[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 19683512.588917444.jpg (288 KB, 600x600)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
is there any point when you have a shotgun that the mag tube is shorter than the barrel
i bought my first shotgun it has a 20" barrel but only a 4+1 tube
bought it because it was cheap as shit but i thought to myself fuck dude, there is LITERALLY zero reason to not get the 6+1 variant thats flush with the barrel
but its too late for that shit so i gotta work with what i got
pic related my gat
any point i can salvage it or does it have any tactical purposes or did i just fuck up
>>
>>62531649
I was going to say something about better balance and swappable barrels then i realized its turkshit and the only spare parts source is another gun to canibalize.
>>
Should be right, 4 or 5 shots or buckshot will be enough to end or scare and threat. If you're worried buy a cheap turkshit or maybe an old 870 if money is tight with more capacity
>>
>>62531649
Get a tube stendo. I have one for my SXP to hold 9+1 in normals, 8+1 3" and 7+1 magnum
>>
>>62531709
buts its a locally produced russian 870 clone
>>
>>62531649
>is there any point when you have a shotgun that the mag tube is shorter than the barrel
for mall ninja shit like what you’ve got? probably not.
>>
>>62531798
Lol you belive that
>>
>>62531846
nigga i know valodi personally and i saw his small workshop with my own eyes, he does 870. 12g. ak and single shot copies
>>
>>62531649
dumb gun law compliances probably
>>
>>62531649
Traditionally it is because the gun points better with less weight at the muzzle, but nowadays the tactical advantage of having more capacity is a lot more relevant than balance.

It is really done for import compliance. Shotguns and in particular inexpensive imported ones from Turkey and China exist on razor thin ice. They can be re-designated as "destructive devices" and banned at any time by ATF discretion. Only thing that keeps them legal is a paper thing pretense of being imported for "sporting purposes" such as shooting skeet or hunting birds. They are at least in theory specifically NOT supposed to be tactical on any way. The simplest element of compliance on the matter is limiting capacity to only 5 rounds. They could do 5+1 but they sometimes play it safe with 4+1.
Now if the user later gets a tube extension to make that 4+1 a 7+1 that's not on them and pretty much nobody cares. Sometimes the same importer will sell tube extensions separately, or if it's a detachable box magazine the gun will come with one 5rd but the importer sells 10+ Rd mags as well.

It's a game that importers and distributors play. They have to comply with the law in at least the surface level, which results in goofy shit like the configuration of the shotgun you bought. All you have to do is find what magazine tube extensions it can take. I recommend shooting it as is first in case you got a lemon, otherwise you might spend some outrageous money on a tube extension for a gun that doesn't work.
>>
>>62533392
>but nowadays the tactical advantage of having more capacity
You know what has an even better tactical advantage? A rifle.
>>
>>62531983
Great he can make you an extended tube then
>>
>>62531649
adulthood is realizing that shorter mag tubes look better
>>
>>62533436
>You know what has an even better tactical advantage? A rifle.
nu-fudd speak^

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.