[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8965.jpg (78 KB, 1200x1200)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>nearly non existent recoil
>eats any ammo never jams
>bloody accurate, even for a novice
>17+1 in 9mm
Why don’t you own the greatest handgun ever made, the beretta px4 storm full size 9mm
>>
>>62103747
The rotating barrel is unreliable when dirty. If sand or dirt get into the rotating barrel's mechanism, it has a high rate of failure.
For me, it's the M9A3.
>>
>>62103747
>Why don’t you own the greatest handgun ever made
That's a weird looking 1911
>>
>>62103747
the 1911 in 45acp fits all my needs while being pretty and fun to shoot
>>
back to your quarantine thread faggot
>>
>>62103761
I'm not saying your wrong, but I will ask why you would allow something your potentially trusting with your life to get in that condition in the first place?
>>
>>62103811
It's not intentional. But say you have it holstered and you're walking by a construction site and wind kicks up a lot of dirt. Or you live in the desert and the wind kicks up. Or you IWB carry and some lint gets in there.
It's a great shooting gun, I just wish they had shielding the mechanism better.
>>
>>62103747
it's ugly and slide safetys are mega gay
>>
File: IMG_5723.jpg (578 KB, 1280x986)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>>62103805
That post wasn’t even me
>>
File: P09Doody.jpg (2.32 MB, 4056x2432)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>62103747
I almost got one about 10 years ago, but I didn't like the grip. I don't know why, but it didn't feel snug up in the beavertail area how I like it. I got a CZ P-09 instead, and that's decent, but I regret not getting a PX-4 now because it's a $700 gun instead of a $350 gun and they discontinued the DAO models.
>>
>>62103761
I have never heard of this before and doubt the validity of this statement
>>
please stop pretending the PX4 has any less recoil than a gun of similar weight.
>>
>>62103830
The safety on the slide doesn’t matter if you never use the safety anyway like a straight person
>>
>>62103840
I hate the military arms channel, but he did the gauntlet test on it. It failed miserably where others easily passed. Watch it if you dare.
>>
>>62103747
I own a cougar. So there…
>>
>>62103849
>gauntlet test
well I guess it's a good thing I'm not a solider and don't crawl around in the dirt for hours on end in combat.

I get the autism of torture tests, but using them for CC or HD selection is retarded.
>>
>>62103846
straights carry cocked and locked you hammer dropping fagboi
>>
>>62103865
>cocked locked
Lmao fagboy in a cock cage over here
>>
>>62103864
>gun gets full of lint
>>
>>62103936
>doesn't shoot and clean his carry gun more than twice month.
>lint is totally the same thing as sand
>>
>>62103761
i do not believe you.
>>
>>62103951
meant every two months, but you get the idea.
>>
>>62103936
I carry a px4 every day, never happened to me, I shoot it weekly

Not even going to watch Mac, not going to take that stupid faggot as a source
>>
>>62103964
but anon.... some gun youtubers chucked a px4 storm into a wheelbarrow full of gritty liquid mud and were shocked SHOCKED that it didn't perform flawlessly afterwards.
>>
>>62103747
my first handgun actually. i only got it because i thought it was cool in ghost recon 2. could never hit shit with it, but never had any issues with it either, but it's also been the better part of a decade since i've shot it. wonderful little gun. very smooth.
>>
>>62103856
There's at least 2 of us
>>
>>62103856
the only cougar i saw in the wild was at a pawn shop, it didn't have a rail, and was 800 fucking dollars.
Not only that, some motherfucker actually bought it a week later.
>>
>>62104111
A inox cougar went for over 2400 on gunbroker
>>
>>62104132
What does it mean? Have boomer hoarders been infected with pasta fever?
>>
>>62103747
>9mm
I want one in .40
>>
>>62104169
They’re very smooth shooters in .40. One of the smoothest I’ve heard. You have the muzzle flip of .40 but the recoil impulse of a 9mm is how I describe it, you know it’s .40 but it doesn’t feel that way.
>>
File: 1702068776766795.png (1.41 MB, 1920x1280)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>62103747
>nearly non existent recoil
>bloody accurate, even for a novice
>15+1 in 9mm
Why don’t you own the greatest handgun ever made, the Heckle und Cock USPenis
>>
>>62103747
Why would I buy a Beretta that isn’t a 92? Excluding that tan A3 shit, mind you.
>>
>>62104239
One of the very few guns I would rock in 40
>>
>>62103747
But I do. My compliments to the pasta boys.
>>
>>62104239
Because it's not a soldier's gun.
>>
>>62104330
in what way is it not a soldier's gun
>>
>>62103747
Because I own the Beretta 92S police trade in that is so reliable it puts even the most shit tier steel ammo down range. I can shoot heavy grain bullets with no issues if I ever need to deal with a scumbag
>>
>>62104345
Tight tolerances, full length guide rod, unreliable
>>
File: 1696189186218447.png (242 KB, 607x945)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>62104432
lmao retard
>>
>>62104446
Unfortunately it is you who is the retard, retard https://youtube.com/watch?v=UExcdWxmev8
>>
>>62103747
I almost picked one up a few years ago when they were cheaper but now they've gone up in price several hundred since then so I'll have to pass.
>>
>>62104464
I accept that I am the retard here
>>
I remember my first gun
>>
>>62104197
that's (what I've heard and) why
>>
>>62103747
Fresno PD used to rock the Beretta 92/96 then upgraded to the PX4 in .40
They loved Beretta so much they opened a Police training facility with them, even had a ribbon cutting ceremony with some of Berettas guys there to pose for the cameras.
Then the FBI 9mm switch happened, suddenly the PX4 was no good, and instead of just using the PX4 in 9mm or the APX, Fresno PD switched to the Glock 45
OOF

That said, thinking of getting a PX4
Was holding off on getting one because Beretta was trying to get the newer PX4 models on the California handgun roster.
But thats never going to happen now because the rotating barrel doesn't work with loaded chamber indicators (a requirement)
>>
>>62104941
>switched to the Glock 45
>OOF
what a downgrade
>>
File: 1721298147495348.jpg (35 KB, 429x383)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>62104464
that takes me back
>>
>>62104309
I want one but I still cannot decide if I should go 9mm,.40S&W or .45ACP. My local gunshop has all three variants, 1 piece each and the price is the same. Tough choice.
>>
>>62103838
rare California W. Picked mine up for $299 after rebate
>>
>>62103811
>why you would "allow"
As the other anon said, if it's a weapon you *MUST* rely on, it's a point of failure that you may not have control over. Imagine you're innawoods and you fall in a creek, get a bit muddy, etc. "Allowing" it to get a bit of muck on it isn't the question, it's having unforeseen shit happen to you the day before you run into a mamma bear foraging with her cubs. You just can't expect to carry a full cleaning kit with you at all times everywhere. A safe queen or a range toy it doesn't matter, but "greatest gun evah" is one that has much more tolerance for running into Life Problems and still firing flawlessly when your pants start to fill with the gravy.
>>
>>62105067
I nibbled your mom's red dot out of the box.
>>
for a subcompact the Grand Power P11 Mk 12 is great
Grand Power uses a similar but not identical rotating barrel delay
>>
File: alpine.jpg (53 KB, 700x600)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
It looks ugly.
>>
>>62103747
1. It’s ugly
2. It’s plastic
3. It’s ugly and plastic
>>
>>62103747
I do own one I just need to find an OWB holster that accepts a red dot and tlr 1. Also I'm not giving LTT my slide to so I'm going verboten and getting a dovetail plate.
>>
>>62103845
I own a PX4 storm compact carry. It weighs 33.4 ounces loaded.
I also own a P226 basic bitch Nitron. It weighs 34 ounces loaded.
The PX4 is a noticably softer recoiling gun. Is it because of the rotating barrel? Maybe. Is it because of other ergonomics? Maybe. Either way, it's softer/more manageable recoil. And that's pretty good given the recoil on the 226 isn't half bad to begin with.
Wether the rotating barrel system gives you softer recoil is a point of contention. To settle it, I'd love to see a side by side comparison between a standard rotating barrel PX4, and either one that has been modified to a Browning type system or another gun with matching weight, grip angle and size, and bore height. So we could get a fair comparison of the two systems and actually determine wether the rotating barrel gives you a quantifiable benefit, or if any percieved benefit is coming from other qualities of the gun.
>>
>>62105860
>comparison of the two systems
>Wether[sic] the rotating barrel system gives you softer recoil is a point of contention
It really is not a "point of contention".
another manufacturer with a similar but not identical system is Grand Power.
many owners (see, for example, online forum comments-discussion) and reviews of both Beretta's Px4 and also the Grand Power series of pistols have observed and documented this.
Mostly, people that end up "not liking" or otherwise un-selecting the Px4 and Grand Power pistols are doing so for other reasons; the Px4 typically because of its polymer frame form factor, or the Grand Power not having as widely available spare parts as a globally larger manufacturer (such as for example, Beretta). Competitive shooters, even though they may like the accuracy of rotating barrel delay designs, may choose to go with a 'traditional' Browning-delay design for consistency in their shooting styles alongside other pistols they utilize in separate classes of competition.
And finally, the rotating barrel design is not capable of adapting a threaded suppressor, so it puts these guns in a slightly different market share (especially with so many contemporary handgun users expecting suppressor-availability as a default).
It's not usually because of lack of consistent or inhernet accuracy in the guns.

>quantifiable benefit [of rotating barrel mechanism]
Sure, depending on the handgun's design specifications, the manufacturer, the individual shooter who's using it, the pistol's caliber, whether a pistol has a polymer or metal frame, its size et cetera are going to vary.
But comparing pistols of relatively the same size and caliber the rotating-barrel system Px4 and Grand Powers do typically have an advantage in reduced barrel flip, and keeping follow up shots on target for the shooter, along with inherent aand consistent accuracy.
This is not a new topic in July 2024 either. Plenty of prior online discussion. comparisons to seek out about it.
>>
>>62104239
You can even load the bullets backwards, it's amazin'
>>
>>62104239
>>bloody accurate, even for a novice

this isn't how handgun accuracy works.
>>
>>62103823
>be me
>carrying insanity
>walking by construction site
>suddenly Imhotep returns and a giant wall of sand starts coming at me
This is what you're talking about.
>>
>>62105860
>>62105905
>'softer recoil'
just to clarify also, the rotating barrel mechanism designs such as Px4, Grand Power are still dealing with the same amount of physical forces as a Browning-delay design pistol in their respective calibers.
What the rotating barrel designs do, is *distribute* and delay those recoil forces in a different manner and direction, without the 'back-and-downward' of a Browning design.
By keeping the recoil and mechanism in-line with the direction of the firing bullet and where the shooter has pointed the gun—in contrast to a downward-link Browning mechanism, which briefly 're-directs' itself and then returns to forward battery—it has keeps the recoil forces linear in orientation, while using its cam-rotation of the barrel itself (that stays in a straight line and on target) to eject the cartridge.
Also in terms of overall physics the entire gun, its frame is only being 'upset' or disturbed by the rearward-then-back-forward motion of the slide with each round cycle, and not by an additional, as in the Browning action guns downward-linkage-then-back-upward-into-battery, physical motion.
Adding additional directional forces on the overall gun system itself means more expenditure of energy, and also distribution of that energy in different motions/force moments.
>>
>>62105905
Yeah, okay.
But has anyone actually compared the systems side by side in either :
-PX4 w/rotating barrel system vs PX4 modified with Browning system
-or PX4 w/rotating barrel system vs Gun with identical (or near as can get identical) ergonomics, weight, etc?
Or is it all just anecdotal?
I'm a man of science here. I want an experimental setup that eliminates all the other factors (or as many as possible given the limits of the experimental setup) and gives a quantifiable and (most importantly) repeatable result. I don't just want a bunch of folks saying "Yeah, it feels smoother and there's less felt recoil." I want data that says something like : in a firearm of 34 ounces using Beretta's rotating barrel system the shooter experiences 15% less recoil; and I want that data backed up by more than one test using repeatable/verifiable methodology.
And until I have that, it's a point of contention because all you have for either side of the argument is anecdotal evidence (which isn't to be dismissed out of hand, but also isn't scientifically rigorous).
Reminder, I own a PX4. And my anecdotal evidence tells me it is a perceptably lighter recoiling gun. BUT. Without the data I cannot (and will not) say it is softer recoiling because of the rotating barrel.
>>
>>62105968
pic related (colorized)
>>
>>62103747
I think they're ugly and Beretta doesn't make the carbine anymore.
>>
>>62103747
Why would I ever purchase hammer fired when striker is so much better?
>>
>>62105913
They copied it from the OP, blame the spaghetti fan not the based USP enjoyer
>>
>>62106130
>why would I drive a manual when automatic is so much better
>>
>>62105991
Right, sounds like you have a comparison test project on your hands.

>perceptibly
>'less recoil'
See my second post ^^above about 'softer recoil'
I don't think there's a metric or SAE unit of measurement for 'recoil'.
Felt recoil is and can be perceived differently even in pistols of relatively similar size, weight, and caliber. muh vintage "bore axis" plays into it. Other design, weight factors, even things like bullet weights. And of course, the individual shooter, their own physique, training regimen, shooting/handling habits, etc.
So what you're proposing to compare is inherently going to have (at least some) subjectivity involved.
>>
>>62106130
Wrong.
>>
>>62106231
Ransom rest, black and white checkered background, high speed camera. Boom.
>>
>>62106272
is it going to measure, record angular and lateral motions (x-y-z axis) of the handgun while being fired?
>>
>>62103747
I would only ever get the 45 ACP "special duty" version since I already own an LTT 92.
>>
File: czoy.jpg (435 KB, 3024x4032)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>62103838
Based
I do think that some people overstress how important the "feel" of a gun is in the hand; I've seen guys personally take a stock G19 (which I think has a mediocre feel in the hand) and perform New Testament miracles.
That all said, I don't think I've ever held anything in my hand that has felt more anchored, secure, and "made" for my hand than picrel with a pair of LOK grips
>>
>>62104309
>>62104239
USP .40 sucks dick
It absolutely does NOT >eats any ammo and never jams
Steel case wrecked its shit every time I fed it
And when I did feed it brass, the recoil was just uncomfortable. Not in a .44mag kind of way, but it just felt weird
Stick with 9 or .45
>>
>>62106231
>Right, sounds like you have a comparison test project on your hands.

If I had the resources to set it up I wouldn't be on 4chan. I'd be on youtube (oh wait no, not anymore)... some video content distribution network, making content. I've got know how; I don't have the resources. Somewhat frustrating really. I'd LIKE to make good gun content for the general public. I'd LIKE to make "How to guns for Idiots" videos, simple shit like : cleaning and maintaining your firearm and what happens when you don't; know your good ammo from your bad ammo; recognize marketing bullshit for what it is; what you really need out of a self defense firearm; what you really need out of a home defense firearm; etc. Basically I'd love to make more content along the lines of what Paul Harrel was doing for so long. But again, I don't have the resources to do it.
>>
PX4 recoils less for me. Watching slow motion video of shooters shooting it side by side with other guns, you can see the PX4 has a longer cycle time which may give the shooter a more mild impulse since it’s spread out
>>
>>62106601
agreed. I've thought along those lines as well
>>
>>62106614
>shooting it side by side with other guns
>has a longer cycle time
>it's spread out
Yep this is another factor in recoil impulse, force, and 'felt recoil' for handguns
>>
>>62103747
Funny I stood in line next to a guy who complained about his PX4 being extremely picky when it comes to hollowpoints
>>
>>62106726
Was it a PX4 .45? Mine doesn’t like PMC JHP, but neither does my 1911s or USP
>>
>>62106806
no, 9mm
>>
>>62106419
I wasted years trying to get good in USPSA shooting an Elite LTT because it fit my hands perfectly and felt really anchored as you put it. Turns out however I'm doing much better with the G34 that doesn't feel as a good in the hands. There's a lot of factors to how a shooter interacts with their pistol and recoil is just one part of the equation. Believe it or not I think the trigger reach in the Beretta is made for manlets and I have monster hands.
>>
>>62106601
This actually doesn't require a ton of special equipment to get some baseline measurements. A vise, a ruler, and a camera. Record initial bore position parallel to ground, fire a round, record new bore position. Repeat test with other pistols, compare results.
>>
>>62103747
I put about 150 rounds through a Langdon one last week. I shot it well, but really disliked the slow recoil impulse. It's a good pistol I just prefer other hammer fired ones.
>>
>>62106931
What ammo were you shooting? If I shoot subsonics it feels super slow but if I shot +P it’s great
>>
>>62106936
Just normal 115gr. Like I said it shot fine, but I like how a lot of my my other pistols shoot better.
>>
File: IMG_5579.jpg (38 KB, 400x400)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>62106954
No. That’s not allowed. You will like the PX4. You will carry the Px4. This is a threat
>>
>>62106967
The guns I was shooting that day ranked in order:
>1. Beretta 92X Performance
>2. BUL Armory SAS II
>3. Cajun CZ Shadow II
>4. Langdon HK P30L
>5. Langdon Beretta Px4
>6. Cajun CZ75 P01
>7. Cajun Jericho 941
>8. SIG P365 X-Macro
>>
File: 1670111271675972.jpg (2.17 MB, 5969x4083)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
>>62103747
Rewatching Canaan is making me really want one, but they're hard to find in olive drab like she has
>>
>>62107163
I don’t think they were ever olive drab

But I have seen oddities like a FDE subcompact
>>
>>62106855
>I think the trigger reach in the Beretta is made for manlets
It's made for Italians.
>>
>>62104169
But .40 is gay
>>
>PX4 is ugly
Maybe you’re ugly. And stupid.
>>
>>62103761
Sand would defeat an M9 long before it would defeat a PX4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flai53QWL0s
>>
>>62107613
Not watching a satanist antifa open relationship having loser
>>
>>62107639
Karl might be cringe but the gun still failed almost instantly. Even Ian from Forgotten Weapons was surprised.
>>
>>62103747
It looks ugly.
I expected better of the Italians.
>>
File: ol pistol box.jpg (2 MB, 2828x2692)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>62107690
The chrome slide one is pure sexo
Especially when the barrel gets that purpleish patina
This is the only pic I have of mine for some reason
>>
File: IMG_5724.jpg (1.82 MB, 2181x1636)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>62107779
It’s not chrome, its stainless steel.

The arrow is pointing to one that was nickel plated (NP3)
>>
>>62107571
You would know, wouldn't you, fag?
>>
>>62104446
They're way too proud of this unconfirmed story tbdesu
>>
>>62107801
ok gratz anon were all really proud that you bought 8 of the same pistol just to establish yourself as the protagonist of /hg/. please adopt a trip already.
>>
>>62107884
Did you know? You can filter specific images.
>>
>>62103775
based
>>
File: IMG_5702.jpg (1.45 MB, 3023x3952)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>62107884
I’m just correcting the anon that he has a stainless steel slide and not a plated or chromed slide. If it was chromed the lettering on the slide would not have that black fill, most aftermarket jobs remove that. I’m sorry for liking handguns
>>
>>62107854
yeah your dad told me after gay sex
>>
>>62103747
What's a good price for one in 9mm nowadays?
>>
>>62108241
Used? Even on gunbroker you can get them for less than 400 dollars. The compact is a little bit more since it’s more desirable
>>
>>62105112
Fucking love mine. other than the goofy rail, tis a sweeeeet rod
>>
File: 20231001_091118.jpg (3.75 MB, 2896x4080)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
>>62103775
We can't expect God to do all the work
>>
>>62103775
Very based sir, and if I may be so bold, redpilled.
>>
>>62104446
No no no.
You are the retarded newfag here.
>>
>>62105913
eh it does sometimes work out that way sometimes. I'm a shitter and when I first tried out a PDP I shot amazing with it. I bought it and the more I shoot it the worse I get somehow :(
>>
>>62105968
>not including a copy of the book of the dead as part of your EDC
ngmi
>>
File: IMG_3804.jpg (84 KB, 1024x986)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>62106435
Cope, you bought a used one that was already having issues and you are blaming it on the gun when atleast one dumb fuck got to it before one poor dumb fuck got to it (you)
>Why does it not function when I use cartridges explicitly stated in the manual not to use in the gun
I bet your favorite pry bar is a screwdriver you fucking monkey
>>
>>62109707
>you bought a used one that was already having issues and you are blaming it on the gun when atleast one dumb fuck got to it before one poor dumb fuck got to it (you)
Not a problem for my 1912 Swede Mauser, 1914 Berthier, my 49 Nugget, or 69 SMLE. Maybe the USP just can't deal with .40SW?
>>
>Why don’t you own the greatest handgun ever made?!
>stockimage.jpg
thread hidden.
>>
File: George Droid.jpg (27 KB, 480x360)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>62109707
I hope the entire USP design team and all their descendents die painful deaths. Have you ever tried to put the trigger return spring back in? Worst fucking design ever.
>>
File: IMG_3141.jpg (71 KB, 933x933)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>62109795
>Why aren’t these manual operating guns made for literally illiterate conscripts as foolproof as a super low tolerance hand gun made for special operations/ counter terrorism
You are right those guns are more in your lane high speed

>>62109855
>I want to fully dissemble my gun but I don’t want to get the proper tools to restore it
This board gets me sometimes
>>
>>62110005
>needs special tools
>even with the special tool it's still a bitch
>>
>>62105100
Someone on /k/ told me those aren't super reliable, not enough for a CCW.
>>
>>62110115
People on /k/ have told me:
>.22 lr sucks
>.25 acp sucks
>.32 acp and all the other .32 cal suck
>.380 acp sucks
>9mm sucks
>.40 cal sucks
>.38 spl sucks
>.357 magnum sucks
>.45 acp sucks
>5.7 sucks
>.223/5.56x45mm sucks
>.308 sucks
>30-06 sucks
>.41 magnum sucks
>10mm sucks
>.45 super sucks
>straight blowback sucks
>tilting barrel sucks
>rotating barrel sucks
>direct impingement sucks
>short-stroke gas pistons suck
>long-stroke gas pistons suck
>7.62x39mm sucks
>7.62x54mm R sucks
>weaver stance sucks
>Isosceles stance sucks
>Bindon Aiming concept sucks
>thermals suck
>LPVO suck
>dot and magnifier combo suck
>red dots on pistols suck
>iron sights suck
>C-clamp grips suck
>12 gauge sucks
>20 gauge sucks
>(insert name of trainer here) sucks
The list goes on and on until every caliber, design, technique, brand, equipment, attachment, person, etc. is mentioned. Don't listen too much when an anon tells you anything. Everyone here is retarded.
>>
>>62110231
Everything you listed does suck. The fact you probably own or advocate for anything on that list makes you a faggot. Throw on a trio so we can filter your weak ass
>>
>>62103747
Will never own one because the people who own them are so annoying with their constant shilling. They’re the /k/ equivalent of the all the reddit CZ nerds.
>>
>>62110241
I guess the point of ...
>"The list goes on and on until every caliber, design, technique, brand, equipment, attachment, person, etc. is mentioned."
... is missed on your dumbass.
>>
>>62110264
I think he was being facetious, anon.
>>
>>62110269
I included myself in ...
>Everyone here is retarded.
... for a reason.
>>
>>62103747
Have you donated your $1500 to Ernest Langdon yet?
>>
>>62103830
Type G decocker fixes this now who's a queer?
>>
>>62107613
>>62103747
These old ass guns are just outdated trash. If you remove all of the contrarianism you will realize how shit the entire Beretta brand is. At least modern Sig will shoot if you get lint on it. Shit, it'll shoot even if you don't pull the trigger.
>>
>>62110369
>now who's a queer?
you for using a decocker
>>
>>62110264
no dumbass
9x25mm Dillon wasn't on the list
>>
File: 1717435034565201.png (8 KB, 166x166)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>62110377
>>
>>62110500
But that does suck. There’s a reason your dumbass meme round never caught on with anyone besides quirky contrarian faggots like yourself.
>>
>>62110377
>modern Sig
>>
>>62103747
you forgot
>ugly
>>
>>62110115
>Someone on /k/ told me those aren't super reliable
>'aren't super reliable'
>'super reliable'
pretty vague
GP is gtg
most common criticism of GP is "you'll never be able to get parts for them in shtf, bro" so therefore "you need to get a glock, bro"
Grand Power, in the United States at least, doesn't have a lot of sales distributors like major global competitor brands (S&W, Beretta, HK, SIG) of handgun manufacturers if an owner needs parts/repair support
>>
>>62105968
Look I'm just saying I MAY have defiled a pharaoh's grave site or twelve.
>>
>>62103747
>>eats any ammo never jams
>put 38 in gun
>doesn't work
Fucking false advertising
>>
File: HK_P7M8_Cortland.jpg (58 KB, 640x406)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>62103747
Fixed barrel master race.
>>
>>62112077
It's a fat bitch, she needs a proper portioned bite or else it gets angry you're trying to starve her.
Please understand.
>>
>>62105913
Let a guy who has minimal firearm experience shoot a G2C, a Glock and a 1911 at 9 yards, ten shots.

Do the same with other people and compare results. Novices tend to do better with shorter, lighter triggers.
>>
>>62104239
>shit trigger
>>
>>62103830
You're ugly and you slide mega gay unsafely.
>>
>>62112092
this
>>
>>62103747
>2024
>using a pistol with a hammer
Striker-fired pistols are the standard for a reason, they work better
>>
>>62113414
They are the standard because niggers adopted them in pop culture
>>
>>62113414
They really don’t.
>>
>>62113414
Explain how the striker fired pistol does a better job of hitting a primer than a hammer.
>>
>>62110231
>C-clamp grips suck
I agreed
I dont care if it used in the competitive shooting
its look fucking retard and has no place in video game
I'm glad that game flop
>>
>>62103747
>bloody accurate
what the fuck is a limey doing in AMERICA
>>
redpill me on vp9
>>
>>62114930
good pistol, you won't regret it
if prefer DA/SA hammer, get a P30
they both use same magazines
>>
>>62103936
>lint will jam your gun
Short of leaving in a dryer lint trap for multiple cycles, how would you ever accumulate enough lint to stop a gun? Do you never shoot it?
>>
>>62114930
It's a perfectly decent full-sized polymer-framed striker-fired pistol. The only thing that stands out about it compared to other offerings (Glock, S&W, Walther, ect) is that it has both interchangeable back straps AND side panels, which gives just a slight bit more customization as to how it feels.
>>
>>62103747
It's great but it's a chunky beast, designed for the .40 s&w.
>>
>>62103747
Apparently they make some CX4 storms that take PX4 mags instead of 92fs mags. Would love that combo
>>
>>62114884
impregnating American women. what else
>>
>>62107801
Ok anon, how the FUCK did you get an RMR HD? Explain yourself.
>>
>>62103747
>>bloody accurate, even for a novice
why do yuros insist on posting on /k/?
>>
>>62114930
you're buying it just to say you're an HK guy
>>
>>62110231
/k/ is kinda like /v/, noone plays video games there just like noone here actually owns and shoots guns.
>>
>>62103747
I do but in .40 Sharp and Wise
>>
>>62110377
last sig that was worth a damn was 226
>>
>>62120367
This.
another anon with discernment
>>
>>62119464
>you're an HK guy
not that there's anything wrong with that
>>
>>62103747
>no recoil
lol didn't know they defied laws of physics
>>
>>62123363
There is
>>
>>62125153
what's wrong with it
>>
>>62103747
You mean Beretta Px4 Storm Full Size .40 S&W. Common rookie mistake.
>>
>>62110231
To doubt everything and to trust everything are both equally convenient solutions. They remove the need for reflection.
-some French guy
>>
>>62127139
>Beretta Px4 Storm Full Size .40 S&W
this
one of the best .40 handguns available
>>
LTT versions of the Storm worth it for basic EDC?
>>
>>62128226
Sorry. Correction to my idiot question.
>The Berreta version of the G-SD vs the LTT
It's more or less 2x the price.
>>
File: wrong.gif (3.76 MB, 220x200)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB GIF
>>62120837
>PX38
>Sig Pro
>P365
>>
File: IMG_5547.jpg (792 KB, 2181x1636)
792 KB
792 KB JPG
>>62128226
It is much cheaper to just buy a PX4 and then do all the work to it, it saves over 200 dollars or so for the compact since you can get them like 600 dollars new or less. For the full-size you can get the PX4 G-SD for like 700 dollars or less, LTT charges 800+200 dollar trigger job = 1000 starting, so 100 dollars savings. I think buying from LTT makes sense if you’re willing to pay a premium just to have the gun come the way you want it with the trigger job and optic cut without waiting 10 weeks for an optic cut (8 week lead time + shipping to and from + the time it takes for you to get the gun). If irons I think you should just buy a beretta compact carry 2 and the Trigger job in a bag if it’s cheaper than buying an LTT compact carry 2 outright.

I think the PX4 is a fantastic carry gun if you were looking for a DA/SA roughly the same size as a Glock 19. It shoots very well but I don’t think it makes that much of a difference vs other guns until you put a red dot on it and shoot defensive ammunition so the rotating barrel can do its work. I don’t see myself taking advantage of the reported lower muzzle flip without a red dot.
>>
>>62128342
Answer me, where did you get an HD?
>>
>>62128342
The PX4 is also very cheap used, people have started to buy them up (me) but you can find decent condition guns below 400, which you replace the entire trigger group with an LTT kit for 200 and replace the recoil spring assembly for 30 bucks, then it’s basically good as new as long as the previous owner didn’t abuse it.
>>
>>62128367
Local gunstore, bought it as soon as I saw it was an RMR HD. They priced it at around 700 dollars. They only had like 2 and haven’t been able to get another since one of the employees bought the other.
>>
>>62128342
Is there any credence to the claim I've seen that the G-SD's barrel is particularly helpful for firing feel? (.40 tolerance barrel machined for 9mm)
The weight difference seems insignificant but maybe I'm missing something with the rotating bolt it has interacting there.
I'm looking to swap off my g19

Vids I've seen make it look VERY stable and I'm getting jealous.
>>
>>62103747
Why wasn't it adopted by the army then?
>>
>>62128444
addendum, I'm a retard and avoid optics. So that's a null point for me.
>>
>>62128444
Shot my 9mm and G-SD 9mm side by side, couldn’t really tell since the G-SD wasn’t optic cut and the normal one was. Both shot nicely. PX4 9mm already shoots softly, mostly because of >>62106614
>>62106682
where it recoils slower than other guns, less violent recoil.

If you’re looking to try other guns from the G19, the PX4 is a quite different gun with a DA/SA trigger so that could give the “new” factor to make shooting it interesting.

I love pistol optics. I just send 3 more PX4 slides to be cut (one is a G-SD, another is for my brother as a gift). PX4 sadly does not have much aftermarket choice of irons.
>>
>>62128475
Wonderful. Thanks.
>>
>>62105968
you could've just returned the slab
>>
It's ugly and retarded. Anyone rocking this shit piece is a hip faggot. Just carry a normal common handgun.
>>
>>62128497
Caring about aesthetics makes you a hipster. Do you not realize you've become the thing you once hated?
>>
>>62128450
Only PX4 trialed was the PX4 SD .45 against the HK45. IIRC both passed requirements but SOCOM favored the HK45 but ultimately did not adopt either.
>>
>>62128763
>Only PX4 trialed was the PX4 SD .45 against the HK45. IIRC both passed requirements but SOCOM favored the HK45 but ultimately did not adopt either.
SOCOM should adopt the Hi Point JHP 45. The enemy will be so confused when they see one of those things lying on the ground that an operator would easily be able to sneak up behind him or her and shoot them with a real gun.
>>
>>62103747
>Bloody accurate
Bong detected opinion rejected
>>
>>62128814
In today's thrilling episode of "Seppos Don't Realize They're The Odd Men Out"...
>>
>>62128841
there are around 5 bongistanis and ausfailians on this board at any given time
>>
>>62128853
It's literally everyone who speaks English.
>>
>>62103811
this is what happens when you don't have a dad or he was a pussy. you end up a retarded faggot like this. lmao
>>
>>62128862
quoi?
>>
>>62128342
>PX4 is a fantastic carry gun if you were looking for a DA/SA
it's also competitive with the HK compact/subcompacts in this general size class P2000/2000SK, USP Compact, P30/30SK
select what you prefer or, get each-both
>>
File: fuku determination.png (159 KB, 310x310)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>62128497
Jokes on you, I carry a different CCW according to Chinese zodiac, moon phase, and planetary position.
Year of the dragon, on a waxing crescent, when Mercury is in retrograde? Uh yeah, I'm thinking it's a P08 in .30 Luger kind of day.
What would I do if fate was against me on the day of a self defense situation? Good luck leaving it to chance LOL
>>
>>62103838
how's the p09, any springs or pins broken yet?
>>
>>62128450
>Why wasn't it adopted by the army
(irrespective of OP Beretta or any specific model/brand of firearm)
when a military service such as U.S. Army adopts a piece of equipment, e.g. a new firearm, as standard a lot of bureacratic incomptence, corporate lobbying, palm-greasing, assreaming and cocksucking is involved. For that the Cohen SIG corporation is a perfect candidate and now the U.S. Army has the perfect handgun

Yes as another anon pointed out the Px4 (and HK 45) were part of a decades earlier set of trials for a new U.S. Army combat handgun which resulted in inconclusive no-adoption.
>>
>>62103747
But I do, multiple even, cougars too. Waiting on my type c to ship from a gunbroker win.
>>
>>62103747
Too expensive for what it is (in Europe)
I just got a Glock because it's like half the price
>>
>>62131710
>in Europe
>half the price
sorry to hear that
here stateside on the used handgun market Px4s (particularly those in .40) can frequently be found at lower cost than comparable glocks and that's a good thing
>>
>>62103747
>non existent recoil
Recoil depends on the mass and speed of the bullet, not the mechanism of the gun shooting it. You can stand on a wagon and throw watermelons to propel yourself in the opposite direction by the recoil of the thrown mass.
>>
>>62131975
Hello no guns. If you want to be a new friend you should sit down shut up and lurk moar. Open your yap when you have something constructive or funny to say. Don’t talk about shit you don’t know anything about. Also do your best to become a has gunz and shoot them.
>>
File: 1579545339735.jpg (421 KB, 692x800)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>62131975
What a ridiculous claim, I'm sure you felt very smart making it.
>>
>>62128872
>I never clean or maintain anything I own, because that shit is for women and faggots.
Don't you have a Z patch to be stitching to your airsoft vest?
>>
>>62128475
Nta. I found these guys for an optic cut that keeps iron.
https://www.guncuts.com/store/Beretta-PX4-Storm-Optic-Cut-p531584383
>>
>>62131690
Please post in hg about the type C or make a thread
>>
>>62132569
Intend to. I have heard you can make the type c into a kinda da/sa setup with some parts swap but I can’t find exactly what. Forums say trigger and trigger bar but I don’t know.
>>
>>62132569
This is the one I got. A little holster wear but barrel looks practically unfired.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1057683516

Thinking about getting it cerakoted by those guncut guys. Camo looks nice.
https://www.guncuts.com/color-examples/
>>
>>62132667
I was thinking of sending a .45 ACP slide to those guys to get cut

I have made a lot of bad financial decisions in the last 10 days, as soon as I did, PX4 type Cs popped on the market. I was waiting for one for months lol
>>
>>62103747
That’s not a CZ-P10C
>>
>>62132710
the .45 PX4 cant use LTT trigger bars so you're stuck with a mid trigger
>>
>>62103747
Feels kind weird in the hand and is ugly. That's literally it. I don't need any other reasons.
>>
>>62103747
>be dyed in the wool beretta fag
>have to constantly make threads about beretta bestest ever

Why is the beretta fag so insecure?
>>
>>62132749
PX4 trigger is fine stock
>>
>>62132784
This. If you can get a competition trigger group it becomes quite nice in single action or just throw a d spring in it.
>>
>>62132784
half the reason to get a px4 is because of the LTT upgrades. otherwise its just a 8/10 pistol with a goofy operating system
>>
>>62131737
God I fucking wish we had that
I have fired the Px4 and contemplated buying one, but at 1000+ bones I can't justify that
>>
>>62132868
Give and take bro.
We get stuff like this cause of our huge market but we can’t get Russian or Chinese guns (outside of shotguns for some reason)
>>
>>62132824
I assure you I have more LTT’d PX4s than anyone on this board.
>8/10 pistol
That’s a pretty high rating. I would rate 6/10 unless the features of the PX4 were really what you want, then depending on criteria it could be 8-9/10 stock. The compact DA/SA market is very small but I think the PX4 is the best option available.
>>
>>62104446
That's crazy because the rental USP .45 at my local range couldn't make it through 1 mag without jamming. Guess they must have been just been shooting hotter ammo.
>>
>>62133194
the 200k gun was in 9, and hot ammo is what the USP was designed for. i'd say give the rental another shot with the hot shit
>>
this thread is going to 350
>>
File: let me in.webm (3.72 MB, 720x774)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB WEBM
>>62105968
>he relaxes and isn't vigilant for the inevitable return of Imhotep
ngmi
>>
>>62112160
>Baby fingers
>>
>>62113414
They actually literally don't. Hammer fired is more reliable by a pretty wide margin. The striker action is USUALLY simpler (though not always like in the case of the VP9 or Walther), but hammer fired guns tend to more reliably ignite primers under REALISTIC handgun conditions.
>>
>>62103747
I’m Not buying the pistol Ernst
>>
>>62131513
I had both the trigger return spring and the FPRP break, but I'll take credit for that with years of dry firing without snap caps. It doesn't bother me too much because I ended up breaking an H&K firing pin spring in less time doing the same thing, and those parts breakages have been the only problems with that CZ I've ever had. It has been 100% jam free for me and I bought it in 2014.
>>
File: IMG_4652.jpg (32 KB, 400x380)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>62137250
You will.
>>
File: Pupper massage.gif (1.84 MB, 475x277)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
>>62103805
Found the butthurt Sigger fag.
>>
>>62107009
Oh shit how'd you like the Cajun Jericho? I was thinking of sending mine in.

Also it looks way cooler than the px4
>>
File: 20240614_115707.jpg (1.83 MB, 3264x2448)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>62139091
Nigger
>>
>>62139868
NP3’d decocker?

How you get that
>>
>>62103761
my buddy has a px4 and although we never torture tested it he was ass about ever cleaning the thing and never had any issues with it.

On the other hand i have a few grandpower pistols all with rotating barrels and the only thing ive ever found is they dont like aluminum cased ammo. I shoot them out in the desert and woods all the time and have never had issues.

All that said as much as i love rotating barrel guns id probably say either my usp or my cz82 goes down for most reliable gun i own.
>>
>>62103775
Based, fuck greasy wops, fuck sigros, full circle back to the best, return to the 1911 white man.
>>
File: IMG_7987.jpg (211 KB, 1320x1320)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>62140237
Funny how you mentioned to mention the true king
>>
>>62140264
You know what I meant I’m six voodoo rangers deep
>>
>>62140272
It's fucking Wednesday faggot get a life
>>
>>62103775
A handgun that was so famously good that Americans and their cops were using Revolvers until the 1990s
>>
>>62140264
>>62140272
The glockoid needs to drink on a Wednesday to cope with the limp wrist theory
>>
>>62140321
>>62140368
I just work night shift guys most of us are like this
>>
>>62140417
>some nonsense to justify unhealthy addiction
faggot
>>
>>62140336
That has nothing to do with the firearms available and everything to do with how cops were trained to handle armed responses before the Clinton years. Janet Reno fucked everything up.
>>
>>62139857
It shot nice, apparently there is an issue with the pins falling out from what I've heard
>>
>>62113414
>Striker-fired pistols are the standard for a reason, they're cheaper to make.
>>
>>62110005
If it fucked your wife would you thank it and tip it too?
Heckler and Kockriding is popular lately
>>
File: IMG_5853.jpg (2.01 MB, 2181x1636)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>62110005
I put it together finally, Beretta triggers are better. Hands down. SA pull is nice on the USP match but the DA is so atrociously bad
>>
>>62140368
Every single light weight polymer pistol is limp-wristable you stupid fucking boomer.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.