[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3702527220101549.jpg (1.25 MB, 3333x2222)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Religion was invented to keep gay people down in society. If they could marginalize gays as effectively and easily without religion, it wouldn't exist.
>>
>>35497241
Then religion is based af
>>
>>35497255
no, that's completely cringe
>>
>>35497241
Religion was created because we didn't know shit, homophobia is a byproduct
>>
>>35497273
no, the express purpose is to oppress gays, it would be too hard to keep them down without it
>>
>>35497300
That doesn't automatically mean it was just for that
>>
>>35497365
it was though, every major religion did not start out allowing same sex couples the same rights as others
the goal of religion is to promote breeding, gays stand antithetical to that
>>
>>35497241
>All religion is Abrahamism
Brainlet take. Sort of thing I would expect from a nu atheist fedora tipping sort from '08.
>>
>>35497406
Source?
>>
>>35497424
That is something you are reading into it, not something I said. ALL religions are anti-gay, and that's why they exist. To create rules that leave gays on a less favorable footing.
>>
>>35497437
how is Wicca anti-gay
>>
>>35497433
what religions explicitly encourage gays to find same sex pairings and raise kids in that framework?
>>
>>35497449
Wicca is a modern interpretation of folk practices that most certainly were originated in an anti-gay context, there's plenty of Wiccans who are anti-gay there's some overlap with White Supremacists in some cases as well
>>
>>35497458
I hope you warmed up before stretching like that
>>
>>35497406
>>35497437
Most religions cover a lot more ground than sex. It's not all about you
>>
>>35497241
The one for Sikhism is called the "Khanda" and the incorrectly drawn symbol for Hinduism is called "Om", a Sanskrit word.
>>
>>35497424
>abrahamism
>fedora
pot calling the kettle a nigger
>>
>>35498046
abraham wore a top hot i believe
>>
>>35498066
hat*
>>
>>35497241
nah dude the pagan religions are gay as hell
>>
>>35497241
shut up silly atheist, christ loves all and christ is king
>>
>>35498445
let me guess, you think gay culture is icky?
>>
>>35498445
fuck you
>>
>>35498450
no
>>35498643
christ is king wether you like it or not
>>
>>35498869
its fictional, like harry potter
imagine worshipping harry potter
that's you
>>
How to reconcile being god fearing and also an ashamed tranny
>>
>>35498884
harry potter has catgirl tf so there's at least something nice to worship
>>
>>35498891
religious brainwashing is what led you to transition in the first place
>>
>>35498884
atheists really are stupid, huh
>>
>>35498959
>noooo you have to believe in imaginary friends
>>
>>35498922
i don't think so... i get really upset that im a fag and feel like im betraying our creator for not being a normal man, having a large family etc.
>>
>>35498960
>he’s imaginary because because
ur historical literacy is terrible
>>
>>35498962
you sound really brainwashed
>>
>>35498959
stupid how :O
>>
>>35498989
u believe nothing created something
>>
>>35498992
religion amounts to nothing
you make shit up in your head cuz ur scared of dying and its easier to be told what to do than to think for yourself and have to actively evaluate everything
>>
>>35498998
god creating the universe makes more sense than an explosion out of nothing
>>
>>35499003
because you are scared of dying and it brings you comfort to imagine a magical force than have to realize you don't understand what may have actually happened
>>
>>35498992
i don't think that's necessarily what atheists believe... nothing is a very religiously complex thing to consider and also scientifically complex, as well... prolly there's a fundamental agreement with most thinking atheists that there is something "bigger than you" that did something you don't understand. i think it's reasonable to maybe think that isn't 'god', though at some point there is such an utter vastness to the unknown that i don't know why people dislike people saying it is god lol
>>
>>35498981
I just don't want to do the wrong thing anon it isn't brainwashing but I'm ashamed of what I am because it seems like everyone agrees this isn't ok
>>
>>35499008
ur projecting lmao
>>
>>35499020
i don't know if what people think is okay or not is a very good metric to judge yourself by. what's permitted on average is often horrific... people are kind of horrifying
>>
>>35499037
It's not ppl tho it's what God has written in stone from the creation of everything.
People just pass on those teachings, if God told me this was ok then maybe I could get over it and live
>>
>>35499024
im not as scared of dying as religious people are
i believe in my own morality, not some fixed set of principles that, of course, means my own identity as a gay person is wrong
you know how many gays have thrown their lives away due to religion?
>>
>>35499072
i hate to break it to you, but people recorded and kept that information. all information throughout history is manipulated by persons

not saying you can't get a lot of value out of the bible or whatever, but like.... even by its own account it has multiple authors and countless revisions. language and records have been lost, things added or taken out....

you have to make choices for yourself. you're being superstitious :{
>>
>>35499081
im not scared of dying either ur personal attacks aren’t working
>but bad people
who cares about what american protestants have done? they’re not christ. ur atheism is an autistic reaction to people you don’t like. ur homophobic teacher lives now and not when christ was alive so why care about what he thinks?
>>
>>35499098
Yeah I'm aware that's why I've kinda been researching Islam and stuff because the idea of a book that hasn't been manipulated sounds good, I don't think I'd convert to that though LOL.
>>
>>35497300
holy spotlight effect
>>
>>35499120
islam kinda sucks. watch night ont he galactic railroad and read some kenji miyazawa or something
>>
>>35499120
the problem with islam is that muhammed was born like 500 years after christ died. islam isn’t the most wrong cuz they still believe in christ and they’re more christian than the average protestant in the west. but the bible was written by people who personally spoke to christ so catholicism makes more sense.
>>
every time i see people equate "religion" with "materialist dogma" i want to fucking scream lol.

is it faith??? or is it shit that got written down? make up your damn minds retards D:
>>
>>35499180
yeah I guess I can mostly agree with that anon.
would Christ hate me for being like this idk
>>35499144
I've read Miyazawa before ya
>>
>>35497241
Religion was not created to keep lgbt down. This so soooo fucking stupid. Learn its history instead of pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>35497241
someday i hope Ellaphae will be among those

ill spend my life trying

this world needs the religion of love & beauty; the true universal goddess that all of those are just mythologized proxies of
>>
>>35497424
That's not what OP said christcuck, kill yourself. This is why everyone finds you insufferable.
>>
I'm a fag and also religious, this is a stupid argument, if all these different religions and cultures agree on homosexual intercourse being wrong, and you stand alone believing it to be okay, then clearly the issue is with you. You don't even need to be religious to see why mindlessly giving in to homosexual desires is not exactly a good thing, it destroys the family unit, has no reproductive purpose and destroys our bloodlines, and clearly was not how our bodies were intended to be used as the rectum is an exit point not entry. I wasn't raised religious btw redditards, I'm not gonna write a best-selling novel on fuckin 4chan of all things about why I now believe in God and specifically the God of The Bible but I put so much more thought into it than I did with atheism, where I just wanted excuses to take it up the ass without feeling bad. Anyway we can observe a massive fault with secularism by seeing all the AGP's chop their dicks off, and we are meant to celebrate this degeneracy and accept them as actual women lmfao
>>
>>35499689
:3c *smells you very deeply and wags my tail*
>>
>>35499689
>bronze age shitlord says something
>"oh my god this is the pinnacle of human spirituality and the deepest understanding of the cosmos we'll ever have"
I'd rather listen to a person with actual hygiene, and can actually defend his bullshit instead of relying on being old and dead for credibility.
>why I now believe in God and specifically the God of The Bible
If you wanna larp as a hebrew, we got other boards for that.
>>
>>35497241
No, religious persecution against LGBT's is caused by an institutional bias against non-breeders. If the institution was accepting of gays and lesbians, so the thinking goes of men thousands of years ago, then eventually there wouldn't be any new supplicants to the religion without external evangelizing.
>>
>>35499689
Based off your past decisions I'm just going to point and giggle at you. What a fool.
>>
>>35497241
Nobody would care about sodomites if 99% of you wouldn't be pedos who chase after teenage boys.
>>
>>35499284
You're a smelly fat incel. Have a nice suicide.
>>
>>35498992
No, I believe that all matter always existed
>>
>>35498445
christ didn't even exist, his story is literally a composite of other religious text
>>
>>35497241
>picrel
>pacifism
What? Pacifism isn't a religion, is it?
>>
>>35501947
Most gay people actively persecute that kind of behaviour. You think we celebrate paedophiles? You should know that most of us are just people with the same junk that happen to be attracted, sexually and emotionally, to each other. I know it's hard for you guys at /pol/ to understand just how mundane it is. Most couples are monogamous and loving, more than willing to protect younger lgbt people from pedo scum. It's a far less lurid and sexualised community than you think.
>>
>>35501966
im getting married anon; i think thats disqualifying from the term incel; also i weigh 118lb and im 5'5; i think that's disqualifying from the term fat; i also smell nice always according to my beautiful sexy fiancee; ill have a nice life instead of a suicide thanks

you should stop speaking when you have feces in your throat

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.