[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: palianytsia.webm (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB WEBM
Ukraine has unveiled its first long-range "rocket drone" — Palianytsia. It is named after a baked bread whose ukrainian name is difficult for russians to pronounce. The term "rocket-drone" proposed by the President's Office is incorrect, since the device has a jet engine. Nevertheless, officials think about the drone as a new category of weapon. In the official announcement video, a map is shown depicting Russian airfields reachable by the drone. The targets imply a combat range of about 750 km.
>>
zelensky video
https://t.me/v_zelenskiy_official/11454

defence-ua
https://archive.is/y2a6e
https://archive.is/vBsZN
>>
loving the (stock?) ICBM and sundry missile production footage, but we actually know what it looks like. At least the base obr. 2024 trim.
>>
File: sharky.gif (1.76 MB, 400x392)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
So why is not Russia targeting those massive missile production factories we see on that video?
>>
>>62366726
I'm not sure if the video shows a Aggregat 4b-like rocket-glider or a SRBM.
Red line status?
>>
>>62366762
Because Puccia has extremely bad recon capabilities and are running low on traitors to send them targeting info. This is going to become even worse now that Telegram will soon be off the table for them.
>>
>>62366726
the Ukrainian MIC is going to get so many contracts after this shit is over
>>
>>62366726
>Rocket-missile
>Vertically launched
>Rocket boosted/first stage
Cruise missile(?) (turbine) even if it has a semi-ballistic trajectory (doesn't sound like they're describing a BM)
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 615x40)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>62366742
>>
>>62367138
If we had any better than this U24 propaganda trash I would've used that instead. Unfortunately they get exclusives like this sometimes and they use them to maximize cringe.
>>
>>62366726
Pan ningen!
>>
>>62367085
H I Sutton will probably have a corrected nomenclature and schematic for this before zelensky's office even knows what it's for.
>>
>>62366726
Based giant dildo of consequences.
>>
is a rocket first stage less expensive than a larger fuel tank?
>>
>mixing ICBM footage with a few clips of the actual weapon (a baby sized cruise missile)

i really hope the crests are secretly building a nuke it would be so fucking funny
>>
>>62366870
They are probably going to be nuked at some stage.
>>
>>62367395
No they won't lmao.
>>
>>62367395
nukes in 2 weeks trust me! If only the tsar know...
>>
Ukraine's cute lil MIC is growing up so fast
>>
>>62367362
yes
>>
warcrime
>>
>>62366762
>So why is not Russia targeting those massive missile production factories we see on that video?
do they look like children hospitals to you?
>>
>>62367443
Shoigu is that you?
>>
So, did the uki clap the cauldron beneath the river in Kursk? Janny censorship did mess with my understand of the war.
>>
File: media_GRlRal_W8AAG8Ho.jpg (193 KB, 1070x1296)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>62366726
>It is named after a baked bread whose ukrainian name is difficult for russians to pronounce.

>SIR IT'S COMING RIGHT TOWARDS US
>What is?
>THE P-PALIANSIA
>The what?
>I MEAN P-PILIANTSIA
>What?
>THE PANIALINTSIA
>What is that?
>THE KHOKHOL ROCKET SIR AAAA
>AAAA SUUKA-ACK!
>>
File: itknows.png (225 KB, 1251x710)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>62366726
>The rocket knows where it is
Blyat! Russky sisters, this is over for us!
>>
>>62367362
It's less expensive than a more powerful turbojet, landing gear, and flight control system that can handle a take-off.
The act of flying a plane and crashing it are very simple things to accomplish, but you need to get it into the air to get to that simple flight routine.
Rocket take-off allows you to truck it right from the factory to the front line and launch it off a simple truck rail. With a pure jet you need to use a runway.
>>
>>62367462
No, there was never any cauldron. The river is only about 30 ft across and this time of year it's shallow enough to wade across.
>>
>>62367612
Retard, the issue is supplying troops on the other side of the river. If your supplies are limited to what Boris and Vanya can carry across the river by hand and load into the Lada Igor stole, you are going to have trouble fighting.
>>
>>62366762
they have a hard time differentiating manufacturing facilities with shopping malls and apartments
>>
>>62367480
haha, mighty russian army will jam the satel...ack
>>
>>62367719
I'm not sure what you think a cauldron is, but it is very definitely not a reduction in the ability to resupply your guys.
>>
>>62367452
>>62367729
It's actually "funny", because memes aside, Russia can actually hit anything they want IF they launch enough shit, but they chose to hit a mall and a children hospital instead manufacturing facilities or logistical hubs.
And yes, you cant hide rocket drone factories
>>
File: muh nooks 4.jpg (54 KB, 977x585)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>62367395
2 more weeks tust da plun cumrad
>>
>>62366762
yes please give location so urgent warnings can be placed
>>
>>62367390
Yeah, they should nuke Belgrade just for maximum lulz.
>>
>>62367857
>And yes, you cant hide rocket drone factories

you can in a mountain range or in neighboring friendly countries.
>>
File: 1724516912879440 (1).webm (2.04 MB, 640x360)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB WEBM
>>62367148
>If we had any better
Just because you're a nigger doesn't mean we all are.
>>
Wouldn't this be a perfect use case for a ramjet?
>>
>>62368240
>needs a runway
they have a remote launch version right?
>>
>>62368240
That is not this project. That is type ?4 going by Sutton's labeling. It is in serial production and used regularly for cross -border attacks. You should be less of a rude cunt, randomized filename (1).webm poster. Aggression does not mask that you know less than nothing.

In more wholesome news: The head designer of Iskander has kicked the bucket.
>>
>>62368319
He sure had a talent for making TBMs seek out schools, hospitals and playgrounds if they're chaff around a target ex-factory. Don't think Western weapon designers could make a better guidance system when it comes to hitting everything more innocent than the target in mind.
>>
>>62366726
Still waiting on the Grom/Hrim-2 rockets.
>>
>>62366762
I hear some of the factories are being built underground like WW2. So unless the Russians have bunker busting/earthquake bombs it is going to be a an issue for them to destroy.
>>
>>62368255
That's a good question. I'm going to guess that the engineering of a supersonic aircraft is more expensive than the difference between a turbine and a ramjet. Turbines don't look to be that expensive if you're not going for airliner efficiency or longevity. The ramjet itself may require precise engineering and be more difficult to get right.

There's probably a reason that nearly nothing uses ramjets.
>>
File: 1702825104740596.webm (2.87 MB, 640x360)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>62368255
ramjets are hard and can't start from 0

>>62368270
it needs a stretch of pavement and the targets are strategic, not tactical. This is like complaining about your huge fuck-off missile needing a TEL.

>>62368319
nigger
>>
>>62366726
So, in all seriousness, what makes this “long-range rocket/jet drone” different from a cruise missile?
>>
>>62366762
>So why is not Russia targeting those massive missile production factories we see on that video?
They do nothing because they *can* do nothing.
>>
>>62367362
>is a rocket first stage less expensive than a larger fuel tank
Yes, you jettison it once used as it's dead weight after that. Fuel tanks have to be lugged all the way to the target.
>>
>>62366762
Because it isn't an apartment or children's hospital or maternity ward.
>>
>>62367395
DO IT. Stop with the words, faggot, fucking DO IT.
>>
>>62366726
These drones are a nice addition to capability but Ukraine's future security cannot be ensured until we finally do the right thing and provide them with LGM-30 air defense missiles with backup anti-ship and ATGM modes. We're on the verge of replacing them, they're old, we've stored them in underground bunkers for over fifty years. It's time we give some to the Ukrainians.
>>
>>62366762
Do you remember they needed a Reddit video to get the idea and location to strike a army base that was near the European border and that has existed for Close to 100 years . To identify it a viable target.
>>
File: kot.jpg (452 KB, 1280x960)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>62368935
Libelling me with melanated accusations doesn't make the drone you're talking about the same one this thread is about. The new drone was used for the first time on 2024-08-24.

The Defence UA article even makes a point of SPECIFICALLY saying that the new drone differs from the one you posted, because lots of low-quality milblogs were reposting the old drone with the new name. I gave you that link to try to be informative.

>>62366727
>https://archive.is/y2a6e
>In the [newly released «Palianytsia»] footage, the image of the aircraft is completely different from what was shown by journalist Roman Bochkala and the head of the «Volunteer Battalion» foundation Maksym Glushak.
>IMAGE: the thing you posted
>And the only thing that unites these two aircraft from the point of view of aerodynamics is the beveled tips of the wings, but even they differ – in Palianytsia, upwards. The launch method is also different, as the video states that a ground launcher is used for launch, and not an independent runway takeoff.

Cmon man. Just do the needful. Make it clear to people that you're talking about a different long-range drone project. It's fine to discuss, it just isn't the thing in the OP.
>>
>>62367395
(You) earned this reply
>>
>>62369072
Think you might be blending together the yavoriv base attack with another high-profile event.
>>
>>62366726
>It is named after a baked bread whose ukrainian name is difficult for russians to pronounce.
lmaooooo they are so petty, I love it.
>>
>>62368255
Ramjets and scramjets only work at high speeds. Not fifth gear on your car, like, if you aren't already going mach 1, it doesn't function. You either need crazy variable engine design or a whole extra thrust system to get you up to ramjet speed.
>>
>>62369072
The reddit video had nothing to do with the attack on the barracks anon, they didnt even hit the same building the video was taken in, they hit a building with similar supports, but the building rhe redditors sat in still stands today.
This was russoid cope and early disinformation in the war.
>>
>>62369004
it's made with 100% NATO approved wunderwaffe materials. the only downside is that it costs 20x as much, but since they're not the ones footing the bill who cares lol
>>
File: all-2_orig.jpg (51 KB, 800x330)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>62370862
they're all made with commercially available chinkoid parts you can buy on alibaba kek
>russian AD is losing to model airplanes
why are they pathetic?
>>
>>62370862
Nigger, this shit costs less than Iran’s inflated price for a Shahed.
It uses commercially available parts, many from China, for relatively low expense.
>>
>>62367561
using a rocket booster to get off the ground also lets them optimize the wings for cruise speed flight. conventional takeoff would need either a bigger wing to handle lower speed flight or a whole lot of pristine runway to get up to speed on those stubby little wings. and probably a bigger engine to provide the additional thrust needed for acceleration. using a rocket booster + jet sustainer means each component is minmaxed for its specific regime of flight, meaning more range and more payload for whatever size pacakge someone's gotta haul to the launch site
>>
Man. Why
>>
>>62369004
the price and payload is smol, it's likely only be gonna effective against lightly armoured stuff. But then Russia staunchly refuses to build aircraft shelters and they have a lot of refineries, fuel depots and other shit that burns.
>>
>>62366762
The missile factory shown is in the USA (flag on a worker) and the shell factory in France (French text all over the place).
>>
File: media_GV76_rHWAAAV5L1.jpg (135 KB, 1023x1010)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>62373811
>and they have a lot of refineries, fuel depots and other shit that burns.
so thats a $40k drone, dropping 41%+ of capability from Russia's largest refinery (the same that already lost 35% a month ago due to fire).
>>
>>62373856
So that's just under 2 billion USD of oil revenue lost if it stays broken for a year. That'll sting.
>>
>>62369101
>The new drone was used for the first time on 2024-08-24.
Happy birthday to me!
>>
>>62373811
>>62373856
>>62376961

Some days I glance at my copy of "Red Storm rising" on the shelf and wonder if Tom Clancy will ever be surpassed.
I swear this strike alone would have triggered a tac nuke response from the Russkis, but they know they can't get away with it.
Thanks Daddy USA for carrying the big stick.

t. Kraut
>>
>>62368935
>getting to drone Russians while a beautiful calico cat is snuggling with him
The dude is living the ideal military life.
>>
>>62373856
>omsk is fucked
Ooooof
>>
>>62377195
Not yet. There is another fractioning tower...
>>
>>62373856
>Ukrainians ACKed 41% capacity of Omsk trannies
>>
>>62377076
>they know they can't get away with it
And when they no longer give a fuck about getting away with it?
>>
>>62377258
The ruling class there isn't a suicide cult, just opportunistic kleptocrats.
Given the choice, they'll always choose survival.
Their kids are within our sphere of control, so go figure.

Call it Post nuclear hostage diplomacy.
First you get a stern warning that a conventional response will follow. If not sufficiently understood, Blondie in London &Alexey get a bag over their head plus a free taxi ride in a van.
The eggs will be measured and their dads will get the message
>>
>>62377054
:3

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.