[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Noguns here. I'm going to the gun shop to load up on my first firearms and would appreciate your insight:

Pocket/Concealed Carry Pistols
>Bond Arms Derringers (lots of different models so I haven't narrowed one down yet)
>Nort American Arms Pug
>Taurus Curve
>Sig P365
>Bond Arms Bullpup
>Standard Manufacturing Switch Gun
>S&W Model 442 revolver
>Taurus 738 TCP
>Springfield 911 Compact

I usually wear light and tight clothes so I need a small and light pistol that won't obviously pull down my shorts or jacket and won't print. My main concern is the gun being safe from accidental shootings.

Full Size Pistols
>S&W M&P 5.7
>Century Arms AP5-M

This is supposed to be more of a car gun and home defense weapon so I want something is more ammo capacity and that's easier to handle.

Rifle
>Daniel Defense DDM4 V7
>BCM Recce-16 MCMR
>Sig 400 Tread
>Faxon Ion Ultralight

I tried to research rifles and there's way too much for me to process. I figure I'll pick up something decent and play with to figure stuff out.
>>
>>62546254
Start with the S&W 442 and learn to shoot. It'll serve you many years as a CC and training piece.
Plus it gives you a good feeling if you never carried a gun
>inb4 ok boomer
>>
>>62546259
Thanks. I guess it's hard to fuck up a revolver. Although, I figure I should get one semi-auto to learn how to clean and maintain one
>>
File: checking.png (465 KB, 703x1003)
465 KB
465 KB PNG
>>62546254
Pocket/Concealed Carry Pistols
>P32
its super slim, light, safe, and it works fine

Full Size Pistols
>CZ Scorpion Evo 3+
get the SB Tactical Brace for it

Rifle
>thats up to you, theres so many, and with tons of options, all up to complete personal taste

i'd also recommend a .22lr rifle, they're just nice to have, Savage has the A22 Takedown, good gun
>>
>>62546254
Don't care and you didn't give enough background. Also your list of options sucks which is surprising and pathetic considering how many entries there are.
What shithole do you live in?
Where is your pic from?
WHERE IS YOUR PIC FROM?
>Taurus G series (it is better than fine)

>Glock 17/M&P police trade/PSA Dagger/Tisa 1911

>PSA lower, build the rest. Even a fucking retard can put Legos together

>No shottie, no PR/LR
Get a Mossberg (avoid the Maverick, it is not worth the savings if only shottie) and a Savage, or hold on the Savage until you can afford Bergara or Tika.
>>
>>62546333
>Taurus Curve
Fugg, ya got me. It's a shitpost.
Well played, but in my defense; I would have spotted that sooner if not drunk.
>>
>>62546265
>Although, I figure I should get one semi-auto to learn how to clean and maintain one
Then why do you put a revolver on your list of options if you don't want one?
You think you can't learn to clean and maintain a semi-auto after you've learned to operate a revolver or what?
If you've never held a weapon then a snubnose with shrouded hammer and DAO-trigger will be your best option. Because you don't have to think before using it, you don't have to operate any levers or switches, you just point and pull the trigger. The same makes it much harder for you to accidentially blow a hole into your wall or your femoral artery.
A shrouded hammer revolver is a gun you can buy and carry without being a risk to yourself or others with a bare minimum of training.
>>
File: 51261---M200.jpg (429 KB, 1800x1197)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>>62546254
>Pic related not mentioned
>Bond Arms is
You lazy cunt.
>>
>>62546300
The Scorpion looks nice.

How is Keltec? I look at their guns and they seem...flimsy to me

>>62546333
>What shithole do you live in?
Florida
>WHERE IS YOUR PIC FROM?
https://youtu.be/w7yG1P2Nq_w?si=83xiUHJha8U9BV5n

I check out those pistols, but I don't know about Glock. I'll probably get a shotgun later, but haven't decided yet.

>>62546343
What's wrong with the Curve?

>>62546345
I plan on buying several pocket pistols: at least one revolver type, one derringer, and one auto
>>
>>62546389
scorpion is great, the czech military uses it for a reason, and its got tons of aftermarket support too

>How is Keltec? I look at their guns and they seem...flimsy to me
so-so
their guns like the KSG & P32 are great guns, others are admittedly not the best, but its not like other companies where everything its total shit
when you make off the wall guns, not everything sticks, but the few that they do have that work, work amazingly well
the P32 for example is one of the guns that even people who hate keltec are willing to use, for many, going 1000+ rds without a malfunction
>>
>>62546333
>>Taurus G series (it is better than fine)
>>Glock 17/M&P police trade/PSA Dagger/Tisa 1911

do not buy any of these guns OP
>>
>>62546254
>Pocket/Concealed Carry Pistols
S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 or 380 2.0, Kel-tec P32 or Ruger LCP, LCP II or LCP Max.
Probably the Bodyguard 380 (not the 2.0) given your request for a gun that won't shoot your balls off, it's got a heavy revolver-like DAO trigger that is inherently a lot safer than what you'll find on the LCP or P-32 (or Bodyguard 2.0). It is also available with a manual safety too.

Most of your other guns are useless memes and the P365 is good but a noticeably bigger than the Bodyguard 380.
>>
>>62546254
>Glock 43X
>CZ 457
>PSA AR
>Mossberg 590
>Tikka T3x or Howa 1500, 6.5 sneed for paper or any .30 magnum if you plan on hunting at all
That should cover all the bases.
>>
OP here. I bought the following:
>Smith & Wesson M&P in 9MM
>Smith & Wesson MP Bodyguard revolver in 38
>North American Arms Black Widow tiny pocket revolver in .22LR
>Sig MPX in 9MM (only came with a magazine which is lame)
>Daniel Defense DDM4 in 5.56
>>
>>62547943
good choices
any pics?
>>
>never buy from brick and mortar, you will ALWAYS pay 30% or more than you would buying from a dropshipper.
>"go to the store and handle every gun to see which one fits your hand"
this shit is fuddlore, you are not a mutant and guns are built to fit into human hands. your gun choice should be based on average reviews, holster availability and aftermarket.

lastly, try not to make your first handgun purchase based on feelings. its a very common mistake, handguns are hard to sell without taking a loss.
>>
>>62547951
forgot to take a pic when they rang everything up. i don't have a permit so i'll have to pick them up next week
>>
>>62547943
oh jesus how much did you pay for the MPX?
>>
>>62547983
holy shit i just noticed that
>(only came with a magazine which is lame)
my scorpion came with 5 mags, and it was like $870, that sig better be a damn good gun
does it use common mags?
>>
>>62547976
>this shit is fuddlore, you are not a mutant and guns are built to fit into human hands
What a fucking retarded take. Not every hand is the same size and shape and some guns will fit your hand better than others. Swallow glass and never post again you fuckwit.
>>
File: 3475734354376.jpg (211 KB, 1012x490)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>62548004
beats me i bought my MPX used, shilled it for a bit then realized it has the absolute worst barrel harmonics of any gun i've ever fired. with a can on it had 'minute of pizza box' at like 12 feet.
>>
>>62548017
every gun i've bought has been comfortable in my hands except for maybe a glock 17 but thats just how glocks are. this obsession with "fInGeRfUcKiNg" is nothing but shitty advice passed down by idiotic gen-xers who got their advice from equally retarded boomers.
>>
>>62547979
post the receipts i want to make fun of you for overpaying
>>
>>62548004
$2,099
>>
>>62548088
which one?
>>
File: 24636563.png (69 KB, 497x623)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>62548088
holy shit
you fucked up hard
>>
>>62548068
the M&P was $599
the Black Widow was $379
the Bodyguard was $529
the MPX was $2,099
the DDM4 was $1,699

plus 2 optics, some extra mags for the AR, and 3k rounds of ammo which came out to $8,600
>>
>>62548093
the MPX K

>>62548096
ngl, the MPX just looked cooler and had a bigger mag and the folding stock
>>
>>62548099
you could have skipped out the MPX for an whole ass trijicon acog
what optics did you get, anyway?
>>
>>62548110
short range red dots: vortex sparc and vortex defender

maybe i should return the MPX. they had the beretta PDX (?) for $850
>>
>>62548109
ok at least you got the correct one for the best price. one thing you REALLY need to worry about is the tensioning on the screws holding the barrel in place, that is where all of the accuracy problems come from. In Lead We Trust also sells nice aftermarket parts.
>>
>>62548096
the scorpion is dogshit and this is the only place on the internet where its ever recommended (because people always recommend guns they dont own).

if you want a cheap and good PCC just get a blowback stribog.
>>
File: IMG-20240920-123013788.jpg (1.99 MB, 4032x1648)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>62548109
magpul makes 30s, but 5 20s is better than 1 30, and the brace i got was only $99
i couldn't imagine spending $2,000 for a pcc, let alone one that isn't at least a legal sbr
>>62548116
you should return the MPX, get whatever you want, and get a few more optics or whatever, even ammo is more preferable
>>62548123
>the scorpion is dogshit and this is the only place on the internet where its ever recommended (because people always recommend guns they dont own).
plenty of people love & recommend the scorpion, what makes it so shit in your eyes, anon?
>>
>>62548139
>bad recoil
>bad trigger
>explodes
>polymer body

the O N L Y thing it has going for it is good magazine design.
>>
>>62548147
>bad recoil
no?
>bad trigger
also no?
>explodes
damn, just like those glocks, right?
>polymer body
alright grandpa, its time for bed
>>
>>62546254
Don't give Taurus or sig money

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.