[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1932.jpg (3.89 MB, 4032x3024)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB JPG
Hello. My cat pissed on my bed and got cat piss on 2 of my ak’s. I will post pictures. And one of them got it bad. I’m wondering how to clean it off?. I will post what im using to clean it but I want help. It was probably left overnight so it’s dry. It’s a zastava zpap m85pv chambered in 5.55. Thank you!
(The zastavas on the right)
>>
smart cat
>>
File: IMG_1934.jpg (3.02 MB, 4032x3024)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
Heres my cleaning supplies
>>
File: IMG_1936.jpg (2.68 MB, 4032x3024)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
And here’s a better pic of the mess please
>>
File: IMG_1937.jpg (3.03 MB, 4032x3024)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>62510303
>>62510308
Please help here’s the other side of the zastava it didn’t go through. It’s just on one side. Is it saved?
>>
>>62510315
That sucks. I'd poke around on pet forums and see what chemical or cleaner neutralizes the urine, clean down to metal and re oil. I don't have personal experience with cats but nature's miracle is a goto for dogs and a cat neighbor borrowed some from me and said it worked. Got it at a truevalue.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.58 MB, 4032x3024)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
I had a cat vomit into my PPS-43. Yes, into and not onto. It seeped into the action lol. Fucked with the finish on the receiver too
>>
File: image.jpg (2.97 MB, 4032x3024)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
I forgot I also have this gun cleaner. Will this help at all please?
>>
>>62510336
Did you save it at all?>>62510331
Can you see what cleaners I have and tell me if they would work? I already rubbed some CLp into the area. but i honestly dont know what im doing.
>>
bump please
>>
>>62510299
Give it a shower
>>
>>62510380
i already rubbed clp into it. should i rub clp into. and scrub it and use the eezox spray on it?? cuz idk thats what im about to do.
>>
i just read online i might have to take my ak apart and soak them in baking soda? but my cat didnt pee DIRECTLY on the ak, it was soaked up by the bed and the ak was just lying in it. WHAT DO?
>>
File: IMG_1940.jpg (3.88 MB, 4032x3024)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
I just soaked it in CLP
>>
yeah, they're fucked
>>
>>62510486
are you serious
>>
File: cat and cartridges.jpg (122 KB, 1001x1024)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>62510299
lmao this thread takes me right back
god speed OP
>>
Im looking online for answers too, im not just asking you guys and being helpless. im trying to learn by myself too.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.13 MB, 4032x3024)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
I been scrubbing at it with that brush. And cop. Should I just take the bolt out and the trigger and soak it in baking soda or something?
>>
>>62510517
Without ever having had that happen, my default would be that you'd just look up whether it's an acid and if so neutralize it with baking soda and water. Disassemble, clean any wood separately. For metal/plastic, ultrasonic if you have it, but detergent and water is completely fine for one cleaning on basically anything so long as you then instantly dry it afterwards (hair dryer or something might speed it up), then CLP, then oil.

If any actual material was physically damaged may just have to live with it or seek more serious restoration, but pure piss while nasty isn't like vomit as the other anon mentioned, no big chunks of organic material and you should be able to clean it off pretty conventionally even from the fine assemblies. Real guns are designed to get muddy and go through (sometimes literal) shit then get cleaned off.

Don't panic anon, it'll be alright. Hang your funs on a rack or the wall or put them in a sealed case going forwards is all.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.12 MB, 4032x3024)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>62510544
I already used clp but I’m gonna get a towel or something and get it wet with hot water and then I just dump baking soda on the area and clean it normally? Thanks
>>
>>62510537
I'd more lean towards just getting a few tubs and full immersion of parts (without the wood) in a few different baths vs trying to scrub. CLP is cheap for a one off event.
>>
>Must rugged weapon in the world
>Ruined by some cat piss
Can't wait for the Ukies to weaponize this.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.14 MB, 4032x3024)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
Like this? With the baking soda?
>>
>>62510299
My cat pissed on my fine German airgun and ruined the finish and somehow corroded the aluminum. Deep clean that shit. Check how much new furniture would cost you because putting the catpiss soaked pieces back on might cause corrosion
>>
If it's blued and starting to rust, stick it in boiling water to turn the red iron oxide into black oxide and then rub it with 000 steel wool; congrats, you just rust blued your gun. From your pic, it looks pitted already, you're not going to be able to fix that.
If I were you I'd disassemble it completely and dunk it in the tub first thing and scrub the gunk off then dry it and oil completely.
I don't know why the fuck you're still doing this while it's assembled. Take the pistol grip and safe off at least you fucktard.
>>
>>62510586
I dont think they peed directly on the gun. They peed on the bed next to it probably and the gun was just sitting in it. but obviously didnt soak the whole gun just that part. its still insane. i was thinking of calling a gun shop and see if they'll deep clean it but tryna save money. and dont know if they will be fair. i got it soaking in baking soda as you see. and just gonna i guess take the whole thing apart. shit.
>>
>>62510594
>I don't know why the fuck you're still doing this while it's assembled. Take the pistol grip and safe off at least you fucktard.
I wasnt expecting this.
>>
>>62510576
Jesus christ calm down and slow down anon. No I meant baking soda dissolved in water IF it's an acid, since acid can etch metal. Just a gentle neutralizing bath. Followed by just using plain water, then fully drying, see how you're doing, then full immersion in CLP, let it sit for awhile, let it drain, see how you're doing. Look up what is done with an ultrasonic cleaning. In fact ask if any of your buddies already have one you might be able to use. Piss will dissolve in water so you should have no issue getting it all out of there, then reoiling the gun without letting any rust form and reprotecting it. Since it's been oiled all along that'll have helped protect it anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.91 MB, 4032x3024)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>62510606
I appreciate you. Stand by. Also it’s probably been sitting there for at least 24 hours. I hope I can save it. This ain’t a troll or nothing I’m just like desperate lol I don’t have any special tools but I’m gonna dissemble the whole gun or the part that’s fucked and do that
>>
>>62510606
>>62510594
Basically this
>take apart completely
>clean all pieces in warm water with baking soda
>rinse off all the baking soda water
>boil in a pot but put something between it and the bottom of the pot (not super heat conductive like a piece of wood or anything) so it doesn’t get the direct heat but just the boiling water
>red oxide turns to black oxide
>take out, scrub lightly with the finest steel whool you’ve got
>re-oil and reassemble
There you go, that wasn’t so bad was it?
>>
File: image.jpg (3.38 MB, 4032x3024)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
I’m trying to take the trigger control group out and I got the hammer springs back, but can’t lift the safety selector off? Is it different or am I just weak af?
>>
>>62510653
Watch a YouTube tutorial and put some muscle into it. I don’t know if this is the case but sometimes things don’t go apart as easy as it looks on videos. Like the gas tube on my SKS I have to angle a wooden peice under it and give it a smack to pop it out even with the lever in the right position.
Now do this >>62510628 and post pictures of the gun after along with your cat.
>>
>>62510676
Yes sir
>>
Time for babbys first spray paint job. It's an AK man.
>>
>>62510628
This.
Fyi vinegar will kill the smell of cat piss. But on metal probably anythingnthat will clean it will work.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.03 MB, 4032x3024)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
here is the little shit who peed on my guns for those asking btw
>>
File: image.jpg (2.79 MB, 4032x3024)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
Dude I’m hitting this bitch with a hammer and it’s not moving? Is this shit welded or pinned or something? Wtf
>>
File: image.jpg (2.35 MB, 4032x3024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
I could not take the selector safety off this zpap m85 so i just dumped it in this cup with baking soda solution. Will this work? Will it damage the trigger group?
>>
>>62510775
And how long should I leave it soaking? I was gonna let it set for 30 mins.
>>
>>62510299
i would suggest fully disassembling the gun and scrubbing it with water, maybe dish soap, then drying each part with a towel if you're just trying to remove all traces of other stuff. if you dry it right you should be able to just grease it up and put it back together no problem after. if you're not a retard with drying it it's safe to do.
>>
>>62510812
>>62510775
This is the last thing I did to it, it's currently sitting in that pitcher with hot water and baking soda. Ima let it soak for 30 mins. Did I do good? I just could not take the safety selector off even with a rubber mallot!
>>
File: image.jpg (2.97 MB, 4032x3024)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
Here’s what it looks like now….
>>
>>62510701
cute cat!
>>
>>62510299
wipe it with a rag you dipped into water amd pressed out till its nearly dry. You need to remove soluble salts before you use any gun cleaner. Also put Eerox into the trash, its causing cancer
>>
>>62510494
Did some dudes cat pee on his ammo stash?
>>
>>62510701
What a cute lil shithead.
>>
this is why I like aluminum and polymer guns
>>
Sounds like your cat doesn't like you
>>
I'd disassemble and rinse it really good in cold water to get the piss off, let it try really good and then oil the whole gun. It wont fix any of the damage that's been done but it should keep it from getting worse.
>>
>>62511004
yeah, the salt in urin keeps going every fucking day. OP should be good after all his work, some oil and it will stop doing demage. Now OP can think about remiving the rust, getting cold blue or whatever
>>
>>62510494
>buy headers from summit
>faggots sent me rusty return that got restocked
>had left it in the living room in the box waiting to return it
>watch my newly aquired kitten climb into the box
>know exactly what shes doing because i trained her to shit inside a cardboard box
>dont even look inside
>tape it up
>shipped it back
>>
>>62510299
>>62510315
>>62510322
why did you not just hose it off immediately
like take it out back and squirt it with the hose
>>
>>62511767
because im a noob retard and didnt know if the water would damage any internals LOL........ im serious dont insult me please
>>
No Haitian cat rescues you can give the pisser to?
>>
psa to retards who dont know:
male cats cannot be kept indoors
they habitually piss everywhere.
>>
How do I tell my wife I'm tired of living with pets and I wish to have just a few years without pets when they pass?
>>
>>62511807
when my parents pass i intend to shoot the remaining dogs, i absolutely loathe having the back yard be a dogshit mound.
>>
>>62511805
That is only if they keep their balls.
>>
>>62510689
Hes too stupid to just dunk the thing in his sink/tub in soapy water followed by a clip spray down. You really think he's going to be able to paint a gun without it being fucked up?

He also owns a cat so he's literally, not figuratively, affected by brains eating prions.
>>
>>62511784
yeah water will damage the internals but it will damage it slower than cat piss lol
here's the basic guide for cleaning guns:
optional step 1: hose everything off because holy shit get this crud out of my gun (use this step every single time you shoot a black powder weapon)
optional step 2: specifically neutralize any chemicals (for example if you get barf on it soak it in water with baking soda, for piss use dilute vinegar solution)
step 3: scrub things with gun cleaner (Hoppes #9 if it's bad, CLP or whatever if it isn't)
step 4: wipe it up
step 5: oil it up (CLP if you dgaf, lard/bacon grease if you're a hobo, motor oil if you're insane, hoppes #9 if you don't know what you're doing)

scrub and oil are the important parts lol
>>
I forgot that dawn dish soap is an extremely powerful option for step 2/3 (use it for black powder)
>>
File: image.jpg (3.25 MB, 4032x3024)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>62511874
Thank you. So after soaking it in that pitcher, I re soaked it in boiling hot water with baking soda and dish soap. Left it in for like 10 mins. Took it out and scrubbed it dried it with a hair dryer. Oiled it and took it to the range, I rapid fired it no problems! :) but I will definitely spend the next couple days REALLY cleaning it good. I’m going to be responsible with my things. I read all you replies and memorize them.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
Here’s the other pisser btw. I have 2 pissers.
>>
>>62511904
yeah
the big thing is cleaning anything that moves or slides, like the trigger parts and the bolt
>>
File: original.jpg (63 KB, 1125x633)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>62511913
Looks like a nebelung. Here's mine
>>
>>62511936
Dang they look so alike! Yours is much fluffier tho I wanna say you brush them? Nice pussy tho
>>
>>62511948
No, I don't brush him he's just a meticulous nest freak.
>nice pussy tho
Thanks you too
>>
>>62511817
I sincerely hope Richard Ramirez II passes thru your unlocked back door the night you do this anon...
>>
>>62511959
Mines female.
>>
>>62510624
holy OCD
>>
>>62511994
I am so very sick of animals anon you just dont understand.
>>
>>62510976
>Did some dudes cat pee on his ammo stash?
Yep, back in 2019 or something iirc, but hard to remember now. Thread was hilarious though and then someone made that image and it was perfect. I love my little battle buddies and luckily they're super good about litter or outside overall, but I'm still careful about funs getting left out. And there was one time where I got a couple kittens from a barn, was lazy about neutering, and didn't realize the little girl had become a little queen until the territory marking around the house and meowing at the windows for toms started happening. That was a memorable event, hadn't encountered it in decades.
>>
>>62510299
you have to neutralize the urine with milk. it’ll reverse the damage due to the ph change
>>
>>62510388
>>62510554
Take the stock, handguards, etc. off, disassemble it fully. Get some of that good spray bottle Dawn, get the tub on warm/hot, spray your gun down, and start scrubbing it with a nylon brush in said warm/hot soapy water like you're cleaning your dishes. When you rinse the soap out, rinse it under HOT water, hang the guns with a piece of wire, either bailing wire or sacrifice a coat hanger, from your shower curtain rod if it isn't a total piece of shit. Put a fan on them or a heater on low facing the guns and close the door to get the room nice and hot and dry. The wood...good fucking luck. Clean it with dawn but don't expect miracles when it comes to getting the stink out.

>>62510576
Jesus anon lol
>>
>>62510653
It could probably stay in place no problem during cleaning. You really gotta get that baking soda washed out though.
>>
>>62511904
That looks good. I forgot to mention to RE-OIL EVERYTHING but it seems you know that; the thing is oil soaked lol. Just keep it off the wood as much as possible. PITA to clean out of the fibers.
>>
File: 84472751138000.jpg (49 KB, 672x472)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>62510701
MeeeeOwwwlll!
>>
>>62510299
just wash it off with distilled water to dilute the uric acid, maybe use 90% iso to remove the water, then clean it normally and apply a light coat of oil to the guns
you are essentially trying to remove corrosive salts from metal, so do what you would do to the barrel after shooting corrosive ammo.
you do know how to clean a gun after shooting corrosive ammo, right?
water doesn't cause rust, the shit that's in solution in water causes rust. hence using distilled water.
>>
>>62510303
>export secondsies in 5.56
i agree, smartest cat
>>
>>62510336
Maybe the Haitians have a point about cats.
>>
>>62510299
they're gonna stink forever.
>>
File: laugh_in_the_snow.webm (23 KB, 500x280)
23 KB
23 KB WEBM
holy fuck OP, thanks for the laugh. Just disassemble it and clean it.
>>
File: 1652345854101.jpg (120 KB, 960x718)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>62510701
why is it always orange cats acting like shitheads
>>
>>62510701
Give him to Haitians
>>
File: IMG_0244.gif (1.95 MB, 638x530)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>62510353
>that wrist and hand
>>
>>62511807
You shouldn’t have married someone you have fundamental differences with.
>>
>>62510576
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>62510701
Nice cat.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.