[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: xm5.jpg (167 KB, 2048x1065)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Would've make sense to field test new rifle, so it could be improved asap (like it happened with e.g. CZ Bren 3 or MSBS Grot A3).
>>
Too much risk of russkies stealing it probably so no.
Plus, you can't really field test if all the people doing the testing die and can't report back the results.
>>
>field rifle chambered to defeat body armor against people who don’t have body armor
>>
>>62516237
no Ukraine is a serious conflict and would have exposed SIG.
>>
>>62516249
Is there actually any risk of Russia stealing it? Like yeah, they could take it, but to what end? It's not like they could start making XM5s themselves. What could they even really learn from them? They would basically just be taking a more powerful weapon that they have no means to actually implement changes or improvements from.
>>
>>62516267
They probably already know how it works from spies/leaks from the optics end of things, which is the only useful new info for them. They could probably take one apart and put it back together, but there isnt a whole lot of info to be gained they dont have and it isnt like they could produce anything similar in numbers
>>
>>62516249
>Too much risk of russkies stealing it probably so no.
You mean literally the rifle, or precious 6.8 technology that isn't a secret as it's mass produced?
>Plus, you can't really field test if all the people doing the testing die and can't report back the results.
Feedback works for other rifles.
>>62516257
>field rifle chambered to defeat body armor against people who don’t have body armor
But Russians are literally the people who were intended to be shot at with this rifle (other than Chinks).
>>
united states has been retarded regarding this

they should dump crates of these into the hands of ukies
>>
>>62516257
>chambered to defeat body armor
It isnt, but please continue repeating this bullshit.
>>
Slow bureoucratic mess cannot make fast effective solutions.
>>
>>62516249
They could literally buy one and smuggle it out of wherever they bought it easily dude.
There is nothing special or revolutionary about the latest shit pile SIG pushed out.
>>
>>62516237
>Is pic related being use in Ukraine?
>>62516249
>Plus, you can't really field test if all the people doing the testing die and can't report back the results.
Grim^ but true

>>62516299
>they should dump crates of these into the hands of ukies
it would be fucking worthless
that rifle was made for the wars in the desert, NOT the current war

the meta in this war IS DEFINITELY NOT LESS AMMO/BIGGER BULLET thats for fucking sure
by the time this war is over
shotguns are going to be hot-shit again
>>
>>62516288
Well when we were field testing stuff in Iraq and Afghanistan, Americans weren't dying left and right due to thousands of drones and artillery strikes.
The Ukraine war is a blood bath.
>>
>>62516237
Considering it's chambered in the 6.8, probably not. There's plenty of 5.56x45 and 5.45x39 and probably some 7.62x39 sprinkled here and there but 6.8x51 isn't made anywhere but the USA atm so dumb idea to be sending a gun with limited ammo to go around.
>>
>excuses
>more excuses
Just admit it's useless pigfat
>>
>>62516249
>Too much risk of russkies stealing it probably so no.
they can just buy it you retarded fuck
fuck is the point of having guns you dont have replacement parts for?
>>
>>62516237
>>62516249
>>62516267
>>62516284
>>62516299
RETARD
>>
>>62516533
ok then go buy a XM7 with some 6.8 ammo right now fucking retard
>>62516588
kys
>>
>>62516588
>screams retard at multiple view points
???
>>
>>62516976
I had tunnel vision over the sheer stupidity of OP's post. Why the fuck would anyone want to bring that piece of shit over there to test?
>>
I hope a couple of "volunteers" are running them on the front and giving feedback but at the same time the military is a political system more than anything and bad feedback isn't going to change anything in time to effect addoption.

>>62516249
Lol.
>>
>>62516990
Because it's not a piece of shit.
It's an innovative technological marvel that will change the field of warfare for many years to come.
>>
>>62516990
To actually tell if it is in fact a piece of shit instead of giving it a trial by screeching about it on the internet
>>
>>62516361
>that rifle was made for the wars in the desert, NOT the current war
I've seen interview with some volunteer fighting for International Legion. He said that he was (he died few months ago) using two rifles: 5.56 and good'ol M14 in 7.62. 6.8 would fit in eastern Ukraine with lots of open areas and literal steppe.
>>
>>62516249

Might be as good as it gets, it's just a gun. If it wasn't handed out it's because the logistics aren't feasible
>>
>>62516237
>Is pic related being use in Ukraine?
no
>>
>>62516237
The 5.56 and 7.62 versions have been spotted, I'm guessing as privately acquired weapons by volunteers. I can't imagine the 6.8 version makes any kind of sense in the field when hundreds of rounds per day are being consumed by the average rifleman.
>>
>>62517005
I don't care who SIG sends, I am not going to stop shitting on it!
>>
>>62517225
Stop being antisemetic or you WILL face consequences for defamation and slander of our company.
See you in court chuddy.
>>
>>62516249
It's just a reinforced AR-15 to be able to handle higher gas pressures. The only noteworthy part of it to steal would be the optics, but the gun as a whole can be field tested even with just your average red dot on it.
>>
>>62516375
It's only a barrel change away from 7.62
>>
File: 1707842767143117.jpg (229 KB, 2000x700)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>62516237
>Is [brand new rifle that is still in the very early adoption phase] being used in Ukraine
That's like asking if the B-21 is being sent
>>
>>62518345
the US is so stupid for this. They should send all of them to the Ukies to blow up the zigger filth
>>
>>62518345
>Is [brand new rifle that is still in the very early adoption phase] being used in Ukraine
That is literally what Poles did with their MSBS: early in the war they've sent some A0 version (basically a prototype) and something like 10000 of A1 (first adopted version) for Ukrainians to use in combat. Within a year there was A2 designed according to feedback with several tens of thousand being both send to Ukraine and bought by Polish army. After another year of field testing of thousands of A2, A3 started rolling out with further improvements.

XM5 was adopted in early 2022 and there would be probably XM7A2 version ready by now. Also lots of combat takes place on steppe and enemy is Russian army, which is basically combat scenario for which XM7 was adopted. If that's not a perfect opportunity to test this weapon in modern warfare for further improvements, then I don't know what is.
>>
>>62517222
>I can't imagine the 6.8 version makes any kind of sense in the field when hundreds of rounds per day are being consumed by the average rifleman.
But that's how they'll find out how 6.8 is doing in mass use. If I was arming my army with new calibre before they face mighty Chinkmen, this is exactly what I'd like to know.
>>
>>62518672
Congrats to them but clearly the US operates on an entirely different set of rules when it comes to this kind of stuff
>>
>>62516963
>buy a XM7 with some 6.8 ammo right now fucking retard
These are literally on gunbroker you dipshit.
>>
>>62518506
Aren't you supposed to be in jail for missing Trump?
>>
>>62518768
You sure? That's very similar to how XM16 was transforming into M16A1 within few years in Vietnam.
>>
>>62516370
Yeah. It's actually disgusting. I don't care for slavs in general but the nonstop bloody brutality is off-putting.
>>
>>62518768
The rules being sluggish slow inefficient bureaucracy?
>>
>>62516237
>sold on the black market to the highest bidder
>>62516299
fuck ukies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.