[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: flash.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Police in Australia have begun the widespread use of flashbangs in both regular arrests and as riot control.
How effective are flash-bangs and what can rioters do in response?
>>
>>62547019
>How effective are flash-bangs
Plug your ears

>what can rioters do in response
Plug your ears.
>>
>>62547021
And wear eye protection
>>
>>62547021
>>62547028
there will always be someone who forgot their PPE, the issue is more how you protect a crowd. Police flashbangs have very short fuses to stop people throwing them back
>>
they can stop rioting and use their energy more effectively by lobbying and raising awareness via social media. but both of those things require effort and don't give the immediate satisfaction that yelling and throwing stuff does so they will never do it.
>>
>>62547142
Why you speak as if they were a gaggle of slack-jawed yokels.
>>
File: 87t6d71g18341fstg122.png (1.43 MB, 1440x1031)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>62547070
Why not make your own? If it's acceptable to throw flashbangs at an unarmed crowd of civilians, surely it's OK to throw them at a group of armored, pistol and rifle carrying paramilitary soldiers?
>>
>>62547019
Source on this claim? Are there riots going on in Australia? Haven't heard a peep about that if so.
>>
>>62547019
>what can rioters do in response?

Shoot the-uhhhhh, nevermind
>>
>>62547185
>source
>claim
yea nah fuck off
>>
>>62547019
>riot control
I've seen Australian "riots". They're orderly protests with brief moments of emotional outrage, where it's a faux pas to throw anything more substantial than bits of wood, trash etc. and loose cafe furniture.
>>
>>62547498
Even when they set fires, the Australian naturally abides by fire laws designed to prevent forest fires; they politely separate flammable material, start a controlled blaze, then stamp out the embers when it's done. The idea of bringing molotovs or setting fire to buildings is horrendous to the Australian protestor's mind; a barbaric behavior that's "simply not on".
>>
>>62547019
Around 2006 or 2007 in Prague I was right infront of a column of riot police that threw flashbangs to disperse a crowd. It's pretty effective if you're not used to it i guess, you're disoriented for a few seconds, they start running at you, and your natural instinct is to run away. But I'm pretty sure, if you know what's coming, it's not very effective. First and only time in my life that i experienced flashbangs.

Are they really using them in Austria? I know a journalist lost half his calf around 20 years ago in Switzerland, they're banned there and in Germany. I always just assumed they're banned in Austria, too.

Well trained riot police with pepperspray and batons are a lot less dangerous and more effective than a few grenades that are just really fucking loud and blind you for a millisecond.
>>
>>62547019
>>62547550
I had a few beers and read Austria instead of Australia kek
>>
>>62547019
It is incredible to me just how dystopian all anglo shitholes are.
Yesterday, I saw some documentary or whatever, I don't know because I wasn't watching, and there was a segment about some woman that goes around the Thamse shores collecting 20th century trash that is "part of history" and the narrator jumps in saying how she is not alone and that you need a licence to do this ... you need a licence to go on a beach and pick up trash on the shore of the river ...
>>
>>62547550
Hey i saw that too. Beer was incredibaly cheap in czechland. Few weeks later french pigs beat a bunch of slavs in front of notre dame
>>
File: 1234.png (386 KB, 551x400)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>62547739
I just looked it up, it was November 2007. Are you this guy by any chance? But yeah, beer was cheap af. 80 cents, I haven't been in Czechistan for a long time, but i'm pretty sure it's not that cheap anymore
>>
File: 7533.jpg (968 KB, 2040x1361)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>62547070

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.