[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What constitutes a "war" and what constitutes the Soviet Union's direct involvement in it?

The Soviet-Afghan War is the only one that I think can be generally agreed upon by all parties. But what about the Korean War, where an entire Soviet Air Corp (64th Fighter Aviation Corp) of 3,271 men saw consistent and direct action against western airmen? If we're to count the Korean War, then what of the Vietnam War, where an estimated 1,100 soldiers and officers served as observers and advisors, but whose actual direct participation is in dispute? (I can find 54 U.S. aircraft kills directly attributable to Soviet operators in Vietnam, compared to the at minimum 139 kills over MiG-alley alone in Korea)
Finally what about the Hungarian Revolution? Operation Whirlwind only lasted 8 days, but according to Valeri Musatov it saw 699 Soviets dead, 1,450 wounded, and 51 missing, as well as the destruction of Nagy's government.

Of the three in dispute, for me personally I'd count Korea and Hungary, but not Vietnam. However I'd be interested to see what the consensus is, as well as if there are people who'd somehow count the War of Attrition of Sino-Soviet border conflict.
>>
>>62093316
Hey man you already made this thread on /his/
>>
>62093316
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_Soviet_Union
>>
>>62093400
>Didn't read/understand OP
kys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.