[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ar.png (258 KB, 744x584)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
you see this? this entire bit of aluminum here is ONLY for retaining the front pivot pin. it's a terrible fucking design, over engineered, wasteful, and ugly as hell.
why the goddamn are we still using most of the same blueprints from 196X with modern ARs. where the HELL is the AR2, throw away all of the retarded design elements like this.
fuck.
>>
>>62153225
I think that bit of machined aluminum is a thing of beauty, now that you've pointed it out to me.
>>
It also stops the dust cover and provides protection for the mag release
>>
>>62153240
The mag release is also stupid. The gun should be ambi, the mags should have a proper ambi retention design like the Aug or whatever. Hodge podged “ambi” ars are an abomination
>>
>>62153225
it also works with the raised rectangular bump on the dust cover to cam it out of the way from getting pinched between the receivers
>>
File: 11502441.jpg (50 KB, 880x630)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>62153225
if by overengineered, you mean it being literally just a tube with a single pin & spring? yeah sure, whatever
anyways, where do you score on the apple test?
>>
File: 1700767151469849.png (210 KB, 597x676)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>62153225
Kek.
OP thinks he's a firearms engineer now.
>>
File: old ar .png (1.24 MB, 1170x1450)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>62153272
I’m angry enough I want to make the ar2 myself
>>
>>62153262
the backwards N.
it makes being near toxic people really annoying.
>>
>>62153225
This board isn't ready for this discussion anon, but the AR-15 design really has a bunch of tiny details that could be optimized.
Thing is, the cost of not optimizing them is lower than the cost of not using already standardized parts.
>>
>>62153262
Im a 1 but I can also visualize any thing I want and make it move. For example I can visualize the whole inner workings of an ar15. How to unlock 0 Ive got somethings that need manifesting.
>>
File: 1000004872.gif (1.98 MB, 300x300)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>62153260
have you ever hiked with your gun? ambi releases are pants on head retarded
>>
>>62153366
Not if it's a paddle release.
>>
>>62153260
Ambi releases suck ass and you're a retard.
>>
>>62153281
Get to work then.
>>
>>62153400
I mean an ar where there are identical releases on each side of the gun. It can be a similar button you press with the index finger.
>>
>>62153225
The forward bolt assist is absolutely useless.
If the round didn't seat or bolt got into battery, cycle it again and eject that round.
Problem repeats and you have a serious problem...
Speaking of charging the weapon, why is the charging handle so retarded? Why do I need to maneuver the weapon or move in a funky way to manually cycle the action?
Is a side charging handle not good enough? Bullshit.
>>
>>62153411
Ok I will
>>
>>62153414
OH WOW! Now the gun can drop the magazine when it slaps my gear just right, no matter which side is facing my body! And the only benefit is not increasing reload speed at all! I'll take twenty!
>>
>>62153418
It shouldn’t even have a charging handle, just a scallop in the bolt like the later grease guns
>>
>>62153424
That never happens.
Just give it a pps43 style mag release. Something ambi and shrouded.

You’re simping for something they half assed in 1959 when downsizing the ar10. embarrassing and absolutely pathetic
>>
>>62153418
>forward bolt assist
esl retard
>coping about the forward assist
we all watched live on video how it saved Kyle's life, it's too late, you lost
>charging handle
because it is naturally ambidextrous due to its location and prevents the ingress of dirt. This is a massive advantage, while side charging handles have zero advantages at all and are a net detriment to every rifle they are on. In addition since the AR is a well designed gun, you use the charging handle once and then the bolt release from then on out so it's not a problem and only people who have never in their entire life shot a gun think otherwise.

tl;dr you suck cock and the things you like are bad
>>
Fuck the ar15’s longevity, SERIOUSLY
>>
>>62153434
>That never happens.
I've had it happen.
>paddle
Useless and sucks ass. Terrible design.

There is zero need for an "ambi" mag release since your hand is already right there even if you're shooting left-handed to strip the mag out
>b-but I don't strip the mag out
You will die.
>>
>>62153437
In 9/10 other universes Kyle’s forward assist usage gets him killed. Also he should be in jail right now.
>>
File: rittenhouse.webm (2.94 MB, 1036x604)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>62153448
>9/10 other universes
so rope yourself and join the "right" timeline already communist shitbag
>>
>>62153447
So paddles are bad but also strip mags out? You’re a moron larper.
/arg/ is already shitting this thread up
>>
>>62153455
>So paddles are bad
Correct, paddles are bad. Every gun with a paddle is bad. Even the ones people pretend are good.
>also strip mags out
Correct. If you don't, you will die.
>>
>>62153458
No
>>
Rifle is fine
>>
>>62153437
>Kyle who?
Don't care.
>naturally ambidextrous
If that was truly superior then why don't all guns go for that design logic? I would love to see you design an ambi bolt rifle.

I also just don't like the feel of an AR and the 5.56 isn't my liking. I want something with more power and kick.

tl;dr - it was only the one cock and I was very drunk and I think your a big dumb dumb head. Now we are even.
>>
>>62153494
>If that was truly superior then why don't all guns go for that design logic?
Because other guns suck.
>b-but there are so many other guns!
There are more companies making AR-15s in the USA than there are gun companies producing their own original designs in the entire world.
>also I'm a retard and I'm a retard
I know. You're also nogunz.
>>
>grip holds in safety detent
fucking terrible
>>
>>62153448
But not the convicted felon who pulled a pistol on him. Forward the Great Cause...!
>>
Sorry OP but there's no way to win here. At the end of the day it's a weapon designed for killing many humans quickly. It's demonic by its very invention. You can't make it "good". It's cursed and doomed.
>>
>exposed useless threads on the buffer tube
actually aero fixed that with one of their tubes lol
>>
>>62153225
Why are you so upset? Could it be your brown 3rd world upbringing?
>>
>>62153330
List some pls, I'm curious
>>
>>62153262
Shouldn't there be an option displaying multiple apples? Like if the concept "apple" is incepted, the follow is then "which kind?"
>>
File: guns.jpg (2.7 MB, 4032x2268)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>62153500
>other guns suck
You are right. Everything else except the AR platform is dumb and far less effective.
We should just strap ARs on top of Strykers and ditch the Ma Deuce and M240. Fuck that gun.

CCW? get a tiny AR pistol and carry that in your pants as every other gun sucks.

Target shooting for competition? Just get an AR bro.
>more companies making AR-15s
Just because something is copied and made millions of times doesn't mean its good, just means it popular.

>nogunz
Fag
>>
>>62153595
just originally a 1-5 test, not really, its just a basic test to see what you can see; its not to test if you could imagine the taste, imagine cutting it in half, or imagine the many varieties
what i'd like to see is a similar scale/test on how thoughts are perceived, like if you actually "hear" what you're thinking, or can have a conversation in your head with feedback
i just played disco elysium recently, and realized that the way it does the thought system is almost exactly how my thoughts work in a way, closest i can describe at least
>>
>>62153225
>provides a housing for the pivot pin detent and spring, as well as a stopping surface for the dust cover, and part of the mag button fence
>overengineered and wasteful

Are you retarded?
>>
>>62153702
>Are you retarded?

You're kidding, right?
OF COURSE HE IS!
>>
>>62153709
Makes sense. What a dumb ass thread.
>>
the trigger pins will literally just pop out if you tap them with a punch. Shit
>>
>>62153609
Maybe I will watch a playthrough of DiscoElysium then.
My own idea of "multiple apples" doesn't really apply to myself, when I reflect more.
When I think "Apple," first there is something like a "Fuji" or a "Pink Lady" breed. Those breeds have mottled skin color, and my brain first synthesizes every apple I know into one apple. [Platonic All-Apple -> Red Delicious (which I don't like, but it's iconic) -> MacIntosh (my favorite by far)]

The separation then stops the line, because the "which one?" question arrives like a wall.

Man I love tangents
>>
>>62153730
try not tapping your trigger pins with a punch, hope this helps
>>
>>62153751
NO
>>
>>62153225
>be OP
>talk out your ass
>look like a retard
Why do (You) do this?
>>
>>62153744
it'd be WAY better to play the game, its definitely a personal game, its actually not long either
i got it on sale for 90% off, completely worth it, fall sale is coming soon anyway
i'd recommend doing a custom build (it has a choice of playstyle at the start), its not like other games where you'd do that as a newgame+, its basically a just personality test, very fitting
>>
If the AR-15 is so fucking good, why isn't there an AR-16 yet??
>>
>>62153260
I'm a lefty and I've never had trouble dropping mags on either of the AR's i've shot.
>>
>>62154011
>yet.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armalite_AR-16
>invented in 1959
>>
>>62154021
Because you're a lefty, and you're constantly reminded of your physical handicap every day, and have been conditioned to avoid things that weren't built with your specific handicap in mind. Now if us normal people are forced to make due with things that were inexplicably designed to cater to your specific handicap for whatever reason, then we will not be accustomed to the fact that we have to avoid this and that or else we fall folly to untold dilemmas.
>>
>>62153598
As someone who’s gone through every fucking rifle under the sun, unlike him or you, I do think it’s really difficult to beat a decent AR for a personal rifle. Every other gun, from multiple battle rifles, to the SG550, to MG36 and K builds, to Valmets and real Russian AK-74s and AKMs, they all had little annoyances that made me go “I should have just gotten an AR” and eventually sell them to fund the next project. Whether it was annoying optics mounting solutions, expensive and/or proprietary parts and mags, small aftermarkets, whatever. They might be more aesthetically appealing, or have more internet cred when you post a pic, but nothing just does it so well as a good AR.
>>
>>62153334
This is called memories.
The whole concept is mostly bullshit since nearly everyone can do all of them dependant on how many pathways an object in their memory takes up or if youve trained on 3d object manipulation (games and irl moving objects). Some people use concepts to remember objects instead of pictoral memories, you are not inferior for using different methods of 3d conceptualisation regardless of what /pol/tards claim.
If you can do it at all, then all it takes is more memories of the object to do it to other objects too.
>>
>>62153225
Adding material to that spot is highly significant for the strength of the lower receiver.
>>
>>62153437
Rear charging handle is garbage.
Forward assist is garbage.
A reciprocating charging handle on the side of the bolt is so much better. You can just grab the bolt and manipulate it, so simple. Who cares if it's not ambi, you have two hands so just use either one.
>>
Ahhh...

A good ol' fashioned gun-tism thread. Luv it like mothers milk
>>
>>62153586
Obviously this is my own opinion and many of these have been fixed or mitigated by non-standard civilian designers, but:
- Safety selector being 90 degrees instead of 45-60 degrees
- Lack of well-thought ambi controls
- Charging handle is a path of least resistance for suppressed gas directly into your eyeball (many aftermarket charging handles designed to fix this)
- Handguard attachment method was not designed with freefloat in mind, each aftermarket solution is a different hack
- That thing where you cannot have safety on with the hammer down (aftermarket fixes for this as well)
- Forward assist. It does the job, but it's a very unelegant solution. I'm sure stoner could've figured out something better but I don't think he would've cared enough at that point.
- Government barrel, just hilarious stuff
- Some small manufacturing quirks already mentioned in the thread
>>
File: images.jpg (117 KB, 433x433)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>62153453
>Kyle Rippenhouse :D
>>
>>62153260
>gun should be ambi
why? practically nobody that matters is left handed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.