[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PIC0084081.jpg (267 KB, 1000x651)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
Do poorer nations simply not value the hearing of their troops? Surely they can afford a simple pair of earplugs. But this was the standard in rich nations for centuries. What's the rationale here, to train how you fight, and that hearing protection in combat would hinder unit cohesion, so it's better to sacrifice long-term hearing for short-term performance?
>>
>>62544657
they have to prove they are tough a side effect of low IQ
>>
>>62544657
They save face; not hearing
>>
>>62544657
WHAT?
>>
if you use earpro outdoors you get called a faggot

t. thirdie
>>
i dont know anyone who wore earpro outside the wire, you just learn to squint your ears
besides it stops hurting after the first shot
>>
>>62544902
that's chlorine gas building up behind your eyes dud
>>
>>62544657
You build up immunity to loud noises with smaller loud noises.
Hearing loss takes a long time to kick in with things like gunfire and industrial shit like loud engines, So the last time I suffered a loud enough bang to affect my hearing was over 15 years ago now and its just not really gotten any worse. Still the same eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, still more or less shit in my right ear.
I do wear earpro in civilian life for shooting and loud vehicles since, which probably helps
>>
Their hearing is fine because they shoot less than 30 rounds a year
>>
>>62544657
In poorer nations they probably shoot a round out of their weapons 3 times a year
>>
>>62544657
>Do poorer nations simply not value the hearing of their troops?
on top of everyone said about them shooting only a few times, they just lose their hearing if they survive the war
talked to a vet and only 1 of his ear functions. Shithole countries dont really care about vet either, very limited benefits

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.