[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

now that the dust has settled, what does /k/ think about the IHWCU? Was it a good Decision by the army to develop it? Why haven’t the marines developed similar uniforms than just relying on outdated Twill uniforms?
>>
>>62745768
>Marines

because the Marines get the shit end of the stick, it's basically their lot in life to be pissed and shidded on and make do with inferior stuff so long as they have their rifle.

I would go so far as to say it's a source of pride for Marines to kick doors and take souls with blown out ghetto tier shit from the Gulf War era
>>
>>62745778
The marines literally did this to themselves. They literally got issued ripstop uniforms, which was proven to be better than twill when they still wore the BDUs. But yet, their marpat shit had them back to twill fabric.
>>
>>62745796
MARPAT fucking sucks, maybe it was symbolic that they pair a gay and useless camo with a shitty fabric?

Or just procurement retardation, there's been enough of that over the years.
>>
>>62745805
I’m not sure, but they kneecapped themselves into going back to twill shit, despite in the 80s had the military temporarily procure woodland BDUs in 100% cotton ripstop/poplin before they procured nyco fabrics in ripstop. All due to the uniforms being ass in the Grenada invasion because twill was absolutely dogshit in the heat/humid environments. Marines also have issues with their troops suffering from heat strokes, which I assume has to do with the shitty fabric they use.
>>
>>62745805
Marpat isn’t that bad, but it definitely needs some improvements when it comes to its coloring.
>>
>>62745768
it's way better than the standard acu. wearing the standard acu is an easy giveaway that someone is a total shitbag.
you're also a weirdo if you don't wear it.
>>
>>62745768
It's the GOAT
>>
>>62746076
its too dark for most environments in my opinion
>>
>>62746139
nah, standard ACUs are great when you get up north in the late summer/early fall. Had AT up in MN in august and i have never been more comfortable in a uniform. Other wise yeah summers all the way. If i could change one thing, i would redo the shoulder pockets to the zippered one piece Velcro of the standard ACUs. Its easier to store random shit in there like that. Plus my cigars don't fit in the button ones
>>
>>62745768
If they had stretchy material, preferably throughout the whole design but at least in the knees, they would border on 10/10.
>>
>>62745768
I love them to be honest. I wish it had breast pockets like the MCCUU, but other than that they're perfect. Though, I need to do some research on the manufacturers because I bought a new set recently and even compared to my older sets when they were new they are a lot less soft and the sizing is slightly different. Maybe it was a one off fluke but I'm not sure.
>>
>>62745768
I wear mine year round. The trousers feel like pajamas, I have no reason to go back to the old ones.
>>
>>62746611
The IHWCU is made by multiple manufacturers. Although that definitely will lead to inconsistencies when it comes to how the fabric came to be. The sizing though is more of an issue with the army’s sizing layout when it comes to their ACU/uniforms. A size medium regular will be between 31-35 with a 29-32 inseam. It a gamble and I think the army expects you to get it tailored to your size at least
>>
>>62745768
It needs chest pockets.
>>
>>62746867
This. It really needs those chest pockets like in the regular ACUs.
>>
File: IMG_2106.jpg (504 KB, 2000x1125)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>62745778
Marines literally have 416’s, lpvo’s, highcuts, duel tubes, and suppressors. They also have frog combat uniforms that are just as good as any army uniform. Ihwcu is nice but it’s really just a garrison uniform. The army has honestly fallen behind by a good margin in terms individual soldier kit.
>>
>>62747467
>really just a garrison uniform
It can be used in the field, retard. It’s better than the MCCUU because the MCCUU still uses the retarded twill fabric.
>>
>>62747467
>frog combat uniforms
FROGs are not something to brag about. The army at least expanded their shit to include integrated knee pad systems.
>>
>>62747467
This. The marine poverty thing was probably true in the 90s to early 2000s, but it hasn't been true within the lifetime of most current /k/ posters. They actually have a disproportionately large budget relative to number of personnel, especially since half their bases are on the Navy budget and their logistics are also outsourced to the Navy. But Marines see that they get less money than the branch with 2 million employees compared to their 200k, and create a narrative that they're neglected.
>>
>>62747882
The marines have a proposed 2025 budget of 53.72 billion compared to the army's 185.9 billion, with 205000 uniformed personnel compared to the army's 945000. Therefore, the marines spend 262000 per person and the army spends 204000.
>>
>>62747993
Budget doesn’t mean they spent it all on personnel. Pretty sure the budget for the army layout on how much they spend on soldiers l
>>
>>62746779
this, I always try my shit on because the sizing can be pretty different from one garment to the next. it's kind of infuriating.
>>
>>62748268
I’d say you’d do it the old fashion way through a ruler. You measure the waist straight through. Let’s say you got a 17 inch for the waist. You multiply that by 2 and you get 34 inches. That’s the waist size of the pants. The inseam is just measuring the length from the crouch to the end of the legs.
>>
>>62746779
I've always bought Small-Reg and the newest set I have must be on the lowest side of that because the pants are noticeably shorter and the waste is tighter. There's also some miss-dyed and weird looking fabric on it. The jacket is fine.
>>
>>62748364
Yea, it’s likely just an issue with the sizing. If possible, measure the waist through the ruler. You can compare the waist size of your old pants to the new ones. Measure straight across and multiply by 2.
>>
>>62747882
Former Marine, current Army. I can in fact confirm that the individual issue equipment in the Marine Corps is better than in the Army. The MOLLE 2 ruck is complete dogshit compared to the FILBE. PC vs MSV is a toss up, ECH feels like a slight upgrade from the helmet I had in the Marines Corps (I EAS'd in 2019). My battalion started getting large quantities of suppressors (KAC NT4) right around the time I was getting out, we were in the process of fielding the M7 RCO and while we had IAR's they weren't issued to everyone being an LAR BN
>>
>>62748364
Yea, you always have to measure the uniforms that way you got the right one. If not, you can go to a tailor to get it refitted
>>
>>62747467
>Ihwcu is nice but it’s really just a garrison uniform

A jarhead wrote this post. IHWCU is the field uniform dumbass.
>>
>>62747467
>garrison uniform
According to who?
>>
>>62750677
According to me who wears it in garrison everyday. Yes it’s also a field uniform, but really anything you’re willing to get dirty works for a field uniform.
>>
>>62747831
Whos bragging? frogs are basically fracu’s. I’m issued gen 3 army combat pants they’re ass. Gen 1’s are pretty decent. The massif combat tops are actually pretty good for what they are. And decent combat or field top shits on frog or army combats desu. Ihwcu are fine I were them everyday and often in the field. Wouldn’t be my first choice for real world shit though.
>>
>>62751472
>gen 3s
There’s only 2 generations of ACUs. The first generation is the one with UCP/Multicam in the mix. Gen 2 is entirely OCP unless you get custom shit from propper/truspec to make it multicam. Regardless, gen 1/2 ACUs are basically the same thing except for a few design changes like the collar/velcros. While the FROGs are like the FRACUs, the army att least let you wear uniforms with integrated kneepads. Along with the FRACUs being in ripstop fabric, which is miles better than the Twill fabric that the FROGs use despite both being made of the same materials.
>>
>>62751472
IHWCU is something I’d wear if shit hit the fan lol. The main issue is that it fades a lot quicker than regular ACUs much like the FRACUs, but it’s comfy enough to be used in the field along with having improved anti abrasion materials.
>>
>>62747467
>Ihwcu is nice but it’s really just a garrison uniform.
I haven't worn regular OCPs since these came out. Almost everyone wears it out in the field also.
>>
>>62745768
>now that the dust has settled, what does /k/ think about the IHWCU?
I like flectarn
>>62745768
>Was it a good Decision by the army to develop it?
Not really since flecktarn exists
>>62745768
>Why haven’t the marines developed similar uniforms than just relying on outdated Twill uniforms?
crayons
>>
>>62752439
Based flektarn autist

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.