[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3491.jpg (117 KB, 1125x500)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Im beginning to think the fudds were right and hammer fired is indeed better than striker fired. Talk me out of or into this potential retardation
>>
>>62528325
hammer fired is superior. strikers are soulless and effeminate
>>
>>62528325
>the fudds were right and hammer fired is indeed better than striker fired.
Correct, the fudds were right on this one. The world embraced striker-fired guns because they were cheaper. Second strike capability is OP.
>>
>>62528325
Hammers make bullets go bang when you pull the trigger just as well as strikers do. Strikers became so hot so quickly because striker-fired designs were much more readily available in optics/weaponlight/suppressor-ready configurations. Many hammer fired pistols, just being older designs, took a while to catch on. See the HK P30 vs the VP9. They're basically identical guns, but the striker fired one sells alot more than the hammer fired one. If you don't mind fucking around with custom slide milling or you can find a hammer fired gun that will take aftermarket accessories out of the box like the M9A4, the differences are really minimal in current year.
>>
>>62528348
Strikers are just linear hammers though.
>>
>>62528494
sigger hands typed this post
>>
>>62528494
and gays are just men that suck penises though
>>
File: hammered.jpg (1.39 MB, 2430x1702)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>62528494
hammers are swung, so must have a pivot point to be considered one
>>
>>62528530
take yer swing
>>
>>62528393
>readily available in optics/weaponlight/suppressor-ready configurations
pretty sure the first mass produced handgun with a factory optics cut was the FNP-45 Tactical which is hammer fired.
>>
Hammers are better for suppression therefore they are more based.
>Verification not required
>>
File: 1705007422648822.png (862 KB, 1858x1682)
862 KB
862 KB PNG
>>62528530
>hammers are swung
orly?
>>
>>62528565
Theyre also pretty dang fun if i do say so myself
>>
File: spoiler.png (37 KB, 200x160)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>62528530
then what do you call the thing in a vz58 that hits the firing pin?
>>
File: 81yPBvme1jL.jpg (311 KB, 2074x2284)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>62528576
>hammers have linear motion
orly?
>>
>>62528576
YWNBAH
>>62528590
I call it cope
>>
>>62528610
>fuel
>battery powered
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>62528325
The Legacy of Kain/Blood Omen games were so good aside from Blood Omen 2.
>>
>>62528325
All I'm saying is I can shot 6 shots of 38 special one handed through my 686 and get a fist-sized group at 15 yards, trying the same through my M&P gets me chest sized group at that distance. Maybe the fudds had the right idea
>>
People complain that hammers are not as reliable as strikers due to being exposed, why don't they just make a single action enclosed hammer like the FN reflex?
>>
>>62529790
>People complain that hammers are not as reliable as strikers due to being exposed,
glocksuckers aren't people
>>
>>62529790
>People complain that hammers are not as reliable as strikers due to being exposed
They do sell internal hammers for those people, like the SIG P250, Ruger security 9, Ruger LCP MAX, FN FiveSeven; they just don't buy those either.
>>
>>62528325
The only reason strikers came to be considered "better" than hammer fired is because Glock marketing convinced the world it was the safety equivalent of DAO. You could have your retard-proof cake and eat a (relatively) nice trigger pull too. It wasn't really true of Glock's half-cocked action, and it's even less true of modern strikers (which are almost all fully-cocked at rest, to improve trigger pull), but once enough of us believed it, a striker was the only handgun.
We all learned "striker guns don't need safeties", when we probably should have learned "a good holster is all the safety you need", RETVRNed to single-action hammer guns, and carried them condition 0.

Strikers are fine, but the neat thing about hammer guns is that since the trigger and hammer live on the same side of the slide/frame divide, the sear engagement can and should be completely unaffected by frame-to-slide motion. Makes it easy to combine a good trigger pull with guaranteed reliability. (I was going to say that even SIG couldn't have the issues they're having with the P320 if only it were hammer fired, but I suppose they could've copied the BHP's retarded linkage.)
>>
>>62528325
Yes, you and the fudds are actually correct, most of the time at least. Striker-fired guns can be better for certain applications because they enclosed and won't snag or jam on anything. Personal preference and YMMV. There's also a few handguns with non-exposed internal hammers.
>>
>>62528325
fudds are always correct. i got my 30 inch vent rib 870, lemme guess you nkneed more;>??
>>
>>62528494
Strikers are not linear hammers. Linear hammers are hammers that travel in a straight line to hit the firing pin as opposed to a traditional pivoting hammer. Strikers are spring-loaded firing pins directly controlled by the FCG.
>>
>ITT a bunch of retards who watched too many Westerns
>>
The hammer versus striker debate is just a goal versus other guns debate. Everyone always talks about it but the completely arbitrary assumptions that all strikers work like a Glock. 2/5 of my handguns are striker fired, both have lighter triggers than my G.I. 1911, neither are glocks. There’s almost 0 significant mechanical difference between an internal hammer and a striker. Just say Glock, if you mean Glock, this is like asking what type of magazine floor plate is best, it’s almost entirely arbitrary
>>
>>62528544
Lol
>>
>>62528393
striker fired became hot because they're cheaper to engineer and produce and the profit margins are better
>>
File: 1701019167959976.jpg (70 KB, 768x564)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>62529999
>h..h...hammers can't have firing pins
You have excitingly novel views of firearms, you should start a newsletter.
>>
File: 1720390477577977.png (708 KB, 1107x489)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
KAIN: The battlefield has not been kind to you, Raziel.

RAZIEL: I am a product of grand design, Kain – from the very start. You question what you built yourself. What have you done to my mechanism, degenerate? You have no right—

KAIN: What I have engineered, I can dismantle, Raziel.

RAZIEL: Curse you, Kain! You are no god! This destruction of tradition is unforgivable!

KAIN: Tradition...? You dare speak to me of tradition? Only when you've experienced the weight of progress should you question my decisions! Your short legacy is nothing compared to the years of evolution and refinement that I’ve endured since I first set foot on the battlefield... To know that the future of all pistols rests on the edge of every innovation I pursue—can you even begin to fathom what choice you’d make in my place?

RAZIEL: I would choose reliability, Kain.

KAIN: Look around you, Raziel—see what has become of the handgun market. Witness the rise of simplicity, of modern engineering. The hammer-fired designs, now niche, scattered to a few corners of the industry...

This mechanism has served its purpose — as have you.
>>
>>62528697
FUEL is Milwaukee branding for brushless motors (dewalt calls it atomic) it also mean that the power output increases along the more ohms the battery has (dont ask me how it works.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.