[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5104.jpg (578 KB, 1170x1805)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
After a bit of a career in the Swiss armed forces, i’m looking for a radio that would be compatible with the peripherals that i got on hand, for instance a 6 pin ptt/ hand mic and a UNC port antenna, i believe it’s standard military plugs on what the US army uses. I havent really found civilian radios that uses these kinds of plugs, it would mostly be used for larping/shtf, what would y’all suggest? Pic related, the SE-135 we used on duty
>>
IDK what connector Swiss radios use, but US ones use U94 and Disco32 makes PTTs compatible with those plugs and civilian radios.
>>
>>62134900

Well, i already have a comtac 3 and the nato plug u94 PTT, form what i’v seen i’d need a new PTT with whaterver plug i chose which is not what i’m looking for
>>
>>62134893
>After a bit of a career in the Swiss armed forces, i’m looking for a radio that would be compatible with the peripherals that i got on hand
Just curious, who would you talk to on it?
>>
>>62134981

Squad, company commander or bat commander, specifically the S2 officer responssible for intelligence since i was in light armored recon unit
>>
>>62134981

Ho and the one i’d buy privately i’d use it on PMR446 to communicate with other civilian radio users but if there are other bands and frequencie ranges available that’d be cool as well
>>
>>62135024
>and the one i’d buy privately i’d use it on PMR446 to communicate with other civilian radio users
That's what I meant.
Even a neverserved like me can work out what a soldier uses a radio for.
An ex-soldier though; without a squad etc to coordinate with, it seems a bit pointless.

I had some walkie-talkies as a kid but rarely used them because I never did anything with my friends that we couldn't just shout. And their range wasn't much than shouting I suppose, yours would have range at least.
>>
>>62134893
Can you marry me so I can get the passport? I'll pay.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.