[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Military Arms Corporation are shipping MP5/MP5K clones under $1000. What we thinking /k/omrades?
>>
What tooling? You don't just pull the means to make MP5s out of your ass, so either they've bought the jigs off an existing manufacturer or they're being OEM'd. If its Century, I wouldn't touch them.
>>
>>62502715
They're made by Mertsav, which started out as a contractor for MKE who make the AP5 for Century. Kind of like Bula with M14s here in the States, they eventually grew to manufacture whole guns as they gained the capital to invest in developing new tooling to make larger and larger components. Legally I'm fairly certain that at this point you can "pull the means out of your ass" as long as you have the capital to invest in tooling and can acquire the adequate amount of documentation, which varies depending on if you plan on committing to older manufacturing methods or want to make an old thing a new way, phrasing it vaguely because I have to, it's not always better or best to make something the old fashioned way, so you don't need to get the whole process from someone else. Engineering is not arcane wizardry and I wish the Bartender of Arizona hadn't made it popular to think as much, I assume he thinks so because MET programs tend to teach it that way.
>>
I'm thinking Arby's
>>
>>62502673
>Burger-Bubba'd turkshit knock-off of German gun
I wouldn't touched the fucker with a borrowed 20' pole.
>>
>>62505251
it's just a pistol caliber carbine, this ain't exactly rocket science here and I don't think it's any more likely to blow up in your face than a $200 hi point
>>
>What we thinking /k/omrades?
you should pay for an ad.
>>
>>62502673
still about twice as much as anyone should ever pay for a 9mm PCC. rollers are not some unobtanium kraut magic, the whole thing is still less complicated than any real gas system, there's no reason it should cost any more to make than the most bitch AR. but for now the market will support $1000 MP5 clones because last week the bottom of the barrel was set at $1500. give it a few more years of competition and a turkish MP5 won't cost any more than the cheapest rifle out of PSA
>>
>>62502673
I saw this too and did some research on it Anon.

Before everyone freaks out about PCC’s being obsolete, and ‘muh body armor’. I don’t plan to use it for anything serious, I have plenty of other guns for crisis scenarios. I view a good PCC the way I view my over under I use to shoot trap. It’s just for fun, and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot than most of my other guns.

Anyways, there MAC are made by an MKE subcontractor, they probably share a lot of the same parts as an AP5 as the company apparently makes a lot of the parts for MKE.

However, the big difference aside from the 200$ and the different roll mark on the receiver, is that these do not have chrome lined barrels as the MKE/Century AP5’s do.

Personally I’m probably going to buy an AP5. It’s a known commodity, I know several people with them, and they all run great. This new one is just a little too sketchy for me.
>>
>>62502873
>Engineering is not arcane wizardry
Didnt say it was, but stampings effectively require existing tooling to be profitable. All the US manufacturers bought equipment from HK licensees, Springfield bought it off the Greeks, century bought it off the Spanish, PTR bought it off the Portuguese, etc; because the trial and error to reverse engineer it would be ruinous; you'd never break even. And now all of them have been wiped out by Turkish and Paki imports anyway.
>>
are pistol caliber carbines obsolete in this year of our lord two thousand twenty-four? who cares, all I want from an MP5 clone is to slap that bitch like it owes me money and then mag dump into trash
>>
File: bricksquad.webm (327 KB, 1168x864)
327 KB
327 KB WEBM
>>62508091
Low likely hood of a threat ill carry nothing or a knife slightly higher ill carry a compact 9mm pistol medium to high chance ill throw an mp5k in a small backpack if its a high+ chance im bringing the AR with full kit. Everything in its place
>>
>>62508091
>slap
just push it with your thumb, the force required on the *p5 is minimal
>>
>>62507915
>Before everyone freaks out about PCC’s being obsolete, and ‘muh body armor’

Moot point anyway.
99.99% od the people you'd ever shoot at won't have BA anyway, and the .01% that will, you won't pen with M855... and if you drop the first one, one of the half dozen behind him will drop (You).
>>
File: 20240120_145901.jpg (1.83 MB, 4080x2351)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>62508200
>required
SHALL
>>
File: IMG_20240828_081059883.jpg (108 KB, 900x678)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
eh i'll stick with ptr.
>>
File: IMG_0125.jpg (580 KB, 1125x1270)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>62509148
Trade you my k for your Phoenix
>>
File: th-3555295706.jpg (28 KB, 474x409)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>62505251
>Burger-bubba'd
>Is actually made in Turkey
>>
>>62507863
Import tariffs. Also stampings assembly lines are not exactly cheap to set up.
>>
>>62509287
sorry the ATF made me wait 18 months for this stupid thing I can't give it up.
>>
>>62507915
MKE MP5s don't have a chrome lined barrel, no MP5/G3/etc does. The MAC MP5s are button rifled instead of being CHF like they traditionally are.
>>
>>62509312
Guess I should just sack up and go for it. I would already have one if it wasn’t for the dumb NFA bs. Last can took 2 years for me
>>
>>62509343
pheonix is deffo worth the price. I don't have broad experience with suppressors but I can't imagine it getting much quieter than this.
>>
>>62507915
>>62508091
Don't we have armor piercing 9mm rounds already?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.