[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gdams-1.jpg (188 KB, 1280x853)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
The reestablishment of barrel production grinds on in the bonglands. Posted on linkedin:

>Our vehicle agnostic 120mm Ground-based Deployable Mortar System (GDAMS), developed in partnership with ST Engineering, will be the first of its kind to be manufactured in the UK. To deliver accuracy under huge pressures, GDAMS demands an engineering solution of the highest quality which is why we are working with UK based Perfect Bore Manufacturing Ltd, subject matter experts in barrel design as our partner for 120mm barrel manufacture. By design, our work with them is supporting the re-establishment of barrel manufacture in the UK.
>>
>>62517462
>agnostic
The machine-spirit does not follow Christ?
>>
>>62517462
>Perfect Bore Manufacturing Ltd
Subtle name
>>
>>62517462
Seems like a lot of militaries are going with these light rapid-deployed 120 mm mortars. The Spanish are developing three of them: The Sherpa A2M, the Alakran, and the EMOC. Some were even sent over to the ukies for combat testing.
>>
babecock is a funny joke but this is a blue board, post the real company
>>
File: gdams-2.jpg (123 KB, 1280x960)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>62517638
gawdams he layin that pipe

>>62517569
The singaporeans have been trying to get customers for theirs for what seems like a decade now. Something I find puzzling is the affinity of low and middle income countries with serpentine coastlines for light mortars. Is it more about what they can manufacture with a degree of autonomy, or am I missing something about coastal defense that makes these especially useful?
>>
File: CC-1.jpg (1.46 MB, 1999x2480)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>62517462
I'd put my round in her tube.
>>
>>62517462
its a fucking mortar tube, a roadside shop in Pakistan can make a 120mm mortar tube
>>
File: 1695576196386495.png (305 KB, 797x448)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>62518537
A roadside picknick in Pakistan.
>>
>>62518537
They're making them for Ukraine.
>>
>>62517462
>Babcock GDAMS 120mm mortar
Why can't they just give normal names to things?
>>
>>62519594
Why would you want normal names when you can have fun.
Are you sure you're from this board.
>>
>>62518537
before someone's trashing pakistan, that same roadshop is making mp5 clones you guys ate like slops because you people are too poor to own actual HK guns
>>
>>62518537
There's more going on. The overarching initiative is called the "sovereign barrels" program and there's a funding scheme attached.

I don't know whether Babcock's text is marketing fluff or accurate, but they suggest that the mortar is essentially just an MVP on the road to full 120mm barrel production lines. Piggyback off orders from the british army for something they already need. Makes enough sense on its face, doesn't it?

That also aligns with what we already know about the government-approved plan for 105 and 155mm. For those calibers, they're starting with blanks. https://desuarchive.org/k/thread/62133493

The supacat GDAMS vehicle will get a public unveiling tomorrow or so. They might have more to say about the barrels later.

I might just be digging the hole deeper by mentioning it, but the project's association with the singaporeans actually makes me a lot more confident in its engineering rigor and quality than if it cmae out of the blue. STENGG makes good shit. They just struggle with product-market fit, because they have only recently come into enough resources to be able to design for more than just their domestic military. Their execs were very open about this at the most recent singapore airshow.
>>
File: gdams-3.jpg (182 KB, 1280x853)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>
>>62517811
>Something I find puzzling is the affinity of low and middle income countries with serpentine coastlines for light mortars. Is it more about what they can manufacture with a degree of autonomy, or am I missing something about coastal defense that makes these especially useful?
I think the coastline bit is simply a coincidence. The low- to middle-income part seems more relevant, since mortar tubes are cheaper and easier to build that howitzer barrels. Even that rifled frog mortar is cheaper to build than an equivalent gun barrel.
>>
>>62519812
Both you Indians and Pakis eat shit.
>>
>>62521602
>page 10
>thread ends on random thirdie seething
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nah tho
>>
>>62517638
>>62517811
>>62517462
in english for us non niggers?
>>
>>62525306
Retard.
Here, I'll simplify it for you:
"easy-make toob is good, make more quick, throw many boom".

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.