[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What would happen if a country made an undectable submarine that has 120,000 tonne displacement equipped with enormous mass driver cannon capable of raining nuclear warheads at mach 10 at your cities.
>>
>>62515787
I would be excited. It would mean technology has advanced to the point that I can probably get femboys and transgirls pregnant.
>>
>>62515802
Enjoying your assworms?
>>
>>62515835
I'm worm free.
>>
>>62515787
>What would happen if a country made an undectable submarine that has 120,000 tonne displacement equipped with enormous mass driver cannon capable of raining nuclear warheads at mach 10 at your cities.
We'd stick with Trigger, and we'd make it.
>>
>>62515787
salvation
>>
>>62515787
Global Thermonukular War
>>
>>62515787
Icbms move at mach 20 or something. I'm not sure about slbms.

Not running the numbers, but being able to achieve mach 10 right at launch might further reduce the warning time before impact, compared to regular slbms.

If so, such a technology would make first strikes/decapitation strikes even more feasible, destabilising the nuclear balance.
>>
>>62515787
america would make a better one.
>>
>>62515960
Taking the notion seriously (and OP is a retard, it wasn't undetectable at all just normal quality sub stealth, they could find it with a sonar net, no reason mass under water microphones and extensive sub hunting couldn't find it too, plus to use its super gun it had to surface and thus would be spotted right away from space), the range was impressive for a gun (3000km/1900mi) but only 1 kT yield, and not rapid fire. Fundamentally, that means it couldn't actually really affect second strike capability, it was very strictly (even if there were a dozen of them) and genuinely a tactical weapon. And even if you can't easily stop the shells, you still know from the nuclear finger print which country they came from (not that many countries could do a project like that, the list would be short or like, 1 or 2). So you'd immediately launch a nuclear counter strike that would be far more devastating. Underwater carriers as a concept have limited value, mostly in some sort of special forces role, combined with massive tradeoffs (totally putting aside expense) which is why it has never been done.

What made it a threat in-universe was that a madlad gone rogue had taken it over, so the problems didn't matter since he was perfectly willing to die and sacrifice a huge asset just to accomplish a single tactical goal, and as an independent rogue actor MAD wouldn't hold him back. No IRL country would have the same calculations.
>>
>what would happen if physics wasn't constrained by real world physics

all sorts of crazy shit dude, all sorts.
>>
>>62516545
>What made it a threat in-universe was that a madlad gone rogue had taken it over, so the problems didn't matter since he was perfectly willing to die and sacrifice a huge asset just to accomplish a single tactical goal, and as an independent rogue actor MAD wouldn't hold him back. No IRL country would have the same calculations.
it's a universe with giga-weapons and large-scale war regularly happening
Alicorn wasn't just useful because it was a big nuclear sub, it was useful also because it was a counter to both the arsenal birds and arkbird. like a billion dollars worth of materiel and manpower was annihilated by Trigger near stonehenge, being able to use a tactical nuke to neutralize it would have been more viable
>>
>>62515856
But he got every wingman save Nickleback killed.
>>
>>62516832
lol wut. did you play the game?
>>
File: 1554535959731.jpg (1.25 MB, 1700x2338)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>62515787
>undetectable
>raining nuclear warhead at mach 10
Worse than your average nuclear missiles sub, the projectile would just be less maneuverable even with "hypersonic dodging" ability.
Classic submarines also don't need to surface to shoot their nukes.

I would be disappointed we build such vessel instead of more useful things.
At the technological level of the schizo world of Air Combat you would have no problem exploiting the resources of the moon.
>>
>>62515787
>gets fucking rekt by a Seawolf with a full spread of Mk48 at 1/100th of the cost
Strangreal should be renamed into MICwithunlimitedreasources.
>>
>>62516855
Off the top of my head it's a couple in Golem, all named Spare save Count (all didn't die flying, I'll give you that), Cyclops 1, and I could have sworn that some of Strider died, but that one is a bit iffy.
The biggest mark against sticking with Trigger is that the guy who originally said it died shortly after reunifying with him.
>>
>>62515787
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want them to do you so much you could do anything?
>>
>>62518862
No? None of them were his wingmen just fellow squad. In Mage he was a junior nobody and nobody was following him. In Spare he was an outcast at first, only started getting folks following him later. And can't be blamed for someone being stabbed in the back by his own side. Everyone who made it through the last mission together then went to go fight on land except count, you hear them all in the final mission, and one kicks it but that's inside the space elevator fighting. Can't be blamed for that one either. Cyclops wasn't under him either. Strider did fine.

It's only at the very end of the game that he's become this legendary figure. And if you're fairly quick dealing with the AI you can save most of the dudes in the finale, in fact technically it's possible to save everyone but not merely nearly impossible but the game doesn't actually give you any credit for it and dings your score. One of the few flaws.
>>
>>62515787
It would get countered by Arsenal Gear.
>>
>>62516545
>never been done.
Ahem. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400-class_submarine
>>
>>62516910
That fort is so poorly designed. You enemy literally has the advantage since they can use the mountains around it to shoot down into your fortress, meaning the fort provides absolutely no cover.
>>
>>62515802
canadian moment
>>
>>62515787
...? Metal Max 3's Jagganath?
>>
>>62515835
MOOOOOOOOOODS
this faggot wants some worms

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.