[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I’ve decided to take the first step towards losing my nogunz status. I’ve gone to ranges, tested different handguns, and I’ve settled on either the Springfield Armory Echelon or the Glock 19x. 9mm, both are roughly the same price, and I loved each of them. Which would you pick? Any recommendations that you think are better? I’m just looking for solid and reliable, something to put rounds through and train with.
>>
>>62516875
Doesn't matter. Glock has infinitely more aftermarket support and spare parts availability. The Springfield is perhaps higher quality (my experience) but less common. Based on your pictures, the Springfield has an optics cut which puts it ahead. Optics and lights are now ubiquitous even for daily carry iwb guns.
>>
>>62516875
glock hands down
>>
I don’t know
>>
Get a Glock 17/19/45/47.
>>
>>62516875
glock 19 for the after market - holsters, cheaper mags, slide cut assuming you're not getting a MOS
>>
>>62516875
Springfield looks cooler and isn't a generic glock like literally everyone has seen before
>>
>>62516875
the springfield is built in a place that pays 1/3rd the wages of glock and should be priced accordingly.

glocks are good if you actually use them. ignore the cop videos because cops just suck .
>>
>>62516875
19x beyond a shadow of a doubt
>>
>>62516958
>ignore the cop videos
lmao
>>
>>62516875
S&W M&P M2.0 compact 9mm
>>
>>62517046
If they still use that gay cope trigger, that's a big no go. They also have horrible quality even worse than glock
>>
>>62517046
I second this. The M&P 2.0 has a better trigger and better ergos than glock and has a retarded level of reliability.
>>
P365XL
>>
>>62517046
My dad actually owns one, I’ve just never been able to test it before. I’ll add it to the list.
>>
>>62516989
cops dont shoot, train or maintain their weapons.

people see jams and say glock bad, but anyone that actually shoots says glock gud.

I dont particularly like glocks grips but i own several Glock clones.
PSA dagger
multiple shadow systems
>>
File: 20702642.jpg (129 KB, 1320x1320)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Glock 19 gen 5 so you can carry it.
>>
>>62517046
this.
>>
>>62517466
actually no get this
>>62517046
>>
>>62516945
this, and specifically in the MOS (and tactical babyshit colored if you insist) variants of any of these. red dots let you focus on trigger and grip control without worrying about trying to align the front sight with the rear, learning to focus on the front sight without seeing two targets, etc etc. get the fundamentals down with a dot, then turn it off and start training your backup irons (remember to turn it back on when you're done at the range)
>>
File: GW6mxOJWMAAkClH.jpg (247 KB, 900x900)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
The echelon has a FCU so you are buying more than 1 "gun" down the line when they release the compact or subcompact

It has better sights and better slide serrations

its literally just a better glock
>>
>>62516924
is the echelon based on the XDM? Xdm trigger has more mush than glock
>>
bump
>>
>>62516875
beretta 92 or cz-75
>>
>>62517046
>S&W M&P M2.0 compact 9mm
This. Essentially just a Glock but marginally better and generally cheaper.
>>
>>62516875
Springfield because Glock is like saying you own a Honda Civic, which is to say it’s reliable but boring.
>>
>>62517466
Can't conceal it though
>>
>>62516875
Glock, hands down
Don’t need to tweak it either, just stick with stock, it will help your self defense case if you ever have to shoot anyone, too
Also, if you do buy a second gun, tons of other platforms take Glock mags so you don’t have to buy proprietary mags
>>
https://palmettostatearmory.com/anr-kydex-iwb-rh-holster-fits-psa-dagger-compact-and-full-size-s.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-compact-9mm-pistol-with-extreme-carry-cuts-rmr-threaded-barrel-with-10-15rd-magazines-pistol-case-flat-dark-earth.html

or pay more for just a glock
>>
>>62519351
You can conceal it youre a faggot who scared everyone can see a gun imprint like it's a glowing lighthouse i hate when inexperienced people try to pretend theyre helpful "compact pistols" are a shill always go full size
>>
>>62517046
Don't get an M&P they suck dick. The new ones have atrocious texturing that tries to replicate sandpaper that makes them suck to carry and the old ones had horrible triggers. Look at Walther PDPs or FN 509s
>>
>Get a glock 22

Heres why;
-used police surplus guns you can easily get a glock 22 for $300 range.
-huge market of used police holsters on ebay and local markets.
-buy a lonewolf 22-9 barrel ($100) its a drop in barrel and now you can shoot 40sw or 9mm with just a barrel swap
-when you get more adventurous you can buy a glock 31 (357sig) barrel which also drops right in. So now you can shoot 3 calibers
-the aftermarket parts and customization options are super popular and plentiful. This also makes them competitively priced and in turn ,cheap and affordable.
-Glocks are very well documented, very easy to work on and require minimal tools for customization.
-glock mags are likewise super cheap and super available (surplus options)

**research what is the most compatible gen for you and has the most options before you buy
>>
File: SW13571_2_HR.jpg (447 KB, 2000x2000)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>62516924
The best part of owning a Glock is getting to defend it every day when a video is posted of it jamming, and the CIA tranny mods don't even let us post very many shooting videos here, yet I just watched it jam yet again >>62517752

Get an M&P9, seems to be one of the most vetted plastic guns if you insist on cheapness. Thing is a torture test champion and has excelled in gunfight videos. The issue with Glocks is they malfunction if the shooter has to move, it throws off the Perfection™ physics. All circumstances have to be perfect for that POS to function.
>>
>>62517046
Yeah
>>
>>62517410
glocks are fine, change the sights, and be on your merry way
most people change all the internals with who knows what from who knows where installed by who the fuck all at bottom dollar prices

i've seen random cops with taran tactical everything, it makes 0 sense to me, because that's a fat comp shooter, but npcs and their movies...
>>
>>62519749
.40sw's only saving grace, is saving people money on caliber swaps
seriously why wouldn't you just throw away the .40 barrel? what .40 round is worth using?
>>
>>62517511
>The echelon has a FCU so you are buying more than 1 "gun" down the line when they release the compact or subcompact

Literally nobody ever really takes advantage of these features on any FCU gun because the frames always require different sized slides and the slide assemblies and the slide assemblies cost like 70% of a whole new gun, so guys just buy a second gun.
>>
>>62517410
This. Cops are lazy faggots and most cant shoot worth a shit.
>>
>>62519474
>go full size
>in 2024
Micro 9s can hold 17+ rounds. Full size is for insecure faggots who need MUH FULL GRIP HURRRR
>>
>>62519749
That's retarded. There is no reason to have multiple marginally different calibers for the same pistol.
>>
File: adebisi hat.jpg (13 KB, 320x249)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
fuck you guys, all these suggestions and no liks to good deals?

https://www.gtdist.com/used-glock-17-pistol-gen-4-9mm.html

OP just start with this. dont get any offbrand stuff
>>
>>62519681
>Unironically recommending two of the worst offerings on the market
Into the trash you go. 509 is an unfinished failure cope release by FN after getting thrashed in the MHS and the PDP is a poorly designed piece of shit that was shilled by some of the most dishonest guntubers. Either you're no guns or bad with money
>>
>>62522959
On that note, OP, gun.deals is a price aggregator site. Search for the SKU or model numbers you're interested in there.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.