[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 987789879.png (827 KB, 720x1280)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
drones, cyberattacks, exploding pagers and electronics, why is war not fought with bullets anymore
>>
Sword, Shield, Horse, leather gherkin... why is war not fought with stick and stone anymore?
>>
>>62533890
Keep going, why isn't it fought with flint spears and ungabonga robes

>>62533563
OP, stop being retarded. With time comes evolution. Evolve or die.

Why aren't you complaining about long-distance artillery and tanks? Those were as prevalent pre-wwi
>>
>>62533563
phone posters and browns are absolutely mind broken
>>
>>62533563
gas, machine guns, FUCKING artillery, and trenches. This is fucking gay, I didn't sign up to stay in a mudhole and get shelled 24/7, 7 days a week. Why the fuck is war not fought with line formations and muskets anymore? that was based, this is cringe fr fr.
>>
>>62533563
fuck glowies and the horrifying future they are creating for us

"there are also non-nuclear EMP weapons (NNEMP), devices that can be carried in a suitcase or a missile's warhead, and that use explosives or high-power microwave emitters to generate a destructive pulse is similar that of a nuclear weapon, "except less energetic and of much shorter radius," explained the US government's EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security in a 2021 report."

https://emptaskforce.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/REPORTnnempTHREAT21A.pdf

Continuous-wave HPMs deliver a constant stream of microwave energy in a wide
area used in area denial operations against personnel or small electronics, like unmanned aerial
systems (UAS).
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/AD1107488.pdf
>>
>>62533563
Because our enemies refuse to fight and instead attack civilians and plot in darkness like women.
>>
File: R (3).gif (123 KB, 1280x551)
123 KB
123 KB GIF
>>62533890
We must retvrn
>>
File: images (2) (25).jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Who cares? Just don't join a military or fight in a war. If a war is coming your way, move. Don't make enemies, treat others as you would wish to be treated, that way there's nobody out there thinking of ways to kill you that you can't defend yourself against. I only care about self-defense and survival, that's my only interest in weaponry. There's no reason why I would ever have to worry about a drone attack or someone rigging my phone to explode.
>>
Drones mog. You can kill without being killed, that’s sort of the objective.

I hate it too, but it is what it is, and it is inevitable that warfare would eventually take this form. Man made horrors and so on. You could argue guns are on the spectrum of horrors. Like, I understand grug standing before me with a club, I don’t understand him throwing a puny rock from 300yds away. It’s scary that death could come from anywhere, with no warning, and there is hardly anything you could do to resist. One minute you think everything is fine, and you’re out of the woods, next minute you’re bleeding to death. And that’s amplified with drones. Atleast with guns, there is a physical human being in your vicinity, somewhere, that you could kill. The drone operator, however, could be miles away. All you see/deal with is a small, agile, unkillable machine slowly hunting you. And you’re aware of it, totally helpless, and and watching it happen in slow motion. And drones come from the sky. Adds literally another dimension to how terrifying and beyond comprehension they are. What am I, a fish? I live in 2d, I don’t understand “death from above”.
>>
>>62535710
I concur and all, but regarding this bit:

> treat others as you would wish to be treated

All things considered, this is a bad way to avoid war. Presenting yourself as a rabid dog capable of extraordinary violence, constantly flexing your capacity for it, is a better way to get everybody else shaking in their boots at the thought of attacking you. Peace through strength. The game theory engine does not like pacifism and tolerance.

And I’m not talking about “speak softly and carry a big stick”. That’s a good strategy too.
>>
>>62535610
but what are they supposed to do? expose themselves out in the open, where they can be killed. It is not cowardly to not want to be killed, if you die, you lose. So naturally, you’d expect autonomous murderbots to be developed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.