[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scorpion.png (540 KB, 1008x662)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>90mm main gun
>>
>>62508127
let me guess, you need more
>>
File: 1698363342247357.png (489 KB, 600x471)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>go outside
>see brute
>day ruined
>>
Sure, why not. Its just the bore diameter, it could be a wildcat with a 120mm case.
>>
>>62508127
FUCK I LOST
>>
>>62508179
>Its just the bore diameter
Yeah, and if you know anything about how pressure works you'd understand why a larger bore is ideal with subcaliber projectiles. Lmao.
This nigger is trying to make their MBT cannon into a pipe bomb.
>>
>>62508127
Has anyone actually figured out conclusively how this fucking thing is supposed to work. All I can gather is
>autoloader in the back
>driver/machinegunner seats up front
>independent electric motors for each set of tracks???
But then where the hell do the engine noises and smoke come from? Even if it did have an engine, how would the transmission work?
>>
>>62508234
It's a video game dude, don't overthink it
>>
>>62508234
>hydrogen ICE engine in the back (I'd assume since the Warthog uses one)
>it runs a generator to make power
>each tread gets its own electric motor
>driver gets an augmented reality view 360 degrees around him
The animation for reloading in Halo Reach basically makes the turret act like a gigantic handgun slide. The whole rear section recoil, spitting out a case at the same time, and chambers a new one.
>>
>>62508234
My personal head-cannon is it’s like a diesel submarine or diesel-electric locomotive, where there’s some kind of combustion engine that simply drives electric generators, which then drive the tracks. No physical connection between the engine and tracks required.
>>
>>62508293
My personal headcanon now

I also think the 90mm is bc the UNSC were mostly dealing with insurrectionists and rebels before the Covenant showed up, anything bigger seems unnecessary
>>
What's with all of the Halo threads lately? It's quite enjoyable
>>
>>62508127
>90mm that fucks up just about anything it comes across
I fail to see the issue. If it already works why spend resources fixing it. The Sherman was outgunned by most german tanks and yet they did perfectly fine (The most produced shermans were M4A2s with the 75mm)
>>
>>62508127
>>62508203

We know nothing about the projectile. It could be a 90mm projectile moving at mach 5, or mach 10. It could be loaded with their magic space high explosive that can canonically, out of gameplay, launch trucks a hundred feet with the mass that fits in a hand grenade.

It could be fucking anything, but some nerd on Reddit programmed you with noguns talking points about Halo and so you just regurgitate them.
>>
>>62508127
>gun is 90mm, therefore its the same 90mm from the Pershing
You guys know .50 AE and .50 BMG aren't the same thing, right?
>>
>>62508127
Tanks beats everything.
>>
>>62508390
yep. considering it outshoots a gauss hog, its gotta be moving pretty fast.
>>
>>62508371
newfag
>>
>>62508390
>>62508398
The projectile canonically cannot piece anything, it explodes on impact. Whereas the Gauss-Hog can overpenetrate infinite vehicles.
>>
>>62508477
*two-shots a wraith in your path*
>>
>>62508482
Via explosive payload, because apparently the thing fires minengeschoss or something.
>>
>you just suck at the game
the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7nYeDq8uO4
>>
File: GFXip4lbkAAZnTc.jpg (1.44 MB, 2160x3725)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
I like the idea that humans in halo said "ah fuck it, 7.62 NATO is good enough for infantry, they're just policing colonists anyway. We'll give 'em a ridiculous side arm with an explosive .50 magnum too" and focused all in on the really advanced tech like coil guns, rail guns, nuclear fusion, a.i. and faster than light travel
>>
>>62508493
>be me
>FUCKING HATE how they changed the gear of the Marines in Halo Reach

I can't be the only one...
>>
File: GFYeTaZbQAA8f5F.jpg (1.81 MB, 4096x2304)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>62508500
It had the cutest army troopers
>>
File: 17324623357346246.jpg (93 KB, 900x725)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>62508234
When you're done with that, I want you to figure out the interior design of a leman russ turret
>>
>>62508394
They're spacebattlers, they've never even seen a gun in person (they would call the police to report the racist holding the gun immediately).
>>
>>62508500
No one's ready for the conversation about how literally everything shitty about the post trilogy halo games has clear and obvious roots in Reach.
>>
>>62508127
why shouldn't we have 90mm mobile delivery capability
>>
>>62508507
Where's the space for the gun?
>>
>>62508500
You only see marines once in reach, and they're wearing the same heavy plates as CE; just with more lights. the trick is the boots, all the army guys in reach have plain unbloused trousers, while the marines on the last level have the big shin armor.
>>
>>62509086
Twice. They board the corvette with you on Long Night of Solace, but they die off pretty quick so it's easy to forget.
>>
>>62508234
It's a fucking video game about a green cyborg killing aliens and zombies on a giant hula hoop.

It's obviously not going to be realistic
>>
File: 5bkztn00tjj71.png (137 KB, 638x479)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>62508127
Just gonna say it.

The Flood should have been ditched after Halo CE. They serve no necessary narrative purpose following the events of Installation 04 and have been the key gameplay problem with Halo's worst levels. Halo 2 and 3 would have been better had the story and gameplay just focused on the Human covenant war and stopping the "great journey" from occurring.
>>
>>62508507
>>62509061
>>
>>62508127
My 'gheili gf wants to get one of these surplus to tool around in; what kind of red flags should I keep an eye out for? I never got to drive one while on deployment, and I didn't work maintenance on one of these things ever, so my experience with them is pretty sparse.
>>
>>62508363
I mean it absolutely face fucks everything in the Covie arsenal up to and including Scarabs (not counting the super scarab in H2)
>>
>>62509130
Flood levels helped break up the pacing and served as a narrative device for the whole 'damsel in distress' ark that was in Halo 3. I personally enjoyed the Flood levels simply because gameplay wise it is much different from the earlier levels.

>>62508127
Also, the cannon is most likely squeeze bore. It would be reasonable to assume that the cannon is firing subcalibre squeeze bore hyper velocity shells due to the velocity and effectiveness of the cannon.
>>
>>62509246
>Flood levels helped break up the pacing
This was achieved with vehicle sections and different combat scenarios. The covenant were dynamic enough to change the pacing up especially given their diverse set of enemy types. The flood were the same enemy type thrown at you ad nauseum and quickly go old.
>Served as a narrative device for the whole 'damsel in distress' ark that was in Halo 3.
Easily the weakest aspect about Halo 3 both in terms of narrative and gameplay. No one liked Cortana constantly pausing gameplay and No one enjoyed the level Cortana. It remains one of the most hated levels of all of Halo.
>>
File: Trooper-chan freckles.jpg (32 KB, 640x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>62508506
based Trooper-chan enjoyer.
>>62509130
honestly a bold statement but respectable. I don't mind them in 2 and 3 but I think they could have been handled better, especially in 3 (but that's kind of a given, 3 was a mess all over)
>>
File: 1659781645829524.jpg (163 KB, 1280x960)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>62509259
>no one liked Cortana constantly pausing gameplay and No one enjoyed the level Cortana. It remains one of the most hated levels of all of Halo.

I agree that the whole level pausing and the actual level Cortana sucked dick, but the flood gave a much different gameplay loop from most covenant enemies. The fact they could resurrect, infect, and otherwise just be a pain offered a different dimension of gameplay. Being filtered by the Cortana level is fine, but being filtered by the flood just make u look like a pleb. I personally enjoy the library level in CE, but like many flood levels it just goes on for what seems like forever. The problem isn't the enemy types, but the level design. Flood levels would benefit from being short and sweet, it wouldn't take away from the gameplay and improve the campaign tremendously.
>>
>>62508500
Noble Team is under UNSC ARMY, not Navy.
>>
>>62509348
>being filtered by the flood just make u look like a pleb
Those are fighting words. I've played all the games up to 4 at release, beat them all on legendary, and have played them recently so my views aren't just jaded old faggotry. The flood are the weakest component to Halo'a gameplay. There's a reason ODST and Reach are the most consistently good campaigns (gameplay wise) in the series and that's because they lack the flood. Sure ODST and Reach dont reach the same heights as CE or 3 but they don't reach any of the lows either. Even Bungie recognizes the flood were terrible when their last games focused entirely on the covenant as enemies.
>>
>>62509389
>flood doesn't appear in game that is set before they are discovered
Anon, you're right about the flood but that is an absolutely retarded take
>>
File: 1684295590858641.jpg (16 KB, 275x183)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>62509389
>The flood are the weakest component to Halo'a gameplay. There's a reason ODST and Reach are the most consistently good campaigns (gameplay wise) in the series and that's because they lack the flood.

I knew you would bring this up. Halo isnt necessarily meant to be a tactical, realistic shooter. At its core its story is based on science fiction novels, and in many of said novels a flood like lifeform is quite a commonplace troupe. Halo 3 ODST and Reach arguably aren't as 'grand' as the mainline halo games, and they deliver a streamlined, easy to digest story that rolls off the tongue. I say again, the flood levels are too fucking long, but they simply add a new dynamic which shakes up the gameplay much more than simply an energy sword elite or hunter. The implementation of the flood is the problem, not the flood themselves. Without the flood, Halo loses some of the 'horror' aspects that it originally had. Games after CE simply didn't feel as eerie and alone as CE, different scope I guess...
>>
>>62508127
>40mm main gun
Honestly as technology and metallurgy improves calibers will consistently go down.
40mm in 25th century is probably equivalent to 800mm from the 20th century, only more accurate and deadly on a per kilo basis.
Like 1 HIMARS can do the job of an entire WWI artillery battalion just with improved accuracy and manufacturing techniques, and that is only a 70 year age gap. Imagine that increased 7-fold, you'll probably have 10mm 0.01 kiloton fusion or antimatter "warheads" that mog anything today in terms of size, accuracy, and overall lethality,
>>
>>62509396
1. The flood were discovered by ODST
2. Bungie chose consciously to make games where the flood would not appear
Bungie could have had the flood appear in either of the 2 games they were contractually obligated to make for Microsoft. Obviously the company realized the flood were a bad mechanic by the end and decided to make games that wouldn't feature them.
>>
>>62509415
>Games after CE simply didn't feel as eerie and alone as CE
ODST managed just fine with its moody atmosphere in a dark city at night.
>>
>>62509423
ODST is set before High Charity lands on earth.
Bungie were contractually obligated to make Reach
Neither of those game settings have anything to do with bungie not wanting to make the flood, they just wanted to make a story that wasn't centered around teh chief. You should remember this nigga, they went on and on about it back in the day.
>>
File: 1617237153820.jpg (258 KB, 921x960)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>62509432
I missed the elites. Brutes simply aren't the same. And ODST isn't the same feeling, you are alone, truly alone. In CE once the flood is introduced there is always a creeping feeling in the back of your head, a feeling something other than Covenant may be lurking.

>>62509423
I've read about the discovery of the flood, it was a shitshow, but it happened far away from earth at basically the same time as the battle of Installation 04. There was basically no way for the flood to be a part of the earlier games simply because they were unknown to most/all of humanity at that point. The only 'lore friendly' way to integrate the flood into Reach and ODST would be through some kind of easter egg involving the covenant. Perhaps they would only be mentioned by name and nothing else, or maybe they could add some way to release the flood from some sort of containment vessel?
>>
File: 7a3.jpg (25 KB, 307x386)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>62509460
>release the flood from some sort of containment vessel?
Doubtful, the covvies were terrified of the flood, I sincerly doubt they would use them as a weapon, even if they somehow had the ability to
Fun fact, apparently Bungie felt Halo Wars was "whoring out" the franchise. Hilarious considering what 343 did later
>>
File: 1567127844320.jpg (554 KB, 2400x1841)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>62509476
I was saying maybe some kind of research thing or something. The covenant are easily more fearful of the parasite than the humans ever were simply because they are aware of what the flood are truly capable of. I feel for most of humanity the flood was simply another boogeyman (until they landed in africa, kek).

Halo wars is kino, I feel like over the years Bungie became fucking retarded and bloated like most other gaming companies. Look at the state of Destiny, have you heard about what they are doing to Marathon? Its a real shame. Unless we get a company that has pride for and cares about Halo I highly doubt we will see another great Halo game. 343i just aint it.
>>
File: 1356984867880.jpg (352 KB, 1450x1600)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>
>>62509444
>Neither of those game settings have anything to do with bungie not wanting to make the flood,
Oh they certainly do. An ODST game could have taken place on Alpha Halo, Delta Halo, or the Arc if Bungie wanted to have flood combat integrated into it. Reach was not contractually obligated to take place during the fall or Reach. Bungie specifically wanted to make it knowing it would conflict with previous lore. If Bungie wanted to make another game featuring the Flood they could have but the company made a conscious decision to oust the flood and it most likely because Bungie recognized the flood were weakly integrated into Halo 2 and 3.
>>
File: 1429504376955.jpg (159 KB, 1600x781)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>
>>62508234
>>62508293
The term is series hybrid drive, plug-in hybrid cars have it.
>>
>>62509460
>There was basically no way for the flood to be a part of the earlier games simply because they were unknown to most/all of humanity at that point.
Ensemble studios managed to include them in Halo wars. I stand by my theory that Bungie simply thought the flood were a weak gameplay element.
>>
File: 1426789105656.jpg (290 KB, 1245x700)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>62509555
>Ensemble studios managed to include them in Halo wars.
And they had to put EVERY single survivor from that game in cryosleep until after the war ended since the only broad reveal of the Flood was during the battle of Installation 04
>>
>>62509571
Oh wow, it's not like Bungie killed off all but one of the characters of Reach....
>>
File: ONR CTV.jpg (95 KB, 800x534)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>62509555
Bungie didn't approve of Ensembles treatment of Halo, and considering the fact that the Spirit of Fire is alone and isolated on the Forerunner planet means that even if this is lore accurate, it is unreasonable to claim the SoF could warn humanity of the flood. I consider Halo Wars non cannon, just some fun with the property, Ensemble made sure to check off all the 'Halo' boxes when making the game, and that included adding the Flood.

A side note, I wish the Warthog looked more like this, it is more realistic and badass. Looks like a fucking Armored Car Hotrod. Just plop this chassis on top of the preexisting Warthog suspension and BOOM, way fucking better and cooler warthog.
>>
File: 01cromagnanman.jpg (228 KB, 370x400)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>62509580
>Oh wow, it's not like Bungie killed off all but one of the characters of Reach....

All but two, 6 is now a caveman on reach banging rocks together. He is a lone wolf after all. Jun is teh only one based enough to make it off Reach.
>>
>>62509476
M favorite part about Halo Wars is how it puts light to the fact the UNSC is just future GDI from C&C.
>>
>>62509037
there's no conversation to be had because it's utterly self evident

>quippy donut steel OC Spartans
>soap opera-tier unearned drama
>CoD gameplay
>guns feel lower impact than 1-3
>vehicles feel lower impact than 1-3

Reach gets a lot of nostalgic leeway for being Bungie's goodbye to the games and for some memorable moments like Current Objective: Survive, it's really not a bad game but you can see all the shit that would metastasize into terminal ass cancer under 343 in it
>>
>>62509713
Halo Reach is a mixed bag. It wasn't terrible but it fell way short of previous entries in the series. I'll at least lay out the positives first
>Forge
Easily Reach's best feature. It was the best map maker for a console shooter and only got outdone by Halo 5's. Granted no one realized that version of Forge existed. Problem is that the only worthwhile forge space was Forge World so every map became a homogenized mess of Green and Gray. Why one of the DLC maps wasn't a new forge space, I'll never know.
>Custom Games
Some of the most varied options in game types for a multiplayer game. Easy to navigate and set up with plenty of unique options never seen again. Definitely helped the game's longevity.
>Art Direction/Cinematography
Honeslty it's the best Halo's ever looked. UNSC looks gritty but stylistic enough to not get too muddy and the Covenant looks nearly at its best with a few failures like the Brutes just looking stupid.
>Music
No shit it's good. It's Marty's work. Doesn't reach ODST levels of eargasm but it gets close
>Campaign Gameplay
Easily the most consistent Campaign experiences in Halo. Not a single dud level thanks to its focus on the Covenant and lack of flood. However it also has no true highlight levels that stand out. It ends up getting stale far quicker as a result.
>>
>>62509762
Cont.

Now for the bad
>Multiplayer
I don't know how but Bungie made a halo game that is slower and more methodical than Halo 3 despite adding a sprint feature. The armor abilities all halt combat by either creating short instances of invulnerability or short instances of escape. The reticle bloom once again slows the pace of combat while adding randomness to a game that doesn't need it. The game's focus on long range combat also turns matches into boring pop and shot scuffles between campers.
>Weapons
Easily Halo's worst arsenal. Instead of utilizing fun and effective staples to the halo sandbox bungie decided they wanted more creative concepts and none of them work. The needle rifle, focus rifle, grenade launcher, plasma repeater, and plasma launcher are all terrible weapons and make one long for the Beam rifle and Carbine. There's a reason most the arsenal never returned
>Maps
The reuse of campaign spaces in unforgivable. It not only cheapens the Multiplayer experience and it cheapens the campaign. The spaces themselves are lack luster and no where near fun to fight in as previous games. The only fun maps came from Forge World and even then constantly fighting on halo got boring within minutes.
>Campaign Narrative
Personally its just as bad as anything 343 has written. Forced emotional trama with characters that aren't developed enough to even care about. The game doesn't have a main objective until the second to last mission and even then its to sloppily tie the game with the original trilogy. The game can't even succeed at telling a story of abject failure because Noble team sees more successes than losses in game.
>>
>>62509037
>>62509713
Yes and no
Story wise it’s because Joe Staten was busy writing Destiny lore that would mostly be thrown out of a window and the other Bungie writers are mediocre at best without him
The gameplay was mostly Bungie not wanting to make Halo any more so much that they made Reach into the Destiny pre alpha by their own admission, 343 still would’ve done the mother of all bag fumbles in more or less the same way even if Reach was Halo 3.5
>>
>>62508500
Because you’re seeing the UNSC army
>>
>>62509762
>Honeslty it's the best Halo's ever looked. UNSC looks gritty but stylistic enough to not get too muddy and the Covenant looks nearly at its best with a few failures like the Brutes just looking stupid.
Hard disagree on this. The UNSC looked good, but I really didn't like how busy they made all the Covie designs, or at least the Elites. In the original trilogy the Elites were always very sleek looking. They had some glowy bits, but they weren't covered in glow strips and greebles. Reach Elites on the other hand have tons of goofy shit hanging off of then breaking up the iconic silhouette.
>>
File: 1600px-H5G-M820model.jpg (107 KB, 1600x900)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>62508127
Hi, I'm M820 Scorpion and I used 150mm!
>>
File: 1280px-HR-B029.png (1.98 MB, 1920x1080)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>62509114
Actually those are unsc air force pilots, the sabres fall under their jurisdiction. The extra troopers accompanying jorge were either air force or army as well
>>
>>62509593
But can it fly?
>>
reach sucks
dmr sucks
>>
>>
>>62511610
What's that?
>>
>>62511697
The cut stealth tank from CE
>>
>>
>>62511920
>stealth tank
>visible
I can see why it was cut.
>>
>>62508127
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.