[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Battelle was commissioned to make a new nerve agent countermeasure. It's called Reactivating Nerve Agent Treatment System (RNATS). It aims to be an improved acetylcholinesterase reactivator in a vial. https://archive.is/56ulZ

That's a lot of nerd shit, so have this zany tale of how soldiers use CBRN kit on deployment as well. https://youtu.be/hCf6uv_FmEs
>>
>give grunts any access to benzos
This could only ever go wrong. At least it wasn't xanax.
>>
>>62508085
Like the vid suggests, it's very underpowered on its own.
>>
>>62508081
Nobody uses nerve agents and current antidotes like the ATNAA are fine for those once a decade incidents like the syrian strikes and aum shinrikyo.
>t. CBRN nerd
>>
>>62508969
There are compounds in use that postdate the formulation & FDA authorization of currently issued countermeasures.
>>
I've always been curious who gets subcontracted for biological/chemical agent work. We all know LockMart makes planes, Raytheon makes missiles etc. Who gets the contracts for anthrax or VX gas?
>>
File: 5314929.jpg (358 KB, 800x700)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>62509281
The end of the cold war spelled slow-motion doom for US chemical weapons. First the chemical weapons convention came online in 1997. Then 9/11, followed one week later by the 2001 anthrax attacks, really sealed the deal in terms of US desire to get it all gone. The long march to total BW & CW death took 20+ years. So the official answer to your question, as of circa 2022, is "nobody."

When I say "it," I refer to two types of things: preexisting weapons and macro-scale stockpiles that are useful for serial production of weapons.

The former would be like picrel: the very last known M23 mine, photographed on its deathbed in 2000. Each was prefilled with a bit more than 10 pounds of VX. Around 100k were produced. Like with all CWs, there were rumors of their use, but nobody alive and talking today can say with certainty that any were ever deployed.

The latter would be like soviet-style anthrax stockpiles. Chasing down and containing half the world's bullshit taught the US, even before the wall came down, not to keep stockpiles like these. It's half the reason we have the DTRA. Precursors and components were produced in bulk immediately before the packaging stage for weapons, not left to linger in raw form.

Today, the only place the DOD is rated to do spooky research with trace amounts of the most dangerous bio/chemical agents is USAMRIID's BSL 4 lab inside Fort Detrick. USAMRIID also has the only global 24/7 QRF for high-end bio/chemical attacks.

But even so, there's been a mandate for many years now to replace physical testing with computational modeling, and so forth. And the CDC has pulled rank on them more than once for deviations from protocol. I mean,
>Work Vows DoD’s Live Anthrax Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/612686/

[nb. anthrax is naturally occurring in livestock, so lots more labs "handle anthrax" than other agents. Not the deadly strains though.]
>>
File: 240313-F-YH293-1067.jpg (685 KB, 2000x1428)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>>
>>62511955
Would.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.