[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I think about purchasing a gun, but I'm not sure about all that secondary stuff. It's not the matter of money but the looks for me. Stock 1911 and Glock both look good. Placing sights and compensator or flashlight is like placing a spoiler or fire stickers on a car. Looks awful and very yokel.
>>
>>62511988
I don't know what the best thing is on your pistol for self defense, but I can tell you for sure what the worst thing is: BUTTER. Hoo boy, was that ever a *slippery* situation if you catch my drift.
>>
>>62511988
The attachments can make the gun more fun for range use, which is probably the only place you will ever shoot the gun, but they are functionally irrelevant for self defense. They can provide a measurable advantage, but the chance of it mattering within the context a self defense shooting is less than that of getting struck by lightning and seeing the DVD logo hit the corner on the same day.
>>
Red dots are good for self defense situations where you need to shoot someone at long distance in the back while they are running away from you.
>>
>>62512011
We talkin' about real BUTTER here; or that faux wanna be butter, vegetable oil/ seed oil bullshit? I can wrangle me some REAL BUTTER, if you know what I'm sayin', but I'd rather be shot, than deal with that vegan friendly slop masquerading as a proper spread.
>>
>>62511988
Only if you're trash at shooting
>>
>>62511988
>good for self defense?
yes, and no. It depends. At close enough distance you just point shoot. If far enough away you need to aim then a red dot is good if your eye sight is bad to the point you can not pick up the "iron" sights fast enough, but you need to practice so that you pick up the red dot quickly (is it bright enough, are you pointing the gun properly and putting it in front of your eye properly). If its really dark a green laser is great - you can easily just point the gun from any position putting the laser on the target and firing are few hundred rounds at it. If you cant see the laser easily its too light and need the red dot.
>>
Thanks for answering. I think I'll just purchase a stock gun and train it over and over again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.