[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

If the mandela effect happened and you woke up as the ceo of a rival gun company to the big ones in the US (sig, fn, psa, smith, ruger, etc) What would your operation be like?
-physical stores vs digital
-Only sell your guns or be a distributor of other guns
-In house mfg or outsource your production
-Management of the company
-Ammo production yes or no
-chasing marketshare: MIL and/or LE vs Civ
-marketing, fudd vs tactical
-bureaucracy and other topic i havent mentioned
>>
>>62519762
sell rusty pipe shotguns with mlok handguards
$1200
use all the rest of my budget to shill it to guntubers
>>
>>62519773
Thats basically what gun companies do though
>>
>>62519786
so I'll be right at home
>>
I'd sell machine guns straight to consumers at cost, with a contract clause that says they're obligated to help protect against attacks by the government.
>>
>>62519786
I member that thread, what a load of shit that was
>single shot bolt action that needs to be manually cocked after the bolt closes
>it's innovative
>neva been done befo
>way better than a contender
>we don't need hammers that's Fudd shit
>357 magnum? What are you a boomer?
>22lr? Stop being ridiculous
>>
File: maxresdefault (14).jpg (222 KB, 1280x720)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>62520213
I should have made it the thread op

Pic rel also brings up the question: Do gun companies who put out dogshit products that dont work and then put out gen 2.1.1.1s with the tagline "We fixed it this time"
Is that basically live service games but live service guns instead
>>
>>62520337
I'd say so, or at the very least trying to make themselves look good in the eyes of customers for freely unfucking their products when that's the bare minimum they could do when it shouldn't've been necessary to unfuck it in the first place
See also PSA customers glazing customer support. If you had to contact customer support at any time with your product its fucking shit
>>
>>62519762
I would sell my company to PSA.
>>
>>62520946
Realistically what kind of size could PSA grow to
Could it be like walmart or target
>>
>>62519762
>no stores, sell through large distributors or dealer networks
>in house all critical components, outsource shot that doesn't matter
>partner with ammunition company for co-branded hunting ammunition that is just an aesthetically changed version of their existing product
>company owned by a handful of principals who directly manage the business, guns are a side show to our larger metal forging business
>chase civil sales, but also do subcontract work for government contracts
>Fudd marketing, logo is literally blaze orange
Line up would be hunting guns. Would get the bulk of sales by occupying the bottom of the market with cheap, okayish guns. Will also make high end, halo bolt rifles and O/Us. Would also make an obscure carry pistol in an odd caliber for a few years. Also, make a budget clones of issf style match pistols that we don't even sell in the US. The ar comes with a 5 round mag and 30mm scope rings instead of buis.
>>
>>62519935
I sort'a like u
>>
its kind of interesting to see what friendless schizos will come up with to bait anons into talking to them in their thread to feel less lonely
>>
>>62519762
>physical stores
>distribute both in house produced guns and other products al la PSA or Primary Arms
>in house mfg of all our brand products, of course outsource other brand's products
>poorly and incredibly autistically
>yes
>civ mostly with LE offerings
>old school military style advertising like the old enlistment posters
Primarily I want a store that's basically build a gun workshop. We have all the parts you want and all the tools you need to assemble anything from a glock to an AK. We also have reloading supplies and reloading benches to whip up your own handloads (of course we take no responsibility for damages or injuries caused by your own handloads). Our in house products will be shit like wood stocked bullpups and other fuddy tactical guns
>>
File: 1704102457268968.jpg (72 KB, 795x552)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>62520213
>way better than a contender
Funny thing is since that came out Thompson Center is getting back up and running with their own YT channel giving updates. Yeah, that's right, they're back from the dead meaning you could probably have a much nicer T/C Contender in a couple months and not be stuck with one caliber and a gun with no aftermarket.
>>
File: image-150.png (145 KB, 582x528)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>62521261
Erm... Ok.
>>
>>62521783
What gun?
>>
>>62521082
They're getting there. They've really made some smart moves being an almost 100% online retailer. If anything, I'd compare their likely future to Amazon. They have the online presence, and their physical locations are growing. They're currently dependent on separate FFLs for their products to sell, and some are extremely hostile to their business model, as it cuts them out. A place like my local outdoor range loves PSA, as they just want people to come and shoot. They don't care where you get your new gun from, as they aren't a gun store. They happily offer $15 transfers and have PSA stickers everywhere. Whereas, my local indoor range and gun shop hate them. The local indoor range, which is also technically a gun store where they have like 10 guns at ludicrous prices, normally has $20 transfers, but for PSA it's $50, which is the same price they charge if it's a product they already have in stock at the store, but they can't have PSA products in stock, so they're just jerks about it. My local just a gun store won't even do transfers for PSA products purchased on their website. That leaves PSA in a sticky situation in some areas where there are a lot of hostile stores where potential customers may need an FFL transfer.
I see PSA trying to tackle this in the future. Their big physical stores have already expanded outside of South Carolina, but setting up places like that is expensive and difficult. I see PSA taking the Amazon drop-off route to make ordering a complete PSA firearm much easier for a lot of people. Doing something like getting an extremely small storefront in a strip mall where they only handle transfers from PSA's website. The fees could be incredibly cheap ($10-5) to undercut all other FFLs. They could also be worked by only two employees, one to manage shipments and one to handle the actual transfers. The operating costs would be incredibly low and give them a physical presence in more states.
>>
>>62523273
I also wouldn't be shocked if you then saw a PSA+ type subscription in the future. Something like $100/yr where you get "free" shipping and transfers to their physical locations and home (if it's something like ammo or parts that can be shipped to a personal residence). I'd also see other perks like a rewards points program, first chance to purchase new product drops (which PSA does a lot to hype up now), and special offers. Considering that the average cost of PSA shipping is normally around $10, that means someone would need to make at least 11 orders to make it worth it, which most people won't do, but they'll still sign up because they perceive it as a value. It also compels people to order from PSA for anything firearm related because they have the subscription and feel like they need to get their value out of it, thus driving further sales.
>>
>>62520213
I would have been happy with 9mm too, but no, they went full retardium. don't worry, they have a threaded muzzle so you can supress your survival rifle in a supersonic cartridge so nobody hears you.
>>
>>62519762
>the mandela effect happened and you woke up as the ceo of a rival gun company
That's not how the Mandela Effect works.
>>
>>62523148
Thompson Center Scout pistol prototype, late 80s.
https://youtu.be/gTOnMRyKqII?t=222
>>
>>62521261
You doing alright?
>>
>>62523416
The steins gate effect
>>
>>62525568
Thank God for your reply, I'm so lonely!
>>
File: here_posted_it_again.png (13 KB, 128x128)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>62526297
>>
How to fix Winchester arms:
>Give every lever action a threaded barrel
Commission magpul to make a gucci version so the guntoobers have something to advertise
>Bring back the 1897
Done!
>>
>>62523351
Because as we all know the most necessary piece of kit for a lightweight takedown survival rifle is a supressor
>>
>>62519762
>marketing, fudd vs tactical
Why not kinda both? Not just making guns with style similar to the AC-556/Falcon Folder/A-TM/B-TM, I mean putting modern features on otherwise traditional looking guns; every companies is so afraid to mix the two. Just make all your nice wood stocked guns come with threaded barrels and nice thread protectors that just blend in with the look of the barrel. Offer your 22s drilled and tapped to accept a picatinny rail instead of leaving your customers stuck with fucking dovetail which are a nightmare to find good rings for. Offer some modern features on the wood stocked guns no matter whether it has a 16" barrel or standard length. Don't make the comb height retarded. Instead companies seem to think you either want a wood stock with a blued finish and no threads (and dovetail only on a 22) OR the holy fuck ultra tacticool ugliest color of cerakote you've ever seen in a plastic stock with tons of random bits of rail and MLOK all over it ONLY available in 16" with knockoff Magpul styling. Why not fucking both?
>>
If focus exclusively on manual action rifles. Bolt, pump and straightpull. Would be awesome seeing more technology being invested in these types as most of the world semi automatic centrefires are highly controlled compared to those.
>>
>>62530163
Meh, that's kinda already the case. Some new stuff that comes to market has threaded barrels and pic rails or at least tapped receivers. Tactical stuff like that is really an add-on that they use to upsell, much like including iron sights for example. The reason you don't see it more often is because everyone can get away with selling an opticless, sightless gun with one mag because that's the norm.
For me I like buying cheap guns and bolting on pic rails to the wood for a light and such
>>
File: aufmacher_768x432.jpg (35 KB, 768x432)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Can amorphous metals be used as furniture or non pressure bearing components?
>>
>>62529794
correct. you wouldn't be caught alive with an unsuppressed survival rifle.
>>
>>62532151
>amorphous metals
I don't think you are using amorphous in the correct context. amorphous means it has no (atomic) long range order. for metals this is achieved through extremely rapid cooling, which results in metallic glasses, which are used in exotic applications. Additively manufactured metal parts do, generally, have a small grain structure, but it is not on the scale of being amorphous. they are usable for all sorts of structural applications like rocket nozzles, complex geometry fittings and brackets and have the advantage of being delimited from most manufacturing techniques' constraints on tool pathing and clearance issues.
>>
>>62519762
Make the cheapest possible basic bitch AR setup, but give everything a snappy acronym and guntubers shill it.
>>
>>62532185
Yeah i mean metallic glass, Is it just a meme or could it be hyped into being the next swag gun thing on swagtube #yolo
>>
>>62531109
>pic rails and addons
I just want it to be done nicely is all. What really kills me is how so many 22s, including ones made by CZ of all companies, stick you with dovetail like it's the 1960s. I get it, most people aren't going to get anything nicer than a cheap rimfire scope, but the CZ? It's like $600! You bet your ass a $300 Leupold and some nice rings are going on it; I want my scope to hold zero and not be able to rotate or get knocked around in the rings while hunting damn it!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.