[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: airrifle.jpg (551 KB, 2048x1536)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
What do you guys think of air rifles? Was thinking of buying one for pest control at the farm since theres been more rats recently.
>>
>>62135431
I have two bb guns for plinking. Plinking is fun.
>>
>>62135431
Pellet guns are the best method for varmint control in the yard/barn for gun people. Fun if you like that kind of thing. For me, I just put wet cat food near the problem every night for a couple weeks then stop. Cats come, stay a while, get hungry, no food, eat rats.
>>
>>62135446
I have some sort of airsoft AK that I literally found inside of a dumpster that I shoot empty beer bottles with. It dosent seem to harm rodents that much it only leaves marks
>>
>>62135479
That sounds very damn smart. Bravo anon
>>
>>62135431

I like them. You get the fun of shooting with a fraction of the cost. Plus, I use mine to deal with pest animals. Have a Hatsan Mod 95 spring in .25 with a UTG Bugbuster mildot scope. Super fun to find range on your shot, and use Strelok Pro to calculate hold overs on longer shots.
>>
>>62135431
>Pest control
Traps and poison. In terms of efficiency nothing beats this.
But air rifles are fun so why the hell not.
>>
>>62135481
That sounds like he's just feeding the rats
>>62135479
What stops the rats from eating all the catfood first?
>>
>>62137774
I was looking at Hatsan and heard they are pretty good.
>>62138314
he could lure a cat in or only put the food after a cat is present
>>
>>62135431
I shoot mine more than any other gun I own
>>
>>62135431
Dieseling vermin and invasive species for cheaper than .22 is just satisfying.
>>
>>62139752

i was not expecting to be as pleasantly surprised as i was. 650 fps with 20.06 gr .25 is not bad at all. i have taken squirrell at 53 yds easily. full walnut stock, good bluing. i don't like the open sights, but i never intended to use anything but a scope anyways. if you get the combo, just ditch the included scope. no AO, and does not hold zero after a while. we will see how it does in the long run, but accuracy improved after cleaning the barrel thouroughly, and running 200 pellets through.
>>
Love me hw30s, simple as. Got about 9,000 pointed crossman pellets through it since February. Set up a whole back yard range with tin cans, steel buckets, etc. I feel like if I didn't pay extra for a nice airgun I would not have gotten this into the hobby. Speaking of round count at what point do I have to do maintenance on this thing? The... Gas seal(?) is still looking good.
>>
>>62135431
Neighbor had a .25 cal pump air rifle that was accurate enough to kill any vermin from 20 yards. My brother, neighbor and I all had various .177 cal pellet guns of varying quality. The ones pushing 1000fps could kill squirrels, the one pushing ~560fps could kill starlings and house sparrows just fine. If I get another one it'll probably be in .22 or .25 caliber and either a pcp or pump gun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.