[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Submarines are the tip of the spear in terms of tech. What tech are we gonna see on future submarines?
>>
>>62528653
100% uncrewed nuclear subs piloted by AI with deadman's nuclear launch trigger. Such subs have no need for a pressure compartment (no breathing humans) so they can dive right to the bottom of the sea. They can also cruise indefinitely and only come home after a decade to refuel the nuke powerplant.
>>
>>62528653
Robot waifus
>>
File: 1701030512104345.jpg (456 KB, 2560x1707)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>62528730
This will be the true end goal for submarine warfare, but it is a development that likely wont be seen in a large capacity for another century. I dont think any nation will be willing to give the keys for a nuclear weapon to an AI, because honestly can you truly trust it?

We will definitely see unmanned attack subs, but boomers are a definite no go.

>>62528653
I feel that we have currently reached the peak of the current generation of nuclear submarines. By 2040 there may be many more exotic designs popping up. The most common one would likely be unmanned attack subs, as the lack of a pressure hull would allow ultimate stealth and complete operational freedom.

We can already see some of the trends of submarine warfare moving forward, you just have to look a little. Lasers for both self defense and communication are being seriously studied and would give submarines a heightened self defense ability against ASW aircraft and the ability to receive covert communications via laser.

Crew sizes will probably begin to creep lower and lower due to improved methods of automation. Quieting improvements, if there is truly anything groundbreaking discovered, will likely begin to plateau out, as for the most part quieting has become a perfected science.
>>
File: 1703876104363546.jpg (176 KB, 720x960)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>62528980
>>62528653
I also predict that the submarine will largely supersede many surface vessels as they will become increasingly vulnerable due to weapons advancement and increasingly expensive, meaning the loss of one will be extremely economically punishing. Putting the vessel underwater will put it out of reach of a large variety of any potential adversaries weaponry.

The only things I don't thing a submarine could replace would be Coast Guard vessels, Aircraft Carriers, Amphibious Assault ships, and some smaller sized vessels such as corvettes and frigates.
>>
when will we be able to see through water with satellites?
>>
>>62528730
Tell me you don't understand how submarines work without telling me you don't understand how submarines work (even structurally, metallurgically, etc)
>>
>>62529783
Never. Thermal, Night Vision, Ultraviolet and Radiowaves cannot penetrate water past a few yards.
>>
>>62528980
>>62528730
A pressure hull would still be needed. How do you think you can protect the electronics and systems from crushing pressures.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.