[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So I was looking at different options for covert soft armor carriers. I'm looking at getting a set of level II inserts, and am trying to find what is the most comfortable carrier. Something with coolmax mesh maybe, idk. I know safariland makes good stuff, but apparently the straps on the m2 models are garbage. What else is there? A lot of places want to sell the carrier and the panels as a combo, and I want to use safariland panels, and someone else's carrier, or maybe, is there a talented tailor out there who can replace the straps with something that doesn't suck?
Nothing with compression, please.
>>
File: ultra-covert-638-02.jpg (43 KB, 638x768)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>62142335
I've heard good things about point blank.
Here is their ultra covert carrier.
Thoughts?
>>
>>62142335
nothing compression like this
>>
>>62142335
Don't rule out IIIA UHMWPE plates. They flex and weigh about one lb each. They are extremely cheap on (((Botach))). Obviously Kevlar will cover a little more area but there are advantages to flexible polymer plates.
>>
>>62142335
i think kevlar panel can't be interchanged unless you use the BALCS cuts, i had no issue with my safariland carrier, also the straps on it can be changed to anything as long it has velcro on each end
>>
crye lvs
>>
File: safariland-sx-front_6.png (105 KB, 543x464)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>62145141
>>62145165
I actually wanted to use this panel.
Is your safariland carrier the m2?
>>
>>62145165
Midwest will do custom panels for you if you know the size and shape.
>>62142335
Most concealed systems are going to use proprietary cuts. You can sometimes mix and match if the carrier is sewn generous enough but then it wouldn't be a good concealable carrier if it has extra fabric. You are best off getting them as a matched set. I have a point blank vision IIIa and it conceals well under a loose fitting T shirt.
>>
>>62145201
I see, it looks like I should just go safariland all the way through. If the straps fail me, maybe safariland has a good warranty. If not, I'll just have to find a local seamstress. Maybe that would be the best option anyway.
>>
>>62145330
Safariland is good shit. With any of those you get what you pay for. If you have credentials or are willing to deal with a reseller velocity systems also has some really nice concealed armor. They're fags and don't sell armor to the public on their site though.
>>
File: 20240725_153300.jpg (728 KB, 1200x1518)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>62142335
Luv me Crye LVS.
no experience with other options so I really can't say if it's the best, but it sure seems nice to me. I have a normal plate carrier as well, but I figure I can layer as a system for greater concealment or coverage/protection as needed.
>>
>>62146252
where'd you get yours? i dont see many places to buy them.
>>
>>62146281
It's been a while, but I think I bought it direct from Crye. Base vest plus the covert cover. Honestly the cover actually probably makes it slightly harder to conceal, but also makes it much more comfortable for wearing over longer periods as it has some sweat wicking and breathability.
>>
>>62146389
Why did you buy a separate PC instead of getting the assault cover for it? Just didn't want to be bothered swapping it back and forth? Or some other reason?
>>
>>62146646
A few reasons, but that's the big one. I didn't want to be bothered swapping it back and forth and I wanted to be able to have either the concealable soft carrier or full plate carrier with mags and shit ready to go whenever.

E.g. If I was already in covert mode with a shirt/jacket over the LVS, I can just throw my plate carrier on top if needed. All just larp but that's what I'm in for.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.