[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fa_ar_modell_v2.jpg (42 KB, 534x400)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
She's ugly but I like her.

Should I pick up a parts kit? Anyone here ever own one? How was it?
>>
>>62528719
I own a pre-assembled one from Marcolmar. Irons are ok. trigger is dogshit and I'm not aware of any upgrade kits. The controls are awkward and actually worse than its predecessor because you can't operate it one-handed like a G3/HK33/MP5.
The barrel they used (Criterion I think) is pretty good, and mine shoots under 2 MOA. It is extremely soft shooting and far more pleasant to shoot than your average low-mid budget factory AR.

Cleaning is a pain in the ass because of the shape of the receiver. Unlike an HK, the walls around the FCG are part of the receiver instead of FCG itself which makes it hard to reach inside. This problem is doubled by it being a roller-delayed gun that runs dirty.

It's reliable and will run through the carbon buildup, as long as you use newly made and high-quality ammo. It has a tendency get case head separation with reloaded ammo, and the body of broken cases really get stuck in there. I've never tried steel case ammo but I imagine it could help. Cases tend to hit the side of the receiver and fuck up the paint/finish so I would recommend putting a strip of duct tape or electrical tape wherever they impact.

Field stripping is just like any other CETME/G3-style rifle except the springs are way stronger (at least on Marcolmar rifles). Disassembling the bolt by hand is very difficult and I prefer to use a wrench.
>>
>>62528719
Where are you sourcing your kit?
>>
>>62528719
I love mine, get a malcomar built one with the rail option, it'll make the experience ten times better.
>>
>>62528719
>>62529192
Anyone make ambi safeties?
>>
>>62529204
Unlikely
>>62529107
Apex has some
>>62528719
I'd recommend buying a Marcolmar one rather than trying to have one built. You can find used ones for around 1.1
HMG made them as well and they're also good. Be aware the first gen HMG rifles had tricky magwells...just like the original CETME Model L.

For what it's worth I'd love an LC but they're not made anymore and we're expensive even before that. Wish WA wasn't so fucking gay
>>
>>62529409
Will these take regular HK (clone) sliding stocks?
>>
>>62529418
Negative, completely proprietary.
Additionally the Model L and Model LC also have numerous incompatible parts, notably their stocks and buffer assemblies. There's no swapping between them because the receivers are different
>>
>>62529504
Fugg. Good to know though. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>62529568
Somebody has to know the esoteric details of minor NATO member armories after all.
>>
>>62528719
what is that?
>>
>>62530069
FAMAS, lurk moar
>>
>>62529603
Based autist. Fags like us keep this shithole worth visiting.
Oper8erchan back up?
>>
OP here, good morning
>>62529107
I would be sourcing mine from Apex
>>62529192
There's a receiver on malcomar's site that has a rail, is that any good?
>>62529409
I was interested in the parts kit because it'd be cheaper. Everyone else is saying to buy a pre-made one. Are the kits that bad?

Also, are there alternative grips and handguards I can pick up? The mlok handguard looks good, but I can tell that grip will irritate the shit out of me.
>>
File: IMG_6576.jpg (100 KB, 1080x721)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I think they look cool.
>>
>>62528719
what's with the "parts kits"? can you Americans not buy the gun whole? Is this due to some retarded import law or something?
t. yuro
>>
>>62533201
OP here. Parts kits can be cheaper, and some people just like putting it together themselves. There's also the fact that parts kits come from armored so there's already a little history to the gun.
>>
>>62528719
Bump
>>
>>62528719
>she's ugly
No she isn't.
>>
Do you like:
fouling in tiny crevices sandwiched into factory joined parts?
having 57 different cleaning brushes?
using an hour for a quick and dirty cleaning?
hiring an engineer to reassemble it?
zero interchangable aftermarket to anything german?
being black?
stovepipes because ammo is too hot/not hot enough/it's wednesday?
trigger pull like dragging a badger's cock through glass?

This is the gun for you, instead of a quality german rifle you won't hate.
>>
>>62534337
is that a t-mag?

Also whaty mount
>>
>>62533201
>what's with the "parts kits"? can you Americans not buy the gun whole?
Depends on the gun. This one can be bought whole but those guns are themselves built from demilled (destroyed) parts kits.
Parts kits are not legally considered "firearms" if they're demilled correctly (and to be imported they must be). As a result it's *far* easier to import a non-firearm vs a firearm.
It is due to retarded import laws. It's all very arcane but I can try to explain it if you want.
>>62532923
Have you looked into what you need to build one? It's not beginner-friendly and needs specialized tools. Otherwise you'll want to send it to a builder and pay them to do it.
>>
>>62528719
Still wondering how the Germans failed to make a light 5.56 roller delay gun while the Spanish succeeded.
>>
>>62534582
Looks like a lancer and adm mount. I dislike adm, but it’s probably better than the PA one. Lancer mags and tmags are shit.
>>62534396
Lmao, they look cool but this is accurate in my limited experience
>>
>>62529054
I also have a malcomar one, but it fails to eject every other round (the case gets mangled on the ejection port somewhere). I've noticed that it doesn't seem to happen without a mag inserted though, so maybe a mag problem, what mag do you use?
>>
>>62532923
>Everyone else is saying to buy a pre-made one. Are the kits that bad?
If you already have the workspace, tools, and knowledge to form and weld up the receiver, and press the barrel, you can go for it. I heard the original springs weren't great though, and along with dogshit quality magazines they gave the CETME L a poor reputation when it was issued. The MCM built rifles have all new and improved springs and you can use non-shitty GI aluminum mags.
>>
>>62535720
Duramags. The only magazine-related malfunctions I've had were from a mag with worn out feed lips. Surefeeds also work reliably. Hope this helps
>>
>>62534337
Looks like a Chinese-designed weapon, but actually good looking
>>
File: IMG_3313.jpg (25 KB, 400x388)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I wish I bought the OD Cetme SBR o saw on GBb. Love the aesthetic.
>>
>>62536387
I'll try them out, thanks.
>>
>>62536387
>>62535720
Uh.. colt mags?
>>
I’ve been sitting on a CETME L kit from Apex for almost 2 years waiting for someone other than marcolmar to sell a flat. Marcolmar wants you to send in your selector so they can modify it before they’ll send you a flat, which you then have to bend and weld yourself. Screw them
Other than that, if I were wanting a roller-delayed 5.56 I would get a cheap G3 parts kit, then build an HK33 from it. Probably easier than building a CETME L
>>
File: P_20220704_180343_1.jpg (2.05 MB, 2669x2558)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
I love how it looks, how soft it shoots, and the operating mechanism but goddamn does it FTE. It jams more often than it cycles but that was with m193. I remember it working better with m855 but I haven't had it out in a while. I might cut a few coils off a spare recoil spring and see if that helps things.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.