[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1728929404587.png (2.5 MB, 1752x1364)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
https://defence-industry.eu/lithuania-explores-acquisition-of-cv90-vehicles-for-enhanced-military-capabilities/
>The CV90, produced by BAE Systems Hägglunds, is one of the world’s most advanced infantry fighting vehicles, known for its versatility and combat effectiveness. Lithuania aims to acquire enough vehicles to equip two mechanised battalions, potentially purchasing over 100 units. These IFVs will work in tandem with the newly acquired Leopard 2 tanks, further strengthening Lithuania’s armoured and mechanised capabilities.

>General Vaikšnoras highlighted the CV90’s importance in complementing the nation’s tank battalions, offering infantry support and enhancing overall operational flexibility. The Defence Minister has been tasked with initiating procurement procedures and ensuring industrial cooperation with Lithuanian companies. Once manufacturer proposals are reviewed, the State Defence Council will make the final decision, with the purchase funded through Lithuania’s Defence Fund.

Lynx sisters... we got too cocky...
>>
File: 1711995226475.webm (3.94 MB, 1920x1080)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB WEBM
>>62753006
>CV90 to Lithuania
>K21 to Latvia (soon)
Are large caliber guns the new meta against the drones?
>>
File: 20241017_142130.jpg (1.05 MB, 3840x1806)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>62753006
>chassis over 3 decades old
>advanced
lmaoing@u
>>
>>62753006
>boomer turret
>no APS
Cringe.
>>
literally no point in buying anything until lessons learned from ukraine are in the designs
>>
>>62753022
>Are large caliber guns the new meta against the drones?
there seems to be a general trend towards programmable fuses and airburst and a bigger shell definitely helps. I'd imagine all ifvs will eventually be capable of limited AA work for anti drone purposes, or maybe we'll see an evolution of APS take care of that instead
>>
>>62753524
I agree. Everything must have a defence against drones for example
>>
>>62753006
Stop using this stupid photoshop FFS.
There is NO EBRC Jaguar turret integrated on the CV90.
>>
>>62753572
yep
>roof and engine deck armor needs to be increased
>side hull armor needs to be increased
>aps for high performance atgms
>jammers/ew built in
high performance kinetic impacts on the frontal aspect are a thing of the past
>>
>>62753006
Well it is a premium IFV with a good production.
>>62753551
Njet comrade, simply make vehicle into shed.
>>
>>62753524
We've had 3 years of Ukrainian war, and they need to arm.
Sorry bro, your shill op is cooked.
>>
*Laughs in Swedish Military-Industrial Complex*
>>
>>62753624
I feel that Sweden, Turkey and Korea will fill the affordable gap in the arms market that Russia used to provide. I'm surprised Chinese stuff still does so poorly but South American armies that have tested their stuff against western stuff have shown that they're still behind the curve although their tanks and electronics have pass Russia if their tests are to be believed.
>>
>>62753609
it's a waste of money, anon. it'd be better to buy spgs, artillery systems (rocket and gun) and sam systems in their place if one is worrying about going to war.

much cheaper battle taxis out there that won't be any worse.
>>
File: proofster.jpg (12 KB, 259x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>62753524
>why are tiny Baltics arming?????? No need to worry xaxaxa )))))))
>>
>>62753692
see>>62753671
may as well just buy twice the number of m113s. they won't do any worse overall.
>>
>>62753506
>chassis over 3 decades old
Lolno
>>
File: 1680769073386.webm (1.71 MB, 1280x720)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB WEBM
what gun tho?
do they even make the 40mm anymore?
>>
>>62753902
is that snownigger tech tier spread deliberate?
>>
File: 16576234216437.jpg (279 KB, 1920x1080)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>62753908
looks like the first round goes a little high then the FCS compensates and places the rest pretty accurately
not bad for such a large caliber with such a high rate of fire
>>
>>62753902
30 or 35mm, nobody but the old swedish ones are running 40mm, and even they are re-ordering in the 35mm version
>>
>>62753995
fair. was worried because for a second it looked like that terminator webm from a year ago with its autocannons shaking themselves apart into the shadow realm.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (19 KB, 424x220)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>62754012
you can even see that before the first shot and after the last shot the barrel is aimed lower by just the tiniest amount
>>
>>62753022
>K21 to Latvia
I keep hearing this all the time, what was smoked to come up with that?
>>
>>62754012
Until that first round is fired and the FCS collects it's own real life data, it's just going on theory.
Ballistic tables only go so far, especially for autocannons which is why they are typically fired in bursts.
>>
>>62753006
>>Lithuania is buying over 100 CV90
>explores acquisition
>considering the acquisition
>plans to procure
>aims to acquire
>potentially purchasing
>Once manufacturer proposals are reviewed, the State Defence Council will make the final decision
>>
>>62753902
the guy throwing out the empty shells has some strong and fast hands
>>
>>62753671
>>62753727
>>62753572
>>62753524
This 100x and I am from Lithuania. Ukraine bought us some time as Russia is in no shape to invade nato country openly for at least decade maybe more as they need to rebuild their army.
It is a risk to delay purchases but the way war has changed now it's worth to take it especially for land armor since it's on the verge of big changes. Of course our politicians as retarded as anywhere are going to buy precisely armor which is likely going to be already outdated when delivered. There were also talks about buying Leo A8 for 2B $ which is even more retarded than tracked old design IFVs. Of course those are solid and tried and tested solutions and I also understand the idea of buying them now and would agree with it for bigger and richer country - just buy something as a stopgap and then buy again the newest stuff. However Lithuania is ridiculously small and kinda poor - the amounts of money needed for these purchases are going to put country under extreme financial strain, basically now there are all kinds of discussions to increase taxes to afford these guns and increasing taxes is going to decrease investments and slow down economic growth which we should be focusing on now (having bigger economy will allow more guns 10 years from now). For a country of that size you need to be extremely cost efficient. And I don't mean cheapest solution it could be most expensive one but most important part is that it gives most chances to biggest asymmetry to your favor. Leos and CV90 are good but at the moment they are extremely vulnerable so I would wait with them and buy things that we know works now. It's not that we don't need armor or that those are bad, it simply means that in small county's case if we go all in we can't buy other things that are needed. And you need to be smart .
>>
>>62753006
They are made for their type of terrain which makes sense
>>
>>62753006
Very smert
>>62753022
I fucking love the CV90. >:o
>Are large caliber guns the new meta against the drones?
As long as it's large enough to put a proximity or adjustable time-delayed fuse.
>>
>>62753524
See>>62753022
>>
>>62754639
Yes very true I am Mykolas Bagdonas from Kaunas Oblast and I agree. Stop buying military things and focus on economy and diplomacy instead!
>>
>>62754639
For that money we could potentially have small air force like 8-12 fighter bombers
Air defense is needed especially from ballistic missiles (e.g. patriot)
Drones drones drones, all kinds of them, do R&D, good chance to cooperate with Ukrainians and produce them at home - money doesn't leave the country, we could start now and send what we produce to Ukraine atm.
Shitload of mines, all kinds of them - we see they work and work very well. All kinds of remote mining systems. This counters armor even if you don't have any yourself. Mines and various industry produced traps should be Lithuanians MIC focus.
Engineering equipment to quickly build defense lines and prepare some very robust ones right now at least in territory around Suwalki corridor.
All kinds of rocket artillery and all kinds of rockets, including ballistic ones. Need to also produce at home and build large reserves of at least simple and cheap rockets. Potentially could partner with Ukrainians regarding that (e.g. Vilkha mlrs and general rocket producing tech).
Artillery and artillery shells, especially cluster ones. Produce at home (currently factory is being build by Rheinmetal, so good for that) and accumulate reserves.
If we can wait some time I would be really interested in tracked boxer as this would make a lot of sense to be very cost effective. Modules are interchangeable and country already has (or will have) more than 200 wheeled boxers (IFV and APC). This could bring huge savings for maintenance and would have all the advantages of modularity even during the war (one boxer has module damaged, another has base damage, but you just take good parts and have one working machine very quickly and back to battle while rest is in repairs). Increasing this number to 300+ both tracked and wheeled would be very nice. They are a bit afraid to experiment now after boxer turret issues dealing with israelis, but I would do it in heartbeat.
>>
>>62754693
I am not saying to not buy military things >>62754757
>>
File: tracked Boxer.jpg (851 KB, 1736x1203)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
>>62753006
Why not go with the tracked Boxer variant? Lithuanian military procurement is a clusterfuck
>>
>>62754048
https://defence-blog.com/latvia-2028-infantry-vehicles-plan/
>The concept emphasizes the need for NAF to enhance capabilities by increasing firepower and operational range, curbing adversary freedom in the air, sea, and land. Simultaneously, NAF is set to bolster air defense, coastal protection, long-range missile artillery, and unmanned aerial vehicle capabilities while integrating infantry combat platforms.

>Commander Kalniņš highlighted that the infantry fighting vehicles would constitute a new platform with at least Level III protection, essential for engaging in tactical operations and neutralizing adversaries on the front lines.

>“We are progressing towards this goal, and by 2028, the physical presence of such a platform in Latvia will undoubtedly be known. We have chosen a specific type of vehicle, but there are procurement processes ahead. We cannot delve into specifics until the procurement and tender process concludes,” stated the NAF Commander.

>Predicted candidates for the infantry fighting vehicles include the Turkish Otokar Tulpar, Spanish GDELS ASCOD 2, and South Korean Hanwha K21. These modern platforms are among the potential options under consideration for Latvia’s strategic defense upgrade, with each vehicle offering distinct features and capabilities. The final selection will hinge upon rigorous evaluations and considerations aligning with Latvia’s defense requirements and future operational needs.

>Infantry fighting vehicles are imperative to modernize the Mechanized Infantry Brigade and eventually replace the Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance tracked (CVR(T)) armored vehicles, previously procured from the United Kingdom by the National Armed Forces. It was reported by LETA that the first vehicles were delivered in the autumn of 2015.
>>
>>62754639
Die in war so Somali fill your place and get rid of nasty Russophobic genes with womens
>>
>>62754976
>Lithuanian military procurement is a clusterfuck
Why? Because it didn't choose German vehicles?
>>
>>62755084
Yes
>>
>>62755084
Well, why choose some random exotic stuff instead of proven German technology that is already used by most of Europe.
>>
BAE has hired SHIT TON of people this year so they are pumping them out like there is no tomorrow.
>>
>>62755118
Because Germans will make you jump through hoops even for maintenance and are prone to thinking nations trying to protect themselves is potentially dangerous (they’re currently like pacifist Russians at the end of the day)
>>
>>62755047
>competition between turkshit, ajax in disguise and K21
Ok, it makes sense now
>>62755118
Yeah, they could choose German vehicles and wait until 2065 till they are delivered.
>>
>tiny irrelevant Baltic shithole buys measly handful of equipment
>this deserves a thread on /k/ instead of a real military like Turkey or South Korea
>>
>>62755159
What large expansionist power that is beginning to act irrationally is on their doorstep anon?
>>
>>62754757
Shittons of anti-air, shittons of smart mines, shitton of autonomous systems, repudiate the APM treaty if it was signed by some dumbass former government, repudiate the cluster munitions treaty as well, base your defenses around as many force multipliers as possible.
>>
File: CV_90_Mk_IV.jpg (368 KB, 1024x768)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
there is no statement about a contract, they're just considering CV90 as of now
CV90 is the most widespread Euro IFV in active service rn, several Euro armies are using it in tandem with Leo 2
tracked Boxer is not used by anyone, so CV90 is definitely the safer option
if Lithuania should go for CV90 it'd be a good choice, it would fit well with the Leo 2A8 they want to order/have ordered already(?)
>>62755143
>>62755146
CV90 is the best choice for Lithuania but you are retarded faggots for the false narratives you push and should kys ASAP
>>
>>62753908
>1 miss high
>1 hit low
>4 hits center
Your assessment of snowniggers is far too generous.
>>
>>62753902
>do they even make the 40mm anymore?
It is still produced for naval applications, so the tooling still exist, but putting it on IFVs these days makes zero sense (it did in the early 90's) so nobody wants that and BAE isnt even designing 40mm turrets for the CV90 anymore.
>>
>>62755172
At the end of the day a bunch of random ACPs isn’t going to help much when half of their country rises up and joins Russia because apparently violently oppressing ethnic Russians in your borders you claim to treat as citizens for 30 years might make them unloyal
>>
>>62755159
You are free to make a thread where you jerk off to gooks or turks anon, nobody is stopping you
>>
File: leo 2 cv90.jpg (171 KB, 1600x692)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>62755184
there are significant Russian minorities in Latvia and Estonia but not in Lithuania, also your post doesn't belong here bc it's not related to military matters.
>>
>>62755198
/pol/ is a weapons board not a military one. This thread is about weapons not military.
>>
>>62755118
But why mention the tracked boxer, as it is just a tech-demo that nobody has bought yet?
>>
Lynxshill on suicide watch
>>
>>62755084
Because why go with the Boxer and then choose a completely different tracked IFV with a whole different supply chain?
>>
>>62755184
>muh oppressed rusnigger minorities. They can fuck off back to Russia if they like it so much. I hope we can solve the rusnigger problem in the chaos of war
>>
>>62755167
>What large expansionist power that is beginning to act irrationally is on their doorstep anon?
nato already vassalized south korea tho
>>
>>62755308
>muh HATO eckspanshiun
kys, vatnigger
>>
File: s_ak5c_1.jpg (259 KB, 1000x525)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>Sweden just keeps winning
Based, fuck the krauts
>>
do the new CV90 comes with anti tnak missiles now?
>>
>>62755382
If you want it, yes. The NL vehicles have Spike integrated, i think
>>
File: CV90_Operators.svg.png (283 KB, 1920x975)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
I see a contract
And I want it painted blue
No Lynx anymore
I want them to turn blue
>>
>>62755399
>Greenland
the fuck?
>>
>>62755197
Fuck off with your worthless three battalion army Baltshit
>>
File: Morshu_2.png (170 KB, 512x512)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>62755382
>do the new CV90 comes with anti tnak missiles now?

>>62755391
>If you want it, yes

Missiles, drones, bombs? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough kronor.
>>
>>62755471
still a danish colony
>>
File: 1688846633647868.png (303 KB, 1075x672)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>62755488
>three little countries bring eternal seethe to rusniggers
you love to see it
>>
>>62754048
I will forever seethe about Baltic procurement not being coordinated whatsoever.
Estonians already have CV90s, why aren't we all going with that?
>>62754639
>At least a decade
Yeah and if we buy these now, they'll take until 2036-2040 according toofficial estimates to arrive. Don't be stupid. Alternatively - stop trolling.
>>62754976
That was considered, as well.
I assume they wanted something heavier as technically, it's an APC. We also had problems with procurement, but that was due to trying to be cheap and mixing and matching it with an Israeli turret.
>>62755084
it is fucked. We also got CAESARS for some reason, when we already have Pzh2000s, their repair centers and a bunch of other German kit.
>>
>>62755276
>completely different tracked IFV with a whole different supply chain?
You're getting that either way if you go CV or tracked Boxer, the only commonality with the wheeled vehicle is the mission module.
>>
>>62753506
the MKIV is brand new
>>
>>62753006
>OP being a massive gorilla nigger
Even the headline says that they are considering, not buying.
>>
>>62755564
It's getting there, slowly.
Like Latvia and Estonia doing a unified IRIS-T purchase (could have been the same with Patrias but estonia chose to take the roachpill instead).
But yeah, we should be coordinating everything where possible, there's no excuses now that Latvia's been started to carry it's weight as well.
>>
lmao the amount of butthurt from the germans in this thread is hilarious, just realize that no one buys your POS.
>>
>>62755054
Sudan crisis brings in more Sudanese soon. Upwards of 5 million refugees EU, their gene stronger.
>>62755488
You want them to fuck off because you are scared. SAD!
>>62755172
Krauts haven’t made anything good since WW1. All Leos are good for is pretending you’re helping by sending them to random shitholes
>>62755173
It’s mostly due to their prey eyes from years of being murdered by mongols, helps them escape from danger
>>62756053
Modern Germany has the dual curse of West German entitlement and East German delusion. It’s a monster. Morgenthau plan was the best post WW2 option for that shithole
>>
>>62755566
>the only commonality with the wheeled vehicle is the mission module
But that's the point and most expensive part of the vehicle. If you hit the mine and vehicle base is damaged and needs repairs your equipment is idle while with modular system you just swap it on working base and can continue use the equipment. Once you invest in this idea and platform it's stupid not to continue with it and start investing in completely new platform especially for such a small country.
>>
>>62755054
I haven't even said anything Russophobic and simply discussed military procurement of my country.
>>
>>62756992
NTA but is any of the tracked Boxer variants in production today?
>>
>>62753624
The guy on the left looks Slavic.
>>
>>62757149
Lol no, there's a single prototype running around in Allach making noise and looking silly. The thing is fucking huge
>>
File: top kek.jpg (20 KB, 406x395)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>62753506
If it ever get to counter puccians at all, it will be MT-LBs, and PT-76s
>>
File: Jaguar11.jpg (367 KB, 2048x1536)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>62753006
With which turret though? OP image is photoshopped with a French Jaguar turret
>>
File: Vilkas IFV.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>62757358
Important because Lithuania cheaped out when they got the Boxer. They put a shitty Samson turret on it.
>>
>>62757316
Or more liekly, golf carts and chinese scooters
>>
>>62757358
Most liekly the regular CV9035 Mk IV turret, since that and the unmanned variant is the only one beeing offered right now by BAE. Sure, if you pay enough extra they might slap something other on there, but so far all customers of the CV90 use the inhouse BAE turret.
>>
>>62757441
Is that the D-series turret?
>>
>>62757448
Might be, that or the somewhat older one without missile armament, its kinda down to what they decide is better for them. Countries up north usually have a habit of keeping their mssile teams dismounted in specialized teams since the dese forrests kinda prevent the use vehicle mounted ones.
>>
>>62757493
Basically
Saving the rockets for more dexterious troops instead of the mostly road bound vehicles lets you use more opportunities for ambush and the like
>>
File: CV9050 MkIV.jpg (654 KB, 1200x800)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>62757493
I thought the new turret for the MKIV was default with ATGM position. I doubt Lithuania will get one without it, given the Vilkas (Boxer 'IFV') has ATGM.
>>
>>62757640
Like with most things, its optional if you want to pay for it.
>>
>>62755924
Estonia took the roach offer because it was stupid cheap and they need them immediately to meen NATO demands. Though the price being so cheap probably means that the Turks cheat on them in some way.
>>
>>62757548
Its a bit about this, but its also down to the simple fact even if you can see a target in your sight, when in a forrested area that might not mean the missile wich is a foot or two right of the gunner has a clear line of sight. That problem is eliminated for ground troops, a dude with a NLAW knows if he will hit a tree or not.
>>
>>62757691
What roachshit is estonia getting?
>>
File: DSC04208-scaled.jpg (565 KB, 2560x1441)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>62757722
Yoruk 4X4 and Otokar Arma. 230 vehicles for 200 million euro and deliveries began immediately.
>>
>>62757769
That is a legit good deal, ill give them that
>inb4 it braks down all the time and smug roaches will make them pay a shitton for spare parts
>>
>>62757000
No one cares about Shituania, when /k/ should be discussing the military procurement of Malaysia, a more significant country
>>
>>62755184
>be 25% of the population
>live like pigs, don't work, don't wash, leave trash >everywhere, refuse to learn local dialect, drink all day, >won't go home to Russia because they know its >fucked, complain constantly that it's not Russia >anymore.

yeah, they're real winners, and everybody is happy they stayed
>>
>>62757179
Left guy = Finnish sperg
Middle guy = South Swedish chad
Right = faggot stockholmer
>>
Is it safe to say that the CV90 is now the most successful Swedish military export vehicle?
>>
File: Strf-9040C-Image-5.jpg (352 KB, 1024x683)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>his IFV doesn't have a sunroof so you can stand up and shoot from the back
>>
>>62759829
In terms of money making, I would assume it's the Gripen + whatever service agreement goes with them.
>>
>>62753006
total Swedish victory, germs BTFO
>>
File: bmp1 ddr.jpg (666 KB, 2048x1318)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>62759842
>>
File: DjdBOFmX4AEkZcT.jpg (45 KB, 960x557)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>62753006
How is it that the Swedes, a nation of white-guilted, uber-cuck, pinewood-brained, holier-than-thou cowards, who have steadfastly avoided conflict for 200 years, produce weapons systems of such high quality and success in the foreign sales market?
>>
>>62759863
>success in the foreign sales market
pic not related though
>>
>>62759863
why not? selling guns is good business.
>>
>>62753006
>explores acquisition
>is buying
Is OP or his source lying?
Hope they get it though, cooperation between scansdis and balts never hurts, even if the lynx is the superior system.
>>
>>62756053
>>62756339
t. butthurt
>>
>>62755132
That is great to hear
>>
File: 1786523432643.jpg (41 KB, 700x396)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>62759863
1. Non-alignment which demands some level of self-sufficiency in military capabilities and if you build it you might as well sell it.
2. Industry wasn't leveled to the ground in 2 world wars.
3. High IQ people that have done a lot of innovating and inventing in general, not just military stuff.
>>
>>62759816
100% accurate
>>
>>62759863
Up til the 1990s Sweden was Korea-tier militarized, with pretty much everyone aged 16 - 70 having a pre-assigned role in case of war. Out of a population of around 8 million at the time, more then 1 million was in the military or military reserve/home guard etc
>>
File: 1684742658802122.jpg (2.63 MB, 1801x3200)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>62753524
I don't know why those other anons are cooking you, I fucking hate zigger shills and I agree
I haven't seen any Ukranian feedback on the CV90 for a very long time, probably because zigjanny keeps offing threads, so if ANYBODY HAS ANY CV90 VIDS FROM UKRAINE NOW IS THE TIME TO REPLY TO ME WITH THEM
>>
>>62759863
Stop constructing your worldview based on internet memes.
>>
>>62761691
That's because most feedback comes in the form of telegram posts, ukes are being very positive of the thing.
Want a lot of footage of it, hand some over to one of the brigades that film every engagement, like the 47th of 3rd assault brigade.
>>
>>62761765
No, I will not. My invented worldview is a lot more comfortable to live in and much easier to maintain than """reality""".
>>
File: 1727721459126104.jpg (21 KB, 484x274)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>62758946
>Malaysia
>More significant
Turdie please lol
>>
File: 1722275990978299.png (742 KB, 1696x952)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
already asked this in /ak/ but there's probably some autocannon experts here
can cylindrical muzzle brakes work with discarding sabot ammunition or do you need a specific type of muzzle break?
>>
>>62761974
depends on how the brake is designed
>>
>>62761974
>spelled "brake" differently two times in the same post
i should just go to bed
>>
File: 8effd69f09.png (1.68 MB, 1200x630)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>62761986
by cylindrical muzzle break i meant like design you see used for the bulldog's 76mm gun, before they went with the pepperpot one
>>
>>62753902
The 40mm is better than the 25/30/35mm guns in every way other than ammunition feed which is a pain in the ass and heavily restricts the tempo you can fight at, which is the main reason even Sweden is swapping to a 35mm in the next version. Better range (4km range at building-sized targets with HE, 2km with AP), one of the most accurate guns on an IFV with only the puma being slightly more accurate, better ammunition (both APFSDS and more versetile fuzes for HE rounds) which give a FUCKTON of effect down range. Don't get me wrong a bradley will fuck shit up down range, but in pure effect it aint shit compared to the 40mm, it's just that the brad can keep thunking along due to it's vastly better ammunition feed.
It's only slightly better than the Warrior's feed system if you want it in a perspective.
>shoots 8 rounds
>has to swap magazine
>shoots 8 rounds
>oh fugg I need to reload!
>has to drive into cover and reload the magazines for 1.5 minutes

t. Swedish CV90 crewman
>>
>>62759887
pic is a czech JAS-39 though??
>>
>>62762001
considering the walker could fire sabot rounds it doesn't seem to be a big deal, though I'd imagine designers would have to take the brake into consideration
>>
>>62753671
Because Lithuania is in NATO. They don't really need that crap. We we supply them instantly at lower than normal cost. Our nuclear weapons are part of their national defense for example. With these little things they can punch above their weight and logistics or other things we got them covered. Baltic states are near historicak heritage sites in America. It's unusual I know.
>>
>>62762010
how have you retards not figured out how to belt feed that 40mm gun yet tho
>>
File: XM913.jpg (210 KB, 723x1541)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>62762105
Look at how a Bofors gun works and it should be pretty obvious why it cant be belt fed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnDwlqbAEmQ

The simplest way to solve the ammo problem is simply to switch to a 35mm, wich is what is beeing done. I have a hard on for the comming XM913 50mm Bushmaster tho, wich is basically necked up 35mm, so ammunition really doesnt take up any more space then the current 35mm
>>
File: 138-1-660107686.jpg (1.46 MB, 3668x1656)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>62762105
There's not that much space underneath the gun in the turret, and you can't extend the turret basked downwards since a bunch of important electronics take up that space and it would block the drivers escape tunnel. Besides belted rounds take up a lot more space than having them in storage bins, and with how big these bad boys are you want to be able to carry as much as possible.
>>
>>62762014
czechs only rented them and are getting F-35s and i havent heard of anyone buying them in a while
>>
>>62761918
Malaysia is certainly more significant than three Baltic shitholes with a combined population of six million people
>>
>>62753524
The lessons we've learned about stuff like the CV90 and Bradley is that they can chew up any armor the Russian army fields up to and including their most advanced MBTs.
>>62753572
Slap an M230 on the roof and be done with it. Alternatively, just deploy it with something else that has an M230 slapped on the roof.
>>
>>62753605
armouring against drones is a waste, you are never going to design an armour layout that adequately protects the vehicle from a precision guided flying munition with swappable warheads
The future of armoured vehicle survivability against drones is in countermeasures that stop or destroy the drone before it reaches the vehicle
>>
>>62763646
mudslimes aren't people and nobody cares about their smelly brown country
>>
>>62757358
One of the usual export options.
We had lots of issues when trying to penny pinch by putting an Israeli turret on the Boxer.
>>
>>62764771
Jews and germs tend to not work well together
>>
>>62753506
That still means it's decades ahead of the only threat to Lithuania
>>
>>62762010
>The 40mm is better than the 25/30/35mm guns in every way other than ammunition feed
Not just feed but also capacity. It’s such a bad round for an IFV and that’s why no one uses it
>>
>>62764901
no one? there are quite few countries that either have 40mm or are planning on getting 40mm.
>>
>>62764908
Sweden and South Korea are the only countries who ordered bofors on their IFV. What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>62764908
Are you ok? There aren’t quite a few countries using full on 40mm. You might be thinking of the CT. I’m surprised you didn’t know that
>>
>>62753506
>>chassis over 3 decades old
>>advanced

Originally developed as a low cost low technology replacement for the PBV 302.
>>
>>62762010
>The 40mm is better than the 25/30/35mm guns in every way other than ammunition feed which is a pain in the ass and heavily restricts the tempo you can fight at, which is the main reason even Sweden is swapping to a 35mm in the next version.

Redesigning the 40 mm to not use a rim so it can be belt fed is beyond current technological capacity of swedes.
>>
>>62765307
I know you are just posting bait, but ill bite. Getting rid of a 70 year old shell and replacing it with a NATO standard is a lot more resonable then trying to redesign it, and invent a new gun for it since a Bofors gun cant be beltfed rim or not.
>>
>>62764927
might be talking about the 40mm case telescoped gun on newer french and brit vehicles

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.