[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: athlon.png (734 KB, 1440x2137)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
Is a mid tier Athlon too much to spend on a spotter that will be used exclusively for zeroing optics from 0-200? Or will a sub $100 cheapo work fine?
>>
>>62524957
>Or will a sub $100 cheapo work fine?
That. You may not even need a spotting scope, if you have binoculars use those. If you're sighting in a magnified optic just look through it, or if you own another gun with a magnified scope use that to check.
>>
>>62524993
I can't see impacts with a 1-6 even at just 50yd. Would splatter targets help?
>>
>>62525035
>>62525035
>I can't see impacts with a 1-6 even at just 50yd
Just to be clear, we're talking about holes in paper targets, and not impacts in the dirt? If you're saying you can't see bullet holes in paper at 50 yards with a 6x, I find that a bit surprising. But yeah, if that's the case then higher mag would absolutely help. My point was not to get caught up on optical quality though, you just need to see where the impacts are relative to the marks on the target, whether or not there is some distortion or funky colors (common issues with cheap optics) doesn't matter.

>splatter targets
I've never used those, sorry I can't comment on them
>>
>>62524957
I have a couple different things. From worst to best:
>cheap ass/vintage ass scope
>various vintage binoculars
>Vortex 8x (?) monocular (could be clearer, always a little oddly blurry)
>no name, and I mean LITERALLY NO NAME (even on the case) spotting scope I have no clue where it came from, better only because retarded zoom
>$300 Leupold scope, clearest but limited on zoom
You may not need a spotting scope, but if you're shooting a 22 at 100yds+ you'll need it no doubt; hard to see at 50 sometimes depending on lighting condition. AR makes a slightly bigger hole on paper. Maybe consider those high vis splatter targets for visibility. Bigger calibers probably significantly more visible even on white paper targets. At 50yds I tend to be able to just zoom my Leupold to 9x and see the bullet holes. I also used to use a nice 30x optical zoom compact camera. I miss that thing.
>>
>>62527604
>>62527604
My Pixel's 30x zoom works well for 50yd. Can't see shit at 100 on regular paper targets. Haven't tried splatter targets yet.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.