it all over on a permanent basis.
>>
>>62079077
could you argue that that is not an SKS, but an M59/66
>>
>>62079056
Unlikely.
>>
>>62079055
What about used? and what is that figure? like 800 bux?
>>
>>62079077
get a Chink one, then it's a Type 56 and not an SKS, which is Russian.
>>
>>62073365
Are there no comms threads on /k/ anymore I seem to remember a comms general in the past
>>
>>62079129
You can only stretch out "either go buy a Baofeng or whatever specific thing you want to LARP with" so far anon.
>>
>>62078624
Blah blah blah just get a Howa in 300wm or an AR chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor or something like that.
>>
>>62079109
>>62079086
>>62079077
the law bans sks's "in all forms" so if it looks and functions like one, you can't have it
>>
>>62076627
semi auto pistol ( 45 and 9mm )
I never tried with a revolver, i guess it's easier
>>
>>62079056
The whole point of light-for-caliber bullets, especially that particular design, is velocity. Using them for subsonics is retarded.
>>
>>62076429
>"between" the barrels
the trick is to get a mount for the magazine tube because there's only 1 barrel
>>
>>62079129
The problem with the comms topic is that you won't find any middle ground. You either get retards who parrot "just buy a baofeng bro" but have no idea how to actually use it effectively, or you get full-on HAM autists who over-complicate things and are difficult to follow without an advanced math degree.
>>
>>62081065
>difficult to follow without an advanced math degree.
aislop poster is a brainlet, who'd a thunk
>>
>>62074642
Yes, I have owned several.
Strong recommendation to immediately replace the rear sight with a Tech Sights version. The factory rear sight sucks ass.
If you want to use a scope, use the scope mounts on the receiver and Ruger pattern scope rings. Leupold makes a good set of you feel the factory ones aren't sturdy enough.
Stick to mostly factory magazines, but I have had good luck with John Masen brand 10rd, which I particularly liked since the bodies are longer and easier to manipulate. 10/20 blocked factory magazines are also a great idea, they are sold by Country Spirit LLC if you don't want to block them yourself.
>Garand.
Also a good option but kind of apple/orange. It's a bulky rifle. A Scout/SOCOM/tanker sized M1A would be closer in size/weight and the .308 ammunition would be cheaper as well. People shit on the M14 system constantly but it's highly underrated.
>>62075112
Basically the CZ-52. There's not much else that is actually available. The 52 is a sleek design, but IMO a big downgrade due to harsh recoil and fragile parts. I'd much rather shoot my Tok than a 52.
>>62076973
That thing is laughably overpriced. If you want a lever action get a good one like a Browning BLR in .308 instead of burning money on a bad joke.
Fightlite SCR is not a bad idea though.
>>62079051
I have had an SU-16CA and it really wasn't bad. Build quality doesn't inspire confidence and it gets very hot very fast, but it was super light and shot pretty well.
They are also dirt cheap and use AR magazines.
>>62079129
You can make one. Be the change you want to see.
>>
>>62081078
You've clearly never hung around many HAM nuts. I'm not joking about the math one bit.
Do you need to understand this in order to do basic comms? No, and that's the problem. The really knowledgeable people dive off the deep end into this shit. It's the same as if you ask some old fudd about a particular rifle. Perhaps you just want to know the basics, but before you know it they're talking about how the trigger guard screw was changed from 3/4" long to 7/8" long midway through 1954 when the gun company changed suppliers.
>>
>>62079028
about tree fiddy
>>
>>62080891
Why don't you answer the question instead of saying the question is retarded. That's the entire point of this thread. There's plenty of subsonic 380 that penetrates adequately, what I'm asking isn't beyond reproach if penetration is the only metric we care for. Yes you can get better performance in supersonic velocities, but that's not being asked. Don't reply next time if you're just gonna wine
>>
>>62081545
>bullet designed for high velocities
>will it penetrate at low velocities
Gee, I wonder faggot. Why don't you not ask retarded questions.
>>
>>62079028
Just keep it as a heirloom to pass down and figure out if there are after market solutions for putting a brace on one of those. You'll be lucky to get a unused GameStop gift card for it given people are finally realizing short AR's are a meme and 5.56/223 is supposed to be fired out of a minimum of 18"s of barrel.

Aren't Zastavas supposed to be considered le good?

>>62079129
>>62081065
Well I'm a tard who's semi interested in getting into comms so maybe I'll just get a ChinkFeng or just give up on that and learn how to train carry pigeons instead.

>>62076517
Either get a Dieter CQD™ Sling (pic related) or get some sexy leather sling to increase your charisma while patrolling the wasteland (link related).
>Tries posting Etsy link
>our system thinks your post is spam
Well that's annoying... Whatever look up Detroit Leather Shop.
You can probably make a special request for QD pins instead of traditional swivels.

Also this >>62079020
Not saying you should go out of your way to throw away your PCC as it could be useful for arming your child militias but even a cheapo pencil barrel AR is gonna out perform that thing. If you wanted something that feeds from Glock magazines and Glock style magazines then honestly you should have just gotten a Glock.

I'd imagine it's probably a fun range toy non the less however.
>>
Second pic also related because 4Chin Jannies hate Etsy for some reason.
>>
>>62073627
It's also a very mild abrasive with speeds up the break-in period.
>>
Do AR-22's operate without something in lower receiver buffer interface, or would the bolt assembly just drop out the back if left completely open?
>>
>>62081693
>high velelocities
>380 90 gr extreme penetrator in underwood load is 1100 fps
It's not retarded to think dialing fps back just a little won't lead to a significant decrease in penetration such that it's less than 12 inches. The >design isn't relevant because I'm not trying to yield the same intended results of the manufacturer since these bullets often exceed the FBI protocol in terms of penetration, hence extreme penetrator. Don't comment if you don't know anything relevent.
>>
>>62079056
No.
>>
>>62082528
What's that based off of? Have you tested similar loads?
>>
>>62081033
So with that in mind, are there any that will mount the Scout Light Pro? I saw one on Amazon, but the diameter limit was 1.05 inches, and the light exceeds 1.1
>>
File: police helicopters.gif (388 KB, 400x300)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>>62076894
so silencers are a
> >:/
but loudeners are a
>:)
what about devices for shooting down police helicopters?
>>
>>62082557
Low sectional density + low velocity = low penetration. It's really that simple. Report your own results, or continue being an ignorant contrarian. I really don't care either way.
>>
>>62083231
I'm the one asking the question, if I had my own results I wouldn't be asking. It's not contrarian to ask for a source, it would be contrarian if you did provide an adequate source and I argued the opposite without one. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have written a reply or called me an ignorant contrarian. You're claiming this 32 ACP XTP wouldn't penetrate at least 12" inches and that's fine but I don't think you provided enough evidence to support your claim:
https://underwoodammo.com/32-acp-50-grain-xtreme-cavitator/
>>
>>62083405
*Xtreme Defender
>>
>>62082860
nta but you can probably find one that clamps a section of 1913 to the magazine tube, then use the light's normal mount on that
>>
>>62082860
>but the diameter limit was 1.05 inches, and the light exceeds 1.1
The clamp is made out of plastic. You can easily remove the .05" with some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel.
>>
>>62073365
It's just antiseize lube
>>
I'm looking for a video I have only ever seen here (as off topic as it is). Its 8ish minutes of Indians (red dot, not tomahawk) getting destroyed by trains because they wanted to get really close for a selfie.
In return, a video channel of chinese drivers getting into accidents they had 5-7 business days to avoid.

https://youtu.be/lc231aTm1tQ?si=O0kl8wdXBKD7lWxP
>>
My rifle sling always gets twisted in the field, and it pisses me off to an irrational degree. The problem is the qd swivel mounted to the stock, which does not have anti or limited rotation sockets. Any suggestions?
>>
>>62083405
Feel free to demonstrate otherwise. You asked, anons answered, your combative and rejecting all input on the topic. Typical of meme bullet shills.
>>
>>62083604
I'm not the one making a claim, so I can't demonstrate otherwise. I'm at a superposition where it could be one or the other, I don't know, that's why I'm asking the question. Anon's answer didn't provide any evidence/reference to ballistics at all, not even any anecdote about certain loads, etc., so course I'm not going to take it at face value. If anon said, 'yes' I'd still ask for evidence and not accept an answer if they didn't provide any. I'm not being combative as well, I was called an ignorant contrarian and then respectfully pointed out why I thought anon was wrong, no name calling or sarcasm. Also, I'm not shilling the claims made about the bullet like it having significantly higher PVC.
>>
>>62083843
*PWC
>>
>>62079056
Very generally speaking, if you lower projectile velocity (which is what you're talking about here, a drop of 200 ft/sec to be subsonic that would be a 30% loss of power for the usual 100 grain 1250 ft/sec loading of 30SC) you need to increase projectile mass and length (and thus sectional density) to retain similar terminal performance to the original load. For a lot of mostly obvious reasons this compromise can only go so far. Instinct tells me that if you want to maintain adequate penetration you're going to need a heavier/longer projectile. I don't have anything concrete like similar load testing to base my answer on so it isn't really worth much, but I think it's better than what other anons have given you.
>>
>>62083549
Trade QD swivel for a fixed sling loop or hook?
>>
>>62084184
Thanks for a better answer. I don't need to maintain the same level of penetration due to the fact that these bullets in the manufacturers loading very likely exceed the FBI protocol of 12 to 18 inches of penetration, thus reducing velocity may still result in greater than 12 inches. Also, the penetration in the usual load accounts for hollowpoint expansion which isn't a factor here.
>>
>>62083549
Replace your socket with a limited rotation one? Don't use a swivel at the back?
Slings get twisted if you use a swivel.
>>
>>62076429
the mount in your picture is the perfect mount for the angle you're looking for in case of a scout pattern light. IWC Multi Light Benelli M4 Mount. Alternatively you get something like this: https://rxarms.com/products/benelli-m4-parts-and-accessories/benelli-m4-handguard-m-lok-heat-shield/
>>
>>62076429
I'm confident you do not own a benelli m4, or any other shotgun or gun for that matter, so why are you worried about how to put a light on one?
>>
>>62084838
>stupid people can't own shotguns
Hoo boy do we have a lot of evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>62084959
not at all what I said but good for you I guess?
>>
File: 20240715_191322.jpg (2.9 MB, 4128x2322)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
Do this grips look okay, or gay and retarded?
>>
File: 20240715_192548.jpg (3.28 MB, 4128x2322)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
>>62085117
Alt angle
>inb4 "buy an ad"
>>
>>62085086
>people just can't own shotguns
Okay if you think that makes you look smarter, good for you champ.
>>
>>62085117
>>62085120
Doesn't suit the finish. Polish and rust blue and it'll look sweet.
>>
>>62085117
>>62085120
Stendo looks gayer than the grip, desu.
>>
File: COMPETITION-SS-38S.jpg (73 KB, 900x601)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>62085117
they look like shit, not cause of the color but they look smaller than normal.
no overlap on the plunger tube and its really far from the front and back of the frame.
they look like whoever made it fucked up the scaling. like a 94% grip instead of actual size
>>
File: unreliable pieces of shit.jpg (2.06 MB, 2322x3257)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>62085166
I think the size thing is an optical illusion. Bought the grips because they were cheap and my other grips will clash horribly with this carbine chassis I ordered, although, to be fair, so will the gun
>>
>>62085375
>I think the size thing is an optical illusion
well it is your gun, you can hold it, youd know best. still the base of the grip isnt covering the frame. maybe somebody poured the epoxy into a mold of a real grip panel and it shrank after.

if its not small its just badly fitting.
>>
The hollow points in my Shield EZ are scratched to all hell. Should I go ahead and replace them?
>>
>>62085514
You can swap them out if you want some piece of mind, but a little scuff on a bullet isn't going to do anything.
>>
>>62085514
Measure them for setback.
However if they've been hanging around that long it's probably past time to get them shot and replaced unless you're completely skint.
>>
File: 20240708_210242.jpg (3.15 MB, 3264x2448)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
So you guys remember being able to see bullets traveling down range as a kid? At least with my .22 and possibly with larger calibers, I swear I used to be able to see that shit with my naked eye and can't anymore or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
>>
>>62086942
Fast rifle calibers? No. Something relatively slow like most pistol calibers, muzzleloaders, shotgun slugs? Yeah, you can sometimes see those if the light is right.
>>
File: PXL_20240716_131947788.jpg (2.05 MB, 3024x4032)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>62085598
>>62085614
Gtg?
>>
>>62087168
You need to compare them to a fresh one, but the top one looks alright to shoot. You should probably do that unless you have an emotional attachment to them, because they look like they've been in circulation for a while. No point asking for problems and you need to shoot your carry ammo now and then anyway.
>>
File: 1718851619101874.gif (2 MB, 240x180)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>62083843
>is this a stupid idea?
>yes
>SOURCE? SOURCE? SIR YOUR EVIDENCE?
>>
So I recently picked up a 1-8x lpvo off fleabay that was from a company that has shut down, so their inventory has been liquidated. Anyway, I want to know where I can find a ballistic calculator that can match up with the BDC that this scope has for. 308? Picture attached is the reticle of the scope.
>>
>>62088043
That doesn't make sense. You write about a "BDC for .308", but the reticle you posted is a normal mil-dot reticle, not a BDC specific to any one caliber. You'd use it the same as you would any other mildot reticle.
>>
>>62088069
I've only ever used red dots. Thanks for the info.
>>
Will .22 go off if the rim is pinched from forward or edgeways, or does it need to be stuck from the rear?
>>
>>62085117
that magazine looks so stupid just buy a fucking double stack at that point
>>
>>62073733
What kind of 30mm mauser do you have? Is it one of those old pre-war deck guns they put on patrol boats?
>>
Want a magnifier. Don't want to bust the bank. Also need a low profile mount.
How cucked am i?
>>
>>62088259
Depends on the amount of force, if you are smashing it with a hammer it will go off
>>
>>62088320
>just buy a $1400 pistol instead of a $30 mag
Nigga you retarded
>>
>>62088561
You misunderstand, he has thirty different "mm Mausers".
>>
>>62088826
Define "busting the bank."
>>
my ar is spitting out well seated mags. multiple brands. i removed mag release and reinstalled. will twisting it one more time help or is my poorfrog
lower the issue
>>
>>62091159
Catch bar could be bent, or worn. Spring could be weak. Another turn might help but you want to find out what the problem is.
I'd just go ahead and spend the $10 on new parts, spares are always nice.
>>
File: 1720587860436387.jpg (84 KB, 1024x575)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
what setup is this?
>>
>>62091765
Looks like a Mini-14 with an Aimpoint. Not sure what it's mounted with, though.
>>
>>62076517
I like my magpul sling. Goodenuff for hunting. Quick adjusting.

>>62076973
>that never holds zero
I have unironically never heard that one. The old ones had shitty barrel profiles and possibly bedding/contact but the newer ones are supposed to have fixed that. But zero holding issues? What?
>>
>>62087763
I didn't ask if it was a stupid idea/question. It's common to ask for evidence and not take people at their word, and the people who seethe about asking usually don't have any.
>>
>>62091765
>>62091959
theyre ruger specific rings. they attach to little cut outs ontop of the receiver.
https://www.brownells.com/optics/rings-mounts/scope-rings/scope-rings/
>>
>>62082860
>>62083468
Do this with a dowel. Use higher grit sandpaper like 240-400. Go slow and check often.

>>62086942
You totally can. I started shooting with a pellet rifle and could sort of get a small blip of pellet. Sometimes I could spot the hit right before impact. With a .22, rarely, but above 50yds, more. It's a skill like any other that degrades with time.
>>
>>62091159
have you tested it with the upper off?
just to see if the mag is locking in or not?
>>
>>62077352
>Stuck with irons, fixed mag, no attachments unless you want to bubba it
SKS community are purist snobs
Anything you do to it that changes it from stock is "bubba"
I blued the bolt carrier because I didn't like the silver look and people screamed at me and tore their hair out, it's my gun I can paint it pink if I wanted too.
Just ignore them.
You can easily attach flashlight or laser to the barrel, attachments for this cost like $2 on Ali express
Many aftermarket magazines are available without modifying the gun, but I would highly recommend just using clips, clips are superior to magazines (fight me)
If you want a red dot get the bad ace adapter, replaces the back sight and allows you to still use clips
If for some retarded reason you want to put a scope on a 3moa rifle, get the pu scope intended for the svt-40
https://youtu.be/Xaf6oh12_Mo?si=j08Tv3GIfXnAxdIi
It will require you to cut the stock and drill the actual SKS but it's the best scope mount possible and maintains original iron sights and clip leading
>>
>>62074642
>Mini 14
Fantastic rifles overall, insanely durable and available in factory stainless... As others have mentioned the factory sights are garbage. Also they ding up your brass so bare that in mind if you're ever going to reload your own carts. The older ones don't really have any good options for mounting optics and have horribly inaccurate pencil barrels. Spare parts for the older ones can be very difficult to find as well, specifically the bolt. Aftermarket is expensive however with good quality and options. Accuracy systems, John masen, tech sights, and cogburn arsenal are good places to start if you want to customize.
>M1 garand
Never had one but if I lived in a ban state that's probably what I would go with.
>>
>>62091959
>>62092043
Gitca,, What aimpoint is that tho?
>>
>>62092093
yes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.