[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Chaplains:
>Serve in the military
>Get shot at
>Can go to Ranger School and SFQC

But
>Non-Combatants

So are Chaplains /k/? Also share chaplain stories and greentexts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChKfoe-RpFk
>>
>>62535102
The Catholic chaplains in WW1 were the finest soldiers of the war
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gleeson_(priest)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Doyle

https://www.thejournal.ie/father-william-doyle-battle-of-messines-national-museum-of-ireland-3421324-Jun2017/

https://www.corkcity.ie/en/cork-public-museum/exhibitions/objects-of-the-great-war/father-gleason-s-letter-to-mother-of-christy-barry.html

Pic Fr. Gleeson, last absolution of the Munsters
>>
>>62535141
>>62535141
>Pic Fr. Gleeson, last absolution of the Munsters

ather Gleeson himself is depicted administering the general absolution in one of the most famous paintings of the war - The Last General Absolution of the Munsters at Rue du Bois by Fortunino Matania. This image captures Father Gleeson atop his horse, praying for the souls of the soldiers of the Royal Munster Fusiliers gathered around him on the Rue du Bois on the evening of 8 May 1915. The following day saw the 2nd Battalion suffer devastating losses in the Battle of Aubers Ridge. In fact, it is believed the British Army lost about 11,000 men during this battle.
>>
File: engjcupu.png (365 KB, 620x330)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>62535155>>62535141
>
>>
>>62535167
British officer and poet Robert Graves recalled in his autobiography Good-Bye to All That that during this battle Gleeson found himself the only unwounded officer of the battalion and, having removed his chaplain's insignia that indicated his non-combatant status, took command of the unit and held until relieved
>>
>>62535141
Reminds me of that famous pic from Argentina(?) Of the Priest giving last rites to wounded soldiers in the streets of some urban conflict while taking fire
>>
>>62535201
"If ... advocates of war were made to be soaked and caked and crusted with cold, wet trench mud, like these poor soldiers, and to wear those mud-weighted coats, they would not be so glib with their treatises on the art of war. These militants should be made to undergo a few nights in cheerless billets [and] mud-river trenches to teach them a lesson. What is it all for at all?"Fr. Francis Gleeson
>>
File: 4 Chaplains.jpg (256 KB, 892x542)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
The 4 Chaplains. Methodist, Dutch Reformed, Catholic, and Jewish. All 4 gave up their life jackets to other Soldiers in a ship sunk by a German U-Boat. They were seen last arms linked in prayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYYknOuLQM
>>
>>62535102
>2 dudes are wearing multicam
>2are wearing OCP
Why?
>>
>>62535384
2 bought their uniforms at the PX. 2 were issued their uniforms during deployment.
>>
File: img_6589.jpg (595 KB, 3000x1763)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>62535384
It was taken during the transition before everyone got OCP.
>>
>Join the army in '06 - peak fedora season
>Spend an hour a week listening to some CoE loon babble about stools with three legs
>Pressures me about being an atheist and have the god squad ask if I want to join a service every Sunday
>Complain about it in the diary we have to keep in basic
>Get punished severely because while the NCOs didn't care our CO definately did
>Chaplins a wuss so whatever we get to chill out and if you don't like it they'll find work for you
>Later go to Regiment and first thing new Chaplin tries to teach is law of armed conflict but his position is that we should have used tactical nukes on the Iraqis to kill them all and steal their infrastructure
>Edgelord POG who gets pissy when people laughed during his rants

I'm not a fan. And here I'll save you some time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA
>>
>>62535193
Amazing.
>>
>>62535102
Idk in general, we didn't have one. A chaplain pulled my grandad out of a burning A-20 and agreed to not tell my grandmother about it (because she would worry) so we didn't find out about it until he died and I requested his OSR from BUPERS. That happened in 53 and gramps continued flying (2 tours in Nam) till he retired in 72. Chaplain are based
>>
>>62535929
>A chaplain pulled my grandad out of a burning A-20
Beast
>>
>>62535220
Ay, cool it with the antisemitism anon.
>>
>>62535201
If you're talking about this one its from Venezuela during a riot. Guy got sniped. I'm pretty sure there is a similar photo from the Balkans though
>>
>>62535373
>The 4 Chaplains. Methodist, Dutch Reformed, Catholic, and Jewish. All 4 gave up their life jackets to other Soldiers in a ship sunk by a German U-Boat. They were seen last arms linked in prayer.
beyond based
>>
>>62535440
>CoE
spotted the defect
>>
>>62537385
related
>>
>>62535440
you're just a nigger. I'm an atheist but I always took the time to have a brew and a yarn with the bible bashers. They're not just there to talk about god, they're there to help the morale of the troops and help lift the spirits of the blokes who are having a rough time of it.
>>
File: Foote-jw.jpg (22 KB, 263x380)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Meet John Weir Foote,
A Canadian chaplain with a VC

>At Dieppe, on 19th August, 1942, Honorary Captain Foote, Canadian Chaplain Services, was Regimental Chaplain with the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry.

Upon landing on the beach under heavy fire he attached himself to the Regimental Aid Post which had been set up in a slight depression on the beach, but which was only sufficient to give cover to men lying down. During the subsequent period of approximately eight hours, while the action continued, this officer not only assisted the Regimental Medical Officer in ministering to the wounded in the Regimental Aid Post, but time and again left this shelter to inject morphine, give first-aid and carry wounded personnel from the open beach to the Regimental Aid Post. On these occasions, with utter disregard for his personal safety, Honorary Captain Foote exposed himself to an inferno of fire and saved many lives by his gallant efforts. During the action, as the tide went out, the Regimental Aid Post was moved to the shelter of a stranded landing craft. Honorary Captain Foote continued tirelessly and courageously to carry wounded men from the exposed beach to the cover of the landing craft. He also removed wounded from inside the landing craft when ammunition had been set on fire by enemy shells. When landing craft appeared he carried wounded from the Regimental Aid Post to the landing craft through very heavy fire.

On several occasions this officer had the opportunity to embark but returned to the beach as his chief concern was the care and evacuation of the wounded. He refused a final opportunity to leave the shore, choosing to suffer the fate of the men he had ministered to for over three years.

Honorary Captain Foote personally saved many lives by his efforts and his example inspired all around him. Those who observed him state that the calmness of this heroic officer, as he walked about, collecting the wounded on the fire-swept beach will never be forgotten.
>>
File: AI Art 27.jpg (39 KB, 720x900)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>62535102
They're there to:
1. Make sure soldiers don't kill themselves
2. Check a box for the army as "emotional support".
Chaplains might care about soldiers but their entire presence is a calculated move on the federal government's part.
Its important to realize that the army doesn't really care about its personnel; it just needs to ensure retention stays high enough for the whole system to function. If the public wasn't concerned about military quality of life, then the chaplain corps would be thrown into deep storage.
>>
>>62535102
You do not join the military as a Chaplain/Jew priest/Imam to make a career out of it. You join due to your beliefs and calling.
>>
>>62535418
I miss Multicams. They were so comfy to wear compared to UCP and OCP.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.