[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How much damage could one US Navy Arleigh Burke do to the Russian Navy in the waters off Ukraine? I know there's a powergap between burger Navy and vodka Navy but how big is it?
>>
>>62144874
Probably wipe it off the map desu
>>
>>62144874
...I don't know do they carry depth charges?
>>
>>62144874
It’s not invincible. A single AB would never engage a numerically superior enemy, this isn’t a video game.
Russia has all kinds of countermeasures, AShM, torpedos, and if we engaged them first it would be an act of war.
>>
>>62144874
Seeing how a country with no navy managed to buckbreak the russian navy using nothing but a few AShM's and RC toy boats, id say quite a lot
>>
>>62144909
Fighting a ship is way easier than fight a swarm of drones. That is, if they even show up at the horizon, which the arleigh burke can definitely avoid if they want
>>
what's it like being at sea on one of these bad boys? real talk don't bullshit me /k/omrades
>>
>>62144874
I know in terms of Surf-to-Air, the ABs have SM-6s, but what kind of Surf-to-Surf missile do they carry?
>>
>>62145151
could probably launch more tomahawks in one sortie than r*ssian launched cruise missiles in a year
>>
>>62145286
Do Tomahawks have anti-ship capabilities?
>>
>>62144890
>Act of war
Good thing they've been saying this about everything else. What's Ivan gonna do?
>>
>>62145063
The daily Village People singalongs get a little tiresome honestly and the bootyshorts chafe a bit.
>>
>>62145151
SM-2/6s have anti-ship capability, plus the older Flight I and II ships have Harpoons. They also have torpedo tubes but those are mainly for ASW.
>>62145297
The current Block IV ones don't. The TASM was supposedly not great so they converted them all into TLAMs. You could theoretically use them against surface sea targets but without active guidance or midcourse guidance the chances of actually hitting a maneuvering ship with air defense and EW are slim. You could definitely hit a non-moving vessel in port though.
In the future there will be a version of the Block V Tomahawk that has proper anti-ship capability.
>>
>>62144888
They have torpedoes that can be launched over the side, launched by missiles and launched off helos
>>
>>62145297
They're intended for land attack but can precision strike targets a thousand miles away and apparently they can now hit moving targets at sea. You can put nuclear warheads on those bad boys, too, apparently. A Burke carries 90 of them.
>>
>>62145063
Around 2010 it was like being in a 200ft long ship with 500 people, half the equipment didn't work because 3m was a shit maintenance programmed designed to punish ppl more than fix shit.
You sleep in a room with 60 other people and get fed food that says "not suitable for prisoners in the state of California" on the boxes. Other than that you try to not get caught sleeping on watch and look busy when not on watch
>>
>>62145516
sounds shitty
>>
>>62145516
>>62145557
Hello Ivan. Projecting again, are we?
>>
>>62145476
Escalate? Launch missiles at military bases in Europe?
>>
>>62144874
What Russissy Navy?
>>
>>62144888
They have VLASROC which is better in every way. They also have Helos with dipping sonar and magnetic anomaly detectors.
>>62144874
One Burke could probably solo
>>
>>62145151
SM-2 and SM-6 have an anti surface mode. They fly a modified ballistic arc and come in supersonic from above. The newest Block 5 tomahawks also bring back the anti ship capability. The Seahawks used to Carry penguins but I think they've been retired.
>>
>>62144874
>Russian Navy
Is there anything relevant left of it? At some point there's an opportunity to load VLS Tomahawks in and then toss those at whatever's left inland that was protecting the ports and adjacent airbases.

Also if Neptune can push the Russian Navy's shit in then LRASM would be super overkill.
>>
>>62146800
NTA but I assume they still have ships left guarding the Kuril Islands or something.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.