[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Apertures_E_c.jpg (82 KB, 1128x754)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Is there a good way to figure out aperture insert size beyond just trying a bunch and figuring out which works best?
>>
>>62511324
*vaginas joke*
>>
>>62511324
you could make your own by taping over the current one then poking different sized holes in it. though it really depends on what you want to do with the gun.
>>
>>62511324
Like anything else in real life, there is no meta, it depends on your application. Larger apertures are less precise but you can acquire the target faster. They also work better in low light. Smaller apertures are the opposite. Something like a tactical shotgun or a dangerous game rifle uses a huge aperture, like a quarter inch or perhaps even bigger, because speed is most important and you're shooting at close enough ranges that the accuracy isn't relevant. A target rifle might have a super tiny pinhole because that application doesn't give a crap about speed and accuracy is all important.
>>
I have one of the skinner express sights on my homesteader. Light, range, and how cooperative your eyes feel and target color are going to affect which aperture is the best.. I ended up getting the small, medium and large ones and sometimes using the ring without an aperture.. just get a nice pouch to keep them in so they don’t get lost.
>>
The closer the aperature is to your eye, the smaller peep you can get away with.
You want smaller because it makes alignment even tighter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.