[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: taiwan-usv.jpg (1.08 MB, 800x1514)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Taiwanese shipbuilder CITIC has a new USV, described as a universal testing platform. I can't find much info about it, but this one dodgy website claims there is US interest in taiwan's USV program and a delegation is visiting to assist. https://archive.is/HXX7K
>>
Implessive
>>
There are also recent reports that Taiwan has begun to install sea mines around the northern coast, but I couldn't find good sources on this
>>
>>62134293
The different color stripes are giving me sentai team vibes, I'm expecting these to combine in to a robot.
>>
>>62134570
I'm thinking Evangelion, Taiwan loves that shit (pic related is a Taiwanese congresswoman kek). It also has newer Gundam vibes, the 3D animated shit where they went overboard with surface detailing because they don't need to draw every frame anymore and they're out of ideas for decent simpler designs.
>>
>>62134293
>universal testing platform
So what are they actually going to develop from these?
Seafaring suicide kayaks?
Unmanned PT boats?
Floating SAMbushes?
Or all of the above?
>>
>>62134722
This one seems to be pitched as a flexible alternative to the flagship program, which is aimed at a narrower bomb-boat concept.

>Sources pointed out that the military's Chinese Academy of Sciences and private manufacturers are developing unmanned speedboats respectively, and there are differences in positioning between them. Therefore, there is no conflict in the development tasks. The Chinese Academy of Sciences' "Kuaiqi Project" is developed in a military-style manner. Medium and large attack unmanned boats that can carry explosive warheads. Two private shipbuilders are developing medium-sized and small unmanned speedboats. They can mainly perform reconnaissance and mine clearance missions. If necessary, they can also carry explosive warheads. Attack enemy ships.

>It is understood that the Chinese Academy of Sciences, codenamed "Project Kuaiqi " and with a funding of 812 million yuan, plans to develop two models of different sizes based on the unmanned target ships that have been developed and used within two years starting from this year. The attack manned craft (with different bomb loads) is expected to complete operational testing before the end of next year. The remote guidance and control distance of the unmanned attack speedboat will be increased from the current 60 kilometers to 70 kilometers. The hull structure of the attack unmanned speedboat will be optimized towards a streamlined design with stealth functions to give full play to the surprise attack effect.

The main program's name is given as
>「快奇專案」

Picrel is supposedly the target ship acting as the basis for the other program.
>>
File: IMG_2519.jpg (20 KB, 541x544)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>62134823
>Chinese
ok Chang
>>
>>62134847
go back
>>
Finally some good news, good lessons have been learned from Ukraine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.