[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: stonewall.jpg (235 KB, 738x912)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>Stonewall publicly backtracking on Cass Review and now fully endorsing it
It is completely over for UK trannys, but this affects all of us. There is now a very convincing sign that can be pointed to by anyone critical of trans medicine. What is our next move here?
>>
stonewall is not a medical organization
>>
File: 1713824663572191.png (287 KB, 1258x1292)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>35497090
Time for me and my partner too get Brazilian estrogen siphoned from a boob
>>
>>35497090
Grassroots anarchistic organizing and also rebelling against doctors and the government
>>
>>35497107
transgenderism is not a medical condition
it is eugenics with a disguise on
>>
>>35497182
>transgenderism
It's over for you
>>
>>35497090
they'd probably lose their charity status otherwise
what a time to be alive...
>>
>>35497191
you are part of a cult
your actions benefit others at your own expense
>>
File: 1713821133188133.jpg (208 KB, 1857x2119)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>35497215
I dunno, taking estrogen and being happy seems great
>>
>>35497215
>at your own expense
Like that other anon said, I am substantially happier than when I started.
I also have a boyfriend now who loves me for who I am, a successful career in IT, and a healthy social life and hobbies.

Actually, now that I think about it I'm probably too well adjusted to still be posting here.
>>
>>35497276
I'm not well adjusted but I have a long term partner, that seems like it makes it illegal for me too post here
>>
>>35497090
I mean did you see Singal's victory lap in The Dispatch
He fully expects the AAP to go next
>>
>>35497215
My actions benefit me and my boyfriend. Seethe, repper.
>>
Someone summarize the cass report for me
>>
>>35497456
>children might be gay and autistic and confused so we need to make them wait forever
>>
>>35497456
The summary is "We must never allow children to take puberty blockers ever, youngshits are a disease and should be forced to suffer the pain of desperately trying to reverse the permanent changes caused by puberty like everyone else"
>>
>>35497481
is it that hard for you to not sterilize gay and autistic children?
>>
>>35497495
How would you summarize the cass report?
>>
>>35497090
>stonewall uk
I hate to be me of those anons who tries to rationalize everything, but to me it seems more like a PR move,
Kind of like when companies change their Twitter pfp to the pride flags during gay month and brag about being a diverse workplace who accept others but not for their accounts that service certain countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, etc)

Either way I’m sorry this is happening still :(
>>
>>35497182
Eugenics is a good thing
There is no such thing as an inherent right to reproduction
Forced sterilisation and abortion is a beautiful thing
>>
>>35497250
Why do transitioners always go out their way to say how happy they are? Every opportunity. It's like they're trying to convince themselves by repeating a mantra.
>>
>>35497456
Basically:
>"There is no good evidence to support any aspect of the gender affirmation approach."
>"No good evidence that puberty blockers are worth it."
>"No good evidence that medical transition is worth it."
>"No good evidence that social transition is worth it."
>>
>>35497942
gee chud, idk
it's almost like u told them they were suffering and they offered evidence to refute that claim
but go off bro, why would a bunch of ppl who were suicidally depressed and then got better talk abt being happy?
i guess it'll remain a mystery
you retarded donkey nigger
>>
>>35498014
People who are happy don't insist they're happy every five minutes.
>>
>>35498034
>insist they're happy every few minutes
maybe in ur imagination retard
if that's the best ur gonna do then u might as well just stop posting lmao
>>
>>35498034
>you're not happy
>yeah I am
>omg why do you always insist you're happy every 5 minutes clearly not that happy
>>
>>35498040
Exhibit A:
>>35497250
>>
>>35498049
It's more that the "I'm happy! I'm happy!" is constantly offered up without anyone else prompting it as your greentext implies.
>>
>>35498051
u literally just showed me a person saying they were happy, and it was from a fucking hour ago
do u ever get tired of looking retarded and making a fool of urself?
>>
>>35497954
Is it compelling? Do you agree with it?
>>
>>35498064
Yes. The Cass Report is the most rigorous and broad literature review ever performed.
>>
File: 1713853048507.jpg (119 KB, 750x1003)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>35497954
>No good evidence living is worth it
>>
>>35498069
and one of the only ones that hasn't been peer reviewed...?
>>
>>35497107
newest tranny cope
>>35497954
seems true to me
t. bi guy with AGP
>>
>>35498074
It's not going to be published in a journal. It's an NHS commissioned report. Similar to, say, the WPATH reports.
>>
>>35498059
oh really?
>>35497215
>at your own expense
>nah dude I'm happy

pretty clearly was prompted
>>
>>35498074
The systematic reviews that inform the report are peer reviewed and published in the BMJ. The Cass Review itself is a health policy document, not a scientific paper, and so it doesn't need to be peer reviewed.
>>
>>35498069
Well that's ok, I kinda prefer being trans stays alt and weird it's too normy nowadays
>>
>>35498134
id prefer if being trans was a thing of the past, seen as a barbaric custom of yore like bloodletting
>>
>>35498094
and? that doesn't change the fact that not being peer reviewed puts it at a lower standard lmao if the cass report is right then why can't you give me a peer reviewed study reaching the same conclusions?
>>35498104
yes, the studies the report uses are peer reviewed, obviously. that is basic science. the report itself reaches different conclusions than the vast majority of those studies, and is not peer reviewed
are you able to grasp why that is an issue?
>>
>>35498139
Hmmm
>>
>>35498168
An example of a peer reviewed study reaching some of the conclusions would be Carmichael et al 2021, one of the hundreds of peer reviewed studies discussed and analysed for the Cass Report.
>>
File: journal paper on shotacon.png (175 KB, 1278x1165)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>35498168
>not being peer reviewed puts it at a lower standard
peer review is a meme, THIS was peer reviewed
>>
>>35498014
>so happy i have a gamer word tantrum when someone’s says im not happy
>>
>>35497942
because you're always saying we're sad
>>
>>35498059
I've noticed this with people who got SRS
they always preface it with something like "I'm happy it was finally done but..." and then go on to explain about how it was botched, every time. Literal coping mechanism
>>
>>35498218
>some
>hundreds
so let me get this right, one study out of hundreds supports *some* of her conclusions, while the vast majority do not? do u rly expect me to be convinced by that
>>35498225
>science isn't real
wonderful.
>>35498227
oh no u got it donkey nigger, I'm just a miserable seething tranny
so what does that make the guy who spends his free time talking to me?
>>
>>35498227
>protest but not too much
>respond courteously
>speak about it only when spoken to
Is this how you prove your happy or victorian boarding school etiquette lmao
>>
>>35498168
>the report itself reaches different conclusions than the vast majority of those studies
For example?...
>>
>>35498243
>science isn't real
strawmeme
>u got it donkey nigger, I'm just a miserable seething tranny
yes
>what does that make the guy who spends his free time talking to me?
someone who delights in juvenalian schaudenfreude, or a good samaritan trying to lend you a helping hand, or both
>>
>>35497481
hopefully it will only be used to silence anglo trannies and europe and latin america will ignore it
>>
>>35498243
The whole point of the report is that it establishes answers to vast swathes of questions within transgender healthcare.
It does this by considering the results from hundreds of peer reviewed studies.
Each individual study will be considering a much more tightly defined, single question.
For example, Carmichael is a peer-reviewed study which supports the Cass Report saying that puberty blockers do not improve mental health. It doesn't support the Cass Report saying that hormones have zero effect on height. For that, Cass references Loi-Koe et al, 2018, and Boogers et al, 2022. None of these peer-reviewed studies support the Cass Report saying that early use of puberty blockers makes vaginoplasty more difficult. For that, Cass uses Lee et al, 2023. And so on and so on.
This is how the report works. It aggregates and summarises all the science on transgender healthcare in youths, and that science consists of peer reviewed studies which support one statement or other in the Cass Review.
>>
>>35498271
>juvenalian schadenfreude
that's not a term you actual retard
are you trying to refer to juvenalian satire?
you realize that the concept of schadenfreude literally does not figure in here?
jfc every time i talk to one of u chuds u start breaking out this flowery prose to try and sound educated or smth ig and u always fuck it up
>>35498297
>all the science
except the 98 percent of peer reviewed studies it discarded. This is why even work which merely summarizes the state of a field is typically also peer reviewed, which u would know of u had any background in research or academia, or even the slightest insight into how these processes function. The choice to include a study and exclude another, to prioritize one set of findings over another, regardless of the author's justifications, is in and of itself a decision which ought to be (and again, typically *is*) subject to peer review
the fact that in the case of the cass review, it was not, is objectively a problem with the paper. especially given that it reaches such different conclusions than so many of the studies in the field, and especially when the author has chosen to exclude so much peer reviewed science. no amount of talking around the issue is going to change that
>>
>>35498347
>that's not a term
you're right, it's an adjective and a noun
>except the 98 percent of peer reviewed studies
yeah if she'd included all the studies on wanking to shotacon the report would've turned out much different
>>
>>35498372
>completely ignores me pointing out ur retardation
bro just give up lol
>>
>>35498347
>98% of peer reviewed studies it discarded
This is false. I think this comes from the fact that, in the Taylor et al update to the NICE review, only 1 of the 50 studies into puberty blockers was found to be high quality. This has somehow morphed into the "98% of studies were discarded" myth being parroted by idiots since.
I disagree that this kind of work is typically peer reviewed. Every single other equivalent report I can think of - none of them were peer reviewed.
>>
>>35498379
>every single other equivalent report i can think of - none of them were peer reviewed
almost like u don't read real science?
>>
>>35498377
>I'm just a miserable seething tranny
>schadenfreude literally does not figure in here
:^)
as for juvenalian, it's an adjective, https://www.oxfordreference.com/display/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803100027799 but of course you'd just do quick google search and your dunning-kruger would assume it's some kind of gotcha
>>
>>35498394
The Cass Report isn't a scientific paper. It's a review of the science in order to make recommendations on healthcare policy. It's similar, for example, to the reports from:
>Council for Choices in Health Care in Finland, 2020
>WPATH, 2022
>Norwegian Directorate of Health, 2022
>American Academy of Paediatrics, 2018
>Royal Children's Hospital of Melbourne, 2018
None of these reports were peer reviewed either, because their remit was not academic publication. I really don't think it's difficult to understand this. It's like demanding peer-review for a news article, and declaring it nonsense without. Peer review is just part of the process for publication in an academic journal, and none of these reports are written with that aim.
>>
>>35498425
the definition u mention literally says written in the style of the Roman poet Juclvenal who wrote sixteen verse satires
you are so retarded it hurts
and again throwing around big words u don't understand
are u a child?
>>35498431
>it's like demanding peer review for a news article
well gee anon, if that news article was being billed as a comprehensive review and used to inform public policy decisions then yes, i would declare it nonsense without peer review
>peer review is just part of the process for publication in an academic journal
no, peer review is the process by which science corrects itself and discards faulty conclusions
>>
>>35498509
The point is that you're applying a completely inappropriate requirement for the medium. If you dismiss every such report (like those listed), every news article, everything anyone ever says, on the basis of lack of peer review, then you cannot believe anything at all. You declare nearly all of reality to be unknowable.
It's just foolishness. Pointless existential wankery that's generally confined to depressed teenagers and philosophy undergrads.
>>
stop trying to sterilize children
>>
>>35498509
>getting hung up on Juvenal being a poet
there's the dunning-kruger again
>>
>>35498394
Learn when to take the L
>>
>>35498347
>except the 98 percent of peer reviewed studies it discarded.
look, if you haven't even read the report and all your opinions come from retard twitter trannys whose literal job it is to spin the narrative... probably you shouldn't even enter the conversation. you're actually just making everything so much fucking worse for all of us by being too incompetent to even do basic fact checking. trans activist try not to make normies hate us challenge, difficulty impossible
>>
>>35498550
>strawman
I'm not dismissing everything for lack of peer review, as per the criteria i gave i am actually applying that standard to quite a narrow subset of things.
does it not strike you as a problem, that to continue to disagree with me you have to willfully misinterpret my words and then dismiss ur weird interpretation as existential wankery? if ur not even going to argue in good faith, then don't bother talking to me
>>35498598
>trans activist
hello my fellow transgenders
>>
>>35498608
Well, which transgender healthcare policy reports would you accept? If the answer is "none of them, and I never will" then that's clearly a you-problem.
>>
>>35498626
yes anon, that's precisely the point
i do not believe a non peer reviewed report is useful as anything more than a resource to researchers. if it's not peer reviewed, it should not be a basis for public health policy. i think that's pretty fucking reasonable
>>
>>35498659
Then public health policy will be based on nothing at all. Every single corner of public health policy is based on commissioned reports like this, and not a single one of them is peer reviewed.
You are advocating for a complete overhaul of the health system, without even arguing for an alternative. That's not reasonable in the slightest. You just seem like you haven't thought this through.
>>
>>35498578
omfg i have to believe this is bait at this point
the poet part wasn't the significant part of that sentence, the satire part was
so u can't even use the term "getting hung up on" correctly
how are u this stupid, genuinely
>>
>>35498679
no, then public health policy will be based on the decisions of experts in the relevant fields in keeping with current research
like it usually fucking is
again, just willfully misinterpreting everything i say
who are you even trying to convince at this point?
>>
>>35498659
not exactly sure what magical transformation you believe would take place if the document were to be published in a journal. because the paper isn't a scientific research article, it would be treated like an essay. there is no methodology to criticize because the paper is basically just a legal document that references systematic reviews that have already been peer reviewed. it's also weird of you to demand this because the implication is that literally every government report would have to be published in a scientific journal before you trust it which is retarded and wouldnt actually improve the integrity of these documents
>>
>>35498703
>Based on the decisions of experts
It would be useful if we could have those expert views formally summarised and written down in a digestible way yes? Even better, if we commissioned a handful of those experts to study a specific topic in a dedicated way for several years, and then write a comprehensive review with recommendations for practice in the UK.
Do you think that would be a good idea?
>>
>>35497942
Why do tourists like you constantly spam us with memes about how we're all suicidally depressed
>>
>>35498723
incorrect, cass used her own methodology in evaluating the quality of various studies. *that* is what needs to be subject to scrutiny from experts in the field, as i mentioned before
are you being purposely obtuse?
>the implication that literally every government report be published in a journal
no, i think every document that is used as a basis for government policy ought to be subject to the scrutiny of outside experts. apparently you think that's crazy and doesn't already happen, for some reason?
>>
>>35498687
you just don't get it and likely never will
that's why I tried to brush over your initial idiocy, but you doubled down
you could read juvenal (or swift) and maybe get an inkling of an idea of what it actually means to be juvenalian, but I doubt you have the capacity for it
>>
>>35498725
not unless the work of those experts has been subjected to outside review, no.
>>
>>35498739
we know you aren't gonna actually kill yourselves, its just a ruse for attention and a way to manipulate others
>>
>>35498754
>Cass used her own methodology in evaluating the quality of various studies.
This is false. I'm not sure where you got this idea from. You seem very poorly informed on the report. Have you read it?
>>
>>35498761
>trannies are mentally ill 41 percent lol
>we know you'll never actually kill yourselves
???
>>
>>35498760
What would you say is the difference between
>Five experts working together to write the report and then two experts reviewing it
and
>Seven experts working together to write the report
>>
>>35498769
i have, have you? she literally outlines her system for gauging the quality of the studies. you fucking retard
>>
>>35498772
the two experts not being involved in the writing of the report is the difference, you moron
if u think that's wrong then ur problem is with the scientific method, not me
>>
>>35498773
I have, and I must have missed this. I didn't see any bespoke quality evaluation methodology.
>>
>>35498781
And what exactly is the point of such a difference?
For academic publication, the point is that the reviewers are independent from the research. In this case, everyone's independent anyway.
>>
>>35498273
Anywhere with a right-leaning or fundamentalist government will suffer for it, unfortunately
Including places where the above is picking up steam
>>
>>35498794
i already answered this
the methodology by which they judged the quality of the studies was not trivial and should be subject to review, if this document is to be the basis of public health policy
>>
>>35498816
transgender ideology is a grave threat to public health
>>
>>35498816
I don't think you have answered this. The methodology, approaches, and conclusions found in the Cass Report were agreed upon by 8 independently appointed experts in the field.
Why is this not good enough in your eyes? What exactly do you think would be gained by having a 9th person who only contributes after the report is written?
>>
>>35498853
no, the methodology was *devised* by 8 experts
*that* is why it should be subject to review
are you always this obtuse, or only when it comes to things you don't want to hear?
>>
>>35498853
>>35498816
Of course, we both really know the answer. You don't legitimately have any grievances with the standard public health commission procedure. You just dislike its findings in this case, and are pretending that your upset is with the methodology rather than with the conclusions.
>>
>>35498868
u realize i already replied right? oh sorry, did i spoil the timing of ur cringe little gotcha post
>>
>>35498863
>The methodology was devised by 8 experts
lolwat? This doesn't even make sense. Hilary Cass didn't invent the idea of reviewing scientific literature and drawing practical recommendations from it.
All the report does is consider the scientific evidence and present what this shows. Every step of the way, every sentence in the report, is agreed by multiple independent experts. Do you really, seriously believe that adding a 9th expert would suddenly overturn any of it? I really think you're lying to yourself at this point.
>>
cass's "methodology" is not found in the bible, need I say more?
>>
>>35498890
omg read the fucking thread you retard
she uses a specific methodology for evaluating the studies, and that methodology is what ought to be subject to peer review
>>
>>35498225
>when your research is less legitimate than THIS
>>
>>35498918
Why do you deem the review of this evaluation methodology by Faith Gibson or Michael Linney to be insufficient?
>>
>>35498927
gee idk anon, why does anyone ever want outside review for anything
>>
>>35498955
Answer the question, friend. What exactly is there to gain from adding a 9th expert after the report is written? I think there is no value in that.
Peer review is vital in academic publishing because the whole setup is completely different. Lots of researchers produce lots of research, and the review process provides quality assurance.
For public health reports, a panel of independent experts is specifically commissioned to agree upon statements based on the scientific evidence. Subsequent peer review is unnecessary because challenging of the methodology and so on happens constantly while the report is being written.
>>
>>35498550
Please reread what anon wrote rather than throw red herrings:
>review billed as a comprehensive review used to inform public policy
Documents you outlines earlier seem to have been compiled by consortiums of individuals. The Cass review is verifiably independent by her own claims - she alone compiled the report.
You'd have hoped that, for an advisory document that addresses an entire discipline of medicine, that carries so much weight it can upend such to immediate effect, that peers involved in the field would've had more direct input to the recommendations.
>>
>>35499083
If any of the approach, conclusions, or recommendations found in Cass were not justified, then peers would indeed have challenged it.
>>
File: 1713863575987.jpg (436 KB, 1080x1422)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>35498679
Good. Then we can stop getting quackery like picrel.
>>
>>35497090
>UK puts out shoddy report full of holes and inconsistencies that blatantly worked from it's recommendations backwards
>UK charities and trans campaigners criticise the review and point out it's bullshit
>UK press call their criticism "misinformation" by nit-picking specific claims and saying the specific numbers given were wrong (whilst ignoring the meat of the longer criticisms provided)
>UK charities and campaigners back down and give up.
All they had to do to shut trannies up this whole time was lie twice in a row?
>>
>>35499151
The report isn't peer reviewed.

>>35498890
A hand picked advisory board that was 50% conversion therapists including the lead and explicitly refused including any trans people from the beginning.
>>
>>35498918
You seem confused. Cass didn't evaluate any of the studies. Independent researchers at The University of York did in their systematic reviews. By definition, she didn't have any say as to what scoring system they decided to use, and what you're asking for--that the wider scientific community decide what methodology to use--already happened.

>>35499083
>You'd have hoped that, for an advisory document that addresses an entire discipline of medicine, that carries so much weight it can upend such to immediate effect, that peers involved in the field would've had more direct input to the recommendations.
That's literally what she did. Page 52 of the report under Professional Input:
• Listening sessions with clinicans &
other professionals
• Focus groups with GIDS staff
• Programme of thematic roundtables
• Professional panel & online survey
• Clinical Expert Group
• Workshops & discussions with frontline
staff, professional bodies, national
organisations & system leaders
>>
>>35499164
Could you give a specific, legitimate criticism of the report?

>>35499176
Correct. It's not peer reviewed. This doesn't mean that Cass just went away and did her own thing without any other experts challenging her.
And then complaining about the board is silly. Real
>Listen to the experts, no not those experts!
energy
>>
>>35499188
>Correct. It's not peer reviewed. This doesn't mean that Cass just went away and did her own thing without any other experts challenging her.
The only experts who could challenger her was her own hand picked board of people already sympathetic to conversion therapy. No other mechanisms existed.
If you gave a trans person reaserch those terms, told her to do a review, then said the science was uncritizable because "she was held responsible to a board of experts" despite those experts being a bunch of other trans people and it not being put up for peer review, that would be obviously nonsense.
>>
>>35499220
Evidence your claim.
>>
>>35499225
https://web.archive.org/web/20210420111940/https://cass.independent-review.uk/about-the-review/governance/

https://twitter.com/ValoisDuBins/status/1782663263609926006

The review board was hand picked by cass, who also appointed a pro conversion therapy woman to make the methodology and specifically disincluded trans people from the start, imagine doing a review on abortion and ruling out women.
>>
>>35499245
>look at this tweet
Oh, friend. Trilby Langton isn't even listed in your first link, and then the tweet calls her the "the sole gender affirming care expert involved in the Cass systematic reviews" which is bizarre considering all the research she contributed to was done in collaboration with a number of other experts.
And then the evidence that she is sympathetic to conversion therapy is that she.... met with the Equalities minister to discuss conversion therapy ban and.... gave a talk at CAN-SG.
Friend this is weak.
>>
>>35499289
>gave a talk at CAN-SG
https://can-sg.org/about-us/
a group that specifically opposes hormone therapy for all ages and rebukes any and all legal rights of trans people.
>all the research she contributed to was done in collaboration with a number of other experts
If they were not in charge of the methodology nor had any input on it, then what difference did it make other experts were around.
>>
>>35499306
>https://can-sg.org/about-us/
The website says:
>The practice of prescribing hormone blockers and cross-sex hormones for gender dysphoria should be scientifically scrutinised, as there is currently no robust evidence that they improve long-term outcomes and increasing concern around harms.
This is factually correct. We can't criticise someone for speaking at a conference where the website says something which is verifiably true.
>>
>>35499319
It also says
>We believe the sexed categories of male and female encompass all expressions of gender, personality types and behaviours.
Which is an open call to revoke any acknowledgement of trans people in society.
And also then undoes the bit you said by saying
>Clinicians should be able to consider a variety of appropriate therapeutic options.
Which means they think conversion therapy should be acceptable.
>>
>>35499326
No it doesn't. There is nothing there at all saying conversion therapy is acceptable.
>>
File: abigail-thorn.jpg (235 KB, 2560x1440)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
I did this to get pussy. There won't be any competition in the dating market when none of you even remotely pass, I'll mog you all!
>>
>>35499385
conversion therapy is everything that isn't affirm only no questions asked.
>>
>>35499418
Some people genuinely believe this
>>
File: 1713866542969.png (33 KB, 742x264)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>35499151
Challenge it how? The document was written in a black box, the govt. took it and ran. Otherwise yes there's growing numbers of peers who aren't particularly happy.
https://ruthpearce.net/2024/04/16/whats-wrong-with-the-cass-review-a-round-up-of-commentary-and-evidence/
>>35499179
Knew someone would come out with that. What good does holding feedback sessions do when the singular person writing the report is biased with clear conflicts of interest. The report is a black box and we have no idea whether she seriously considered their input, neither who she considered in the first place.
I'm so glad the review considered feedback and opinion from the likes of:
Transgender Trend:
https://www.transgendertrend.com/nhs-interim-clinical-policy-public-consultation-submission-guide/
Sex Matters:
https://sex-matters.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Social-transition-in-schools-is-not-possible.pdf
Do No Harm:
https://donoharmmedicine.org/2023/06/14/do-no-harm-expert-testifies-at-congress/
Random conservative/TERF blogs:
https://mysticsisters.substack.com/p/esg-the-hidden-reason-why-so-many
https://ourduty.group/education/lifecycle-of-transgender-ideation/
https://gcritical.org/introduction/?amp=1
https://reduxx.info/trans-health-authority-cites-castration-fetish-site-in-guidelines/
r/detrans (astroturfed to shit) (also cited as r/trans in the document)
As can be seen in the consultation report:
https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/psh-consultation-report-11-march-2024.docx
And so glad that the review board consisted of no experts in the field:
https://cass.independent-review.uk/about-the-review/assurance-group/
>>
>>35499428
>peers who aren't particularly happy
Being sad about something is irrelevant, if you cannot put forward any actually valid criticisms of what it says.
>>
>>35499439
It was very relevant for the report though. Plentiful feedback considered from "stakeholders" who simply aren't happy that trans people exist.
>if you cannot put forward any actually valid criticisms of what it says.
Glad you didn't bother exploring the links on that page to read their criticisms. Retard.
>>
>>35499459
I clicked on the first one:
https://bagis.co.uk/
And couldn't identify any proper criticism of the report. If any of the others are better, please do point them out and I'll happily give them a read.
Or even better would be to try and form a strong criticism yourself. Then you can practice defending your own views rather than outsourcing them like this.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>35497090
>>35497954
>refuse to follow the same strategy us fags used to incredible success
>rely on medical consensus for validation, something us fags constantly warned against
>have horrendous PR because CLEARLY the majority will never turn on you
>medican consensus rugpulls you
>AIEEEE WOE IS ME HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING
Congratulations, trannies, you've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Let's hope the backslide won't wipe out too many of our rights, but I'm not optimistic.
>>
>>35499623
it's a controversial medical issue, it was never going anywhere without overwhelming consensus from the medical community. i hate having to interact with retards who got conned into thinking that posting on twitter is trans activism.
>>
>>35499470
>I clicked on the first one... And couldn't identify any proper criticism of the report.
Scroll down
>Or even better would be to try and form a strong criticism yourself. Then you can practice defending your own views rather than outsourcing them like this.
Sure, read the rest of my initial reply >>35499428
>>
>>35499695
What exactly in BAGIS's statement would you say constitutes the strongest criticism of the report's content?
>>
>>35497942
>did u kno that trannies are always sad?
>"uh no we aren't?"
>omg why are trannies always telling everyone about how happy they are

Your brain must just legitimately not work if you can't figure this out.
>>
>>35497090
Isn't UK Stonewall a TERF organization that got condemned by the real Stonewall charity organization?
>>
>>35499844
>The Real Stonewall
Let me guess. The real one is in the USA?
>>
>>35499623
I mean it's less the medical community itself rugpulled it, more the British government found if you simply do a medical review, appoint someone hostile to transpeople and specifically rule out including any of anyone with medical expertise or experience in the area, you can get evidence reviews that suggest there isn't enough evidence, which can then be turned into "so we should do more studies" in the conclusion, which is then turned into "the review said kill trannies" in the media.
But otherwise yeah, this heavily relying on the vibe of medical evidence and giving uncaring psychologists who like inserting themselves into everything this much power was never that great of an idea.
>>
>>35499871
That is where the bar is, retard.
Where the history happened.
>>
>>35500087
kek
called it
>>
Isn't a massive issue with the "discarding reports for not being high quality" that they were demanding standards that couldn't ethically be met like double blind surveys?
How do you do a double blind survey for hormones or for fucking surgery?
>>
>>35500042
>No we cannot have transgender people or practitioners on the assurance board
>That is a conflict of interest and could introduce bias
>But yes we can appoint cis people who endorse transphobic organizations and viewpoints
absolute state
>>
>>35500222
That's the twitter myth, but it's not true.
>>
>>35500245
Why were they disregarded then
>>
>>35500251
They weren't. Some of the lowest quality studies were discarded by reviews which informed the report, and there are many reasons a study could be considered low quality. For example, non-standardised measurements.
>>
>>35500264
So they just came to a wrong conclusion even while taking into account the studies, impressive.
>>
>>35500274
They stated what the preponderance of evidence shows.
>>
>>35500285
Except it doesn't show that, they're just transphobic shills
>>
>>35500264
Why did they throw out 49 out of 50 studies on puberty blockers
>>35499385
Not them but they advocate for 'gender exploratory therapy' which is in itself a form of conversion therapy
https://transsafety.network/posts/gosh-exploratory-therapy/
>>
>>35500338
>Why did they throw out 49 out of 50 studies on puberty blockers
They didn't. This is another of the twitter myths.
>>
>>35500338
>Not them but they advocate for 'gender exploratory therapy' which is in itself a form of conversion therapy
Isn't "gender exploration" literally what transgender is?
>>
>>35500367
Why do you think they chose that name?
>>
>>35500367
Doesn't seem like it
>In this training, Spiliadis and his colleagues Tilly Langton and Anna Hutchinson promoted their “Gender Exploratory” approach to gender dysphoria treatment. This encourages inserting delays into transition and trying to resist a patient’s preferences for changes of name or pronouns. At the end of the slide deck, trainees were encouraged to investigate a list of organisations that “offer different perspectives”, directing NHS CAMHS Psychiatry Trainees towards on the one hand, mainstream trans support charities Gendered Intelligence and Mermaids, but on the other hand, two conversion therapy advocacy groups (Genspect and Bayswater Support Group), and the anti-trans lobby group Transgender Trend, who also campaign against banning conversion therapy for trans people. Transgender Trend who have also been described as a hate group and accused of promoting school bullying of trans youth leading to warnings issued in the educational press.
>>
>>35500405
And while the plural of anecdote is not data I found this account of someone who went through GET that I recall reading a year or so ago.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1584116431255638016.html
Not being trans I can only really go off what others say.
>>
>>35497215
What expense? Oh no my depression how could I leave it behind? Oh no my suicidal ideation how could I forget about you?
Hating myself every second of the day? Why would I ever leave that behind? God damn cults I tells ya
>>
>>35500439
Look, depression and suicidal ideation are expected symptoms for being British. If you live in Britain you're SUPPOSED to hate yourself and everything. It's MEANT to be shit. You take it out on everyone else: the young, the old, Johnny foreigner. All of our history has been spent going places and ruining them.
>>
>>35500484
We were thriving when the Danelaw was at our doorstep, Brits need to feel the pressure of a looming invasion or we get stressed
>>
>>35499688
>it was never going anywhere without overwhelming consensus from the medical community
How about focusing on public acceptance first and foremost?
The gay side was (and still is) kinda fucked on the medical side, STDs are still a major problem and only slowly improving, but now that there's acceptance it's easier to tackle that issue.
>>
>>35501244
>>35501244
>>
>>35497215
>you are part of a cult
>your actions benefit others at your own expense
You're thinking of right wing voters.
>>
>>35499385
yeah yeah, and the nazis never said on record that they were exterminating jews. they said they were evacuating them from germany
transition is effective in treating gender dysphoria, "a variety of appropriate therapeutic options" here means "ways of dealing with gender dysphoria besides transitioning, and transitioning"
i wonder what those other ways of dealing with it might be?
>>
>>35501553
>The nazis never said they were exterminating Jews
>Therefore, anyone who doesn't say they're practicing conversion therapy is practicing conversion therapy
Excellent logic. Congratulations. I have no comeback.
>>
>>35501567
learn how euphemism works lol
"conversion therapy" used to be the euphemism, then it got tons of bad press because people realized it was just a nice way of saying "torture someone until they stop being gay"
so now they use new euphemisms like "a variety of appropriate therapeutic options"
>>
>>35501587
Or maybe it's not that deep. A variety of appropriate therapeutic options means what it says on the tin.
>>
>>35501599
yeah, a suggestion that trans people not transition and instead just talk about dysphoria with a therapist so that it goes away.
that's what will happen, for sure. the trans people will talk to the therapists and realize it was all silly and go back to being normal, it certainly won't escalate to torture, when has the government ever worked with the medical establishment to torture undesirables until they behave?
>>
>>35501637
Undeniably, that would happen for some. For others, the dysphoria will go as seemingly unrelated issues such as eating disorders or depression are fixed.
>it certainly won't escalate to torture
Obviously. That's just a Daily Mail style slippery slope hysteria.
>>
>>35501010
you are literally trying to turn men into women, you're never ever going to be accepted by normies. your best bet is to win using science and based on that pass laws that will protect you from the people trying yo kill you.
>>
>>35501662
wow interesting, so you mean to tell me you don't believe there are actually transgender people and that 100% could be resolved without transition? what a shocking revelation, this is new information to me. that you believe that.
but suppose for a moment that you're wrong, that just talking with a therapist doesn't work and that solving seemingly unrelated issues doesn't help. what next? are you fine with us transitioning in that case? after a few years of therapeutic treatments?
>>
>>35501700
>you don't believe there are actually transgender people and that 100% could be resolved without transition
Why bother posting something like this? I didn't say anything like that, and you know I didn't.
>Talking with a therapist doesn't work and that solving seemingly unrelated issues doesn't help. what next? are you fine with us transitioning in that case?
A clearer example would be someone without any unrelated issues. In which case, transition could well be appropriate as the very first course of action.
>>
>>35501739
look anon i get that you're very dedicated to interpreting transphobic rhetoric in good faith, but it's not being written in good faith and it's easy to see. if it were the people pushing it wouldn't also spend all their time posting about trans rapists and trying to build hate.
yes, it can be interpreted as you say. no, that's not what they mean. yes, that is the point.
>>
>>35501846
I don't think Cass has spent any time at all posting about trans rapists or trying to build hate...
>>
>>35501874
cass isn't the one person in the movement, she didn't act alone and she wasn't chosen randomly
>>
>>35501891
So when you said
>the people pushing it wouldn't also spend all their time posting about trans rapists and trying to build hate.
you didn't mean the lead behind this report... did you mean anyone who contributed to it?
>>
>>35498757
NTA but kek how do chuds always end up being bigger faggots than the trannies
>>
>>35501904
not anyone, several people, and not just who contributed to it, who called for it to be performed in the first place, who spread the propaganda it needed to be reviewed, and who spread the review to argue against trans healthcare
thought that was pretty obvious when i said "the people pushing it" instead of "hillary cass"
>>
>>35501930
The other actions of people who support a document has no implications for the intention of the author behind the document. This is a particularly weak attempt at guilt by association.
>>
>>35501977
you can pretend to be retarded all you like, it doesn't change anything. the cass report is part of a movement that seeks to prevent transition and remove trans people from society, and everything it says must be interpreted in that context
>>
>>35501993
I just think you're being a bit conspiratorial. The Cass Report isn't part of any movement seeking to remove trans people from society. It's a public health review commissioned by NHS England. It is just like any other such review, and is much better understood under that context than as part of some sinister plot.
>>
>>35502016
>yeah just ignore the context and trust the conservative government led by someone who openly doesn't consider trans people's identities real when they say their health review is totally neutral
>>
>>35502016
>t. 77th
>>
>>35502033
I mean, how many health reviews do you think NHS England commissions? Is this the only one? And do you really think we could have gone forever without having a single comprehensive review of this topic?
The Cass Report was inevitable. It's pointless to try and find sinister motives when, with or without those motives, the situation would play out the exact same way.
>>
>>35502050
>the situation would play out the exact same way
no it fucking wouldn't lol
you know that, i know that, fucking everyone knows that.
>>
>>35502099
What would be different? High quality evidence in support of puberty blockers isn't going to magically appear. It doesn't exist.
>>
>>35502113
same as the majority of medicine yeah
>>
>>35497090
Britain has fallen. Thousands must detransition.
>>
>>35497942
im literally chilling and i have boobs
>>
>>35502170
What?
>>
>>35502188
the majority of medical treatments aren't supported by high or moderate quality evidence
>>
>>35502196
Nonsense.
>>
>>35502207
cope
https://www.jclinepi.com/article/S0895-4356(20)30777-0/abstract
>>
>>35497090
how exactly was it unclear
the systemic review is extremely clear about it
it only needed to be clarified if you are complete retard that listens to retards on twitter grifting for their patreon
>>
>>35502229
This finds the majority of cochrane reviews don't contain high/moderate-quality evidence. It doesn't show that the majority of medical treatments aren't supported by high/moderate-quality evidence.
>>
>>35502268
the title literally refers to "the quality of evidence for medical interventions"
the reviews are what medical treatments are based on, they are the evidence.
are you always this obtuse or only when you're objectively wrong?
>>
>>35502290
>The majority of Cochrane reviews only find low-quality evidence
>Medical treatments are based on reviews
>Therefore the majority of medical treatments are based on low-quality evidence
The third line doesn't follow from the first two. That's the issue.
>>
>>35502323
it does though, the reviews aren't specifically looking for low quality studies, the cochrane library isn't the one that does the studies.
why would the cochrane reviews have a different distribution of evidence quality than the industry as a whole?
>>
>>35502356
>why would the cochrane reviews have a different distribution of evidence quality than the industry as a whole?
This is a very easy to answer question. I think you can probably answer it yourself with not much thought.
>>
>>35502382
apparently not, so why don't you give your very easy and obvious answer
>>
File: file.png (133 KB, 575x451)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>35502290
>>35502323
both of you are retards that can't read
the paper you are arguing about only looks at UPDATES to existing Cochrane reviews
they found 608 existing reviews, and then 154 of them were updated, then 3 were discarded due to lack of data
of the 151 studies that WERE UPDATED and they had data 15 (9.9%) of them now have high quality evidence
that figure gives you ZERO information about how many Cochrane reviews in general have high quality evidence like you are claiming
and the paper itself even suggests it shouldn't be used to make a general conclusion of the quality of evidence, like you are trying to do
>>
>>35502460
teehee, pranked
>>
>>35502414
Surprising. Have a think about what the motivation is for a Cochrane review, and what the motivation is for prescribing a medication.
>>
>>35502503
how would that influence the quality of evidence
>>
>>35502540
It doesn't. Think about how it might affect the distributions across the two data sets though.
>>
>>35502598
what do you think the motivation is for a cochrane review?
cause i don't think it'd lead to them looking more at lower quality evidence, i'd say they look at a studies based on their topic
>>
>>35502654
>cause i don't think it'd lead to them looking more at lower quality evidence
No? Would you say a Cochrane review is just as likely to be on a difficult or contentious topic, or on an already-settled one with substantial high-quality evidence? I've pretty well walked you to the answer at this point.
>>
>>35502668
>Would you say a Cochrane review is just as likely to be on a difficult or contentious topic, or on an already-settled one with substantial high-quality evidence?
i'd think it's equally likely
>>
>>35502687
A cochrane review is more likely to address a topic for which the answer is not already well established.
>>
>>35502724
prove it, back that statement up with literally anything
>>
>>35498227
youre on 4chan you retarded faggot kys noone cares
>>
>>35502724
lol, can't find anything backing that up can you?
maybe think about why you would assume something and argue as if it were the case instead of just checking
>>
>>35497090
I think it was rather predictable that UK would degenerate after leaving EU. Like it's a prime example of western country falling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.